Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Brian Jones death - Janet Lawson's story
Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 10, 2013 10:29

His Majesty
More on the Jones estate...

[members7.boardhost.com]

"It went like this: London sollicitor Clive Berger handled the Brian Jones estate in May 1970. Brian's parents liked the way he handled it and Clive Berger remained in charge of the estate for about 15 years. Due to air play royalties the money went coming in in the seventies, although not in that big numbers. Brian didn't write them, he played on them. That's u huge diference. Lewis Jones thought it to be an appropriate thing to pay all the people Brian owned money to. In the eighties the BJ estate went to another firm when Clive Berger merged several time with other sollicitor's firms. So paying the Hartfield butcher and the grocer after all that time was just a matter of decency displayed by Brian's parents."

[members7.boardhost.com]

"i have been researching this issue at great lengths.

Brian's parents were alive back in 2008 when a priest who knew them both served as a liaison. I honestly don't know about the current situation.

Almost everything Brian bought was charged on a special Stones account handled by Fred Trowbridge. The butcher who had his money refunded had the steaks ordered by Tom Keylock. Dave Gibson can account for this. When Brian died the account was frozen until May 1970. After the estate was settled there was a huge debt that slowly turned into a small fortune at the end of the seventies, still looked after by Clive Berger.

The BJ estate still exists and his family is first in line, according to English law. very curious is this: in 2002/2003 the English organisation that collects and distributes UK air play royalties had lost track of the BJ estate. They got in touch with me becasue they have professional reseachers who look behind every tree in the whole world to find people who are entitled to royalties. but they could't find the BJ estate! They had a small amount of UK airplay royalties in stock but couldn't pay this to the right party. I advised them to get in touch with Brian's sister, which they did. We are not talking fortunes here."

Clive Berger being active for Brian's for 15 years, is incorrect. He still worked for them in 2004 (and so quite likely even still after that)!

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: July 12, 2013 16:38

georgie48
His Majesty
More on the Jones estate...

[members7.boardhost.com]

"It went like this: London sollicitor Clive Berger handled the Brian Jones estate in May 1970. Brian's parents liked the way he handled it and Clive Berger remained in charge of the estate for about 15 years. Due to air play royalties the money went coming in in the seventies, although not in that big numbers. Brian didn't write them, he played on them. That's u huge diference. Lewis Jones thought it to be an appropriate thing to pay all the people Brian owned money to. In the eighties the BJ estate went to another firm when Clive Berger merged several time with other sollicitor's firms. So paying the Hartfield butcher and the grocer after all that time was just a matter of decency displayed by Brian's parents."

[members7.boardhost.com]

"i have been researching this issue at great lengths.

Brian's parents were alive back in 2008 when a priest who knew them both served as a liaison. I honestly don't know about the current situation.

Almost everything Brian bought was charged on a special Stones account handled by Fred Trowbridge. The butcher who had his money refunded had the steaks ordered by Tom Keylock. Dave Gibson can account for this. When Brian died the account was frozen until May 1970. After the estate was settled there was a huge debt that slowly turned into a small fortune at the end of the seventies, still looked after by Clive Berger.

The BJ estate still exists and his family is first in line, according to English law. very curious is this: in 2002/2003 the English organisation that collects and distributes UK air play royalties had lost track of the BJ estate. They got in touch with me becasue they have professional reseachers who look behind every tree in the whole world to find people who are entitled to royalties. but they could't find the BJ estate! They had a small amount of UK airplay royalties in stock but couldn't pay this to the right party. I advised them to get in touch with Brian's sister, which they did. We are not talking fortunes here."

Clive Berger being active for Brian's for 15 years, is incorrect. He still worked for them in 2004 (and so quite likely even still after that)!

That's interesting, could you share how you came about this and anything further on the subject...

Posted by: sizey ()
Date: July 21, 2013 18:09

Just found this picture from Brian's funeral. If I am not mistaken, is that not Frank Thorogood and several of his builders who are present?

[i408.photobucket.com]

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 21, 2013 18:23

sizey
Just found this picture from Brian's funeral. If I am not mistaken, is that not Frank Thorogood and several of his builders who are present?

[i408.photobucket.com]

It is.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1999
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home