Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 12
Re: MOGADOR informations
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 30, 2012 00:36

Quote from one of the bankers inside upon hearing about
fans feeling unhappy about not being able to see this show.

"Eh bien, ils ont toujours leur gâteau à manger"

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 30, 2012 00:36

What cake ?

@fylou4 - What a shame...I guess they didn't want to risk letting the riff raff in...

Oh I would have liked to have All Down the Line at the Trabendo, YCAGWYW too !

Well it's a good thing they played that Trabendo show isn't it if not they would have been slaughtered in the press!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-30 00:39 by gotdablouse.

Date: October 30, 2012 00:37

Let's hope we have a review from our man on the inside!

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: October 30, 2012 00:40

bv
They do this one time per tour. It is standard procedure. Some company with lots of cash pay them a lot to perform at a secret show. The income goes into the tour budget, so that the ticet prices are a little bit cheaper for the rest of the tour. They did these paid for private shows: Hawaii Pepsi, Deutche Bank Barcelona, The Joint Bonderman show and now Paris. Going price for such a show is probably around 10 million US dollars so we might just save up for the next tour...

Not correct. This is not 'standard procedure.'
It's not standard procedure to play for a company like this; it's a very special procedure because they rarely do it.
It's not standard procedure to use the money from these shows for making lower ticket prices possible; totally bs.
Who told you that?
There is just one standard procedure here: the money goes practically straight to their bank account. Not that I mind by the way. I would say well done to let those uber rich guys pay you a lot of money for just playing some songs.
But don't let bv tell us a totally different story about it that has a certain smell ...Are you hired as a pr guy now??

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 30, 2012 00:42

A - I walked by the theater around 11:30 this morning and I Saw ONE fan : a 20-sth blonde male fan with glasses. He was obviously all pumped-up for the show... (me I couldn't care less). Sad to see that he (most probably) didn't get in. C'est la vie/merde!

B - re this picture [pbs.twimg.com] my oh my the spot where the beautiful people are standing is exactly where a 60-sth prostitute "works" every day of the week.

Whore in the daylight, whores at night waiting to get in plus the four ones onstage... What a mighty coincidence right? smoking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-30 00:46 by dcba.

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: October 30, 2012 00:52

Max'sKansasCity
Kind of like if a Stones shows happen in the woods Paris and no real fans are there to see/hear it... did it really happen?

Don't worry, this is how it will go down...

1) Verbal reports that Keith was great
2) Short video that indicates he was anything but.
3) Shill-ish types yelling at us not to believe our own eyes.

This has been the pattern since the Apollo and I fully expect it to last up
until and probably right thru the pay-per-view. In fact I would go so far as to
say that the Keith sucks/doesn't suck debate will be with us for the rest of their
career. Its the the new version of Taylor/Wood I'm afraid.

And its not just the hardcore. If you look at the comments for the one-minute
JJF on youtube, its there too. Its everywhere.

And how long can the Stones last with at least half the people who love them
thinking that Keith, in order to preserve what's left of their legacy, should
give it the fcuk up already?

We shall see.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-30 00:53 by superrevvy.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 30, 2012 00:54

From the base of set list, the band behaved like good boys, and gave people what they wanted, a 'greatest hits' set. Well done, even I guess there might be some bankers complaining that they didn't play that song with that fine guitar riff, "Satisfaction" or how it is called..

"It's Only Rock'n'Roll", but I am not exactly so sure at the moment that I like it....

- Doxa

Date: October 30, 2012 00:55

Those who forget history, are doomed to repeat it.

Date: October 30, 2012 00:55

superrevvy
Max'sKansasCity
Kind of like if a Stones shows happen in the woods Paris and no real fans are there to see/hear it... did it really happen?

say that the Keith sucks/doesn't suck debate will be with us for the rest of their

We shall see.

You forgot people shouting here KEITH IS GOD.

Date: October 30, 2012 00:57

superrevvy
Max'sKansasCity

We shall see.

Are you planning to attend any concerts to form your own opinion or are you only interested in internet jousts ? I must have said it ten times before but Keith was 4 meters away from me the other days, sometimes less and he certainly didn't embarrass himself or the band at the Trebando, and the fans were overjoyed, looks like it's a good deal for all involved, no?

So have anyone compared the setlists ? I haven't bothered yet ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-30 00:58 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: HerMajestyBrenda ()
Date: October 30, 2012 01:10

gotdablouse
What cake ?

@fylou4 - What a shame...I guess they didn't want to risk letting the riff raff in...

Oh I would have liked to have All Down the Line at the Trabendo, YCAGWYW too !

