Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
concerts, tickets with childrens
Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: August 31, 2012 17:49

did you have experience of attending concerts with childrens?
my son is 7 years old....how does it work? do I have to buy the ticket for him as well? i never found info on ticketmaster, ticketone etc etc..
i am not talking of stones concerts only, I mean , i am talking of important concers in general....
thanks

Re: concerts, tickets with childrens
Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: August 31, 2012 17:53

andrea66
did you have experience of attending concerts with childrens?
my son is 7 years old....how does it work? do I have to buy the ticket for him as well? i never found info on ticketmaster, ticketone etc etc..
i am not talking of stones concerts only, I mean , i am talking of important concers in general....
thanks

Where would he sit? I don't think they are in the business of letting anyone in for free..

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 31, 2012 18:02

there are few things more annoying that parents bringing their kids who will never remember a damned thing about a show just so they can tell everybody they saw "such and such" way back when. get a sitter and leave the snot-nosed brat at home.

Date: August 31, 2012 18:07

Bravo, don't bring your son and let other people do what they want.
i just asked how does it work, didn't need other kind of life lessons

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: August 31, 2012 18:13

StonesTod
there are few things more annoying that parents bringing their kids who will never remember a damned thing about a show just so they can tell everybody they saw "such and such" way back when. get a sitter and leave the snot-nosed brat at home.

How about a movie theater?

Date: August 31, 2012 18:16

andrea66

you turn-down FREE advice???

Date: August 31, 2012 18:16

2000 LYFH
StonesTod

How about a movie theater?

good idea. drop the kid off at the movies and give him bus-fare home.

Date: August 31, 2012 18:26

StonesTod
andrea66

i am tryin' to help you to reach 16.500 posts. come on, 150 more only !

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: August 31, 2012 18:26

Amen! My dad took me when I was 12, at which point I had been waiting 'my entire life' to see the band. Granted I didn't smoke or drink like the average Stones fan, but I happily participated without whining about how tired I was.

The contrast being my brother, who was 9 at the time, did not want to come because he was going to spend the weekend at a friend's house. Good thing too, since he really didn't get it, and would've had a miserable time!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 31, 2012 18:28

Took my 5 year old girl to the Austin concert. She still talks about it and wears the longhorn stones tongue shirt...although not to school...apparently the administrators don't like the tongue logo.

and yes...she had to have her own tickets...

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: August 31, 2012 18:31

It works just the same as if you were taking an adult.You buy a ticket for each person going, there isn't a discount or anything like that for concerts based on age like you might find with a movie.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: August 31, 2012 18:40

Each individual getting into a concert venue needs a ticket
You won't take a baby anyway, so sitting on your knees is not an option

I never heard of reduced fares for kids at rock concerts.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: August 31, 2012 18:49

Yes, all kids will need their own ticket.

But the real question should be: What concert are you thinking about taking him to??

Your biggest concern as a parent should be the crowd around you, not the band on stage. Alcohol, profanity, smoking, and noise levels are huge factors to consider when taking your kids to a show.

Pay attention to where the seats are as well. A 7 year old that has a ticket on the floor to see a show and ends up staring at other adults' backsides the whole time will not have any fun.

Pick a safe show, with a relatively safe audience and have fun. Talk about the potential sights and sounds that you'll encounter ahead of time so that you are both prepared.

Another thing to prep for as a parent, Are you prepared to have to leave early if something goes wrong? If you are concerned about the safety of your 7 yr old son at all, don't take him.

All of the above, in my humble opinion of course!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 31, 2012 18:52

...and might I suggest a pair of GOOD QUALITY, PROPERY FITTED ear plugs. Ears can be damaged in a matter of seconds and the damage will be there for the rest of their life.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: August 31, 2012 18:54

Max'sKansasCity
...and might I suggest a pair of GOOD QUALITY, PROPERY FITTED ear plugs. Ears can be damaged in a matter of seconds and the damage will be there for the rest of their life.

Hear! Hear!

Date: August 31, 2012 18:55

thanks to all of you guys!

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: August 31, 2012 18:56

Here in Milano kids under 7 are admitted at the stadium for free and without a ticket.

Stones, I don't know. But I do remember that in Paris 95 (the pouring rain show) right in front of me there was the most beautiful girl in the world (not more than 16) with her two younger sisters ... Nobody complained.

C

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-31 18:59 by liddas.

Date: August 31, 2012 19:47

andrea66
StonesTod
andrea66

considering the 7 or 8 other usernames i have, i'm well over 50,000....

