Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 14 of 16
Re: The Guardian: Rolling Stones back in the studio in Paris
Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: August 29, 2012 18:20

after all of this time they should be making a new record...Good God...it's not like they don't have stuff they could be working on...it is just a matter of apathy...

those tracks on 40 Licks are just filler...there is NO WAY you could put one of those songs up against anything in their catalog and call it "Good"...

so now after all of this time we MIGHT have a new "Sex Drive" to look forward to...that was great...attaching those 2 pieces of crap to that horrible live LP to generate interest...

well...at least there is a new Ian Hunter record...

Damn...even Ringo puts out new records...and none of them have ever been worth a damn...but at least he tries...

they should call it "50 Rips"...who in their right mind cares about the 2012 remaster of Brown Sugar??

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 29, 2012 19:02

cowboytoast
after all of this time they should be making a new record...Good God...it's not like they don't have stuff they could be working on...it is just a matter of apathy...

those tracks on 40 Licks are just filler...there is NO WAY you could put one of those songs up against anything in their catalog and call it "Good"...

so now after all of this time we MIGHT have a new "Sex Drive" to look forward to...that was great...attaching those 2 pieces of crap to that horrible live LP to generate interest...

well...at least there is a new Ian Hunter record...

Damn...even Ringo puts out new records...and none of them have ever been worth a damn...but at least he tries...

they should call it "50 Rips"...who in their right mind cares about the 2012 remaster of Brown Sugar??

all true...but i'm looking forward to the artwork on the new compilation. it's something....or something.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 29, 2012 19:05

Sure hope they don't forget "Honky Tonk Women" on there...and "Miss You".

That would be an awesome comp.

Date: August 29, 2012 19:18

Munichhilton

they'll be on the b-side...oh, wait...i was confusing this with the b-stage. sorry.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: August 29, 2012 19:22

OH NO YOU DIDN'T say something bad about Highwire, Cowboytoast! That's such an awesome song!

Date: August 29, 2012 19:25

StonesTod
Munichhilton

they'll be on the b-side...oh, wait...i was confusing this with the b-stage. sorry.

B-side, B-stage its all the same to them.

Date: August 29, 2012 19:28

Munichhilton
StonesTod
Munichhilton

B-side, B-stage its all the same to them.

to b-sure...

Re: The Rolling Stones exit recording studio in Paris Aug. 21
Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: August 29, 2012 22:40

How many compilations can they do with the same songs over and over? WTF..hot smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: August 29, 2012 22:56

ROPENI
How many compilations can they do with the same songs over and over? WTF..hot smiley

It will be in a different order this time, yeeesh.

Date: August 29, 2012 23:19

Munichhilton
ROPENI

Probably,with the new tongue logo,2 maybe 3 refried songs from ABB,some bullshit about the 50th anniversary,different colors cd,and LP's,maybe a thank you card signed by them,and a charge of $100.00...Street Fighting Men,for sure..>grinning smiley<

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: August 30, 2012 00:01

They should release them this time in 3D.

Date: August 30, 2012 00:54

GravityBoy
They should release them this time in 3D.

what ever happened to googlephonic?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 30, 2012 01:04

ROPENI
Munichhilton
ROPENI

Probably,with the new tongue logo,2 maybe 3 refried songs from ABB,some bullshit about the 50th anniversary,different colors cd,and LP's,maybe a thank you card signed by them,and a charge of $100.00...Street Fighting Men,for sure..>grinning smiley<

I'm in if this is serious.

Date: August 30, 2012 01:27

treaclefingers
ROPENI
Munichhilton
ROPENI

Of course it is,deadly serious grinning smiley

Date: August 30, 2012 01:51

ROPENI
treaclefingers
ROPENI
Munichhilton
ROPENI

One cannot overestimate the importance of alternate colours, when it comes to vinyl.

Date: August 30, 2012 02:14

treaclefingers
ROPENI
treaclefingers
ROPENI
Munichhilton
ROPENI

One cannot overestimate the importance of alternate colours, when it comes to vinyl.
Exactly,l mean, to have in different colors lp's,Brown Sugar,JJF,Miss You,and the greatest Stones song ever 'Streets of Love",its a must for any self respecting,Rolling Stones fan...

Date: August 30, 2012 02:42

ROPENI
treaclefingers
ROPENI
treaclefingers
ROPENI
Munichhilton
ROPENI

Exactly,l mean, to have in different colors lp's,Brown Sugar,JJF,Miss You,and the greatest Stones song ever 'Streets of Love",its a must for any self respecting,Rolling Stones fan...

