Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Stones To Be On "Today" Show - Interview W/ Matt Lauer Thursday
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 16, 2012 00:09

Thank you, Stonesnow.

Rockeee.....you're just trying to get me in trouble again, which ain't hard to do. winking smiley

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: November 16, 2012 00:09

latebloomer
stonesnow
latebloomer
StonesTod, did you forget to take your meds this morning? Don't know what you saw there at the gym, but it was a very friendly interview.

The only thing that strikes me as odd, is Keith and his nose. I've started to notice that in a lot of his interviews, he rubs his nose. I wonder if it's a nervous habit, or the poor guy maybe has allergies.

When he doesn't have a cigarette in an interview, something to do with his hands, he always does that, or scratches the side of the neck just beneath the ear. He does it at regular intervals when the nicotine craving starts. "Time to take a drag--uh, no, I'll just scratch my nose" for about the length of time it takes to inhale and exhale a puff of smoke. Or take a drink. See if he does the nose-scratching bit in those interviews when he is smoking a cigarette and/or drinking. You've only noticed this tic recently because it's only recently that he's been doing sober, smoke-free interviews. I first noticed this tic at the Somerset House interview July 12.

It does appear to be a tic, or nervous habit. In the Lauer interview, I noticed Keith starts to bring his scarf up to rub his nose, then thinks about it, and drops it into his lap. He looked so vulnerable at that moment, I felt for him.

I don't think he looks vulnerable at all. Stronger. Best in years. Practically no alcohol and rehearsals are good for him. He does have something with Ronnie though. RW went indoor skiing again and KR is angry with that? In any case Mick is closer to Keith as in years.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 16, 2012 00:12

Rockeee.....you're just trying to get me in trouble again, which ain't hard to do

.............. don't follow me.... ya too cute ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 16, 2012 00:19

Rockman
....can't see any dislike for each other ....more like slingin' a bit of shit at 'emselves ....typical Pommie humour

Mmmhmmm!! Well said, matey.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 16, 2012 00:25

Mmmhmmm!! Well said, matey..... glad ya got it angee ... your a switched on shiela

ROCKMAN

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 16, 2012 00:36

Rockman
Rockeee.....you're just trying to get me in trouble again, which ain't hard to do

.............. don't follow me.... ya too cute ....

LOL...while I am a sucker for a guy who makes me laugh, I know better than to follow them rascals. I'll settle for maybe sharing a drink someday, I promise to behave.

Hope to get a chance to meet many IORRIANS in NYC next month. drinking smiley

Posted by: hypnohighball ()
Date: November 16, 2012 00:43

The interview wasn't live, it was taped earlier at some point. In Matt's intro before the interview segment, he said "we TALKED to the Rolling Stones....".

No way they would all be there that early for a 5 minute interview, plus they had to edit and insert the various live footage bits....could have been a couple days or a week ago, actually.

Still, I liked it and wished it was much longer.

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: November 16, 2012 00:50

angee
I thought the interview was quite friendly too.
The only slight tension was when Matt asked Ronnie about his sobriety and Keith and Keith interrupted a bit.
I thought Ronnie was going to say Keith had cut down or some such, but just said Keith was still his friend.

Mick laughed together with Keith after one of Keith's remarks, looking directly at him, which was great. At times, Mick seemed to lean slightly away from the rest of the group.

Great to see and hear them all together!
I just didn't like that Matt L. brought up the interview with Ronnie about sobriety and hanging around Keith. I dunno - I mean what was he driving at? This wasn't exactly the forum for some hard-hitting Stones revelation or a searing Q & A. The boys were great, though. I loved Mick's comment about Neanderthals being good hunters. thumbs up smoking smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 16, 2012 01:18

This is the "Today" thread but most of it is about all other things including politics. Give me a break please. Or didn't you think I would be around here?

Thanks!

Bjornulf

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: November 16, 2012 02:20

Hopefully the video will be posted soon. I missed it this morning.

Date: November 16, 2012 02:34

Not so much dislike, but they are uneasy. Maybe they're just out of practice; doing these interviews together. This camraderie that they feel they should convey.
I was thinking how much better I like them in single interviews. The jokes between Keith and Ron sound forced.
And I hate to say it but Charlie is starting to be a drag.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: November 16, 2012 02:49

matt lauer again demonstrates that missing the point of things is how to get hired @ nbc.

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: November 16, 2012 03:45

So sorry if it was posted here earlier

Matt (To the all band)-Raise you hand if you have been arrested!
Keith- How many times?!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-16 03:47 by Riffbuk.

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: November 16, 2012 03:54

Thank you for posting the video!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 16, 2012 04:04

Quite funny interview in parts.

