Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 59
Re: Mick Jagger to Host, Perform on 'Saturday Night Live' Season Finale May 19
Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: May 4, 2012 03:09

could happen,be great hype for the tour,especially if they kill it.

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: May 4, 2012 03:24

This is from the NYDailynews Personally, I think Mick will perform in some comedy skits .....No word on what sort of skits "SNL" might write for Jagger, though it's a safe bet there will be jokes about Richards.

Read more: [www.nydailynews.com]

Mick Jagger to host ‘Saturday Night Live’ finale; ‘SNL’ gig part of Rolling Stones 50th Anniversary celebration
Rumors that he'll join bandmates Keith Richards, Ron Wood and Charlie Watts for new songs, tour

Read more: [www.nydailynews.com]

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 4, 2012 03:28

As a host, you're in most of the skits on that night's episode.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-04 03:36 by Justin.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 4, 2012 03:37

Would be great to hear a tiny todger joke or two from Mick...
He could put the silly rumors to rest while getting the last laugh at the same time!

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: May 4, 2012 03:40

Mick will have his handpicked backup band,No Stones reunion...Sorry...

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: bam ()
Date: May 4, 2012 03:46

I think he'll take Lorne's money and play with Paul and Ringo.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 4, 2012 04:04

.....Beiber.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 4, 2012 04:29

Mick will do the whole show as a mime, complete with white face paint and black and white striped shirt. The opening monolouge will be entirely him trying to get out of the imaginary box.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 4, 2012 04:47

I'm in Toronto so this doesn't apply to me, but I was thinking - how would one get in to see Jagger on SNL? Tickets? Line-ups? Wristbands? Finding a reasonable scalper? Bribery? Thievery? Storm the doors? What?

Just wonderin'.....smoking smiley

Because if there is a remote chance thet THEY will all be there, it'll be a freaking nightmare.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 4, 2012 04:53

Cocaine Eyes
I'm in Toronto so this doesn't apply to me, but I was thinking - how would one get in to see Jagger on SNL? Tickets? Line-ups? Wristbands? Finding a reasonable scalper? Bribery? Thievery? Storm the doors? What?

Just wonderin'.....smoking smiley

Because if there is a remote chance thet THEY will all be there, it'll be a freaking nightmare.

If one has "connections" one would probably get out one's rolodex and contact those connections.... ASAP.

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: May 4, 2012 05:30

Wow, this is turning into a really good day!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 4, 2012 05:45

rollmops
71Tele
Maybe there will be a pleasant surprise of some very special guests. Maybe that is what the reharsals in Ny are about. Maybe....

That was also what I thought; the 19th is in 16 days. That would be great a little like the "flatbed truck promotion" of 1975. Nobody knew and the surprise effect was part of the bit. One can dream.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

This was also my thought. If what I understand is true, MJ is hosting AND performing. That means he owns the whole show for that night...reminds me of 1978!

It would be cool to include the band in some skits...maybe a tiny todger skit?

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 4, 2012 05:59

Cocaine Eyes

A friend of mine saw a SNL once. I think she said she just asked for tickets and then got put on a waiting list for a couple years. I don't think she got to choose the show she wanted to see. She got to see the show they sent her tickets for.

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: May 4, 2012 06:12

I really don't see Mick doing any old solo stuff. Top three possibilities for Micks music performance, Superheavy stuff, Cover tunes with some thrown together band, or Stones with the Stones.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: May 4, 2012 06:18

Mick will do a sketch song with Frec Armisen and Bill Hader playing the Queen and Prince Phillip. No plans as of now for the Stones to appear but I don't know who Mick does plan to perform with. The original plan was for him to host only.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 4, 2012 06:34

doubledoor
I really don't see Mick doing any old solo stuff. Top three possibilities for Micks music performance, Superheavy stuff, Cover tunes with some thrown together band, or Stones with the Stones.

As much as I'd like to have seen SH several months ago, this will not happen, not after those dismal sales.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 4, 2012 06:46

tatters
Cocaine Eyes

A friend of mine saw a SNL once. I think she said she just asked for tickets and then got put on a waiting list for a couple years. I don't think she got to choose the show she wanted to see. She got to see the show they sent her tickets for.

yes, that's exactly how it works.

