Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Brian Jones death - Janet Lawson's story
Posted by: Marie ()
Date: June 19, 2012 03:41

In Mandy Aftel's book Keith mentions that he knows a lot of people blame him and Anita. He is alluding to the above mentioned interview with Lewis Jones. In the same book Christopher Gibbs, without naming Brian's father, so much as said that Lewis Jones didn't know anything about the situation. Lewis Jones knew his son had some issues. In a letter to Linda Lawrence's parents he wrote about how he had fears for Brian's actions as he knew how "terribly depressed and introspective he can be". Keith (in an interview with Aftel from the 1970s) told Aftel that Brian would sit up for two days and two nights writing and rewriting letters to his parents. Keith said Brian couldn't communicate with them. It's possible Brian's father was wanting to put the blame on others without accepting any himself. That probably came later though.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 19, 2012 09:34

Whitewash, well I think it's more of a personal memory as a reaction to the way he dissappeared from the public eye in 1968 after the partly bad rap in 1967 following the trial which was a reaction to the lil innoncent Brian of 1964.

Date: June 19, 2012 09:49

The father's words about Brian and Anita sounds right and it's true he went from taking drugs yawning smiley to taking much larger amounts and trying to kill himself with drugs. The amounts he took to numb out totally and not having to deal with the new very real life he had to survive. A similar but younger, more desperate and less controlled version of what Keith did in silence after Tara died.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-19 20:43 by Redhotcarpet.

Date: June 19, 2012 20:43

His Majesty
Redhotcarpet
That's how he was and that lifestyle and personality is what created the Stones and the Stones way of life.

>grinning smiley<

Date: June 19, 2012 20:49

24FPS
Brian got the same Darwinian logic applied to him that was applied to Stu, and attempted on Bill. Stu wasn't good looking enough, goodbye. Bill wasn't quite right, so, me, Brian, I'll just try and learn the bass and we'll be rid of 'Ernie'.

Flash forward to 1969, Brian can't perform up to snuff. Looks like hell. Can't get his shit together. Bye. Nevermind the personal animosities built up since 1962 between Brian and every member of the band, this was plain and simple. Brian Jones couldn't cut it anymore.

thumbs up But this management by Darwin is a selective one. It excludes Mick and Keith although it almost includes No 2. Keith that is. I guess Keith has felt this all these years, that Mick can leave whenever he feels like it and go solo. I sort of see Keiths actions and choices while Brian was alive and later when Taylor became Mick's cowriter as part of this Darwian strategy in the Rolling Stones. Kick em out before they drag you down or push YOU out.

And in came Ronnie the puppy.

Date: June 19, 2012 21:05

mickschix
I'm not sure " ALL OF THOSE BUSTS" would have happened if Brian hadn't been so careless. ( well, Keith too for that matter. I'm not sure what you saw as productive in Brian during " One Plus One", the parts I recall clearly show a wastd Brian...so ok, not 100% of the time, but a lot of the time in the studio.

Yeah but the band woould not have happened hadnt Brian Jones of Cheltenham been a ruthless cool cruel boy on the run. Michael Philip Jagger would have said bye to Keith and moved into a student dorm. Keith would have returned to Doris's kitchen with the guitar. And he would have been the best goddamn rhythm rock n roll guitar player in London. So, he would have been picked by Eric. And when Eric left that band he would have continued. And later on he would have joined Eric again for a while after Page left. And Hendrix would have jammed with him. And Keith would have tried Jimi's smack. And then ladies and gentlemen Keith would have opened up that Pandora and recorded that late 60s obscure masterpiece called "Shelter street", a record that meant everything to everyone who was there. A masterpiece that young guitarplayers today still hold high. An important record with much bigger impact that Keith never knew during his short but striking lifetime.

Michael Philip Jagger of London, assistant of the MP remembers: Yes, Keith Richard was a friend of mine. We knew eachother quite well at the time and then we grew apart. I didnt hear form him except the odd phone call or letter. I kept those letters and read them again when I heard of his record "Gimme Exile" (sic). He was a funny fellow, one of a kind. I guess he got mixed up with drugs, if indeed he was, like many of us take to drinks.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 20, 2012 11:52

Marie
In Mandy Aftel's book Keith mentions that he knows a lot of people blame him and Anita. He is alluding to the above mentioned interview with Lewis Jones. In the same book Christopher Gibbs, without naming Brian's father, so much as said that Lewis Jones didn't know anything about the situation. Lewis Jones knew his son had some issues. In a letter to Linda Lawrence's parents he wrote about how he had fears for Brian's actions as he knew how "terribly depressed and introspective he can be". Keith (in an interview with Aftel from the 1970s) told Aftel that Brian would sit up for two days and two nights writing and rewriting letters to his parents. Keith said Brian couldn't communicate with them. It's possible Brian's father was wanting to put the blame on others without accepting any himself. That probably came later though.

