Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 77
Re: The Thrill is Gone..
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 24, 2015 03:19

All things must pass. I'll let Neil say it for me.

[www.youtube.com]

And here he does it another way. Turn that volume knob up to 12 for this one.

[www.youtube.com]

The Thrill of THE STONES will never be gone for me
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 24, 2015 03:41

dmay

And here he does it another way. Turn that volume knob up to 12 for this one.

The Thrill of THE STONES (and Neil Young) will never be gone for me

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 24, 2015 03:46

Too bad.
I feel for you,

I just don't feel the same.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 24, 2015 03:52

I don't get people.

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: April 24, 2015 03:54

Waaaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaah! Thats all I hear.

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: April 24, 2015 03:54

More Hot Rocks
I don't get people.

Agreed!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 24, 2015 04:19

In the spirit of taking a negative and turning it into a positive..

Speaking of The Thrill is Gone...
BB King, I believe is doing much better after a recent hospital stay.

I know BB played on a Rolling Stones album, has opened for them many times, but has he ever played live with them? I can't (easily) find any footage if it did happen.

Gotta think it did, anyone know?

Thrill isn't gone or even thinking about leaving for me...

Posted by: LetsWork ()
Date: April 24, 2015 04:48

Bunch of east coast whiners because, for once, the tour isn't focused on NYC/BOSTON/PHILLY.

Sour grapes. It's going to be the same tour they've been rolling out there for 10 years, except *this time* it's not good enough. Right.

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: April 24, 2015 04:49

It happens. I feel that way about the grateful dead and all their off shoot bands and I've been following them around for well over 30 years. I've only seen the stones about 20 times since 89 and get where you are coming from, but I'll take this ride again. Looking forward to catching 4-5 shows, summer time fun, good music, good people. mine as well

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: April 24, 2015 05:40

LetsWork
Bunch of east coast whiners because, for once, the tour isn't focused on NYC/BOSTON/PHILLY.

Sour grapes. It's going to be the same tour they've been rolling out there for 10 years, except *this time* it's not good enough. Right.

Im sitting this one out too..Hope ya'll have a great time.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: April 24, 2015 06:34

You make a lot of good points as to why you won't be going UGot2Rollme and I agree on a couple. Thing is they are still my favorite band and still put on a hell of a show so and "this may be the last time". So I'm going.

B.B. King and the Stones live together is one guest I wouldn't mind seeing. Maybe they could so this song:

Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: April 24, 2015 07:01

Hard to argue with you my friend. The Stones will forever be my favorite band. I've seen over 25 shows since 1989, including backstage MGM babylon and front row at the Joint for babylon, Joint for Licks, the Wiltern gig, and several other close up experiences on the last 4-5 tours…AND including watching them sound check Tumbling Dice in the 2nd row the afternoon of the MGM show with Keith smiling at me and handed me a pic….
To go to as large stadium show and see these songs again…..I don't think I need to but having said all this I can't say 3 days before San Diego I don't do a last min flight there and scalp a ticket 10 min before show time and partake!!!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 24, 2015 07:02

It's not the same, and you can't expect that. I saw the Stones in 73. I was in the 7th grade. I've seen 500 or so live shows since then (including over 50 Stones shows) and nothing has come close. So in a sense that level of excitement is gone. But, for me, it's still the best way that I can think of to spend an evening. That's reality and I'm OK with it.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 24, 2015 07:12

@UGot2Rollme - Honestly, admit it. If the ticket prices were not offensively high, you'd be there in a heartbeat. We know the same hits have made the setlist for years now. Even so, if the decen tickets weren't THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS you'd be at the Buffalo gig without issue.

Seriously, I know so many fans who simply have given up after the last tour and the $650 tickets. Offensive is putting it lightly.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: April 24, 2015 07:38

Not only are they offensively high, they're offensively shucked and jived. How many vip packages are there? Who knows off the top of their head? At least 5, maybe 6. Platinum, diamond, emerald, sapphire, gold, silver. That's 6. I think there's a ruby, too. That's 7. Real sad. How can someone in the upper deck be a VIP? What kind of game is this where someone pays $900 and a not even a week after the public sale starts the price drops down to $400??!?!