Well it's a good thing they played that Trabendo show isn't it if not they would have been slaughtered in the press!

Ce n'est pas du gâteau, c'est de la brioche.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-30 01:11 by HerMajestyBrenda.

Date: October 30, 2012 01:12

Ah ok, so since this probably was lost on nearly everyone here, I suppose the reference is to Louis XVI's wife Marie-Antoinette saying that the starving population should eat brioche if they didn't have any bread...someone should have clocked that guest if it's true.

Date: October 30, 2012 01:17

Fact...

Good to see they are not stupid.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-30 01:21 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 30, 2012 01:17

albop
Setlist :

It's only Rock N Roll
All Down The Line
You Got Me Rocking
Tumbling Dice
Miss You
You Cant Always Get What You Want
Doom And Gloom
Midnight Rambler
Start Me Up
Honky Tonk Woman
Jumping Jack Flash
Brown Sugar

That's one million dollars per song (and two thrown in for free as an encore).

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: October 30, 2012 01:18

Rsylvain
En attendant devant, j'ai vu Denisot, Arthur, Lemercier aussi... il devait y en avoir d'autres

Si Lemercier était là , elle les aura peut être fait rire et évité de se faire chier, paske je voudrai pas dire mais quand on voit la photo des mecs qui attendent,
avant même que ça commence on sent le gros plaisir qu'ils ont d'aller à cette soirée.

If Lemercier ( a french actress-humorist) was there at least I hope she has made Arthur and Denisot laugh (two very un-rock'n'roll french TV guys), cos' when one look at the pic of the queue, we can feel how great
is the excitement of the dudes !!!

HMN

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 30, 2012 01:21

"on sent le gros plaisir qu'ils ont d'aller à cette soirée"

JALOUX! You're jealous >grinning smiley<

And 10 Mil for ONE hour of work... qui dit mieux? Take that Bono!

Date: October 30, 2012 01:28

10 millions doesn't "sound about right" even by Keith's "prism", articles in the press today said that the amount was rumored to be €1 million, still not too shabby...and it pays for the rehearsals since Ronnie said that's what they cost them, actually what they'd cost them so far (when the RS article was written).

Posted by: Denny ()
Date: October 30, 2012 01:29

Looking on the bright side, that is the most predictable and boring Stones set-list of all time, so no-one missed out on much! At least they were good enough to play a slightly more varied set of songs for some of their proper fans last week...

Date: October 30, 2012 01:41

gotdablouse
superrevvy
Max'sKansasCity

We shall see.

Are you planning to attend any concerts to form your own opinion or are you only interested in internet jousts ? I must have said it ten times before but Keith was 4 meters away from me the other days, sometimes less and he certainly didn't embarrass himself or the band at the Trebando, and the fans were overjoyed, looks like it's a good deal for all involved, no?

I don't know about superrevvy but I saw about 13% of the gig and that was enough for me to say what I had to say about it.
I don't mind that you saw the first (12 song warm up) show since 5 years and think it's great...
And of course there are plenty of fans who would be 'overjoyed' and think 'it's a good deal for all involved.'
But tell me: how do you know Keith 'certainly didn't embarrass himself.'?
In any case: he did embarrass me. Again.
And I really do hope he will do better in the near future, don't get me wrong.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 30, 2012 01:47

gotdablouse
10 millions doesn't "sound about right" even by Keith's "prism", articles in the press today said that the amount was rumored to be €1 million, still not too shabby...and it pays for the rehearsals since Ronnie said that's what they cost them, actually what they'd cost them so far (when the RS article was written).

The Stones wouldnt do these kind of shows for €1 million.

Their going rate for a private show is closer to €5 million. Thats roughly the average gross for a show on the last tour.

Date: October 30, 2012 01:50

Dreamer
gotdablouse
superrevvy
Max'sKansasCity

We shall see.

I don't know about superrevvy but I saw about 13% of the gig and that was enough for me to say what I had to say about it.
I don't mind that you saw the first (12 song warm up) show since 5 years and think it's great...
And of course there are plenty of fans who would be 'overjoyed' and think 'it's a good deal for all involved.'
But tell me: how do you know Keith 'certainly didn't embarrass himself.'?
In any case: he did embarrass me. Again.
And I really do hope he will do better in the near future, don't get me wrong.

Seriously ? Ok, let's see, how does a guitar player embarrass himself on stage? I'll let you think about it a bit, then you give us your list and we'll try to check the boxes. Since you feel so strongly about this topic, I recommend you start a new topic called "Keith embarrassed himself on stage at the Trabendo" to get maximum attention and feedback from those who were there. Let's keep this one for, hopefully, some feedback from the Mogador show, thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-30 01:56 by gotdablouse.

