Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 29
Re: OT - 2012 London Summer Olympics
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 6, 2012 03:31

Max'sKansasCity
Rockman
ah, that explains the 9 volt batterys

That hardly compares with Cartman's 50-foot satellite dish:

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 6, 2012 03:40

Edith Grove
Max'sKansasCity
Rockman
ah, that explains the 9 volt batterys

That hardly compares with Cartman's 50-foot satellite dish:

and Cartman said ""Now, listen! Why is it that everything today has involved things either going in or coming out of my ass?!""

I couldnt find a postable video clip... but that funny episode is viewable [www.southparkstudios.com]

Date: August 6, 2012 06:29

crosses fingers aliya mustifina gets a gold on the uneven bars or floor exercise

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-06 08:12 by keefriffhard4life.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 6, 2012 10:01

Please do NOT use this thead for political discussons. We can not comment on sick people or politicians in every thread and we can not solve the world's problems in a thread about the Olypics. Thanks!

PS. I have to say Bolt looked great when he once again cruised in to a comfortable win. The world's fastest runner, right? I wonder what his speed is right when he is passing the 100 m line... Must be something like 40 km/h...

Bjornulf

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: August 6, 2012 10:13

yes the king of the track is back !

here is the results board taken from BBC website. UK is flying away trying to catch USA up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-06 10:22 by jpasc95.

Date: August 6, 2012 12:55

bv
The world's fastest runner, right? I wonder what his speed is right when he is passing the 100 m line... Must be something like 40 km/h...

27 mph as reported on American television, which converts to 43+ kph. eye popping smiley

Date: August 6, 2012 13:26

america blows everythong out of proportion. there is an article saying gabby douglas can bring home more medals as shes a favorite to medal in balance beam and uneven bars. really on uneven bars?? right now her best uneven bar score during the olympics would make her 5th compared to the scores of the 2 russians, 2 chinese and beth tweddle of england. yes a lot can happy but i can't see 5 people messing up enough to make gabby's usual score range worth a medal. i think the bronze medal score will have to be close to a 15.8 or better as there have been three 16+ scores on uneven bars this olympics

Date: August 6, 2012 14:49

ok I know that the French language means nothing to the English-speaking world but it is a fact that it is widely despized by the British organizers (Sebastian Coe and Co.).
Well, it's no surprise and even in the Times, you can read That French is useless and a moribund language !
It's good to recall that the article 23 of the Olympic Chart states that French and English are the two official languages of the Olympic games.

wonderful British fair-play !

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 6, 2012 15:05

jpasc95
ok I know that the French language means nothing to the English-speaking world but it is a fact that it is widely despized by the British organizers (Sebastian Coe and Co.).
Well, it's no surprise and even in the Times, you can read That French is useless and a moribund language !
It's good to recall that the article 23 of the Olympic Chart states that French and English are the two official languages of the Olympic games.

wonderful British fair-play !

Its a 'fact' ? eye rolling smiley Yes that really proves it, doesnt it? Just as much as the suggestions by French journalists that GB's success is down to something other than skill and hard work....
[www.express.co.uk]
[www.metro.co.uk]

Still, it's nice to see you respected Bjornulf's request just a couple of posts above your own.

PS - do you have a link to this Times story you're referring to? Thanks.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-06 15:14 by Gazza.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 6, 2012 16:22

bv
Please do NOT use this thead for political discussons.

Just in case somebody missed it.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: thierryhubert ()
Date: August 6, 2012 16:43

As a rower I can tell you that the British team didn't break anything in their boat so that there were not entitled to stop the race.
They made a mistake. Number 2 sliped from his rolling seat.
The sequence where we see him repairing his seat was an insult to the audience.
If you're seat is broken, you just can't repair it.

After the bycicle strategy of obtaining the race to be started again when the British make a bad start, the French journalists make much comments about British organization especially because the English pretend to give lectures to the world in fair play.

No way: 6 centuries after Joan of Arc, in spite of friendly help during the world wars, mistrust of the French with the English will continue

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 6, 2012 17:29

Rolling Hansie
bv

If I say that I read in an article in a Dutch quality paper that many British golden medal winners are from exclusive English 'public' schools, would you call that 'political discussion' as well? To me it's relevant and interesting in relation to the Olympic Games.

About the phenomenon public school:

[en.wikipedia.org]

The article I referred to (in Dutch):

[www.volkskrant.nl]

Date: August 6, 2012 17:30

thierryhubert
As a rower I can tell you that the British team didn't break anything in their boat so that there were not entitled to stop the race.
They made a mistake. Number 2 sliped from his rolling seat.
The sequence where we see him repairing his seat was an insult to the audience.
If you're seat is broken, you just can't repair it.