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: May 4, 2012 07:01

treaclefingers
doubledoor

As much as I'd like to have seen SH several months ago, this will not happen, not after those dismal sales.

Don't worry, Treac, the return of SH is nigh, but the time is not yet.

Also, zero chance of the Stones for this gig.

No, I figured this one out in about a half hour (see beginning of thread).
The Mick Jagger Blues All-Stars, or something like that. Killer instrumentalists.
Still not sure what they'll play though. It was a real slap to have included
a Stones song at the White House. But it would be a much bigger slap to do so
on SNL. So that's what I'm hoping for of course. But too big of a slap really,
so probably just a couple of non-Jagger/Richards bluesy standards, done to
perfection.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 4, 2012 07:36

superrevvy
treaclefingers
doubledoor

Don't worry, Treac, the return of SH is nigh, but the time is not yet.

Also, zero chance of the Stones for this gig.

No, I figured this one out in about a half hour (see beginning of thread).
The Mick Jagger Blues All-Stars, or something like that. Killer instrumentalists.
Still not sure what they'll play though. It was a real slap to have included
a Stones song at the White House. But it would be a much bigger slap to do so
on SNL. So that's what I'm hoping for of course. But too big of a slap really,
so probably just a couple of non-Jagger/Richards bluesy standards, done to
perfection.

Really? "Zero" chance? Even though the Stones are playing in New York this week? I would say unlikely, but not zero chance.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 4, 2012 10:22

DISCLAIMER: "Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act of 1976, allowance is made for 'fair use' for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."
(Sections 107-118 of the Copyright Act;
title 17, U.S. Code)

DISCLAIMER: "Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act of 1976, allowance is made for 'fair use' for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."
title 17, U.S. Code)

title 17, U.S. Code)

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 4, 2012 10:37

This exciting Stones year continues... never guess what are the breaking news of next week, or so...thumbs up

Yeah, take one plus one plus one, and...

But I hold my horses. A quick look to recent history does not see any problem Jagger performing 'just' solo. Doing two songs with U2, the Solomon Burke tribute, and then the Obama's blues set. He could make some sort of one/two song performance based on those or similar concepts. Not a big deal for him.

The only big 'but' being the Anniversary... it is no longer homage to Burke or blues or making a random cameo, but just 'being Mick' and everybody knows the hype over Stones Anniversary, the rumours about recordings, reherasals and tours are spreading like flies... it would take quite a lotta nerve to just perform solo when knowing all the stuff going on around him and, especially, them. But then, Mick could be so cool guy that he might even do that. But if he does that, and keeps Stones totally out of picture, that might sound almost a statement. Or not... hmm... let see what happens; we really live interesting times.

But all I can say that if the rumours about Jagger being a control freak, and having an extreme appetite for power, hold any true, man, he is having a field day these days.. I can only guess what kind of kicks the guy might have for knowing how much his actions are followed and his intentions guessed... Even Keith sounds like a pussy cat in public nowadays - he probaly used his last power card by releasing 'tell it all' book, but that is used now, and by some cheap shots he got a lot of publicity but in the long run the cost of that instant success was an image lost to the band, and especially to himself. And the book surely didn't help strengthen Keith's position within the band, or better his cards in negotations for an "reunion"... by contrary, he sounds so soft lately that one wonders where he suddenly lost his balls. Ronnie just got a public humilation... Tough guy that Brenda; "She's the boss" indeed.. grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-04 10:50 by Doxa.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: May 4, 2012 11:04

Keith is sober. That has had an effect on his behavior.

Date: May 4, 2012 11:35

It never ceases to amaze me how everybody can analyze what's going on within the band without knowing anything.

Keith lost his balls? He invited to rehearsal, now the snowball is rolling.

And it's good that he is staying sober:

Date: May 4, 2012 12:09

Eli Manning! SNL Promo! Go Giants! Or whoever he plays for!

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: May 4, 2012 12:20

TeddyB1018
Mick will do a sketch song with Frec Armisen and Bill Hader playing the Queen and Prince Phillip. No plans as of now for the Stones to appear but I don't know who Mick does plan to perform with. The original plan was for him to host only.

Thanks for info, Teddy
but I'm thinking - if the original plan did not include for Mick to sing, maybe the plans changed just for the Stones perform together?
Could it be?

