Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Courtfield Road 1967 - Rai Uno TV footage translation>grinning smiley<
Posted by: fingalcrom ()
Date: June 13, 2012 17:50

Hi guys and gals,

I got a transcription done of the footage from Courtfield Road filmed by Rai Uno. I haven't put down who says what - but I think it is quite apparent when they talk. Hope you enjoy. There are a couple of words missing here and there as the translator couldn't make out what was being said. Hope it wont spoil your enjoyment.
Love
Lisa

Song: “Lady Jane”

When a little while ago you arrived at the Palladium, hundreds of girls were waiting for you, howling and crying. Does that always happen, and you are pleased?
They don't bother us, rather, on the contrary. Look, our success can be measured by them. The day they aren’t there anymore, it means the game is over.
You are the second world-dominating band of Great Britain today, (?). In the four years of your career, you have sold 26 million and 500 thousand records. Do you define yourselves as artists or only as good singers?
Yes, artists like Gingi.
Gingi, who?
Gingi, Gigli...
Well, yes, Beniamino Gigli. Why, in your opinion, weren't any musical phenomenons like yours or The Beatles born in Italy?
Anywhere in the continent, not only in Italy or in France, the musical style has not changed for 20 years. Especially in Italy, they still like the melodic style, the one my grandmother liked.
This is the first time you appear on Italian TV. Why have you always refused?
Yes, this is one of the few times that we have given an interview. We are happy that it is just for the young people's magazine.
“Very pleased for TV on “Giovani”.”
Are you optimist or pessimists for the future?
Pessimistic. Very pessimistic.
However, you have everything from life! Success, money, an average of 25 girls a day asking to get married. Why are you pessimistic? Then it is a pose.
No. We have to be so. So that we can keep the tension and be able to do anything constructive. Look, if one is an optimist, one cannot give the best of himself, because one doesn't worry. We are always at the point of falling and for this we continually have to work. Yes, together, change ourselves.
Who is the author of your songs?
No one of us in particular, and all of us at the same time. We usually sign Jagger and Richards but Brian is the one that knows music best and, in short, one cannot be distinguished by the other. We are all necessary.
And when you are not famous anymore, what will you do?
We will sell ice creams. You, but what about the others?
We would do it together, like the job we do now.
Yes, but Italians generally sell ice creams.
Then it means we will go and sell them in Italy.
Do you know any Italian singers?
No, we don't any.
Mario Lanza… Frank Sinatra
They are not Italian.
Well, almost Italian.
…when you live in Italy...
Do you know Claudio Villa?
Who? We have never heard of him. Is he beautiful at least?
No, in my opinion.
Clearly, there are no-good singers in Italy, otherwise we would have heard of them.
Ah, yes. Rita Pavone
She is a terrible singer as well.

Song: “Ruby Tuesday”

This is Brian Jones' house in Courtfield Road, very close to Hyde Park the most elegant district in London. Brian has been so kind to let us continue the interview with him, breaking the rule that forbade photographers to get into his house. Tonight he has also gathered some friends for us.
Listen Brian, I would like you to tell me, what are your projects in the future?
We will record new records here in England and then; in March, we will go for the first time to Italy on tour, then we will finally make the movie. The famous one the newspapers have been talking about for three years.
I am trying to find out what you have read since this morning. Do you want to tell us? Do you read the comic strips or Kerouac? My mother read Kerouac when she was young. Do you know Pinberg (?), Cinderella?
Is it true that The Beatles are your friends, and they financially helped you at the beginning of your career?
What a nice tale you tell us! Have you heard? Did the Liverpool Four help us?! We would help them now. Yes, what a big help they gave us. With the war they have always waged upon us. Above all as soon as we got a bit of success with our new musical genre.
… this programme “Giovani”...

Song.

Re: Courtfield Road 1967 - Rai Uno TV footage translation>grinning smiley<
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 13, 2012 18:33

Great! thumbs up

Interesting...

No one of us in particular, and all of us at the same time. We usually sign Jagger and Richards but Brian is the one that knows music best and, in short, one cannot be distinguished by the other. We are all necessary.

Who gives that reply?

Posted by: tonterapi ()
Date: June 13, 2012 18:42

His Majesty
Great! thumbs up

Interesting...

Who gives that reply?
Holy shit! smiling smiley That can't be Keith saying that...

No...it was Mick.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-13 18:45 by tonterapi.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 13, 2012 18:46

^ That makes it more meaningful. thumbs up

Posted by: fingalcrom ()
Date: June 13, 2012 19:58

Can someone show this to Keith please? LOL xtongue sticking out smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1993
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home