Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Track Talk: Little Baby
Posted by: René ()
Date: June 25, 2012 10:05

Comments, input and alterations are very welcome!
________________________________________________________________________________

Little Baby
(Willie Dixon)

EMI Toshiba Building Studios, Tokyo, Japan, March 3 - 5, 1995

Mick Jagger - vocals, acoustic guitar
Keith Richards - electric guitar
Charlie Watts - drums
Ron Wood - electric guitar
Darryl Jones - bass
Chuck Leavell - keyboards

You go and I'll come with you little baby, you go and I'll go with you little baby
You go and I'll come with you, you bet your life that I'll walk with you
You go and I'll come with you little baby

You go to court and I'll come along
You go to jail and I'll get your bond
You got time tell you what I'll do
I'll stay outside and wait for you

You go and I'll come with you little baby, you go and I'll go with you little baby

You go to church and I'll go there too
You go to work tell you what I'll do
You get paid and I'll hold the money
Be right there behind you honey

You go and I'll come with you little baby, alright, yeah

Yeah, you get the fare I'll go the show
You bet the horses and I'll pick up the dough
You work hard and it hurt my pride
I'll be there right by your side

Little baby, little baby, little baby, little baby, little baby, little baby…

Produced by Don Was & The Glimmer Twins

First released on:
The Rolling Stones - “Stripped” 2LP
(Virgin Records V 2801) UK, November 13, 1995

Re: Track Talk: Little Baby
Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: June 25, 2012 10:35

This one gets my vote for the most forgettable and disposable track EVER recorded by the Stones. An utterly useless piece of filler.

Drew

Date: June 25, 2012 10:40

Nice little blues tune, imo. I like the drive and the very Hooker-esque guitars. Sounds like a tribute to the old masters.

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: June 25, 2012 11:12

drewmaster
This one gets my vote for the most forgettable and disposable track EVER recorded by the Stones. An utterly useless piece of filler.

Drew

Good Morning!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 25, 2012 11:28

DandelionPowderman
Sounds like a tribute to the old masters.

yeah, and it sounds like they really enjoy playing it too. i love it.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: June 25, 2012 11:46

Stripped 2-LP? For 14 songs...any extra tracks?

2 1 2 0

Posted by: KeefintheNight82 ()
Date: June 25, 2012 11:53

I love this one. Wish they did more blues covers like they used to. Not a ton but one per album would be great.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: June 25, 2012 14:02

I used to sing this song for my daughter when she was still a... yes, little baby. Always stopped her crying.

Listen to Howling Wolf doing the song, like our boys probably did in the early years:

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: June 25, 2012 14:43

Great little blues cover!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 25, 2012 14:58

Geat song, great album. Though I was hoping for the standard concert cd at the time, I was very pleased with the direction they took with this one. Very creative, and I love the cover picture. Four badassess !!!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 25, 2012 16:20

Wow! A great cover done to honor the blues. What's not to like? Great riffing by both Ronnie and Keith, fantastic drumming by Charlie, and Mick sings his soul on this one. Fantastic and gave fans hope they still had the blues in them... Would have fit nicely on Rolling Stones Now! And could be a template for a blues cover album.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 25, 2012 16:35

the stones used to be so good at putting a personal spin on the blues. here's another example (back of my hand is another) where they've just mailed it in...nothing of interest or note whatsoever. a rote exercise...

Date: June 25, 2012 16:46

Posted by: Denny ()
Date: June 25, 2012 16:47

I love this track, a great addition to the reworked classics on Stripped. Willie Dixon's blues often have a special quality to them, a playfulness in both lyrics and music. I think the Stones capture this in their breezy, swinging performance. Goes down well with me every time I listen to it!

Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: June 25, 2012 16:48

drewmaster

Funny. That's pretty much my feeling on the rest of the album. The takes on "Not Fade Away" and especially, "Wild Horses" justified themselves--just barely. Everything else ranged from pointless to embarrassing ("Let It Bleed," "Dead Flowers"). I mean, why re-do acoustic songs in an acoustic setting? Can you imagine if they'd tried "Gimme Shelter," Midnight Rambler," and, say, a spooky campfire singalong of "Miss You?"

Anyway, in the midst of a good idea-gone-wrong and Don Was's beyond-lame production, I thought "Little Baby" was pretty much the only thing the album had going for it. Cool cover, with a wonderful swing to it. Seems casual and off-handed in the best way possible.

Date: June 25, 2012 16:58

Rev. Robert W.

Funny. That's pretty much my feeling on the rest of the album. The takes on "Not Fade Away" and especially, "Wild Horses" justified themselves--just barely. Everything else ranged from pointless to embarrassing ("Let It Bleed," "Dead Flowers"). I mean, why re-do acoustic songs in an acoustic setting? Can you imagine if they'd tried "Gimme Shelter," Midnight Rambler," and, say, a spooky campfire singalong of "Miss You?"

Anyway, in the midst of a good idea-gone-wrong and Don Was's beyond-lame production, I thought "Little Baby" was pretty much the only thing the album had going for it. Cool cover, with a wonderful swing to it. Seems casual and off-handed in the best way possible.

Agree with you on all except the last part, Rev. IMO the only shining track on this otherwise entirely-forgettable disc is Corrina. Love that duet between Mick and Taj!!

Drew

Date: June 25, 2012 17:01

drewmaster
Rev. Robert W.

Agree with you on all except the last part, Rev. IMO the only shining track on this otherwise entirely-forgettable disc is Corrina. Love that duet between Mick and Taj!!

Drew

but...but....

Date: June 25, 2012 17:01

drewmaster
Rev. Robert W.

Drew

I love Corinna, too, but it should be mentioned that it's not featured on Stripped smiling smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 25, 2012 17:04

really liked it
jeroen

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 25, 2012 17:04

drewmaster
Rev. Robert W.

Drew

Are you two talking about the same album? Wasn't Corinna on No Security?

Date: June 25, 2012 17:09

treaclefingers
drewmaster
Rev. Robert W.

Drew

Oooops, my mistake ... I get those later live albums mixed up ... never listen to 'em anymore!!!

Drew

Date: June 25, 2012 18:34

drewmaster
treaclefingers
drewmaster
Rev. Robert W.

Drew

Oooops, my mistake ... I get those later live albums mixed up ... never listen to 'em anymore!!!

Drew

so it's been downgraded from "otherwise entirely-forgettable" to just plain "forgettable," right? and it didn't even do anything.....

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: June 25, 2012 18:48

My fave from Stripped.

Date: June 25, 2012 19:58

I love it.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 25, 2012 20:22

Eh.

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: June 25, 2012 21:07

Love little baby, they did he's left she's right I'm wrong during same session I think, would be cool to hear

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1318
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home