Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The Mark Butler experience
Posted by: Grison ()
Date: November 26, 2012 22:37

I know I know most of you don't wanna hear it and most of you think that only rich banksters did the VIP thing. I am sorry, but I must disappoint you from the botton of my toes to the toncils of my brain.
Most of the people like us are just normal fellows who either didn't have the chance to wait or/and wanted to be sure to be on the front rows etc.
I met people from France which we met first in 2003 in Stockholm, people from Edmonton, Canada around the globe who just wanted to be sure to have a good seat and spend the money they saved for that. Some skipped they holidays others skipped other plans. OK you may say it was middle class upwards or whatever. Are those people lesser fans???
Ok we had a really special ballroom on ourselves with very good food and for many much to much booze.
The show, I mean that thing in the middle for which we all came for, was as great and glorious as for the ones without the VIP thing. We missed more or less the afterparty and waited instead for about 1,5 hours to crab a taxi.
All in all it was well organized like the Fan Asylum thing years ago.
Despite the fact that it was a whole lot of money to save first and spend it was, at least for us two, worth every penny.
As I do not have any "special connection" like many others may have to still get PIT or front rows, this is the only chance. And it was for sure better than the fake tickets which also circulated.

On with the show on Thursday, this time without VIP, but therefore in the Pit.

Re: The Mark Butler experience
Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: November 26, 2012 22:40

crab a taxi.

Was it a slow one?

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 26, 2012 22:40

"but I must disappoint you from the botton of my toes to the toncils of my brain".

heh heh - that made me giggle. It appears that English is not your birth language, but since you are trying so hard, I wanted to give you some friendly advice. Toncils are in the back of your throat, they are not anywhere near your brain.

Date: November 26, 2012 22:41

GravityBoy
crab a taxi.

Was it a slow one?
No the queue was about as long as we could have swam to our hotel. However the water is a bit cold for this time of the year. winking smiley

Date: November 26, 2012 22:42

CindyC
"but I must disappoint you from the botton of my toes to the toncils of my brain".

heh heh - that made me giggle. It appears that English is not your birth language, but since you are trying so hard, I wanted to give you some friendly advice. Toncils are in the back of your throat, they are not anywhere near your brain.
I know I know that toncils are the ones which are soar since last night. Was i a very bad joke ? smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: November 26, 2012 22:44

I thought only men had tonsils... down by the dangley thing...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-26 22:45 by GravityBoy.

Date: November 26, 2012 22:47

Grison
I know I know that toncils are the ones which are soar since last night. Was i a very bad joke ? smiling bouncing smiley

It sounded like you were trying to use an expression that doesn't exist. Some of those when taken literally word for word, translate very funny. That's all.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: November 27, 2012 00:29

Grison
I know I know most of you don't wanna hear it and most of you think that only rich banksters did the VIP thing. I am sorry, but I must disappoint you from the botton of my toes to the toncils of my brain.
Most of the people like us are just normal fellows who either didn't have the chance to wait or/and wanted to be sure to be on the front rows etc.
I met people from France which we met first in 2003 in Stockholm, people from Edmonton, Canada around the globe who just wanted to be sure to have a good seat and spend the money they saved for that. Some skipped they holidays others skipped other plans. OK you may say it was middle class upwards or whatever. Are those people lesser fans???
Ok we had a really special ballroom on ourselves with very good food and for many much to much booze.
The show, I mean that thing in the middle for which we all came for, was as great and glorious as for the ones without the VIP thing. We missed more or less the afterparty and waited instead for about 1,5 hours to crab a taxi.
All in all it was well organized like the Fan Asylum thing years ago.
Despite the fact that it was a whole lot of money to save first and spend it was, at least for us two, worth every penny.
As I do not have any "special connection" like many others may have to still get PIT or front rows, this is the only chance. And it was for sure better than the fake tickets which also circulated.

On with the show on Thursday, this time without VIP, but therefore in the Pit.

Respect dude.

I went up yesterday, no ticket, just thought I'd take a punt from a tout.

Security is TIGHT around the o2, the security were hassling a few people outside, anyone touting tickets were being dealt with pretty efficiently.