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 4, 2012 12:21

TeddyB1018
Keith is sober. That has had an effect on his behavior.

that's the best news so far..thanks!....and we saw a sober RW last week in Atlantic City...2 huge motivators to entice Mick....I'd stay tuned.

Date: May 4, 2012 12:25

DandelionPowderman
Keith lost his balls? He invited to rehearsal, now the snowball is rolling.

Well, that is how he presented the three-day jam, and I am not quite convinced what was the actual deal there. Anyway, even if that Keith version hold true, it sounds like he had the responsibility to show that he can still make it, get the band together, and especially convince Jagger of his good will.., But that rehearsal set the snowball rolling? I don't think so. It is about a year when Jagger already said that the people will be exhausted for Stones stuff after this year. I think he pretty well knew what will or might happen this year (or so). I interpret the London-jam as a move within an alraedy skectched plan. Maybe it was Keith's duty to arrange it in the 'big' skectchy plan.

But as far the jam goes - or the studio sessions soon - sometimes I feel like the hungry and eager Stones fans are so pleased to hear anything 'positive', that some kind or reality check is needed sometimes (and people like Keith and Ronnie are too tempted to resist to not tell the wanted thing, even if there is no actual substance). These guys have been pro musician for their entire lifes, and spent years in studio, stages and, jams and rehaersals or wherever making and living music. For them to take three days of their lifes and jam together is not such a big deal that music history is immedietily written. Actually it sounds absurd that a semi-retired musician makes a public announcement (well, that what it is if one is interviewed to the biggest music magazine in the world) that he is going to jam three days with his old pals. A wonder he didn't invite Queen to wittness this Miracle - that as DandelioPowdeerman seems to indicate is a not just a proof of Keith's dedication and hard labour but of leadership over the Rolling Stones too... smiling bouncing smiley)

It is great that Keith is sober, and perhaps that actually explains his recent (good) behavior. I hope he had been sober while "wrote" the book. I wish to have read that book. And even more, to hear some more notes from his guitar...

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-04 12:49 by Doxa.

Date: May 4, 2012 12:27

proudmary
TeddyB1018

Thanks for info, Teddy
but I'm thinking - if the original plan did not include for Mick to sing, maybe the plans changed just for the Stones perform together?
Could it be?

Yes, thanks, Teddy. And the theme of that sketch just has to be her 60 years
on the throne versus Mick's/TheStones' 50.

And, Mary, if you can suddenly visualize a re-animated Keith, to the point where
he is again Mick's best option, then maybe I can too. I'll give it a shot anyway.

But I still think much more likely, to take the sting out of Mick's solo appearance,
is an announcement about a Stones 50th show and/or album at about the same time.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-04 12:46 by superrevvy.

Date: May 4, 2012 13:04

superrevvy
proudmary
TeddyB1018

Thanks for info, Teddy
Could it be?

Yes, thanks, Teddy. And the theme of that sketch just has to be her 60 years
on the throne versus Mick's/TheStones' 50.

And, Mary, if you can suddenly visualize a re-animated Keith, to the point where
he is again Mick's best option, then maybe I can too. I'll give it a shot anyway.

But I still think much more likely, to take the sting out of Mick's solo appearance,
is an announcement about a Stones 50th show and/or album at about the same time.

But is that beautiful scenario just "Mick's best option"? That it is all in his hands? If that would happen - that Mick hosts the show that is promoted with HIS NAME and performs there with the Rolling Stones would that make all look finally and officially as "Mick Jagger and His Rolling Stones"? Even though I made the 'shocking' claim above of Keith losing his balls, I think he still might have some of his old pride and ego left...grinning smiley

Seriously, I think it is rather hard to include the Stones affairs or name to solo doings. Not even if you are Mick Jagger. I have the picture that they have a kind of gentleman deal of that. Jagger, for eaxmple, heavily protested when Bill founded his STICKY FINGERS restaurant.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-04 13:13 by Doxa.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 4, 2012 13:09

71Tele
tatters
Cocaine Eyes

yes, that's exactly how it works.

OK, thanks for the info. So, the audience will be hand-picked. You know, Bill Clinton, Martin Scorcese, all their NYC friends.smoking smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 59

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1325
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home