When people come into money and fame quickly, they often lose touch with reality. Apart from his early sexual escapades, there is no record of Brian's behaviour being too different from the norm until the RS took off. The crazy spending (buying buses, etc), beating women, and reckless drug use all came later.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 20, 2012 12:23

Redhotcarpet
mickschix
I'm not sure " ALL OF THOSE BUSTS" would have happened if Brian hadn't been so careless. ( well, Keith too for that matter. I'm not sure what you saw as productive in Brian during " One Plus One", the parts I recall clearly show a wastd Brian...so ok, not 100% of the time, but a lot of the time in the studio.

Yeah but the band woould not have happened hadnt Brian Jones of Cheltenham been a ruthless cool cruel boy on the run. Michael Philip Jagger would have said bye to Keith and moved into a student dorm. Keith would have returned to Doris's kitchen with the guitar. And he would have been the best goddamn rhythm rock n roll guitar player in London. So, he would have been picked by Eric. And when Eric left that band he would have continued. And later on he would have joined Eric again for a while after Page left. And Hendrix would have jammed with him. And Keith would have tried Jimi's smack. And then ladies and gentlemen Keith would have opened up that Pandora and recorded that late 60s obscure masterpiece called "Shelter street", a record that meant everything to everyone who was there. A masterpiece that young guitarplayers today still hold high. An important record with much bigger impact that Keith never knew during his short but striking lifetime.

Michael Philip Jagger of London, assistant of the MP remembers: Yes, Keith Richard was a friend of mine. We knew eachother quite well at the time and then we grew apart. I didnt hear form him except the odd phone call or letter. I kept those letters and read them again when I heard of his record "Gimme Exile" (sic). He was a funny fellow, one of a kind. I guess he got mixed up with drugs, if indeed he was, like many of us take to drinks.

Excellent!grinning smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: Marie ()
Date: June 20, 2012 18:02

Bliss
Marie

When people come into money and fame quickly, they often lose touch with reality. Apart from his early sexual escapades, there is no record of Brian's behaviour being too different from the norm until the RS took off. The crazy spending (buying buses, etc), beating women, and reckless drug use all came later.

Fame, money and lots and lots of drugs. Just because there is no record doesn't mean there wasn't problems.

Date: June 20, 2012 20:24

Marie
Bliss
Marie

Fame, money and lots and lots of drugs. Just because there is no record doesn't mean there wasn't problems.

Oh, I am sure Brian was not your average schoolboy. But until he got the 14 year old pregnant, he was under the radar. And there doesn't appear to have been anything that got him in trouble with the law, which you might expect, given his later history. I am thinking that if he hadn't become suddenly rich and famous, he might have been (more) normal.

Posted by: sizey ()
Date: June 21, 2012 13:43

Brian's sloppy behaviour was easy meat for the likes of Norman Pilcher to exploit. It's important to stress that the public embarrassment of the News of the World over Redlands led them to tip off police at every opportunity. Even in the the 1960s the paper was up to its dirty tricks - it's amazing it has taken so long to bring them to book.

Simon

Posted by: ddinc123 ()
Date: July 1, 2013 11:39

I have a slight problem with the Janet Lawson version of events. Since when do you sack someone and then say, ok now let's have dinner and go for a swim. Oh and Janet I'll need my inhaler because I can't breath very well while I am horse-playing in the pool with the guy I just sacked. Could you please go inside and make sure you don't see me sink to the bottom while I'm waiting for my inhaler.

Oh wait a minute, maybe I have read this all wrong, maybe he was sacked during dinner and then they went for a swim. Hmmmm no, that doesn't really work to well either.

I've got it. He must have sacked him after dinner while they were swimming because he didn't like horse-play.