But managed to get hold of a guy who was operating from the cafe nearby, went in there, got a bit heated but ended up with a ticket. £400 was my limit n ended up paying £300

Luckily Stones were late going on so just got in as the fan video was starting.

Anyhoo, I'm going Thursday to the Mark Butler Experience, Just cus I could. then heading in the car to Wales for the Hard Rock Hell Festival.

I hear there's a dress code, smart casual. I might not make it past the door

\m/

\m/

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-27 00:42 by Monkeytonkman.

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: November 27, 2012 00:41

CindyC

At least she/he speaks a foreign language.I don't know where she/he is from, but could you just give me a rate of English and North American people doing so, compared to other European countries?

Date: November 27, 2012 00:57

Kirk
At least she/he speaks a foreign language.I don't know where she/he is from, but could you just give me a rate of English and North American people doing so, compared to other European countries?

No need to get all pissy - i was just trying to help him out. If I was speaking French and got a phrase completely wrong, I would hope someone would correct me. Especially if it was not just a little error but a complete misuse of the word.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: November 27, 2012 02:47

Good for you, Grison. It certainly sounds like you had a great time.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 27, 2012 03:31

Thanks for the report, I for one might have gone for it too on the Monday (or was it a Tuesday?) but they only sold pairs and then I got lucky with the FB pre-sale so I was in the pit. There was a gent just next to me who'd been to the VIP dinner to and at one point I thought it might be you so I asked if he posted in forums but he said he only did very occasionally.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: November 27, 2012 09:15

CindyC
Kirk

No need to get all pissy - i was just trying to help him out. If I was speaking French and got a phrase completely wrong, I would hope someone would correct me. Especially if it was not just a little error but a complete misuse of the word.
Hi both of you
Kirk you are quite right. On the other hand I think CincyC did write and correct me thanks you. She or he did not know that I was trying to make a joke and that I do know that toncils are in the throat and get thick and soar sometimes (just like now)
Anyway I am from Switzerland and live way up in the countryside/Alps
www.flims.com or www.laax.com .

Gotablouse: good for you. They sold singles later on, but only very rarely.

Date: November 27, 2012 10:20

According to a guy at the Trabendo they did if you called them up but that was maybe after a while. One thing they should have offered as part of the VIP package is a shuttle back to London because it looked like a huge mess...fortunately I was staying in Greenwich so a bus ride and a bit of walking did the trick.

So how did you get your pit ticket for Thursday? I'm still on the fence to go back and try to get a taste of the pit again...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: November 27, 2012 10:43

gotdablouse
So how did you get your pit ticket for Thursday? I'm still on the fence to go back and try to get a taste of the pit again...
I know I know, I was one of those guys who couldn't resist to pay quite a lot of big bucks. I wanted to have a ticket for sure. But it was much lower than anything offered by agencies on the internet.

Date: November 27, 2012 10:50

Ah ok, but I thought you said you had no VIP access on Thursday or did I misread?

At what time were you allowed in the pit on Sunday? The gent next to me (Kenbrown ?) said they could have arrived earlier but were in no rush.

--------------

Date: November 27, 2012 11:32

gotdablouse
Ah ok, but I thought you said you had no VIP access on Thursday or did I misread?

At what time were you allowed in the pit on Sunday? The gent next to me (Kenbrown ?) said they could have arrived earlier but were in no rush.
This is correct; I am going like all others to NO VIP on Thursday. On Sundays there was an announcement around 6.30 pm that ticketholders with Pit can now go to the front as well as the A1-3 as we had. The people took it very leisurely, no rush, first emptying the drink or even the bottle. I mean all was very relaxed. So I assume there were only a few people really going upfront out of the VIP party.

Date: November 27, 2012 11:38

Since we are talking about expressions - " take a punt from a tout"? That sounds fabulous; but what does it mean? (I want to use it in some lyrics.)

Date: November 27, 2012 11:39

Thanks, 6.30 (maybe a little bit later) was the time they started letting people in at the main doors so VIP package people would have arrived first if they'd wanted to.

Not that it really matters but why did you not go for the pit tickets on Sunday too since the VIP packages initially looked like the only way to get them. Did you get your Thursday tix through a secondary site? That's what I'll have to do if I decide to go back...