Date: August 31, 2012 20:25

StonesTod
andrea66
StonesTod
andrea66

wow! i am really proud of you

Date: August 31, 2012 20:26

andrea66
StonesTod
andrea66
StonesTod
andrea66

wow! i am really proud of you

nobody's proud of me. please.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 31, 2012 23:44

When my son was 11 years old he went with his father to see The Who. He did have ear plugs, had a great time, and still remembers it well. However, 7 year olds can find big, loud concerts overwhelming. When my girls were around that age they went to see one of the boy bands, I think it was Backstreet Boys or NSYNC, and ended up walking around the perimeter of the arena for most of the show because they said it
hurt their ears. So, my advice would be to wait until he's a little older if he is the sensitive type. It all depends on what kind of concert it is and what you think your child can handle. I sure wouldn't spend a lot of money on a concert ticket for a child that age. The one big advantage to taking them when they are little, is they aren't yet too cool teenagers who think your music is for dinosaurs.grinning smiley

Date: August 31, 2012 23:48

latebloomer
When my son was 11 years old he went with his father to see The Who. He did have ear plugs, had a great time, and still remembers it well. However, 7 year olds can find big, loud concerts overwhelming. When my girls were around that age they went to see one of the boy bands, I think it was Backstreet Boys or NSYNC, and ended up walking around the perimeter of the arena for most of the show because they said it
hurt their ears. So, my advice would be to wait until he's a little older if he is the sensitive type. It all depends on what kind of concert it is and what you think your child can handle. I sure wouldn't spend a lot of money on a concert ticket for a child that age. The one big advantage to taking them when they are little, is they aren't yet too cool teenagers who think your music is for dinosaurs.grinning smiley

she said she didn't want no life lessons! okay?

Date: September 1, 2012 00:13

StonesTod
latebloomer

she said she didn't want no life lessons! okay?

Yeah, but she's happy for me to pay for everything...get out of my life Ma, but first take me and Sheila to the mall.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: September 1, 2012 11:41

I,ve taken my sons to shows from about 7 years old. You will have to pay full price. If they are really young and small, I would go for lower tiered seating so they can see something . Careful with any general admission shows as it can get a bit pushy down on the field, although the only trouble I've had was in Glasgow, where drunks think it's ok to push kids around. Only time I've ever come close to fighting (ok , getting beaten up ) at a show.
Luckily my boys where taller than me by the age of 12.

sc uk

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: September 1, 2012 13:28

My daughter Alessia seen the Stones in Milan 2006 with me when was 7 years old.
Appared in one dvd of concert with italian's flag.
Last year we have seen Bill at London.
She's very happy of this my passion
For ticket question, she has ever pay all the concert (ticket full,sigh!)
Sici

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-01 13:30 by Sici.

Date: September 1, 2012 14:03

Sici
My daughter Alessia seen the Stones in Milan 2006 with me when was 7 years old.
Appared in one dvd of concert with italian's flag.
Last year we have seen Bill at London.
She's very happy of this my passion
For ticket question, she has ever pay all the concert (ticket full,sigh!)
Sici
Sici, this was basically what i wanted to know, when i go to see soceer in milano (mikan....) my son pays half of the price. cinema he pays half.i was only wondering if there are some price reductions in case i will bring him to a big and "serious" concert.
that's it. the subject was very simple. i was not asking if it is good or bad for children's education , but i saw that somebody like to be always the smartest guy in town here in this forum,

Date: September 1, 2012 14:12

My apologies andrea66, I didn't read your earlier post, that's what happens when you just jump in without checking out the whole thread. I sure as heck know I'm not the smartest one around, and this just proves it.smiling smiley

Date: September 1, 2012 15:02

latebloomer
My apologies andrea66, I didn't read your earlier post, that's what happens when you just jump in without checking out the whole thread. I sure as heck know I'm not the smartest one around, and this just proves it.smiling smiley

i am sorry too, it was not for you, don't worry.
and now, let's wait for a new larger tour and new emotions

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: September 1, 2012 15:20

andrea66 i took my 10 years old son to see Bruce Springsteen in Boston two weeks ago and it was great!! He had a great time singing and taking photos .
The only ''problem'' was that he felt asleep for the last half an hour of the show (Bruce rocked for 3 and a half hours) cool smiley . It was fine because we had seats in the field and he felt aslep in his chair.
American concerts arrangments are much better for children than Europians.
I had to pay full price for the ticket though.

Date: September 1, 2012 17:58

andrea66
latebloomer

i am sorry too, it was not for you, don't worry.
and now, let's wait for a new larger tour and new emotions

thumbs up

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1221
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home