Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Stonesarchive Presale... (and o2 priority presale)
Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: October 16, 2012 03:43

Now there are details about the Stonesarchive presale (https://www.stonesarchivestore.com/Subscribe.aspx) :

Join the Rolling Stones Archive and Bravado mailing list
On 17 October after 9am GST an email will go out to members of The Rolling Stones list that will announce access to purchase The Brussels Affair Box Premium Tickets Bundle to the 02 shows on November 25th & 29th before tickets go on sale to the general public on Friday, 19 October.

This offer will be available to people subscribed to The Rolling Stones email list before Tuesday, 16 October at 12pm EST and will only be available while supply lasts.

Subscribe below and don’t forget to check your email on Wednesday, 17 October!

A lot of additional pounds to be spend for the box set. Does not sound like a good deal.

added: there will also be a o2 priority presale tomorrow: [www.o2priority.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-16 18:09 by Stoneswolf.

Re: Stonesarchive Presale...
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 16, 2012 04:19

So the 'free' presale is only for access to a ticket package that costs £651???

Am I reading this right?

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: October 16, 2012 04:43

Gazza

Am I reading this right?

It's getting better all the time, right, Gazza?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 16, 2012 04:44

in any case, these brussels affair packages have been available on ticketmaster all day without any AMEX password! and who wants some ugly wristwatch for an extra £200 on top of an already crazy prize?!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 16, 2012 05:05

who wants some ugly wristwatch for an extra £200 on top of an already crazy prize?!

Exactly beast ... but then again if it was an ancient bronze sun-dial ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: October 16, 2012 06:53

Gazza

Am I reading this right?

At least the box set isn't signed.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: October 16, 2012 08:30

All this is so f*cked up..

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: October 16, 2012 08:46

Only 2 & 4 tickets?

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: October 16, 2012 09:36

cirrhosis
Gazza

Am I reading this right?

At least the box set isn't signed.

So it does not look so used when beeing reselled winking smiley

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 16, 2012 11:33

Rockman
who wants some ugly wristwatch for an extra £200 on top of an already crazy prize?!

Exactly beast ... but then again if it was an ancient bronze sun-dial ...

<<< if it was an ancient bronze sun-dial >>>

But it isn't though, is it ? It's just an ugly wristwatch not worth fourpence, let alone £200 !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: rockenrohl ()
Date: October 16, 2012 11:36

This is so crazy. Just tried ticketmaster - has anyone else seen that although it's £651 per ticket with the box set, there is only "1 box set per 2 tickets" at checkout?
Madness. That's $2100 for two rather mediocre tickets (mine would have been sector "BK", some back row) and one box set they couldn't sell because it was ridiculously overpriced from the beginning.
If this is the offer we'll get tomorrow, there's only Friday left for me (no Amex). And I don't think I'll be able to score decently priced tickets anyway. I'm just beginning to realize I probably won't be able to see them... no way under these conditions, with airtravel and hotel to add on top of everything. sad, sad, sad.

Turning round, turning round
I should have known it was a one horse town

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: October 16, 2012 11:37

All that is so disappointing, so f..ed up, so unbelievable embarrassing, starting with the ape thing, the Jagger solo tune without any soul, the amex presale, ticket prices, all the cheap marketing gags. They want to squeeze the last cents out of everybody. But what for?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-16 11:47 by micawber.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: October 16, 2012 11:41

rockenrohl
This is so crazy. Just tried ticketmaster - has anyone else seen that although it's £651 per ticket with the box set, there is only "1 box set per 2 tickets" at checkout?
Madness. That's $2100 for two rather mediocre tickets (mine would have been sector "BK", some back row) and one box set they couldn't sell because it was ridiculously overpriced from the beginning.
If this is the offer we'll get tomorrow, there's only Friday left for me (no Amex). And I don't think I'll be able to score decently priced tickets anyway. I'm just beginning to realize I probably won't be able to see them... no way under these conditions, with airtravel and hotel to add on top of everything. sad, sad, sad.

Mine is not mediocre, it's block A1 row E.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: October 16, 2012 11:45

Beast
in any case, these brussels affair packages have been available on ticketmaster all day

Indeed they have. So what's new on Wednesday?

Date: October 16, 2012 11:46

For $2100 - it is!

Posted by: rockenrohl ()
Date: October 16, 2012 11:47

JumpinJeppeFlash
rockenrohl

Mine is not mediocre, it's block A1 row E.

wow, yes, that's great seats. have fun - I don't think I will be there, unfortunately...

Turning round, turning round
I should have known it was a one horse town

Date: October 16, 2012 11:53

micawber
All that is so disappointing, so f..ed up, so unbelievable embarrassing, starting with the ape thing, the Jagger solo tune without any soul, the amex presale, ticket prices, all the cheap marketing gags. They want to press the last cents out of everybody. But what for?