--------------

Date: November 27, 2012 11:48

gotdablouse
Not that it really matters but why did you not go for the pit tickets on Sunday too since the VIP packages initially looked like the only way to get them. Did you get your Thursday tix through a secondary site? That's what I'll have to do if I decide to go back...
Actually I was not sure what to do....eye rolling smiley The time I was phoning them there were still all options available. Then my wife also wanted to go to the 2nd concert, so I had to get going and try the ebay etc for the 2nd show. This is why we fly back and forth from Switzerland. At the end it's cheaper than the hotel. But it's a drag working today and tomorrow and hopping on the plane tomorrow night. Actually I am always trying to see the shows from a different angle.

Date: November 27, 2012 11:54

Yeah...but you've got something to look forward too ;-) I had to come back for work but the Tavelodge in Greenwich was only £30 when I booked it in early October so it would have been cheaper to stay three nights than get back on the Eurostar. If I go back I'll probably "camp it out at St Pancras !

--------------

Date: November 27, 2012 13:52

I have also photos in the Photobucket thing
[s1337.beta.photobucket.com]

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: November 27, 2012 14:02

gotdablouse
Thanks, 6.30 (maybe a little bit later) was the time they started letting people in at the main doors so VIP package people would have arrived first if they'd wanted to.

I think there were no VIP inside the PIT when I arrived. I doubt that they were let in earlier. I would rather say they were let in later. Or the were too drank and full of food that they could not run to the PIT.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: November 27, 2012 14:03

actually the only only queue I saw about two hours before the concert started was the one for the Mark Butler experience VIP packages.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-27 14:57 by Stoneswolf.

Date: November 27, 2012 14:11

Hehe...well I checked the time on my first pic when entering the arena [plus.google.com] and it was 6.45pm and I was maybe #20 in there. Let's continue the pit discussion in the pit topic ;-)

@grison - thanks for the pics!

--------------

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 27, 2012 15:38

Grison
gotdablouse

This is correct; I am going like all others to NO VIP on Thursday. On Sundays there was an announcement around 6.30 pm that ticketholders with Pit can now go to the front as well as the A1-3 as we had. The people took it very leisurely, no rush, first emptying the drink or even the bottle. I mean all was very relaxed. So I assume there were only a few people really going upfront out of the VIP party.

I have never understood this. I did the fan asylum package a couple times and I made damn sure that if I was going to pay for a VIP package, I was going to be in the front row. I would fight off my fellow VIP package members - hell, I'll never see them again.

Date: November 27, 2012 15:48

drbryant

I have never understood this. I did the fan asylum package a couple times and I made damn sure that if I was going to pay for a VIP package, I was going to be in the front row. I would fight off my fellow VIP package members - hell, I'll never see them again.
Well that is you but not the others, so you be happy and lucky that the others don't want front row. smileys with beer
I did the Fan Asylum also, but with seats and we had much better seats then a lot of the people at the front row looking at the rail and way up the attick...
It's all depending how you see things. 1982 i was all front row in all German, Swiss, London shows, but now I enjoy also a few feet back.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 27, 2012 15:54

Grison
drbryant

Well that is you but not the others, so you be happy and lucky that the others don't want front row. smileys with beer
I did the Fan Asylum also, but with seats and we had much better seats then a lot of the people at the front row looking at the rail and way up the attick...
It's all depending how you see things. 1982 i was all front row in all German, Swiss, London shows, but now I enjoy also a few feet back.

Sorry didn't mean to sound like I was criticizing. No question, sometimes it is better to be a bit further back. I remember the bigger bang stage - in stadiums where the stage is HIGH - with that curved front center part of the stage that stuck out, if you're too close, you couldn't see Charly.

Date: December 1, 2012 16:28

By the way, what was the present as part of the package ? It was either a program or some merchandise ?

--------------

Posted by: Garbie ()
Date: December 1, 2012 16:53

I was also there with VIP package on the 25th. The present was the GRRR book...so I have 2...

I hace to say it was really well organized. I was initially afraid of just paying to secure a good ticket and having nothing really good apart from that, but I really think it was good. A nice dinner with lotssss of wine where we meet a nice couple from Germany, very good tickets, a party after the concert with good food and better drinks...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1582
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home