Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Ronnie Wood: I am keeping October/November free
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 16, 2012 09:30

"Ronnie Wood Rolls Out Stones Gig Dates"

Well, it's Ronnie. And it's the Sun. So how much credibility this has is anybody's guess. But for what it's worth... (and this is recent, the Sony Awards were on Monday 14th. By all accounts this is usually quite some party - the Sun's reporter has probably only just got over his hangover!)

[www.thesun.co.uk]

RONNIE Wood is brilliant to get chatting to at awards shows – he really tells it like it is.

At Monday night’s Sony Radio Awards he hinted that The Rolling Stones could be back on the road by the end of this year.

Speaking at the event, where he presented an award, rocker Ronnie said: “It looks like we are going to be doing more stuff.

“I am keeping October/November free, that’s what I’ve been told. I’m just awaiting more information.”

Ronnie has also been back in the studio with bandmates Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Charlie Watts.

But don’t expect any new Stones stuff. He added: “New ones? Are you joking? We are familiarising ourselves with our back catalogue and have only scratched the surface.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-16 14:29 by bv.

Ronnie Wood ;“I am keeping October/November free'
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: May 16, 2012 09:42

RONNIE Wood is brilliant to get chatting to at awards shows – he really tells it like it is.
At Monday night’s Sony Radio Awards he hinted that The Rolling Stones could be back on the road by the end of this year.

Speaking at the event, where he presented an award, rocker Ronnie said: “It looks like we are going to be doing more stuff.

“I am keeping October/November free, that’s what I’ve been told. I’m just awaiting more information.”

Ronnie has also been back in the studio with bandmates Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Charlie Watts.

But don’t expect any new Stones stuff. He added: “New ones? Are you joking? We are familiarising ourselves with our back catalogue and have only scratched the surface.”

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Re: Ronnie Wood ;“I am keeping October/November free'
Date: May 16, 2012 09:51

Great News! Thanks for posting this.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 16, 2012 09:57

Lien

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Seems Ronnie gets the news from Mick on a 'need to know basis'.

Avoids 'misunderstandings' in terms of what Ronnie invariably spills to the press.

What this probably actually means is that the Stones are going to be touring BEFORE or AFTER october/november, and that Mick and Keith have recorded most of the new album already, and will bring in Ron for his parts after the album's release date is already announced.

Date: May 16, 2012 10:03

I KNEW I should have given this its own thread instead of being a good little girl and adding it to the sticky...

Oh well, I claim my scoop (by all of 12 minutes!)

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: May 16, 2012 10:12

Green Lady
I KNEW I should have given this its own thread instead of being a good little girl and adding it to the sticky...

[www.iorr.org]

Oeps,..it's your scoop Green Lady !!!winking smiley

Date: May 16, 2012 10:16

Lien
Green Lady

[www.iorr.org]

Oeps,..it's your scoop Green Lady !!!winking smiley

Only joking! The eagle eyes of iorr are everywhere - nothing escapes us for long!

Date: May 16, 2012 10:17

there you have....same old war horses for a whole lotta $$$$

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 16, 2012 10:27

Probably the first article ever excerpted from The Sun that was taken with no questions asked.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 16, 2012 11:03

This news is great...but seems to be at odds with what Rogue posted yesterday...he has'inside' information that the Band was finished! I tend to believe Ronnie as he almost certainly has inside information >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 16, 2012 14:16

Oh dear - more from dear Ronnie! grinning smiley

Now please allow me to make a prediction:

- someone (who cares who) will host the opening SNL for the next season

- the musical guests will be remain "unannounced"

- suspense will build

- we'll all need to 'get a life' again cool smiley

- then......BINGO!, the Stones will storm the stage,Mick will make a few brief comments about the 50th/a tour of some sort/some gigs......

- and then the music will blow us all away!

Nice scenario, right?

*The reason I'm suggesting SNL again is for security reasons. It's 'contained', it reduces the mayhem for all of NYC, and it's safer for all concerned.*smoking smiley

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: May 16, 2012 14:19

Ronnie doesn´t say thre Stones will tour in october/november. He just said the Stones do something. "

“It looks like we are going to be doing more stuff.

LOOKS, "doing more stuff"... where you read tour?

Please, let´s wait. Ronnie always speaks more than he can and more than he know.

Re: Ronnie Wood: I am keeping October/November free
Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 16, 2012 14:42

No new stuff.

