Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Jagger in R&F : complete interview
Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: December 18, 2004 13:08

R&F : What about the 9th live album?
MJ : count them again(laughs)
R&F : what's the story this time?
MJ : the real one or the one i'm going to imagine now (LOL);Actually i wished to release a live albuw with obscured songs,rarely played but the record compagny wanted two cDs (1 with the big hits , a 2nd with the rarities). For me it was stupid but i finally agreed for 2 cheap CDs.
Then i hearded it and big surprise it's not that bad!!
If it was only me, i definitely didn't release it.
R&F : it's funny, you're MJ, the king of R&R, and your record compagny bothered you, amazing!
For the next tour, may i hope to hear some "never played" songs like Child of the moon?
MJ : Very smart, i'm going to write suggestions for Keith, i add this song, it's a good idea.We still haven't played Out of time live...
R&F : neither Stoned nor Who's driving your plane
MJ : correct, Emotional rescue neither...if we tour again...
R&F : What about Charlie?
MJ : he's fine, we'll play together next week.It's obvious you won't have the "scoop" of a new tour, i leave it to Ronnie for later (LOL).
The studio recording is goin' on, we got good stuff, i wrote with Keith and it's pretty good.
R&F : many young bands opened for the Stones, what's your opinion?
MJ : Gwen from No Doubt is a real "showgirl", she uses the whole stage and tries to communicate with our audience.The White Stripes just played and left without a single word.The Hives opened in Denmark and the singer could speak in danish, he talked a lot0.Green Day comes, plays and leaves.
R&F : what was the better thing during the last tour?
MJ : India.We played under the molson (hard rain), i found that very funny.
The clubs were tough because the heat and the obscured songs to play.We didn't have a "Titanic" show and some of them were great.
R&F : where do you want to play?
MJ : St Pierre & Miquelon (lol), Africa for a second experience.
R&F : I hearded of a movie about Brian.What do you think?
MJ : Nothing, they don't want to send me the story board, they are afraid...
The movie wants to prove that Brian was murdered, why not Jimi Hendrix?
If i remember well, the police concluded to an accident.
The movie will tell Brian was murdered exept everybody knows it is untrue.
R&F : what about your children and drugs?
MJ : OMG, we ain't gonna talk 'bout my children in Rock & Folk?
R&F : what about your longevity?
MJ : we were lucky, very lucky, talent is far less necessary, then you need ambition and, of course, a lot of work.
R&F : Will you read the Dylan's biography?
MJ : yes, what does he tell?
R&F : Dylan claims he sacrified his carreer in 1969 to cut his "prophet" icon.
MJ : Beg your pardor, it sounds silly.He never stopped working, recording and touring.
R&F : what about your own biography?
MJ : none
R&F : what are your plans for Xmas?
MJ : like you and your readers : open presents, drink, laugh, sing an old Xmas song...Happy new year to everyone.
R&F : thank you mister Jagger

Re: Mick Jagger in R&F : complete interview
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: December 18, 2004 13:59

Thanks. A great read and a nice find there man. What is R&F?

JumpingKentFlash

Date: December 18, 2004 14:03

Yeeeah. I know. I'm blind. After reading it the second time I saw that it was Rock & Folk.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 18, 2004 15:35

There was only little sentence that doesn't sound so good:..."if we tour"...

Posted by: animal ()
Date: December 18, 2004 16:16

i stumbed over that as well....
but dont worry, they will do somethn..

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: December 18, 2004 16:48

there is an interview of keith Richards too in Rock and Folk.
He talks about the new studio album..he says that they have written lots of songs with Mick in his castle in France (Pocé sur Cissé)...
But they're still working on them...He claims that the album will be recorded in a studio or in Mick's castle during winter 2005...then, it will come out in spring 2005 and then a TOUR, yes my friends, a TOUR in summer 2005..this is Keith speaking !!
about Charlie, he feels good and is sure that he will play with them in France in January 2005...according to Keith, Charlie asked him when the next tour will be...the guy is quite alive !

that's GOOD news isn't it ?!!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 18, 2004 17:55

HEY wahwahwoody, no fear, Mick's next reply goes this way, "MJ : he's fine, we'll play together next week.It's obvious you won't have the "scoop" of a new tour, i leave it to Ronnie for later." Typical Jagger, keeps us guessing, (LOL, Demon)

Date: December 18, 2004 18:17

JP: That's tottally awesome news man. Can't wait.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: john r ()
Date: December 18, 2004 18:42

Mick is such a politician in interviews (so's Keith), only more subtle - knows just how much to reveal & hold back, how to appear to reveal etc... Not that he's 'insincere', just that it's another part of his 'work' or performance..Not sure when the interview was conducted, as Don W says Charlie was at sessions already in the Billboard interview.Sounds encouraging.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: December 18, 2004 19:25

Mick on Live Licks - "Then I heard it..." etc - I wonder just what is stipulated in their contract, who wanted LL out (it bombed in the US as expected). Clearly they might have been able to put out a 'disc 2' (or No Security) type live album had they not a large $$$ per album (less for live ones). Virgin didn't promote it. Any thoughts or info??

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: December 29, 2006 11:57

Great interview.

Posted by: Tralala ()
Date: December 29, 2006 13:08

Seriously: That must be an onl interview... Jagger talks about playing in India. Thet was on the Licks tour!
And as a journalist I am truely disappointed with this interview. Here you are, with the most influential front man in the best rock, blues and country-band in the world, and start asking about his kids... And a lot of other stuff that reveals that this interview was conducted by a trainee. Where are the interresting questions? Where are the follow up questions? The reporter has stuck to his/her numbered questions, no matter hwat Jagger's answwers were. Very disappointing indeed. But thanks for posting it!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 29, 2006 13:10

Both interviews are from 2004

ROCKMAN

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 29, 2006 13:20

they were both posted in 2004 too.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: December 29, 2006 16:25

With Jagger more than with Keith the interviewer sounds young and impressionable

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: 68stonesconcerts ()
Date: December 30, 2006 05:07

ok

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1871
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home