Mick's memory letting him down again - he claims Ronnie has never been arrested?

He (and Jo) spent about five days in jail after a Caribbean drug bust in early 1980!

Looked like Ronnie went to correct him and then though 'f**k it!'

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 16, 2012 05:03

Not to mention that little warning when the police were called while he was choking
E-Kat outside his abode. I swore I heard Matt say "in the street"...after he asked the question.

Yes, Gazza, very funny in parts. I think they've usually been a bit awkward when
interviewed all together and this seemed no more so, imo.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: November 16, 2012 06:09

latebloomer
In the Lauer interview, I noticed Keith starts to bring his scarf up to rub his nose, then thinks about it, and drops it into his lap. He looked so vulnerable at that moment, I felt for him.

Why? Were you suddenly concerned that Matt Lauer would attack Keith? Keith would inventively smash Lauer into Charlie's drum set without going out of key. There's nothing to worry about.

Date: November 16, 2012 06:11

angee
I thought the interview was quite friendly too.
The only slight tension was when Matt asked Ronnie about his sobriety and Keith and Keith interrupted a bit.
I thought Ronnie was going to say Keith had cut down or some such, but just said Keith was still his friend.

Mick laughed together with Keith after one of Keith's remarks, looking directly at him, which was great. At times, Mick seemed to lean slightly away from the rest of the group.

Great to see and hear them all together!

He had the biggest gap/space among them chair wise.

Date: November 16, 2012 06:14

Gazza
Quite funny interview in parts.

Mick's memory letting him down again - he claims Ronnie has never been arrested?

He (and Jo) spent about five days in jail after a Caribbean drug bust in early 1980!

Looked like Ronnie went to correct him and then though 'f**k it!'

Yeah, Ronnie clearly was going to correct that but somehow, well, there was some rambling in the way.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: November 16, 2012 07:10

Poor Charlie. He just hates these press obligations.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 17, 2012 00:00

Thanks for posting the interview! We enjoyed it. They all look great actually!

I also noticed Micks body language as he was leaning away from Keith during most of the interview. Mick was quick to point out that Charlie and Ronnie had never been arrested, would have loved to hear what Ronnie had to say about that but he smartly kept his mouth shut and deferred to Sir Mick. No doubt who wears the pants in that band. lol. Nice interview but way too short.

I wonder if one of the network crew had a bet with Matt...something like "I'll give you $20 for every word you can get out of Charlie." That has to be a challenge to anyone interviewing them, someday he's gotta pipe up and EVERYONE will be listening. How lond have we been waiting for that one? peace

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 17, 2012 01:42

jazzbass
Poor Charlie. He just hates these press obligations.

thumbs up cool smiley

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: redsock ()
Date: November 17, 2012 02:18

Wow. Charlie wouldn't shut up!!!

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: November 17, 2012 02:44

I thought Matt always does a good job, he is a fan which is good

Posted by: TippyToe ()
Date: November 17, 2012 04:08

Keith should stick with that look and ditch the silly ass head scarves. Or head bands, whatever you call them.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 17, 2012 11:18

black n blue
I thought Matt always does a good job, he is a fan which is good

I agree, it seems as if he has an ability to get to get the best out of them, which definitely isn't the case with some people that interview them

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: November 17, 2012 19:52

No last tour comment from the idiot interviewers, At least Matt respect them and probably enjoys their tunes.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 17, 2012 20:18

Good stuff, I see zero problem between Ronnie and Keith and Mick no longer seems embarassed by Keith each time he talks, they actually shared that "Before they make me run" joke which I didn't quite get.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: November 17, 2012 20:27

StonesTod
i caught some of it by accident whilst at the gym. pretty worn out stuff. purty clear ron and keef no like each other no more. looks like nobody likes nobody. but they'll take the money anyway.

That is your opinion but I disagree. They have been together/friends for years. When your friends that long you are gonna step on each others toes from time to time. My hats off to Charlie. He seems to have learned to take a few steps back and watch the circus and not let it effect him or his relationship with the others. But just like you, that's just my opinion.

Scotty

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 17, 2012 21:34

[email protected]
StonesTod
i caught some of it by accident whilst at the gym. pretty worn out stuff. purty clear ron and keef no like each other no more. looks like nobody likes nobody. but they'll take the money anyway.

That is your opinion but I disagree. They have been together/friends for years. When your friends that long you are gonna step on each others toes from time to time. My hats off to Charlie. He seems to have learned to take a few steps back and watch the circus and not let it effect him or his relationship with the others. But just like you, that's just my opinion.

Scotty

how do you know this is my opinion? i could have stolen it from someone else. i like stealing stuff.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1402
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home