[www.nme.com]

This would explain the recent NYC rehearsals.

<<<However, the Faces man scotched suggestions the band would be recording new material, adding: "New ones? Are you joking? We are familiarising ourselves with our back catalogue and have only scratched the surface.">>>

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: May 16, 2012 15:26

July. Through November. Buckle up.

Date: May 16, 2012 15:38

They don't know their own back catalogue by now after playing it for all these years? Those people need serious help.

Posted by: rogue ()
Date: May 16, 2012 15:45

crumbling_mice
This news is great...but seems to be at odds with what Rogue posted yesterday...he has'inside' information that the Band was finished! I tend to believe Ronnie as he almost certainly has inside information >grinning smiley<

Yeah, and what new information do you have from Ronnie?

1) He has no firm plans for Oct or Nov

2) There won't won't be any new stuff.

This is not news because you don't have to be a functioning band to NOT put out new stuff and you don't have to even get together at all to NOT put out new stuff

He does not use the words tour, shows, recording, rehearsal or even lunch with the Stones.

This is more of the same damage control/keep the fires burning for Stones material/CD/DVD/merchandise.

Seems appropriate don't you think. Everyone on the fan boards was hoping for an SNL show. Now Ronnie has a gig in France the night before, Keith has said he won't be there and Jeff Beck's site is promoting Beck's appearance.

So Ronnie is being Ronnie. Ever the optimist and laying it out there that he has the time for the Stones. Didn't he do this last year when he urged the band to tour?

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: May 16, 2012 16:03

rogue
crumbling_mice

This is not news because you don't have to be a functioning band to NOT put out new stuff and you don't have to even get together at all to NOT put out new stuff

He does not use the words tour, shows, recording, rehearsal or even lunch with the Stones.

This is more of the same damage control/keep the fires burning for Stones material/CD/DVD/merchandise.

Seems appropriate don't you think. Everyone on the fan boards was hoping for an SNL show. Now Ronnie has a gig in France the night before, Keith has said he won't be there and Jeff Beck's site is promoting Beck's appearance.

So Ronnie is being Ronnie. Ever the optimist and laying it out there that he has the time for the Stones. Didn't he do this last year when he urged the band to tour?

I agree 100% if you. He doesn´t mention any tour/album... nothing.

Date: May 16, 2012 16:09

You know what is completely hilarious? When Dave Stewart was pimping the
SuperHeavy thing, Dave said he wanted SH to go round and run their own
festivals. LOL! And now that is exactly what the Stones are gonna do!
Thanks, Dave! Sucker!

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: May 16, 2012 16:45

Green Lady
" He added: “New ones? Are you joking? We are familiarising ourselves with our back catalogue and have only scratched the surface.”

wow sounds like rehearsals are going well.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 16, 2012 16:47

well, we knoiw Ronnies talk and big mouth.
Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope.
jeroen

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: May 16, 2012 16:49

carlostones10
rogue
crumbling_mice

I agree 100% if you. He doesn´t mention any tour/album... nothing.

Yeah, he's probably keeping those dates open just going to help his elderly friend Keith harvest his lemon tree.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 16, 2012 17:15

Ronald Wood's utterances in the past have been completely unreliable. Yet his statement that they have nothing new convinces one poster that Mick and Keith have already started to record a new album. Incredible.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 16, 2012 17:16

corriecas
well, we knoiw Ronnies talk and big mouth.
Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope.
jeroen

You just watch, Ronnie will now probably get reprimanded yet again for dropping further ambiguous hints that in the circumstances are doing nothing but continuing to fuel the rumour mill. Dear o dear

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 16, 2012 17:19

71Tele
Ronald Wood's utterances in the past have been completely unreliable. Yet his statement that they have nothing new convinces one poster that Mick and Keith have already started to record a new album. Incredible.

Not really that incredible when you read some of the clutching-at-straws fantasies touted about on here!

Date: May 16, 2012 17:20

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
They don't know their own back catalogue by now after playing it for all these years? Those people need serious help.

Maybe their relearning Gomper and In Another Land (to woo Wyman)?

Date: May 16, 2012 17:21

71Tele

Obviously my sense of sarcasm didn't come through my post. For that I humbly apologize.

Date: May 16, 2012 17:32

superrevvy
You know what is completely hilarious? When Dave Stewart was pimping the
SuperHeavy thing, Dave said he wanted SH to go round and run their own
festivals. LOL! And now that is exactly what the Stones are gonna do!
Thanks, Dave! Sucker!

