Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Keith Richards and Patti Hansen to meet children and grandchildren for Vogue (Photos)
Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: July 24, 2012 00:34

shortfatfanny
proudmary
CindyC
TrulyMicks
nightskyman
C'mon, of course it's kitsch. Aren't all posed celebrity photo shoots?

Clearly these are not to be taken seriously

To a point, but the posing here is just OTT imo. It's funny to me.

It is really strange that Keith would suddenly take to posing. He would never do something like that when he was with the Rolling Stones. All of their photos were completely impromtu, like this one here where they just decided they would hold hands. Guys do that all the time, right?

It's one thing when you posing for the camera as part of your job as a pop star. It is clear that the show business is impossible without pictures, without displaying the image. It's totally different to pose for the magazine as "a family" - in borrowed clothes, including young children and "portray" a happy family following the director's instructions
Staged scenes from family life - it's SO tasteless

And yes, it's ironic - Richards for so many years blamed Mick for constant showing off, for his efforts to be in the spotlight at any cost,that Jagger forgot who he was - and now he does it himself. Nothing wrong with it(exept for poor taste but Mick never was tasteless) but I can't help asking - what was the REAL reason for Keith's criticism and all this judging and pointing finger pose?

Page 312 in "According To The Rolling Stones",the picture taken by Mario Testino in 2000 with Jagger,Jerry Hall and the kids...how would you call that ?

Tasteless or just a family shot for whatever reason ?

Dunno, but if this is a single picture, not done for the glossy magazine (Testino is a personal friend of Jerry), then more likely it is a family picture. I think that in 2000 Mick was more open to any Jerry's suggestion - he wanted to get his family back
My point is that there is nothing terrible in to pose for photos if you're a public person - preferably without children(but this is my point of view). Why argue with the obvious - the person who's leading the photographer to his house and willing to shoot his entire family is full of vanity.But there should be no double standards - Jagger for all of these pictures was considered a poseur for ages.
Apropos Jagger - recently here was a thread about Jagger's apartment in Paris - and there were plenty of comments about how all this was bourgeois and of bad taste and no single guitar in sight. No one was doing personal attacks against other posters, it was all very friendly. Hope we are able to keep the same approach here

Re: Keith Richards and Patti Hansen to meet children and grandchildren for Vogue (Photos)
Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 24, 2012 00:44

proudmary
shortfatfanny
proudmary
CindyC
TrulyMicks
nightskyman

It is really strange that Keith would suddenly take to posing. He would never do something like that when he was with the Rolling Stones. All of their photos were completely impromtu, like this one here where they just decided they would hold hands. Guys do that all the time, right?

It's one thing when you posing for the camera as part of your job as a pop star. It is clear that the show business is impossible without pictures, without displaying the image. It's totally different to pose for the magazine as "a family" - in borrowed clothes, including young children and "portray" a happy family following the director's instructions

And yes, it's ironic - Richards for so many years blamed Mick for constant showing off, for his efforts to be in the spotlight at any cost,that Jagger forgot who he was - and now he does it himself. Nothing wrong with it(exept for poor taste but Mick never was tasteless) but I can't help asking - what was the REAL reason for Keith's criticism and all this judging and pointing finger pose?

Page 312 in "According To The Rolling Stones",the picture taken by Mario Testino in 2000 with Jagger,Jerry Hall and the kids...how would you call that ?

Dunno, but if this is a single picture, not done for the glossy magazine (Testino is a personal friend of Jerry), then more likely it is a family picture. I think that in 2000 Mick was more open to any Jerry's suggestion - he wanted to get his family back
My point is that there is nothing terrible in to pose for photos if you're a public person - preferably without children(but this is my point of view). Why argue with the obvious - the person who's leading the photographer to his house and willing to shoot his entire family is full of vanity.But there should be no double standards - Jagger for all of these pictures was considered a poseur for ages.
Apropos Jagger - recently here was a thread about Jagger's apartment in Paris - and there were plenty of comments about how all this was bourgeois and of bad taste and no single guitar in sight. No one was doing personal attacks against other posters, it was all very friendly. Hope we are able to keep the same approach here

I just asked a friendly question because this picture of Keith reminded me somehow to the one I mentioned and I was interested in your opinion.
It´s up to anyone whether one allows pictures of his privacy to be published.
Of course those two were staged ( the actual Keith with family one and Mick´s...).