I have streets of love in red vinyl already...are you saying there are going to be even MORE colours?!

Date: August 30, 2012 03:15

treaclefingers
ROPENI
treaclefingers
ROPENI
treaclefingers
ROPENI
Munichhilton
ROPENI

I have streets of love in red vinyl already...are you saying there are going to be even MORE colours?!
Indeed there will be,according to my sources in the Stones camp...

Date: August 30, 2012 04:40

ROPENI
treaclefingers
ROPENI
treaclefingers
ROPENI
treaclefingers
ROPENI
Munichhilton
ROPENI

And it's a different running order!

Date: August 30, 2012 04:59

Munichhilton
ROPENI
treaclefingers
ROPENI
treaclefingers
ROPENI
treaclefingers
ROPENI
Munichhilton
ROPENI

Damm,that must be the "Exciting news",everyone is talking about..

Date: August 30, 2012 05:02

ROPENI
Munichhilton
ROPENI
treaclefingers
ROPENI
treaclefingers
ROPENI
treaclefingers
ROPENI
Munichhilton
ROPENI

Damm,that must be the "Exciting news",everyone is talking about..

It may be all we have anymore...

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: August 30, 2012 11:26

All this talk of a 50 licks album with a couple of new songs, you all seem to love slagging it off before it's even released, for 1. how do you even know what it is going to be and 2. you don't have to buy it.

They are never going to release another exile or sticky fingers but I am still glad they are around, I don't care what they release I just don't want them to fold. The Stones have been the soundtrack of my life and I still get a buzz just hearing what they are doing. I know this is a disscussion board but a very large majority of you seem to come on here and run them down, FOR GODS SAKE THEY ARE 70 YEARS OLD AND HAVE BEEN ON TOP FOR 50 YEARS GIVE THEM A BREAK!

I mean what more can they do? just enjoy what we have left with them.

Date: August 30, 2012 14:37

pgarof
All this talk of a 50 licks album with a couple of new songs, you all seem to love slagging it off before it's even released, for 1. how do you even know what it is going to be and 2. you don't have to buy it.

They are never going to release another exile or sticky fingers but I am still glad they are around, I don't care what they release I just don't want them to fold. The Stones have been the soundtrack of my life and I still get a buzz just hearing what they are doing. I know this is a disscussion board but a very large majority of you seem to come on here and run them down, FOR GODS SAKE THEY ARE 70 YEARS OLD AND HAVE BEEN ON TOP FOR 50 YEARS GIVE THEM A BREAK!

Well for one,The Stones have said it will be another "greatest hits" collection,and really, who the hell can be looking fordward to another compilation of BS,JJF,MIIS YOU,ect,with two or three(new) leftover songs reworked for this?,and l will give them a break,when they give me a break,on the price of all the bullshit merchandise they are hitting us with for the 50th..but u r right l don't have to buy it,and l will not,but l can give my opinion same as you..moody smiley

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: August 30, 2012 16:32

Less of all the moaning please.... they're bloody 70 years old!

Date: August 30, 2012 16:37

pgarof

what fun is that?

Date: August 30, 2012 16:38

tomcat2006

Who, their marketing machine? Damn....I see the problem

Date: August 30, 2012 16:41

tomcat2006

if you can't moan about that, then you're just not paying attention

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: August 30, 2012 17:00

StonesTod
tomcat2006

if you can't moan about that, then you're just not paying attention

hahaha perfect...70 years old has little to do with it...Mick sure as hell had time and energy to put into that Superheavy crap...Charlie plays with his band...Bill is older than ALL of them and plays on a regular basis...Ron Wood will play with anyone who will still hang out with him...

it's basically Mr. Wet Brain Weaving that has held stuff up and pissed Mick off to this point...

damn his HERO Chuck Berry still goes out...John Mayall???...damn Johnny Winter is a half blind albino who can't even stand and play anymore...and is nowhere near as good as he used to be...but he STILL tours and delivers new LPs...

i'm not going to make excuses for these bastards...i'm still pissed about Steel Wheels...

by the way...StonesTod i owe you a couple of beers for the laughs...keep 'em coming...

Date: August 30, 2012 17:13

it's really all our collective fault for buying their records and buying their concert tix over the years. if we woulda realized the monster that we created, we may have reconsidered our strategy. you see if they were poor and destitute then they would have to still be a working band and hungry for success.

so, i blame us....sometime it's hard to look in the mirror and face the truth....

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: August 30, 2012 19:38

I think all they are good for at this point is covers of trad blues tunes...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 14 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1402
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home