And maybe Natalie Wood fell off her yacht too!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-01 12:25 by ddinc123.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: July 1, 2013 16:58

ddinc123
I have a slight problem with the Janet Lawson version of events. Since when do you sack someone and then say, ok now let's have dinner and go for a swim. Oh and Janet I'll need my inhaler because I can't breath very well while I am horse-playing in the pool with the guy I just sacked. Could you please go inside and make sure you don't see me sink to the bottom while I'm waiting for my inhaler.

Oh wait a minute, maybe I have read this all wrong, maybe he was sacked during dinner and then they went for a swim. Hmmmm no, that doesn't really work to well either.

I've got it. He must have sacked him after dinner while they were swimming because he didn't like horse-play.

And maybe Natalie Wood fell off her yacht too!

Hey, I think your on to something here! It's about time we get to the bottom of this....

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 1, 2013 19:19

I just read a Keith interview where he came out and said he suspected Frank killed Brian, although it may have started out horse-play. He thought Frank was capable of pushing Brians' head under the water....and got carried away....

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: July 6, 2013 06:20

I could be way off here but it strikes me that the only person involved with a reportedly truely criminal nature in all this, was Tom Keylock himself. His alledgedly having been the only one F.Thorogood confessed to, on his deathbed no less seems a bit suspicious, like why was he with F.T. at a time like that in the first place, for one thing? I don't know but I think Tom Keylock knew a hell of a lot more than he ever let on, and now that their all dead I'm sure we'll never really know for sure.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 6, 2013 06:34

In Glarben Martin's tome on the undersizing of pancakes in the Sudan, it was noted that any opinion on the death of Brian Jones is a complete waste of gerbil farts.

Posted by: BeautifulBuzz ()
Date: July 6, 2013 07:32

Rolling Stones Brian Jones' lover Anna Wohlin claims he was killed in scuffle with minder

[www.mirror.co.uk]

Date: July 6, 2013 11:16

BeautifulBuzz
Rolling Stones Brian Jones' lover Anna Wohlin claims he was killed in scuffle with minder

[www.mirror.co.uk]

She says nothing definitive. It's almost Spinal Tappish when she said she was pregnant with Brian's child. She was there and she can't be sure Brian was murdered. This story fizzled out a long, long time ago.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 6, 2013 11:44

24FPS
BeautifulBuzz

[www.mirror.co.uk]

She says nothing definitive. It's almost Spinal Tappish when she said she was pregnant with Brian's child. She was there and she can't be sure Brian was murdered. This story fizzled out a long, long time ago.

She was there (meaning at Cotchford Farm), but she never said she was at the scene, as in there at the pool while it was taking place.

It's really more a matter of, now Tom Keylock's dead at last, she's a little less fearful about speaking--wouldn't you be if one of your silencers were finally out of the picture?

Anna Wohlin with Tom Keylock's partner in crime.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-06 22:41 by stonehearted.

Date: July 6, 2013 19:46

stonehearted
24FPS
BeautifulBuzz

[www.mirror.co.uk]

She was there (meaning at Cotchford Farm), but she never said she was at the scene, as in there at the pool while it was taking place.

It's really more a matter of, now Tom Keylock's dead at last, she's a little less fearful about speaking--wouldn't you be if one of your silencers were finally out of the picture?

The problem is that there's nothing to silence. She witnessed nothing. It was mildly interesting to hear what Brian's mental state was around the time of 'the incident', but she really had nothing else to offer. Her perceptions of how the Rolling Stones office treated her are subjective and lost in the mists of time. I think everyone involved was shocked.

Brian drowned. There's never been any proof that he was forcibly drowned. I don't remember there being any proof of physical violence to his body. Maybe something happened that falls very far from murder. Three and a half pints of beer in his system? Possibly sleeping pills. A heated pool. Maybe there was horseplay and Brian succumbed very easily. The continuing interest in this is what I don't get. And now there's no one alive who was on the scene when it happened to provide any new testimony. It's a closed case.

Date: July 6, 2013 22:28

24FPS
stonehearted
24FPS
BeautifulBuzz

[www.mirror.co.uk]

The problem is that there's nothing to silence. She witnessed nothing. It was mildly interesting to hear what Brian's mental state was around the time of 'the incident', but she really had nothing else to offer. Her perceptions of how the Rolling Stones office treated her are subjective and lost in the mists of time. I think everyone involved was shocked.

