Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT Musical snobbery
Date: May 3, 2012 02:16

Max'sKansasCity
Next up... "THREAD SNOBBERY"

Thanks MKC for posting the obvious. Can't believe the hate and bile being posted by some of you.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 3, 2012 02:27

[email protected]
Max'sKansasCity

Thanks MKC for posting the obvious. Can't believe the hate and bile being posted by some of you.

come on, at least pick a post worthy of that response.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: May 3, 2012 02:30

Title5Take1
Regarding the Black Keys, the following is from their recent ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE cover story:

"Jack White has beef: `I'm a lot more to do with Jay-Z than the Black Keys,' he told me in 2010, and though Auerbach won't talk about the incident, White apparently blocked him from entering his studio in Nashville not long ago. (Responds White: `Anything you've ever heard anyone say about me is 100 percent accurate.')"

Full story >>> [www.rollingstone.com]

Ha, so musical snobbery goes round in circles. Thanks for the link Title....

Date: May 3, 2012 02:32

stupidguy2
....I was too late for the Runaways....

Its NEVER too late for the Runaways... ch ch ch ch Cherry Bomb!!

Date: May 3, 2012 02:35

The fact that Joan Jett is still out there nailing it gives a lot of (post)points to the Runaways... I would love to see Lita Ford get it going big time, but she starts and stops while Joan never quit.... Joan Jett is the Queen Bee rock Queen.... and that is a compliment, I have seen her live many times, Love her a lot!

Date: May 3, 2012 02:36

Max'sKansasCity
[email protected]
Max'sKansasCity

No, as I was reading thru the posts I thought the same thing. What's next a snobbery thread? I thought your post was funny and ironic due to all the other posts. Sorry I wasn't clear! I found yours the most 'to the point' of everything else posted.

Peace brother Max.

Date: May 3, 2012 02:41

[email protected]
Max'sKansasCity
[email protected]
Max'sKansasCity

No, as I was reading thru the posts I thought the same thing. What's next a snobbery thread? I thought your post was funny and ironic due to all the other posts. Sorry I wasn't clear! I found yours the most 'to the point' of everything else posted.

Peace brother Max.

Peace to you too.. smiling smiley
I was wondering why I (thought) I got yelled at for that one...
I was trying to be funny, but... well... that does sometimes gets
me in trouble.... but that can be fun too... rock on micknkeef smileys with beer

Thanks for clarifying...

and just for the record... I do like this thread, there is a lot of music snobbery, and if we can just come together and talk about it, face the problem, full speed ahead, damn the torpedoes, take care of business... then... then..... it will all be OK.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-03 03:01 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: May 3, 2012 04:21

Ted Nugent!

(Stir pot...stir pot...)

Date: May 3, 2012 04:28

winking smiley

Date: May 3, 2012 04:36

rocker1
Ted Nugent!

(Stir pot...stir pot...)

My Stones friend and I have a running joke. We're obsessed with the Stones. Our other friend, whom we dine with often, is a Ted Nugent fan. So we'll be discussing .... Some Girls vs Tattoo You, Exile vs Beggars, Anita vs Bianca etc......and ask condescendingly, 'So what do you consider to be Ted Nugent's masterpiece?' or 'Who's your favorite Ted chick?'
Prime example of musical snobbery at its most obnoxious.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-03 04:37 by stupidguy2.

Date: May 3, 2012 04:57

TV is on ... just saw... and... is it snobbery on my part to ask...?

Is there anything worse than Steven Tyler starring in a Burger King commercial, pimping chicken strips. ?

I wonder (but not enough to go look) what the Aerosmith boards say about that d

Date: May 3, 2012 05:18

Max'sKansasCity

Is there anything worse than Steven Tyler starring in a Burger King commercial, pimping chicken strips. ?

I wonder (but not enough to go look) what the Aerosmith boards say about that d

That is tragic. I wonder what Liv is thinking. No, you are well within your rights. There are limits.....

Date: May 3, 2012 05:25

stupidguy2
Max'sKansasCity

I wonder (but not enough to actaually go look) what the Aerosmith boards say about this.

That is tragic. I wonder what Liv is thinking. No, you are well within your rights. There are limits.....

I am kind of flabbergasted... it does not seem to be good fit...

I bet this ad WOULD NOT get past Don Draper....

What would Don say?... I bet with his disapproving Don smirk, he'd say>>
Who sees Steven Tyler and thinks "Oh I am so hungry for Burger King".

Date: May 3, 2012 05:27

I bet 20 bucks Steven Tyler has never even been in a Burger King..
can you imagine going in (no, to start with)(but if you did) and you looked over.. and there is Steven Tyler... looking like he looks in the commercial?? to quote the kid in "Home Alone" I DONT THINK SO

and...yup it is on youtube for the Televisionally challenged

go look up if it doesnt work and you wanna see.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-03 05:32 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: May 3, 2012 05:53

Max'sKansasCity
can you imagine going in (no, to start with)(but if you did) and you looked over.. and there is Steven Tyler... looking like he looks in the commercial?? to quote the kid in "Home Alone" I DONT THINK SO

Wow...WTF...

This just makes me scracth my head and wonder, well, WTMF. But...(being generous here), on the flip side, there's something that is so unpretentious and "always game" about Steven Tyler these days, that it almost comes off as somehow bizarrely endearing...even if I think he's batshit looney for even considering this type of nonsense.

Date: May 3, 2012 06:37

rocker1
Max'sKansasCity

Wow...WTF...

This just makes me scracth my head and wonder, well, WTMF. But...(being generous here), on the flip side, there's something that is so unpretentious and "always game" about Steven Tyler these days, that it almost comes off as somehow bizarrely endearing...even if I think he's batshit looney for even considering this type of nonsense.

I have to agree.... I try my best to not be a snob, and these star types can make money any way they want... but Burger King? Really?..... I hate say it (not really), but do you know who might be a better fit? TED FKN NUGENT!!! I mean come on... if someone is going to huck out cooked animal flesh.... who would be better?....

Heck, come to think of it... Ted should open his own chain of fast food outlets serving cooked animal meat... I can see it now... COME ON DOWN TO CRAZY TED's!!! WE KILL IT, WE COOK IT, YOU EAT IT!! WE'RE CRAZY!!!! .... and then have Ted come swinging in on a rope, in a loin clothe... and go into his Nugentbabble telling all of the menu items beef, chicken, pork, white buffalo, bunnys, bambi.... then show him biting into juicy ribs... and then....

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-03 06:50 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 3, 2012 09:39

Steven Tyler in a Burger King commercial? Great! I love Burger King.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: May 3, 2012 09:44

How f-ing bad must that guy need money to be selling chicken strips?

Bill Hicks at 1:50

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 3, 2012 09:50

My favourite burger is the Double Whopper followed by the Chicken Royale (with cheese) - how about everyone else?

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1493
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home