Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Ronnie Wood: I am keeping October/November free
Posted by: mandrax1972 ()
Date: May 21, 2012 20:41

Re: Ronnie Wood: I am keeping October/November free new
Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: May 18, 2012 04:44

as much as i love the stones,no record,im not going to a show,if there gonna tour and want die hard fans money,they owe us an album(1 in 15 years)just dont cut it.

New album? careful what you wish for

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: May 23, 2012 09:21

DandelionPowderman
Thommie
Most of us would love a last tour and are crossing our fingers for that.
But to me it seems that touring at the end of the year is out of question. In that case they have to start rehearsing this summer which doesn't seem to be possible.
Can we possibly, possibly hope for rehearseals in October/November? If theese work out well, can we hope for some gigs 2013?
But do they even dare to start selling tickets before rehearsals?

Er, they've already started rehearsing.

Er, any news from the rehearsings yetcool smiley?

Date: May 23, 2012 17:16

Thommie
DandelionPowderman
Thommie
But to me it seems that touring at the end of the year is out of question. In that case they have to start rehearsing this summer which doesn't seem to be possible.
Can we possibly, possibly hope for rehearseals in October/November? If theese work out well, can we hope for some gigs 2013?

Er, they've already started rehearsing.

Er, any news from the rehearsings yetcool smiley?

No public news from the rehearsals. In fact, I've never heard public news from ANY rehearsals they've had during their 50 years existence winking smiley

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: May 24, 2012 01:34

Thommie

I'll second that of Thommie. Rehearsals are much more likely than a tour.

The press came up with 'tour' and 'gigs' - Ronnie just said he'ld keep his schedule free for the fall of this year. That could mean anything. Hopefully rehearsals and new stuf. Tour in 2013...

cheers,
waterrats

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: May 25, 2012 16:28

Two months of rehearsals seems a reasonable period of time to blast off several years of gig rust.

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: May 27, 2012 04:02

I'll just throw what I've heard into the mix:

The rehersals in New Jersey didn't go so well....

Keith is having complications from the head injury...

I'm not sure if Bernard is keeping the fall months open, but Tim Ries is booked through December touring with Rufus Wainwright.

Date: May 27, 2012 05:14

little queenie

I'm not sure if Bernard is keeping the fall months open, but Tim Ries is booked through December touring with Rufus Wainwright.

If this is true then all the more reason to spend their last days in the studio hammering out a new album. Wouldn't want them to embarrass themselves, now would we.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 27, 2012 10:43

little queenie
what I've heard

From whom ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: May 27, 2012 10:45

MightyStonesStillRollin50
If this is true ....

Indeed ... if

-------------------

Posted by: rogue ()
Date: May 27, 2012 13:26

There might be some more rehearsal and time together in the fall but there won't be a tour or a a few gigs. This is more subterfuge to keep the fans on the hook. They are trawling us back to the dock slowly to ease us into the reality that the trip will soon be over.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: May 29, 2012 00:53

Rolling Hansie
little queenie
what I've heard

From whom ?

i can't name names!

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: May 29, 2012 04:07

When is the doco due ? July ?

Date: May 29, 2012 15:29

little queenie

Rolling Stone Magazine is obviously not your source here winking smiley

Date: May 29, 2012 17:44

little queenie
Tim Ries is booked through December touring with Rufus Wainwright.

And he will cancel that gig without having to think for a second when the Stones ask for him.

-------------------

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: May 29, 2012 18:42

little queenie

If this is true then all the more reason to spend their last days in the studio hammering out a new album. Wouldn't want them to embarrass themselves, now would we.
If the band sucked in rehearsals then why the hell would they work on a new album? If Keith can't play then why the hell would they work on a new album? There's only so much you can fix with Pro Tools...

Date: May 30, 2012 00:23

GumbootCloggeroo
little queenie

If the band sucked in rehearsals then why the hell would they work on a new album? If Keith can't play then why the hell would they work on a new album? There's only so much you can fix with Pro Tools...

A lot more can be "doctored up" in the studio than can be on stage in front of a live audience. They could simply have someone else play Keith's parts if it came right down to it and the public would never know.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 30, 2012 01:33

little queenie
Tim Ries is booked through December touring with Rufus Wainwright.

Damn. Well there goes a new Stones tour. Ah well. We were close.

Date: May 30, 2012 04:44

GumbootCloggeroo
little queenie

A lot more can be "doctored up" in the studio than can be on stage in front of a live audience. They could simply have someone else play Keith's parts if it came right down to it and the public would never know.