Brian drowned. There's never been any proof that he was forcibly drowned. I don't remember there being any proof of physical violence to his body. Maybe something happened that falls very far from murder. Three and a half pints of beer in his system? Possibly sleeping pills. A heated pool. Maybe there was horseplay and Brian succumbed very easily. The continuing interest in this is what I don't get. And now there's no one alive who was on the scene when it happened to provide any new testimony. It's a closed case.

The thing was, Anna was spirited out of the country very fast, not exactly willingly. Second, Brian's house was stripped of all its' valuables shortly after. Third, Tom Keylock was seen to be having a big bonfire with some of Brian's things. All of this indicates there may have been more than simple drowning, but the more extreme theories, eg, Mick and Keith took out a contract on Brian over a dispute over the RS name, are highly unlikely.

Date: July 6, 2013 22:45

Bliss
24FPS
stonehearted
24FPS
BeautifulBuzz

[www.mirror.co.uk]

Anna Wohlin with Tom Keylock's partner in crime.

The thing was, Anna was spirited out of the country very fast, not exactly willingly. Second, Brian's house was stripped of all its' valuables shortly after. Third, Tom Keylock was seen to be having a big bonfire with some of Brian's things. All of this indicates there may have been more than simple drowning, but the more extreme theories, eg, Mick and Keith took out a contract on Brian over a dispute over the RS name, are highly unlikely.

Another element to indicate there is more to this case than what has been officially reported is the existence of classified government documents that can only be released after 70 years or so because certain information "could cause irreparable harm to the reputation of one or more living persons".

Date: July 7, 2013 00:02

stonehearted
Bliss
24FPS
stonehearted
24FPS
BeautifulBuzz

[www.mirror.co.uk]

Another element to indicate there is more to this case than what has been officially reported is the existence of classified government documents that can only be released after 70 years or so because certain information "could cause irreparable harm to the reputation of one or more living persons".

Was that one of the finding's of Trevor Hobley a few years ago?

Any idea where the "Three and a half pints of beer in his system" came from? In Mandy Aftel's book, "Death Of A Rolling Stone", she states that Frank and Brian drank almost an entire bottle of Brandy, 2/3 of a bottle of Vodka, 1/2 bottle of Whiskey and some wine (He was already drinking with Janet before going to to get Frank from the apartment above the garage). Also stated that Brian may have taken sleeping pills. Sure seems like a lot was consumed in a short amount of time...

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: July 7, 2013 11:57

more nonsense, daily mail article about keith pulling a knife on brian "hours before he died"

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

daily mail says this is "new", not sure if it is, but passing it along

Date: July 7, 2013 17:51

sonomastone
more nonsense, daily mail article about keith pulling a knife on brian "hours before he died"

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Thanks. The most important words are 'the unsubstantiated claims'. And even if such an act took place, it's a sidebar, with no known relation to the death. And how can it be "hours before he died" if they allegedly visited him in the morning? That's a pretty liberal application of "hours".

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: July 7, 2013 22:26

sonomastone

The correct phrasing is "showed him the blade".

Date: July 7, 2013 23:14

sonomastone

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

It is not new. Mention of this alleged incident was made in the Terry Rawlings book.

Date: July 7, 2013 23:20

I read the story in the Mail as regards Keith pulling a knife. Well, I thought it was an extraordinary revelation to come out with now. Frank Thorogood's family have been quizzed many times before and never once has this been revealed - has someone got a book coming out?

Am I one of the few who believe Brian never drowned in the swimming pool? As I know, Brian's pool was continually hot and full of chlorine. Note: No presence of chlorine in the death certificate - just "fresh water".

[thehistoryofrockmusic.com]

Date: July 8, 2013 00:18

sizey
I read the story in the Mail as regards Keith pulling a knife. Well, I thought it was an extraordinary revelation to come out with now. Frank Thorogood's family have been quizzed many times before and never once has this been revealed - has someone got a book coming out?

Am I one of the few who believe Brian never drowned in the swimming pool? As I know, Brian's pool was continually hot and full of chlorine. Note: No presence of chlorine in the death certificate - just "fresh water".

[thehistoryofrockmusic.com]

So do you think he drowned somewhere else or did not drown at all? The death certificate states he drowned in fresh water (I guess Brian's pool was a fresh water pool and not a salt water pool)!

Date: July 8, 2013 00:34

I do LYFH - there's a few others out there who have a hunch on that. Thorogood might even turn out to be the least suspect of those who were there that night.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2516
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home