Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 77
Re: The Thrill is Gone..
Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: April 24, 2015 15:50

I am not east coast, in Colorado an area that hasn't got a Stones show in 10 years and I am traveling to see them. But I get you completely. Hope I am proved wrong but the set list hasn't really changed much since the Licks tour. It seems it would be so easy for them to mix up the show or do something different in regards to just making the show different but they just won't. I'll take them for what they are now. But I understand where you are coming from.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 24, 2015 15:53

Hound Dog
I am not east coast, in Colorado an area that hasn't got a Stones show in 10 years and I am traveling to see them. But I get you completely. Hope I am proved wrong but the set list hasn't really changed much since the Licks tour. It seems it would be so easy for them to mix up the show or do something different in regards to just making the show different but they just won't. I'll take them for what they are now. But I understand where you are coming from.

Well, Keith has almost stopped playing guitar as in the good ' ol days so something has really changed, although it is not for the better.

2 1 2 0

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 24, 2015 15:59

kwf
MingSubu
Is one pissed at the Stones for having high ticket prices, or mad at themselves for not affording the tickets?

Lame...everybody has their price...

Just a question, Sorry you got offended. smiling smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 24, 2015 16:03

Well, not for me. saw the Stones in Stockholm last year (my 27th Stones gig since 1976), second row, Keef side. and it was Great !!! Cant afford to see them in the States, hope to see them next year in europe. Maybe 3 times.

to me, i still get a kick and a rush, everytime i hear and see them and they are still the GREATEST !!!

jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-25 01:09 by corriecas.

Posted by: LetsWork ()
Date: April 24, 2015 16:55

Exactly!

It's one thing to say "I wish they were coming to my city. Oh well." and it's another to say "Because they aren't coming to my city, this tour is trash!"

We all know that if the tour went to NYC, all of the NYC people here saying "I'm done!" would be lining up for tickets.

And, ya, the setlist will be boring, but it's been the same variety of boring since 2006, at least.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-24 16:57 by LetsWork.

Posted by: TheGoons ()
Date: April 24, 2015 17:52

Whatever. Different story for me; the Pittsburgh show is in, technically, walking distance so it was a no brainer. We've got seats in back but not high up, maybe a little pricy but if the sound is clear and the view isn't obstructed, I'll be happy.

Here's the thing: I've seen them close up and no-so-close. What I want is the ROCK SHOW (thank you, Patterson Hood). In the future, when this has past, the Rolling Stones will be remembered the same way that P.T. Barnum is...for it's time, the Greatest Show on Earth.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 24, 2015 18:44

just checked...thrill still intact

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: April 24, 2015 21:14

I haven't seen the Stones since 1994 and never thought I would want to see them again. You can only see the same thing so many time and they are in their 70s now. But for some reason this time I want to go and only live an hour from Buffalo. I decided against it because I have had a lot of back problems in the last year and don't know how that would work out for me. But Of Mick Taylor was playing part of the show more then 2 shows I would probably try it and see how it goes..

Posted by: 2120Wolf ()
Date: April 24, 2015 21:21

UGot2Rollme
ok, not completely - if they were playing in the NYC area, I would probably see them again, but this ride started for me in 1978 (JFK, Philly), and may just be over... my top reasons for not seeing them this go around (besides the 5 hour drive to Pittsburgh or Buffalo):
- saw them twice on GRR / 50th tour (Brooklyn, Philly)
- same old song and dance - there's only 2 maybe 3 songs that are of any interest to me in the setlist they'll probably be strutting out - I've heard JJF et al enough times live to last me a lifetime. I hope they prove me wrong, but to me No Security was the last great tour by this band.
- ticket prices
- the possibility that Keif will be singing 3 songs, a la end of Oz tour
- no Bobby K.
- no Mick T.

Thanks for the memories, guys - I'll love you forever!!!

Yes...somewhat agree, 50 shows total around the U.S. - 6 of 50 and counting...started for me in 75' at the Old Chicago Stadium, bypassed Bigger Bang completely......90% of the time super close...front row left for Chicago's Double Door thanks to Mr. Jim Callahan who I had befriended trying to snake my way into Chuck Berry's "Hail Hail Rock N' Roll" Birthday party...I do not mind Keith singing 3, 4 or 5...This show has been running for 26 years...it is 89's Steal Wheels with very few changes...It is a greatest hits, oldies show with alot of posing and "acting kool". However they are still on the planet, no one does it better and they still find a way to suck us in because we love em.... I will hit San Diego & Indy this time around...Maybe a few more if I get snake bitten.
I cannot understand that without any new material or changing up the set-list why anyone would want to see more than 5 to 7 shows a tour, unless you are making $$$ ...I have seen Dylan over 100 times...as some of us know he has stopped changing his set...You could always count on the Dead for changing it up, but that all ended in 95'....So yes,the Stones are repetive, it sucks that the set-list is pretty much the same, it is all choreographed to the tee every night. But they are still here, they are still great and why not pay for cheaps, work your way close and go see a couple of shows each and everytime they are playing close to where you are !!!! Because in years to come if you are still on the planet and they are not...You will be saying to yourself...Man I wish the Stones were playing somewhere tonite !!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-24 21:24 by 2120Wolf.

Posted by: kwf ()
Date: April 24, 2015 21:27

MingSubu
kwf
MingSubu
Is one pissed at the Stones for having high ticket prices, or mad at themselves for not affording the tickets?

I'm not offended, It's just a lame question...

Date: April 24, 2015 21:45

kwf
MingSubu
kwf
MingSubu

I'm not offended, It's just a lame question...

Only a fool would pay full price !!!!
$100 Max and work your way close !!!!

