Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 14
Re: OT: Any "Homeland" fans out there?
Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: November 11, 2014 19:35

SHOW IS A TRAINWRECK THIS SEASON.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 11, 2014 20:37

Sure, it's not for everyone, Mr Perks. Or as Mr David Nevins, president of Showtime, puts it: "In its fourth season, Homeland has brilliantly reinvented itself" and.... "It continues to capture the attention of a devoted fan base". The show's viewer figures rating has gone down with 24 percent though during the fourth season. However the show is already renewed for a fifth season.

Date: November 18, 2014 02:09

I guess the show has turned into some kind of geopolitical soap opera by now. Doesn't matter to me though since I've already swallowed the bait. Just watched episode 8. The thrill is still there.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: November 18, 2014 06:05

Mick in THE GUARDIAN:

"Someone asked me if I was thinking about '69 when I was on stage this summer [at Hyde Park]," he continues. "Listen, darling, if I was thinking about that, I'd really be losing it. If you ever start thinking about how pretty the sunset is, you get lost. You can never start wondering about what you'll watch on TV when you're back in the hotel… Homeland, or whatever. You need to pay attention. There are cables to trip over, it can be dark, people throw things. The stage can be a dangerous place to be…"

From [www.theguardian.com]

Date: November 25, 2014 08:08

Wow, what an episode (#9)! I'm flabbergasted!. Well, almost. Things are really adding up now. I hope Saul will get some R&R though - if he lives through this...

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 25, 2014 11:26

There's some personal dramas going on now but that makes it more interesting. In my opinion it's important to get to know the characters on a personal level, that way you understand what drives them. Anyhow, the latest episode had me on the edge of the chair like the last one's. Good stuff, plus you can apply some of it to reality. I see things like this at work. Thankfully not at this level though.winking smiley

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: November 25, 2014 14:53

Yes indeed, some edge of your seat drama the past 2 episodes. CIA and or gov't protocol would negate decision making snafews that take place to allow the show to fly at this level, but it makes for good theater. It's a pretty good show and I believe the acting is excellent. Hold onto your hats for the next installment. Much will be determined...

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: November 25, 2014 15:04

This has been a great year for cable TV shows! THE best seasons of Game Of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, Sons Of Anarchy, Hell On Wheels. Homeland started off a little slow this year is poised to have a excellent final episodes...bring it on!

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: November 25, 2014 19:45

"Hatufim"

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: December 10, 2014 01:14

Well, everything happend in episode 10. Almost too much... You can't complain about the action though... I hope Peter sets everything right in the next episode (which I'm sure he will...).

Date: December 10, 2014 07:26

Yes, great episode that kept me on the edge of my seat... again. This show is rocking! Would like to talk more about it but that might upset some people.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 10, 2014 08:50

Nope! Bonanza is still No.1.

2 1 2 0

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: December 10, 2014 20:34

Great episode - finally! Genuinely disturbing. Notice how the best parts of the show don't involve Crazy Eyes?

Date: December 10, 2014 20:53

(Spoiler alert!) It's a bit sad though that the writers ended the life of a very interesting character in spe. A bit unnecessary I think.

Date: December 10, 2014 21:26

Someone had to go and that person was the most expendable with 2 episodes left in this generally ridiculous season. At least Carrie's baby is still alive. Or is it?!

Posted by: AussieMark ()
Date: December 10, 2014 23:32

So, even after the Marines leave the embassy compound en-masse, there isn't an armoury on site for Quinn and the only remaining Marine to grab something better than their sidearms before venturing into the tunnel system?

Date: December 11, 2014 01:15

AussieMark
So, even after the Marines leave the embassy compound en-masse, there isn't an armoury on site for Quinn and the only remaining Marine to grab something better than their sidearms before venturing into the tunnel system?

To much critical thinking will only spoil the show, Mark. Think of it as entertainment not necessarily a documentary. At least it's more realistic than Batman...

Date: December 11, 2014 02:06

I didnt know how they were going to keep going with story after last season, but I think this season is great. Nervy.
Plus I dont have to hear that weird breathing sound by Brody anymore.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: December 11, 2014 02:13

Train-wreck? This season is very, very good.

Date: December 11, 2014 02:16

AussieMark

Good point. But the script was written by chimpanzees (who ripped off the cop-diversion scheme from Die Hard 3), and the American Embassy is run like Dunder-Mifflin.

Date: December 15, 2014 21:19

Oh hell... what an ending of the latest episode. Kind of boring up to then but they made up for it. One more episode to go. Hope the cliff hanger isn't too much to wait for next season.

Date: December 15, 2014 21:50

That's a lot of loose threads that need to be straightened out in one final episode. Especially when they reveal who was sitting in the front seat - Haqqani's new child bride: Brody's pouty daughter.

Date: December 16, 2014 05:40

deadegad
Train-wreck? This season is very, very good.
IT HAS IMPROVED.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: December 16, 2014 10:17

Loving the latest episodes.

Far fetched at times, but this is a lot better than the last lot.

Date: December 17, 2014 02:04

To paraphrase former President George W Bush: Seems like the left hand doesn't know what the right one is doing here. I hope they get the SOB in the last episode though...

Date: December 23, 2014 12:56

So, season four ended almost in an anti-climax. Quinn got his kiss though, finally. Looking forward to season five anyway. I think this series will stay for a while.
The theme for the series is, unfortunatelly, a relevant one. Which makes it interesting to watch. And there is some good acting too.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 23, 2014 14:20

Date: December 23, 2014 15:00

I'm left wondering what the hell. They were doing so well then the last episode went limp. Guess it could be said they didn't leave us on a nail biting cliff hanger. Anyhow I'm sure next season will have plenty of twists and turns. Very good show in my opinion.

Date: December 23, 2014 17:41

WORST EPISODE OF ALL 4 SEASONS, HORRENDOUSLY BORING.

Date: February 17, 2015 09:44

Apparently SVT (Swedish public service tv) will show "True Detective" starting this month. It looks promising to me.
I know it has already been shown on HBO so I'm wondering if someone would recommend it. Is it worth a watch? Something to do in wait of season 5 of Homeland...

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1779
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home