Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 49
Re: Billboard: Rolling Stones To Play London, Brooklyn In November
Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: September 2, 2012 03:06

Edith Grove
Hey, ya'll, I've been out of the loop for 3-1/2 days thanks to a hurricane called Isaac.

Can someone save me the time of going through 15 pages of this thread and tell me:

1) Has this been officially announced ?

2) Have dates been set ?

3) Do we have details on tickets ?

No to all three--an official announcement is expected on the 4th, otherwise this is another speculation thread. Supposedly 2 dates in Brooklyn, NY at Barclay's Arena and 2 dates at O2 in London and everyone is speculating on exact dates and ticket prices.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 2, 2012 03:08

stonesnow
Edith Grove
Hey, ya'll, I've been out of the loop for 3-1/2 days thanks to a hurricane called Isaac.

Can someone save me the time of going through 15 pages of this thread and tell me:

2) Have dates been set ?

No to all three--an official announcement is expected on the 4th, otherwise this is another speculation thread. Supposedly 2 dates in Brooklyn, NY at Barclay's Arena and 2 dates at O2 in London and everyone is speculating on exact dates and ticket prices.

Thanks ! thumbs up

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 2, 2012 03:10

What a read, I have been gone and just saw the news this evening - amazing, after 5 years...

Getting tickets must be real difficult for all those others. But I'm sure Gazza or BV will come up with a neat number of tickets to be shared freely on IORR and RocksOff.
Let me guess; 500 tickets to IORR and 250 to RocksOff?

I'll be surprised of the standard price for the London gigs will be below 200 euro. They know they gonna sell them tickets even if they cost 500 euro. It's only rock n roll, right?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-02 03:15 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: September 2, 2012 03:53

i think those london prices could be do-able. same for brooklyn. this will be a hot event for celebrities, the hollywood crowd. just charge them $10,000 a ticket and have them occupy the luxury suites where they can be waited on hand and foot. hold an after-show bash where they have chance to hob-nob with the ROLLING STONES! bam! done! these people pay $10,000 for a dinner. the stones playing their 50th, bargain. don't wanna pay those prices? then you don't really want to go.

believe me, showing their faces will override any ticket price.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 2, 2012 04:07

sundevil
believe me, showing their faces will override any ticket price.

Thank you, Mr. Rockefeller.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 2, 2012 04:10

stonesnow
Edith Grove

2) Have dates been set ?

Official announcement on the 4th is supposedly for the new greatest hits record.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: September 2, 2012 07:25

Assume it's common knowledge that Barbra Streisand will be one of the first to play Brooklyn (where she was born and has never appeared in concert.) Also Bob Dylan.

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: September 2, 2012 07:44

I wonder if these shows are a warm up for a bigger tour next year..hmm..hope so. I cant make either of these shows as I would have had my holiday.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-02 08:06 by tipps.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: September 2, 2012 08:26

Gazza
stonesnow
Edith Grove

2) Have dates been set ?

Official announcement on the 4th is supposedly for the new greatest hits record.

Well, that's not much of an announcement is it, supposedly or otherwise? More like, hurry up and buy this, before this too goes out of print like 40 Licks. No, if there are shows a couple of months ahead, they'll announce it. But Gazza, you're "something" of an insider--anything you want to [leak to] tell us?

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: September 2, 2012 09:22

stonesnow
Gazza
stonesnow
Edith Grove

2) Have dates been set ?

Well, that's not much of an announcement is it, supposedly or otherwise? More like, hurry up and buy this, before this too goes out of print like 40 Licks. No, if there are shows a couple of months ahead, they'll announce it. But Gazza, you're "something" of an insider--anything you want to [leak to] tell us?

Press conference about the shows mid september is what i´ve heard as well.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: September 2, 2012 09:50

JumpinJeppeFlash

Mid september?

Date: September 2, 2012 10:03

Harm
JumpinJeppeFlash

Mid september?

Yes, let´s wait and see, my source is very trustworthy.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 2, 2012 10:38

Edith Grove

Good to have you back.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: September 2, 2012 10:50

Few words yesterday on Classic 21, a belgian radio :
"Rumours for 4 shows in London and NY this fall,with many guests".

Maybe the 4 shows are very special, for the 50th anniversary, and not like the "classic" Rolling Stones shows from the last tours (just the band).

I'm thinking that the SNL TV show with Jagger performing with Arcade Fire, Jeff Beck and Foo Fighters, was maybe a test for the 50th yrs big party shows.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 2, 2012 11:01

Massimo68
"Rumours for 4 shows in London and NY this fall,with
many guests
".

If it is so: Jagger knows that they (especially one) can´t deliver alone anymore.

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: September 2, 2012 11:29

Massimo68
"Rumours for 4 shows in London and NY this fall,with many guests".

Maybe the 4 shows are very special, for the 50th anniversary, and not like the "classic" Rolling Stones shows from the last tours (just the band).

I'm thinking that the SNL TV show with Jagger performing with Arcade Fire, Jeff Beck and Foo Fighters, was maybe a test for the 50th yrs big party shows.
One more reason to be somewhere else at this time...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 2, 2012 11:32

i looked at the 02 arena events in November.
No Stones concerts at nov 26 and 27!!!!!!
Nothings been stated on their calender!!!!
jeroen

Date: September 2, 2012 11:37

corriecas
i looked at the 02 arena events in November.
No Stones concerts at nov 26 and 27!!!!!!
Nothings been stated on their calender!!!!
jeroen

Well, that´s because they haven´t announced any shows yet.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 2, 2012 11:42

If you look at nov 26, another band has been booked.
jeroen

Date: September 2, 2012 12:07

stonesnow
Gazza
stonesnow
Edith Grove

2) Have dates been set ?