After the bycicle strategy of obtaining the race to be started again when the British make a bad start, the French journalists make much comments about British organization especially because the English pretend to give lectures to the world in fair play.

No way: 6 centuries after Joan of Arc, in spite of friendly help during the world wars, mistrust of the French with the English will continue

fortunately most people - in both countries - are more civilised than that.

Date: August 6, 2012 17:33

I am so happy with all of the athletes, they are doing so great.
In these times when things are not so great, I am so proud of
the kids and the people backing them, it is delightful to see.

The Olympics are such a fun thing and takes me back to feeling like a kid again, esp when they show clips of Olympics from when I was a kid. Seeing a story of little Olga Korbut from 1972, dazzling the world with her performance and smile... she helped change the world.

And again HUGE PROPS TO LONDON!!!! doing an awesome job.

Date: August 6, 2012 17:50

bv
I have to say Bolt looked great when he once again cruised in to a comfortable win. The world's fastest runner, right? I wonder what his speed is right when he is passing the 100 m line... Must be something like 40 km/h...

Bolt is an amazing human being, "The fastest man alive". That race was full of the fastest men to ever run the fastest times ever. I wish they would hurry up and invent that instant transporter, because I would have LOVED to have been transported to Jamaica before that race to party with those celebrating that race.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-06 17:51 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 6, 2012 18:07

I would not say that the Olympics - or any other sports events- are perfect. But this thead is NOT mainly for solving the problems around how young girls are treated - training wise - in some countries in order to win gold medals, or how some bicycle atlets in the early days was drinking vodka and died in Tour de France in the high passes. Or how rich people have an easier way to some sports. Let's face the facts. Life is unfair. Millions of people in Africa don't even have tap water. But should we stop doing sports just because life is unfair? We simply can't solve all world problems here. And knowing that any such political discussions end up in fights - I know better that you sort of hate discussions - I do NOT want them here. But if you want to solve world problems and have money to spare feel free to send them to me! Thanks!

Bjornulf

Date: August 6, 2012 18:18

The Usain Bolt/Yohan Blake result is a very cool way for Jamaica to celebrate its Independence Day 50th Anniversary today. The string of concerts and events that have been taking place at the O2 in London culminates with Jimmy Cliff tonight.

Date: August 6, 2012 18:19

bv
But if you want to solve world problems and have money to spare feel free to send them to me! Thanks!

the lengths some people will go to get themselves enough funds to finance another Stones tour....spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: August 6, 2012 18:50

Max'sKansasCity
Those other 2 runners look like they are painfully giving it everything they got...... and Bolt is checking out the hot chicks in the stands winking smiley
"Ya mon, dats a sweet looking babe, irie"

lol...Yes! He may have been. It's amazing. And his size.... looks like some superman next to them.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: August 6, 2012 18:57

Date: August 6, 2012 19:09

stupidguy2
Max'sKansasCity
Those other 2 runners look like they are painfully giving it everything they got...... and Bolt is checking out the hot chicks in the stands winking smiley
"Ya mon, dats a sweet looking babe, irie"

lol...Yes! He may have been. It's amazing. And his size.... looks like some superman next to them.
thumbs up.... and.... they say he takes 2 steps/strides less to go the same distance as the other runners... I tried to count, but he was moving too fast winking smiley

Date: August 6, 2012 19:27

shortfatfanny

What is the story behind this ?

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: August 6, 2012 19:44

As press report a drunk guy has been arrested yesterday for throwing a bottle on the track just when
menĀ“s 100m final started.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: August 6, 2012 19:59

Hey ROCKMAN!

Here's our Ricey!

[asset.ninemsn.com.au]

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: August 6, 2012 20:06

Best picture so far - really gave him a kick ;o)

Date: August 6, 2012 20:33

CANOEING!!!

Date: August 6, 2012 20:42

France V Japan Women's football/soccer coming down to it @ minute 86:00
JPN leads FRA 2-1.... COME ON FRENCH LADIES... YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

edit-
aw shuzbud... I was rooting hard for France to do it and they
almost did it right at the end... that would have been spectacular!!!

Great showing France, you gals are awesome, but we knew that alreadysmileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-06 20:53 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 6, 2012 21:16

Nice, just saw Jagger live in stadium (from tele)

Supposedly watching women's shotput..tongue sticking out smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-06 21:19 by Doxa.

Date: August 6, 2012 21:31

Rolling Hansie
bv

My post had nothing to do with politics !
It's sad to see that some people here tried to turn it into that way not to face the facts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-06 21:43 by jpasc95.

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: August 6, 2012 21:37

Everyone is innocent until proven guilty but I find it hard to believe somebody can run 27 mph without some kind of illegal substance. Most people would have a hard time doing 27 mph on a mountain bike.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1882
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home