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: July 24, 2012 06:18

shortfatfanny
proudmary
CindyC
TrulyMicks
nightskyman

Missing the point. Keith was the one who always snarked these kinds of things....Mick was the one who was always accused of being the fashion/publicity whore. And Proudmary makes an excellent point: L'wren's recent photo spread of their home and the derision it received from some here.....
When Keith does it, it's cool.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-24 06:20 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: July 24, 2012 11:06

can you post the photos i cant see them here in china

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: July 24, 2012 11:35

Why do Keith and his family publish these photos? Really strange.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: July 24, 2012 12:35

KR, MJ, ChW, RW.................... can make and publish watever they want....why not??

Posted by: brownsugar86 ()
Date: July 24, 2012 12:46

nightskyman

That was slightly less cringe worthy as they were just sat on sofas mucking about with instruments, not all hugging each other at the same time as though they hadn't seen each other for ages.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-24 12:48 by brownsugar86.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: July 24, 2012 22:07

elunsi
And OF COURSE they do not read Keith´s book to a child.

Not sure if you are rolling your eyes at me or the picture but just wanted to comment that of course I know, I was being sarcastic about it. smiling smiley

Posted by: elunsi ()
Date: July 24, 2012 22:36

TrulyMicks
elunsi

Not sure if you are rolling your eyes at me or the picture but just wanted to comment that of course I know, I was being sarcastic about it. smiling smiley

I apologize for the rolling eyes, TrulyMicks. I did not read the whole thread again, I just remembered that somebody said that about the book. To be honest I thought it was somebody else, not you smiling smiley I misunderstood, that it was meant sarcastically.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: July 24, 2012 23:05

elunsi
TrulyMicks
elunsi

I apologize for the rolling eyes, TrulyMicks. I did not read the whole thread again, I just remembered that somebody said that about the book. To be honest I thought it was somebody else, not you smiling smiley I misunderstood, that it was meant sarcastically.

No problem, elunsi. Thanks for responding smiling smiley ....the joys of communicating online...grinning smiley

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: July 31, 2012 06:26

Here's the text from vogue.com:

Anything Goes:
Keith Richards and Patti Hansen

by Chloe Malle | photographed by Bruce Weber

Happy, stylish chaos ensues whenever Keith Richards and Patti Hansen, 56, gather the kids and grandkids, including 39-year-old model daughter-in-law Lucie de la Falaise, at their Turks and Caicos retreat.

“When you have the whole ensemble, the whole dynasty down there, the house is just shaking; everything’s going all the time,” says Theodora. She’s describing Richards-family gatherings on the North Caribbean island of Parrot Cay—a succession of sun-soaked beach days, fiercely competitive games of Mexican Train dominoes, and a cappella performances around the fire pit. Keith plays the benevolent patriarch, and Patti Hansen rules the roost. “You always have someone to hang out with, always have something to do,” says Theodora. “Your imagination just runs wild.”

The whole ensemble, currently a baker’s dozen assembled from Keith’s rambling family tree, congregated this Easter at the Turks and Caicos retreat Keith and Patti purchased ten years ago. Keith’s elder children, Marlon and Angela (their mother is Anita Pallenberg), brought their families over from the south coast of England. Marlon; his wife, model Lucie de la Falaise; and Ella Rose, sixteen, Orson, twelve, and Ida, three, had been to Parrot Cay many times before. “It’s a real vacation, where you can just be a family and not have to worry about anything else,” says Lucie, who last Easter invited friend Kate Moss and her daughter, Lila Grace, to join in on the fun.

