Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859
Current Page: 59 of 59
Re: Mick Jagger hosting and performing on 'Saturday Night Live' Season Finale May 19
Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: October 1, 2012 01:23

I was just going to bed when it came on and I didn't know it was the MICK show, so I poured a glass of wine and stayed up. Glad I did, I loved it more the second time! I thought some of the skits were awful, not his fault, but the one in the bar where Mick is the nerd and won't sing kareoke ( sp) is a riot! I hate the game show routine which SNL should get rid of...it's boring! But Mick with the Foo Fighters and Arcade Fire and Beck I thought were really great. Stones songs done in a different way...loved it!

Re: Mick Jagger hosting and performing on 'Saturday Night Live' Season Finale May 19
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 1, 2012 01:31

mickschix
I was just going to bed when it came on and I didn't know it was the MICK show, so I poured a glass of wine and stayed up. Glad I did, I loved it more the second time! I thought some of the skits were awful, not his fault, but the one in the bar where Mick is the nerd and won't sing kareoke ( sp) is a riot! I hate the game show routine which SNL should get rid of...it's boring! But Mick with the Foo Fighters and Arcade Fire and Beck I thought were really great. Stones songs done in a different way...loved it!
thumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 9, 2017 00:01

A belated story about SNL courtesy of Dave Grohl : [www.rollingstone.com]

As Grohl explained on the episode – airing in two parts this Sunday at 6 p.m. EST and Sunday, September 17th – it began with a phone call from SNL producer Lorne Michaels. "He said, 'Well, look, I'm working on the season finale and the host is going to be Mick Jagger.' And I'm like, 'Oh, my God, that's amazing.' He goes 'Yeah, he's nervous about it. He's never hosted before. And so this is his first time.'"

Grohl wanted to help but realized he had a gig the same night as the broadcast, and his manager told him he wasn't allowed to cancel the show. So they took a helicopter. "We soundchecked or whatever, flew over, did a two-and-a-half­–hour gig and flew back and jammed with them," he said. "And then since it was the season finale, they were having a party out in that square with the ice rink right next door or whatever and they're like, 'Would [Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins' cover band] Chevy Metal play the party?' So we're like, 'Yeah.'

"We said to Mick, 'Hey, would you wanna come up and maybe do "Bitch" with us?'" he continued. "And he was like, 'Yeah, we'll see how it feels.' And then the party starts and we see him and we're like, 'Pleeeease, Mick Jagger,' and he came up and did 'Bitch' and it was amazing. He was so on it and the audience was like, 'Oh, my God,' and we just go straight into 'Miss You' to make sure he doesn't leave the stage and it was nuts because you don't realize how Mick – he's super cool. He's a great guy."

Glad the Foos could make it because that version of IORR is the "best" one I've ever heard apart from the album version !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 9, 2017 07:54

Agree on the version of IORR. Best live version ever. Also loved The Blind Boys of Alabama's Staple Singers intro to "The Last Time" with Arcade Fire. Great performances all around. A very good "Nineteenth Nervous Breakdown" with Foo Fighters as well. Now if only the Jeff Beck moment had been a proper blues song...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 9, 2017 12:24

Yeah that "White House" thingy didn't really go anywhere, trying to be funny (and it was to some extent) in keeping with the spirit of SNL I suppose. Caught the Foos live in July, they are really a great band although I'm not sure what Pat Smears brings to the table, apart from grinning at all times, muddying the sound and being Grohl's friend ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 9, 2017 19:17

As a former member of the L.A. punk band The Germs, Pat Smears brings them a little bit of credibility amongst those who don't like the corporate rock that the Foo Fighters champion.
There's also the link to Nirvana which whom he played with. Other than that, he smiles all the time and beefs up their sound!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859
Current Page: 59 of 59

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1890
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home