What for ? Because in all probability, the Rolling Stones (I mean the individuals themselves) probably aren't that "interested" anymore, in-spite of all these protestations of "loving what they do". Ask yourself this .... exactly how "interested" have they looked or sounded since the conclusion of the ABB tour ? In short, they haven't looked or sounded particularly interested in the slightest. Yes they've dug stuff out of the vaults, and I'm not knocking that, it's been great. However, one could easily get the impression that for all intents and purposes, it is Universal and/or other corporate forces that are really driving everything we're seeing nowadays that is connected with "the 50th", I for one remain far from convinced that the individuals at the core of it all actually give a s**t anymore, to be quite blunt about it. I just don't think they're that "sentimental" about it all. So in that respect, I think they're very "hands off" about most of it, and the entire marketing effort is - by and large - mostly "off" their individual radars.

If only they knew ................... ?? !!

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: October 16, 2012 12:08

paulywaul
micawber
All that is so disappointing, so f..ed up, so unbelievable embarrassing, starting with the ape thing, the Jagger solo tune without any soul, the amex presale, ticket prices, all the cheap marketing gags. They want to press the last cents out of everybody. But what for?

What for ? Because in all probability, the Rolling Stones (I mean the individuals themselves) probably aren't that "interested" anymore, in-spite of all these protestations of "loving what they do". Ask yourself this .... exactly how "interested" have they looked or sounded since the conclusion of the ABB tour ? In short, they haven't looked or sounded particularly interested in the slightest. Yes they've dug stuff out of the vaults, and I'm not knocking that, it's been great. However, one could easily get the impression that for all intents and purposes, it is Universal and/or other corporate forces that are really driving everything we're seeing nowadays that is connected with "the 50th", I for one remain far from convinced that the individuals at the core of it all actually give a s**t anymore, to be quite blunt about it. I just don't think they're that "sentimental" about it all. So in that respect, I think they're very "hands off" about most of it, and the entire marketing effort is - by and large - mostly "off" their individual radars.

Don't think so. At least Mick and Charlie are very "in" economics and all the planning stuff. They should have stopped years ago. They are worse now than all geriatric caricatures...

Date: October 16, 2012 12:14

micawber
paulywaul
micawber

Don't think so. At least Mick and Charlie are very "in" economics and all the planning stuff. They should have stopped years ago. They are worse now than all geriatric caricatures...

Well if you're right, then I think it appalling to be quite honest. I'm all in favour of artists earning a buck and not getting ripped off and so on and so on, but this just sucks ... I think they've taken leave of their senses and/or are just making poor judgements. Whatever, that be my two cents worth !

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 16, 2012 12:21

paulywaul
micawber

Surely they do know how much these rip-off piss take tickets are costing?

Earl's Court 1976 = £4 which = £28 today

Urban Jungle 1990 = £20 which = £40 today

Inflation calculation courtesy............[safalra.com]

imo anyone who buys these tickets and the "one time only offers" as per Brixton market sales techniques is being laughed at by a bunch of barrow boy muggers and Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, (Charlie, he's no mug) & promoters etc, I reckon the rest ie Ron et al are probaly dumbfounded at the audacity and probaly getting screwed themselves - relatively.....although enough to keep them in order.....1 for you, 100 for me & Keith.....1 for you.......100 for....................etc..etc

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-16 14:08 by EddieByword.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 16, 2012 12:21

Absurd - I'll write on ask Keith - 2 questions:

"do you want to get rid of all real Stones fans?"
"is Stones becoming a corporate bullshit?"

Let's see what he answers.

Posted by: LastStopThisTown ()
Date: October 16, 2012 12:23

Was this StonesArchive pre sale aimed at the 'hardcore' fans, given that the Amex pre sale could alienate much of that group?
That was the impression i got when reading the announcement.

This whole thing stinks of arrogance of the highest order - ultimately that statement lands at the bands feet. Nobody is forcing them to do this.

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: October 16, 2012 12:27

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: October 16, 2012 13:07

Was hoping to get £166 tickets through this presale, doesn't look as if this will be the case

Posted by: 999 ()
Date: October 16, 2012 13:18

Rollin92
Was hoping to get £166 tickets through this presale, doesn't look as if this will be the case

FYI, the 166£ tickets through the yesterday's Amex presale were for the block 409 on row T
I decided not to buy them even if I saw much worse deals later (some 326£ tickets also on crappy rows on level 4)...

WHAT A SHAME...NOTHING SEEMS TO BE GOIN' RIGHT

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: October 16, 2012 13:23

Rollin92

FYI, the 166£ tickets through the yesterday's Amex presale were for the block 409 on row T
I decided not to buy them even if I saw much worse deals later (some 326£ tickets also on crappy rows on level 4)...

WHAT A SHAME...NOTHING SEEMS TO BE GOIN' RIGHT

Just my luck that this happens at my potential first Stones concert...didn't expect to have to delve into my student loan this much

Date: October 16, 2012 14:03

mtaylor

'becoming' ?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 16, 2012 14:05

Gazza
mtaylor

'becoming' ?

My thoughts exactly on reading that, too...

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: October 16, 2012 14:17

Lol your question is gonna go straight to the "delete" button of the PR company managing his fake website.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 16, 2012 16:28

ridiculous prices.
gonna check tomorrow.
if its correct, i am not going.

hope they do some concerts next year

jeroen

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1836
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home