Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Brussels Deluxe
Posted by: NEWMAN ()
Date: December 3, 2014 02:19

jamesfdouglas
To anyone who buys any of these.

Get a life.

I have one, both a life and a Brussels Deluxe. Enjoying the sh*t out of both. Thanks!

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: December 4, 2014 13:31

Halup

I've seen one of these in person that contained the 2 CDs along with everything else. Do you know if there are some that had the CDs while others didn't? $299 was the price I saw for this when I saw it "used" in a store.

From [forums.stevehoffman.tv]

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: December 17, 2014 11:55

following this thread, I took the occasion of the "lower" price to ask Santa ... The price came back at high point shortly after.
Just before putting it down the tree, I opened it quickly.

The box itself and the red tissue look cheap to me, but that's not the main thing. And the watch ?
What I could say is that the book and the LP are very well done !
The LPs are 5 sides (for 80 min) with one side for YCAGWYW and one for MR. With first quick hearing, it seems to sound very good. Better than Hampton and LA75 which are already good.
I'll wait a few days before open it again ...

I ask bravousa if this box is part of the first boxes made in 2012. And are they some reissue done for the first concerts of 2012 with the high price tickets ?
Mine is called unsigned ... Did they put out the autopen sigs ? That's not clear.
I do not see any numbering.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 17, 2014 14:07

Maybe you have the set used for VIP packages in The USA last year. That's how I got my copy on eBay, also unsigned. Does YCAGWYW on vinyl play well on your system? Mine has a terrible static. Perhaps the grooves are too wide for my needle. The other records play fine. Basically I love the box. Could do without the watch but I think $300 is a fair price. Wonder if this will be re-issued during the "from the vault" series. Maybe it will be a scaled down more affordable edition? I'm hoping for a vinyl edition so I can play YCAGWYW. Then I'll finally get what I want, ha-ha.

Date: December 17, 2014 14:12

Just bought myself a Christmas present smiling smiley

Date: December 17, 2014 15:38

my YCAGWYW plays well.
I do not own a fancy LP player. The needle is ortofon.

I hope yours is not a mispressing. Or maybe, it'll be a super collector winking smiley

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: December 17, 2014 17:40

What's with the two CD's? Did they remaster both Brussels shows and release them?

Date: December 17, 2014 18:06

I have to check but I think that the same audio than the flac download.
They just put the 80 min in 2 cds and 3 LPs.
They could have made 1 cd and 2 LPs but for the price it's better to have more ...

I just checked on the brava website. The price went down again. There is perhaps a selling strategy ?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 17, 2014 19:30

I just saved $450!

The shipping of $56 plus exchange rate, plus taxes would have put me at around $450...I just couldn't justify it!

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: December 17, 2014 20:05

It sure would be nice if Brussels got an affordable official cd-release (for those of us who are not millionaires). And to have a '73 tour-photo book. There are so many iconic pictures from that tour,I wonder why no publisher has gathered them in one book.

Date: December 17, 2014 23:03

dear treacefingers, I'm not sure I understood your last post.
Did you buy it finally ? Or did you resist to the temptation ?

It's clear that this concert deserve to be release more "normally".

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: December 17, 2014 23:28

Just got mine...the cd's are, in fact, includedthumbs upthumbs up

Date: December 17, 2014 23:35

djgab
dear treacefingers, I'm not sure I understood your last post.
Did you buy it finally ? Or did you resist to the temptation ?

It's clear that this concert deserve to be release more "normally".

I'm a vinyl aficionado otherwise I wouldn't even have considered it.

I decided to pass as I just thought that $450 all in was too much, as much as I wanted to buy it!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 18, 2014 00:04

I have the unsigned set from the tickets I bought for the London show in 2012. I thin $299 is about right. It's a very nice set. Obviously, they should release a standard LP for $40 some day.

When will they lower the price on that pinball machine?

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: December 18, 2014 07:30

It's simply a vastly overprized "fansploitation" effort.