Date: October 30, 2012 01:52

Gazza
gotdablouse

Their going rate for a private show is closer to €5 million. Thats roughly the average gross for a show on the last tour.

I wonder why would they even do regular shows anymore...
Why not just do private shows from now on.. For sheiks and bankers and rich kids

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 30, 2012 01:54

Please do not blame me for any policies the Stones might be doing. I am just the messenger. They do this one time per tour. Fact. And it is part of the tour budget. Fact. For the past 20 years or so. If you don't like it then talk to Mick about it and not me. I am in nobodys pockets. Most people would know that by now.

Bjornulf

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: October 30, 2012 01:54

Dreamer
bv
They do this one time per tour. It is standard procedure. Some company with lots of cash pay them a lot to perform at a secret show. The income goes into the tour budget, so that the ticet prices are a little bit cheaper for the rest of the tour. They did these paid for private shows: Hawaii Pepsi, Deutche Bank Barcelona, The Joint Bonderman show and now Paris. Going price for such a show is probably around 10 million US dollars so we might just save up for the next tour...

Not correct. This is not 'standard procedure.'
It's not standard procedure to play for a company like this; it's a very special procedure because they rarely do it.
It's not standard procedure to use the money from these shows for making lower ticket prices possible; totally bs.
Who told you that?

There is just one standard procedure here: the money goes practically straight to their bank account. Not that I mind by the way. I would say well done to let those uber rich guys pay you a lot of money for just playing some songs.
But don't let bv tell us a totally different story about it that has a certain smell ...Are you hired as a pr guy now??

Totally agree with you Dreamer,bullshit that these money will go to make tickets cheaper...>grinning smiley<

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: October 30, 2012 01:59

Max'sKansasCity
Gazza
gotdablouse

Why not just do private shows from now on.. For sheiks and bankers and rich kids

If theyre getting paid the same gross for a private show as they are for a stadium, there's a far higher profit margin as there's considerably less overheads. And at private shows theyre usually only contracted to play for 90 minutes at the most, with lower expectations re: setlist choices etc.

Personally, I've no doubt that if they had the opportunity to do a tour which was exclusively or almost exclusively 'easy money' gigs like this, they probably would take it.

Posted by: titzou ()
Date: October 30, 2012 01:59

I already had a feedback on Twitter. Some reality-show female producer said how charming MICK JAEGER was tonight and what a privilege it was to see him. I replied that she didn't have yet the privilege to spell correctly Mick Jagger's name. Jaeger is a clothing manufacturer specialized in knitted clothes for seasoned ladies, lol !!!

Date: October 30, 2012 02:05

Gazza
Max'sKansasCity
Gazza
gotdablouse

If theyre getting paid the same gross for a private show as they are for a stadium, there's a far higher profit margin as there's considerably less overheads. And at private shows theyre usually only contracted to play for 90 minutes at the most, with lower expectations re: setlist choices etc.

Personally, I've no doubt that if they had the opportunity to do a tour which was exclusively or almost exclusively 'easy money' gigs like this, they probably would take it.

I wasnt, am not, being snotty.... They do have the opportunity to do it... What is stopping them? The world is full of billionaires who would happily pay them 5 million to play parties and barmitzvas and Sheiks Birthday parties and etc etc etc...

Why not go do it?

Date: October 30, 2012 02:08

bv
Please do not blame me for any policies the Stones might be doing. I am just the messenger. They do this one time per tour. Fact. And it is part of the tour budget. Fact. For the past 20 years or so. If you don't like it then talk to Mick about it and not me. I am in nobodys pockets. Most people would know that by now.

I don't blame you for policies the Stones might be doing.
I blame you for telling something that's not true.
Where is "it is part of the tour budget." this so called fact written? Who told you that? What make this 'a fact'? Talked to Mark?

Date: October 30, 2012 02:12

Gazza
Max'sKansasCity
Gazza
gotdablouse

They probably would not take it.
The rest I agree with.
grinning smiley

Date: October 30, 2012 02:14

Max'sKansasCity
Gazza
Max'sKansasCity
Gazza
gotdablouse

I wasnt, am not, being snotty.... They do have the opportunity to do it... What is stopping them? The world is full of billionaires who would happily pay them 5 million to play parties and barmitzvas and Sheiks Birthday parties and etc etc etc...

Why not go do it?

Maybe thats what we're looking at in the future.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1472
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home