All these apps theyre pushing and hinting about in recent weeks are UMG apps. The announcement on Tuesday will relate to a UMG product. It may not be much of an announcement to you or me, but it is as far as their record label is concerned.

They 'might' well announce or confirm the shows too, of course, but I wouldnt count on it.

I cant 'leak' anything other than to say again that I understand the dates for the London shows are not what has been mentioned above (ie, they're not on either or both of Nov 26 & 27). I dont know the NYC dates yet in case anyone asks but it wont be Dec 7 & 8 as that venue isnt available on the 7th. It IS available on December 3rd, 6th and 8th however, so I GUESS it could be on two of those three.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: September 2, 2012 13:24

My very reliable sources say that they won't play in the Bonbonnière in Maastricht in November.

Date: September 2, 2012 13:25

that's your tour boys and girls....enjoy!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 2, 2012 14:02

Harm
My very reliable sources say that they won't play in the Bonbonnière in Maastricht in November.

And I know your sources are very reliable Harm

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: September 2, 2012 15:01

2013 Tour?!?!?

Stop dreaming.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: September 2, 2012 16:15

My very "reliable sources" have sent me a morse code message stating that The Stones will do a six night stand @ Madison Square Garden June22-27,2013,where they will use the Lotus stage and play the Exact same songs as they did in 75..So be prepared,my sources are impecable...confused smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: September 2, 2012 16:33

Gazza
stonesnow
Gazza
stonesnow
Edith Grove

I dont know the NYC dates yet in case anyone asks but it wont be Dec 7 & 8 as that venue isnt available on the 7th. It IS available on December 3rd, 6th and 8th however, so I GUESS it could be on two of those three.

Gazza....December? I thought it was November at Barclays?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 2, 2012 16:40

Gazza
stonesnow
Gazza
stonesnow
Edith Grove

2) Have dates been set ?

All these apps theyre pushing and hinting about in recent weeks are UMG apps. The announcement on Tuesday will relate to a UMG product. It may not be much of an announcement to you or me, but it is as far as their record label is concerned.

They 'might' well announce or confirm the shows too, of course, but I wouldnt count on it.

I cant 'leak' anything other than to say again that I understand the dates for the London shows are not what has been mentioned above (ie, they're not on either or both of Nov 26 & 27). I dont know the NYC dates yet in case anyone asks but it wont be Dec 7 & 8 as that venue isnt available on the 7th. It IS available on December 3rd, 6th and 8th however, so I GUESS it could be on two of those three.
16/11 - 25/11 has been available all the time - has probably already been booked since the start of the year.
There is room for 2 more shows.
They can announce 2 shows in London and if the demand is very big they can add 2 more. Better adding 2 more shows than cancelling 2 shows because of little interest / too expensive tickets.
4 shows in UK and 2 in US - 120 thousand people - 200 USD average ticketprice, which will give 25 million USD back to Branson and Co.
Couldn't be better. ;o)

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 2, 2012 16:40

Ticketbulletin.com

It certainly sounds like it is possible. Billboard.com has reported the Rolling Stones will play Brooklyn’s Barclays Center in November 2012 for two shows, as well as two shows at O2 Arena in London.

Sources from the Rolling Stones will only say it is premature to make any assumptions but they have not denied these concerts are in the works, either!

Finally it seems like The Stones are going to play a few shows, and if we are lucky they’ll give us a full world tour.

Us fans will be going “Out of Our Heads” for Rolling Stones tickets at the Barclays Center because this may be “The Last Time” we get the “Satisfaction” of seeing them! See what I did there? Most Stones fans do!

Don’t waste any time, sign up now for the Rolling Stones ticket alert at Select-A-Ticket to find out when tickets will become available for purchase. There is no way in the world these won’t be the most sought after ticket in at least the last 5 years if not more.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 2, 2012 16:52

Rip This
Ticketbulletin.com

It certainly sounds like it is possible. Billboard.com has reported the Rolling Stones will play Brooklyn’s Barclays Center in November 2012 for two shows, as well as two shows at O2 Arena in London.

Sources from the Rolling Stones will only say it is premature to make any assumptions but they have not denied these concerts are in the works, either!

Finally it seems like The Stones are going to play a few shows, and if we are lucky they’ll give us a full world tour.

Us fans will be going “Out of Our Heads” for Rolling Stones tickets at the Barclays Center because this may be “The Last Time” we get the “Satisfaction” of seeing them! See what I did there? Most Stones fans do!

Don’t waste any time, sign up now for the Rolling Stones ticket alert at Select-A-Ticket to find out when tickets will become available for purchase. There is no way in the world these won’t be the most sought after ticket in at least the last 5 years if not more.

Thanks for the tip Rip This, I just signed up.

Date: September 2, 2012 17:00

Sam Spade
Gazza
stonesnow
Gazza
stonesnow
Edith Grove

I dont know the NYC dates yet in case anyone asks but it wont be Dec 7 & 8 as that venue isnt available on the 7th. It IS available on December 3rd, 6th and 8th however, so I GUESS it could be on two of those three.

Gazza....December? I thought it was November at Barclays?

Maybe. I honestly think it'll be December, though - AFTER London and after the 'new' album comes out.

I could be way off, of course.

In November, the Barclays Center is available only on November 2, 6-8, 22 and 26.

I dont think it'll be early November which leaves the two dates later in the month - which are around the time the new record comes out. However, if theyre in London in late November, that rules those out.

It has to be said that on this occasion, the Stones organization have done very well in keeping all of this largely under wraps until the last few days.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 49

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1159
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home