I totally lost interest in the live act over the last few years due to ticket price nonsense and same old set list. Until right now, I bit my toungue and never once complained or posted a rant about EITHER the set list or the ticket prices. But watching this crap is just mind-blowing. The Stones effectively drove me away from being a rabid fan to becoming a casual fan, and barely even that. It wasn't MY fault. It was theirs.

Having said that, I am happy to do two shows at the Lucky Dip price point. I'm sure they'll put on a great show and I will experience $29 worth of satisfaction. Plus fees and parking.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-24 07:57 by josepi.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: April 24, 2015 10:45

The Trill Is Gone.....is a great song by Waterboysspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: April 24, 2015 10:55

The Thrill Is On! Soon... thumbs up

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 24, 2015 11:26

John Wayne Bobbitt - The Thrill Is Gone .... was just out-right painful

ROCKMAN

Date: April 24, 2015 11:29

Rockman
John Wayne Bobbitt - The Thrill Is Gone .... was just out-right painful

Proper name, too. "Bitt" means bite in norwegian...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 24, 2015 11:38

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 24, 2015 12:09

Agree with a lot of what's written here, but we still love the guys !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-24 12:11 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 24, 2015 13:07

drbryant
It's not the same, and you can't expect that. I saw the Stones in 73. I was in the 7th grade. I've seen 500 or so live shows since then (including over 50 Stones shows) and nothing has come close. So in a sense that level of excitement is gone. But, for me, it's still the best way that I can think of to spend an evening. That's reality and I'm OK with it.

thumbs up Thats how i feel and my first concert was also 73 and around 20 stones concerts.

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: April 24, 2015 13:14

I wouldn't go for the music. But to how many live concerts do you go purely for the music? Especially in stadiums.
I'd go for the pàrty. Stones concerts are almost always a great party, especially in Spain. (My worst experience was once, in Belgium, where I was standing behind two couples, with the guys, with very sour faces, "protecting" their girlfriends against all that enthusiastic dancing and jumping around them. But then I just moved to a different part of the field and all was fine again.)
If you want great music, stay home and listen to the records.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 24, 2015 13:22

as one of the east coast whiners , who for once the tour is not focused on NYC/BOSTON/PHILLY SOUR GRAPES says that if they want my money come give us some shows on the east coast and get my money !!!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 24, 2015 13:58

I recall an interview (around 1994) where the band was all sitting together and Mick said they will continue to tour as long as people wanted to see them. Until the thrill is gone in other words. Hmm, maybe the end isn't far away. I'm just speculating of course. Either way it is pretty cool to they can still do it, and in stadiums.

Date: April 24, 2015 14:02

frankotero
I recall an interview (around 1994) where the band was all sitting together and Mick said they will continue to tour as long as people wanted to see them. Until the thrill is gone in other words. Hmm, maybe the end isn't far away. I'm just speculating of course. Either way it is pretty cool to they can still do it, and in stadiums.

We tend to forget that. Actually, it's unreal that they're booking stadiums, while in their 70s, and still are rolling on...

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 24, 2015 14:10

Is one pissed at the Stones for having high ticket prices, or mad at themselves for not affording the tickets?

Posted by: kwf ()
Date: April 24, 2015 14:56

MingSubu
Is one pissed at the Stones for having high ticket prices, or mad at themselves for not affording the tickets?

Lame...everybody has their price...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 24, 2015 15:08

Honestly I don't know where's the thrill in the whole rock'n roll genre in 2015...

In a band like "Royal Blood" maybe but I wonder if there is more hype than talent there.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 24, 2015 15:50

MingSubu

I'm not a millionaire, but I had some good fortune this year and I am now almost a millionaire. I can afford the tickets. I just don't like being ripped off, taken advantage of, and played for a sucker.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-24 17:09 by tatters.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 77

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1863
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home