This is Triumph the Insult Comic Dog with Dave Stewart, who perhaps achieved
a career zenith as the butt boy for Annie Lennox, before moving on to become
the butt boy for such immortal superstars as Bob Dylan and Mick Jagger. And now
at last Dave has struck out on his own, recording album after album of blues
rock, seven in the last year alone, which nobody knows about, which nobody cares
about, which haven't sold enough to even pay for all those Rihanna CDs you
ripped off for SuperHeavy. I mean, which inspired SuperHeavy. Anyway, let's
forget the past, which is Dave's fondest wish by the way, and let's talk
about now. Dave Stewart does lectures all over the country, and is even paid for it
occasionally, for some reason, about how you can combine your passion, which
in his case is what he calls his "music", with business genius. If I may,
Dave, let me share with our viewers, Lesson One from your lectures and books
and podcasts and interviews, the same damn thing over and over again. Hey,
just like your albums! I'm kidding, I'm kidding. So here's Lesson One:
Dave is spending hundreds of thousands of what by rights should be
Annie Lenox's money to make one expensive ignored video after another.
And how is that a business lesson? Who the fcuk knows! Welcome, Dave, to
Triumph's Poop Shoot, the talk show that does not stink, as much as the
other ones, and please don't think I am trying to run you down, Dave, or poop
on you so to speak, because I know you are all of a sudden trying to be a
Hollywood Blues Man, so I am just trying to give you the authentic blues
experience of being looked down upon as an embarassment to society. So, to begin
our in-depth interview, where will SuperHeavy be appearing this summer?
No no no, don't leave, Dave. C'mon, Dave, I kid. I kid. This is all in good fun.
Everybody knows that you are the most serious artist in the world that nobody
and I mean nobody ever takes seriously. And that is an honor which no TV comedian
can ever take from you, so be proud, sit up straight for once, maybe do
something about those sunken eyes, so you can show your face, at least to
your mama, without those ill-fitting and particularly un-stylish sunglasses.
By the way, nice skull ring! Very original and creative and business genius-
like. Now you can lecture about how to market yourself by pretending you are
Keith Richards. Except a really dorky one. In conclusion, I must say you
have been the most fascinating guest we have ever had here on the Poop Shoot,
and come back anytime. That there is a guest host. And like I promised you,
I will get Mick Jagger's autograph for you, the very next time I see him, on
your SuperHeavy vinyl album. Hey, here's another business chapter for you, Dave:
How to bust your ass on an album so that Mick Jagger can use it as a bargaining
chip for the Rolling Stones. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, this is no ordinary
genius we have had here tonight. And this is no ordinary talk show. This is
the Poop Shoot, with Triumph the Insult Comic Dog. Goodnite sweethearts goodnite.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: May 16, 2012 18:29

As much as I admire the undefatigable optimism of some fans, you have to consider the possibility that just because it's the bands 50th, there may not be a tour/CD/DVD. Perhaps there will be some other kind of celebration...or perhaps they will celebrate quietly and privately? Who knows?

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: May 16, 2012 18:35

treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

Maybe their relearning Gomper and In Another Land (to woo Wyman)?

Maybe even more than that! It is the 45th anniversary year for Satanic Majesties. Could that be the big surprise? The album performed in its entirety...with a holographic Brian a la Tupac on stage with the band. The wonders of this band never cease. For those who've dreamt of hearing "Gomper" live on stage...get ready! Sometimes dreams do come true smileys with beer

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 16, 2012 18:46

Father Ted
As much as I admire the undefatigable optimism of some fans, you have to consider the possibility that just because it's the bands 50th, there may not be a tour/CD/DVD. Perhaps there will be some other kind of celebration...or perhaps they will celebrate quietly and privately? Who knows?

Its already been confirmed that there will be a new compilation released early in 2013 and also a '50 year' DVD documentary release.

Theres nothing in that quote attributed to him to say that the band will tour in October-November. All the 'hinting' is done by the journalist who is merely putting some meat on what he said.

No doubt Ronnie will issue a hastily written press release next week saying he was misquoted and that he knows nothing of any Stones activity, after which the band will reconvene about 48 hours later.

Still, at least he confirmed that the band have recently been rehearsing their old songs. Even though some people reckon it didnt happen, I'd like to believe that Ronnie's short term memory isn't THAT far gone yet. eye rolling smiley

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1442
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home