Date: December 18, 2014 09:50

when I first read "I just saved $450!", I thought 750 -450 = 300 ... but it was 300 + tax + shipping + custom = 450.

To this day, the vinyl aficionado in me is satisfied by the LP.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-18 09:50 by djgab.

Date: December 18, 2014 10:55

TravelinMan
What's with the two CD's? Did they remaster both Brussels shows and release them?

No. None of the shows are even mixed, mastered or released in its entirety.

Date: December 18, 2014 10:59

treaclefingers
I just saved $450!

The shipping of $56 plus exchange rate, plus taxes would have put me at around $450...I just couldn't justify it!

I got it for $373.

But the tax/customs.... I won't even think of it..

Date: December 18, 2014 13:36

alimente
It's simply a vastly overprized "fansploitation" effort.

Just remortgage the house and get yourself one...you know you want it!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 18, 2014 14:47

Had a funny thought related to the movie "the jerk". I can picture myself going homeless and I grab my Brussels Boxset and say "this is all I need" and then grab my most valuable LP and say it again, and then a few more things of course, ha-ha.

Date: December 18, 2014 15:15

frankotero
Had a funny thought related to the movie "the jerk". I can picture myself going homeless and I grab my Brussels Boxset and say "this is all I need" and then grab my most valuable LP and say it again, and then a few more things of course, ha-ha.

Just make sure you don't forget a sound system to play them all with! Wouldn't that suck?

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: December 18, 2014 16:15

I cannot imagine spending that kind of money, not alone 300 dollars for a discounted, but the initial 750 - 1,500; it's ridiculous. Much as I love the show, I'd prefer to have a recording of when they settled on a price -

"What shall we charge for the 4 LP's, watch, pizza, sticker, autosign and pretty nifty box to hold these goodies in?"

Jagger: "At least a grand, f*ck 'em, it's definitely worth a grand, or 1,500; I need new shoes for my weekend in Biarritz, and they don't come cheap!"

Date: December 18, 2014 16:23

djgab
when I first read "I just saved $450!", I thought 750 -450 = 300 ... but it was 300 + tax + shipping + custom = 450.

Well, when I read $299 I clicked on the link, my hands were shaking as I reached for my visa card, 'could this be true, $299?!'...I went through the cart and then saw the shipping fee of $56 bucks, and thought, "oh damn!", then I read the note about customs, and then realized in US dollars there'd be an additional 20% or so premium to convert to CAD.

At that point I aborted...oh so close.

Date: December 18, 2014 16:28

treaclefingers
djgab

Well, when I read $299 I clicked on the link, my hands were shaking as I reached for my visa card, 'could this be true, $299?!'...I went through the cart and then saw the shipping fee of $56 bucks, and thought, "oh damn!", then I read the note about customs, and then realized in US dollars there'd be an additional 20% or so premium to convert to CAD.

I should have read that part...

Date: December 18, 2014 16:32

DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
djgab

ah, you'll be fine. I have mouths to feed so the guilt in pressing the purchase button got to me.

Date: December 18, 2014 16:40

treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
djgab

ah, you'll be fine. I have mouths to feed so the guilt in pressing the purchase button got to me.

And that very same guilt didn't reach me? Yep, it did - a little late, though smiling smiley

Date: December 18, 2014 16:46

DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
djgab

And that very same guilt didn't reach me? Yep, it did - a little late, though smiling smiley

That's ok, you probably make more money than me! How many mouths Dandy, not including your own or the Rolling Stones?

Date: December 18, 2014 17:05

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-18 17:17 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: December 18, 2014 21:33

my wife usually use the word "vice" about the LP collection ...

Date: December 19, 2014 01:51

djgab
my wife usually use the word "vice" about the LP collection ...

mine is similar...something along the lines of "YOU BOUGHT WHAT??? YOU BASTARD!!"

I'm paraphrasing mind you.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1643
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home