You forget the Stones' hidden gem - the roadies that overdubbed for The Biggest Bang.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 30, 2012 08:24

of all the threads on this forum, I`m sort of wondering why Ronnie keeping oct and nov open would deserve `sticky` status

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 30, 2012 09:49

Well, it was hot (or maybe warm-ish) news at the time, but yeah, it's cooled down now. My five minutes of fame as the OP of a Sticky thread are nearly over (sigh!)

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 30, 2012 19:03

I'm keeping October/Npbember free as well. For more Bruce Springsteen shows!

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: May 30, 2012 19:18

Ronnie and Rod were out and aboot May 29 at the Women of the Year do.

see pic at link: [www.dailymail.co.uk]

[i.telegraph.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-30 19:24 by tumbled.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: May 30, 2012 22:09

I will weigh in as an MD here again. I want to remind everyone that we were at the end and needed to start buying black crepe for Charlie a few years back. Then we were through because Mick had a back problem. Of course Ron was going to OD/pickle his brain with alcohol/die in a fire lighting a cigarette while wearing oxygen tubes for his chronic lung disease.

Keith's brain injury by all accounts and descriptions was a subdural hematoma. While an intracranial injury, it is technically not a brain injury. Countless people survive these wonderfully, some are not even diagosed until much later, and many do not even get operated on, though those that do usally do very well. Strange how the fall did not prevent the second half of ABB, movie cameos, the man has spoken in public and written a book.

That all said , Keiths appearence for just those few seconds on the Facebook thank you video scared me. Now I do not have his charts, his blood tests, any scan, or anything other than a gut level feeling that has been growing.This feeling is based on 30 years as an MD, after which ypu begin to recognize commonality in health problems Even in pics of the last few years, Keith has grown a bit of a paunch while his arms and legs seem to be getting skinny, and while we want to brag and say its cool he is comfrotable with his looks, I have seen this look over and over again. While I am sure the head injury did him no favors, and I really want to be wrong, Keith appears to be at this point as an unapologetic man in his late 60's who continues to drink heavily depite all the signs of what his alcoholism is doing to him. We as fans just do not want to deal with the fact that our Rock God Icon could fall to the excesses of self abuse for which he is partially famous. I would not be surprised if the rehearsals did not go well, but I think we should be honest with ourselves, even if Keith is not honest with us, IF THERE IS a health problem, it is 50 years of subtsance abuse.

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: May 30, 2012 22:14

Well, i also want to weigh in as an MD.

Deeploma? I don't need no steenking deeploma...

Keith, May 5, Conn charity event, via Shidoobee, looking fantastic...

Date: May 30, 2012 22:25

Very nice picture superrevvy, thanks

-------------------

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: May 30, 2012 22:32

My goodness , he does look healthy and great there! I have to agree, certainly better than the videos of him playing at the Sumlin event, or with Elvis Costello: cleaned hair combed, ruddy skinned, bright smile. And his wife looks absolutely radiant for a woman who has gone through an ordeal with cancer. But then again, I did close by saying "IF THERE IS" a health problem. I have no idea if there is, but I stick by what I say...IF THERE IS one I think it is just silly to blame a bump on the head and not several quarts of hard liquor per week as well as "booze and pills and powders" for 5 decades. Thanks for that picture, it helps restore a bit of faith in the miracle that is Keith Richards.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-30 23:55 by kahoosier.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 31, 2012 09:16

sweetcharmedlife
I'm keeping October/Npbember free as well. For more Bruce Springsteen shows!

I'm keeping it open for some early christmas shopping. I like being organized about these types of things.

Date: May 31, 2012 14:48

kahoosier
My goodness , he does look healthy and great there! I have to agree, certainly better than the videos of him playing at the Sumlin event, or with Elvis Costello: cleaned hair combed, ruddy skinned, bright smile. And his wife looks absolutely radiant for a woman who has gone through an ordeal with cancer. But then again, I did close by saying "IF THERE IS" a health problem. I have no idea if there is, but I stick by what I say...IF THERE IS one I think it is just silly to blame a bump on the head and not several quarts of hard liquor per week as well as "booze and pills and powders" for 5 decades. Thanks for that picture, it helps restore a bit of faith in the miracle that is Keith Richards.

Don't get fooled by the light in that rehearsal room, kahoosier winking smiley

Good to have you back on board, btw!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 31, 2012 16:52

kahoosier
And much better than in 2005-2007 with his mustache - at that time he looked like somehow on the way down in the drain. Now he looke like a healthy midage man.

Date: May 31, 2012 16:58

mtaylor
kahoosier
And much better than in 2005-2007 with his mustache - at that time he looked like somehow on the way down in the drain. Now he looke like a healthy midage man.

The mustache came in the beginning of the first 2007 Euro-leg. Luckily, he lost that quickly smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1015
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home