For Angela’s eleven-month-old daughter, Ava, however, it was a first visit. “Except when she was in her mom’s tummy,” corrects Theodora. She and her sister Alexandra are the aunts extraordinaires of the seaside abode, leading the children in games of bocce and badminton and making music videos on the computer when bad weather looms.

A typical day begins around 7:00 a.m. with the group busy preparing breakfasts—avocado and tomato on toast for Ella, French toast for Orson and Theodora—everyone already in bathing suits and raring to head down to the beach. The dress code is relaxed, to the extreme. “My sister is topless all the time,” laments Alexandra. “She has the long hair to cover herself, but I’m like, ‘Come on, Theo, it’s just too early!’ ”

While Alexandra, Theodora, and Ella play tennis or badminton, Angela and her partner, Graham Whitney, may take the younger kids sailing on the Sunfish; Patti and Lucie might do yoga or get a massage. Keith likes to spend time with his grandchildren. Patti says he has “grown into” the babies but that “he really loves when he can chat with the kids and introduce them to books and reading.” As for game time, Patti wins at Scrabble, and Keith is the reigning dominoes champion—though Orson has been threatening his grandfather’s winning streak. “He’s been killing it lately!” says Alexandra.

The resort that runs the island provides welcome amenities like baby-sitters and fresh Thai cuisine (although Patti packs bangers and mash for Keith and the kids: “Keith is not a Thai-food guy; he’s really a meat-and-potatoes guy”).

At the end of each day the group assembles around the fire pit, where Keith mans the flames, and, yes, marshmallows are roasted. “We go down there and play guitar and sing songs, and it sounds straight out of a musical, but it’s awesome,” says Theodora. “Everyone has different renditions of Everly Brothers songs, and I think that Alexandra might have sung us some AC/DC—a very interesting version of AC/DC.”

A blissful schedule, according to Theodora. “You lose the sense of time,” she says. “There’re no clocks, there’re no dates; it’s almost like a weird Groundhog Day situation, but a wonderful day to have over and over again.”

Date: July 31, 2012 06:49

Vogue needs a geography lesson. Parrot Cay is not in the North Caribbean, it's in the Turks & Caicos, in the Atlantic Ocean proper.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 31, 2012 10:23

"photographed by Bruce Weber"

Aka Mr Slick, photographer of the rich and the famous. The "Jim Marshall" days are long gone, Keith has gone "bourgeois" all the way confused smiley

Too "bad" Yousuf Karsh is dead... Keith could have asked him a portrait. smoking smiley

Date: July 31, 2012 19:32

"I'll sail away and won't come back." (From MOON IS UP)

Date: August 9, 2012 03:48

dcba
Imho these pix are a bigger offense to the band's name than Mick's knighthood...
But Keith was an acquisitive snob even before the Stones. From LIFE, p. 35: "But Mum and Dad loved the council flat house. I had no choice but to bite my tongue. As a semidetached goes, it was new and well built, but it wasn't ours! I thought we deserved better. And it made me bitter. I thought of us as a noble family in exile."

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 9, 2012 04:55

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-09 05:13 by Rockman.

Date: August 9, 2012 04:57

Marlon Richards appears in a number of shots with Kate Moss
in the latest edition of LOVE magazine#8.............photos by Tim Walker [beforeyoukillusall.blogspot.com.au]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 9, 2012 05:16

Rockman
Marlon Richards appears in a number of shots with Kate Moss
in the latest edition of LOVE magazine#8.............photos by Tim Walker [beforeyoukillusall.blogspot.com.au]

Wow, those are very cool, thanks Rockman.

Date: August 9, 2012 06:04

....pleasure bloomer

ROCKMAN

Date: August 9, 2012 10:04

Now that Peter O'Toole is retiring, Marlon is adopting the O'Toole glare:

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: August 10, 2012 19:10

Marlon is a lot more interesting-looking (and attractive) as a mature man than he was in his earlier years. He has a good face for an actor.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1753
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home