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 24, 2015 22:25

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 25, 2015 00:08

I thought they were slowing down considerably when I saw them in 2005 and again in 2006 in Los Angeles. I was very excited to get to see them on the opening night in L.A. in 2013. There was maybe 4 moments worth being there for: Emotional Rescue, because it's rare, Midnight Rambler, because Mick Taylor was there, the choir for You Can't Always Get What You Want, and Keith's opening chords to Jumping Jack Flash. (The only glimpse of what we think of as the real Rolling Stones). But all the rest just went blurring by, and quite frankly, except for Mick Jagger, it could have been just about any band playing up there.

Having said all those negative things, I'm glad there are people out there that still want to see them, and will have the opportunity. If they want to see the same thing over and over again, for ever increasing prices, that's their business. And if I want to see the 'real' Rolling Stones, I have a DVD player that can take me to almost any point in their long, storied career. And the Marquee show is almost hear!

I hope everyone has a blast this summer seeing the Stones. I'll be in my basement room, with a DVD, and a 'shroom....

Posted by: RomanCandle ()
Date: April 25, 2015 00:32

why we think that the ticket prices are so obscene: when you visit one of your dying relatives you shouldn't have to pay THAT much, for f-uck's sake!

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: April 25, 2015 00:35

really like reading the comments people! Instead of going to Pittsburgh, I'll be seeing Van Morrison with Taj Mahal in NYC the night before. Of course I would see the Stones if they were playing in the area, but just had to justify to myself why it wasn't worth the 5 hour drive +$1,000 expense to go to Pitt..

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 25, 2015 01:08

when its over you're gonna wish you went-

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 25, 2015 01:44

^^^
you can say that again...

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: April 25, 2015 01:57

Leonioid
^^^

For myself, not at all. Seen many shows going back to the Garden '72, including Mick's birthday jam/pie fight. Again, just me, but I hate stadium shows. As for everyone else, "On with the show, good health to you!".

Date: April 25, 2015 03:35

bleedingman
Leonioid
^^^

For myself, not at all. Seen many shows going back to the Garden '72, including Mick's birthday jam/pie fight. Again, just me, but I hate stadium shows. As for everyone else, "On with the show, good health to you!".

If in fact you outlive them, there may come a time many years from now when you will say to yourself "Man I wish the Stones were playing somewhere tonite" !!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-25 03:43 by 2120Wolf.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 25, 2015 18:56

bleedingman
Leonioid
^^^

I agree - I dislike US stadium shows as well - with all the seats on the floor and the rows of rich folks with VIP lanyards dominating the first ten rows. They lack the atmosphere that you find elsewhere. It's not just the seats on the floor - I was in Auckland and the atmosphere was electric. Wonder what is wrong with stadium shows in the US. Well maybe this tour will be better?

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: April 25, 2015 20:43

2120Wolf
bleedingman
Leonioid
^^^

If in fact you outlive them, there may come a time many years from now when you will say to yourself "Man I wish the Stones were playing somewhere tonite" !!!!!

I'm beyond thrilled that they are still playing, just not where. I'm ten years younger than Mick and Keith so they will most likely outlive me!

Date: April 25, 2015 21:37

UGot2Rollme
really like reading the comments people! Instead of going to Pittsburgh, I'll be seeing Van Morrison with Taj Mahal in NYC the night before. Of course I would see the Stones if they were playing in the area, but just had to justify to myself why it wasn't worth the 5 hour drive +$1,000 expense to go to Pitt..

Same with me- instead of Pitt doing a play in NYC followed by Billy Joel at MSG and instead of coming back from Pitt on Sunday will see The Phillies lose and then head accross the street to Paul McCartney. Free train tickets Saturday for NYC and $10 septa/Patco for Sunday the 21st

Re: The ticket prices and other complaints thread
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 25, 2015 22:06

I wonder which is the highest price anyone has paid for attending a Rolling Stones concert? Not taking in account the black market.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 25, 2015 22:09

It was probably that Carmignac guy having his private little show in 2012 shortly after the Trabendo concert. Wonder how much that set him back and if it qualifis as "black market"?

Posted by: RomanCandle ()
Date: April 25, 2015 23:35

louses playing for parasites.... hope they had fun... smoking smiley

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 26, 2015 00:26

Stoneage
I wonder which is the highest price anyone has paid for attending a Rolling Stones concert? Not taking in account the black market.

Knew a guy who lost his wife cause he snuck to a Stones show with a girlfriend and was caught by some of her friends. But the highest was surely, Meredith Hunter, who paid the ultimate price at Altamont.

peace

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 26, 2015 01:17

Naturalust
Stoneage

Knew a guy who lost his wife cause he snuck to a Stones show with a girlfriend and was caught by some of her friends. But the highest was surely, Meredith Hunter, who paid the ultimate price at Altamont.

peace

That's correct, Naturalust. I'll rephrase it then. Which is the highest amount of money anyone has paid for a Rolling Stones concert ticket? Secondary market excluded.

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: April 26, 2015 01:29

So many unsold seats it in embarrassing

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 26, 2015 01:30

Ticketing for any big act like this is a market-driven phenomena. What will the market bear? That's the only criteria that really goes into these decisions. It has nothing to do with what's "fair", any more than pricing a BMW does. Don't think you're getting value for the money? Don't buy a ticket. That is what I have chosen to do. "Value" for me meant including Mick Taylor and doing something at least a little more musically adventurous. "Value" for the masses who populate these shows means hearing the hits and seeing the poses, and being able to say they were there. Nothing more.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 26, 2015 01:39

71Tele
"Value" for the masses who populate these shows means hearing the hits and seeing the poses, and being able to say they were there. Nothing more.

How about enjoying the music, even if it's not adventurous? Sometimes that's what folks are in the mood for.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2191
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home