Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Track Talk: Let's Spend The Night Together
Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: April 14, 2014 10:46

I looove the instrumental version, it's so so so much better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-14 10:48 by Redhotcarpet.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: April 14, 2014 15:21

Another track from the pop era, quite good the rough guitar-versions in 81/82. the studio version is a little bit boring.

Posted by: TheBadRabbit ()
Date: April 14, 2014 17:20

Never liked this number. Not at all. It's all piano and drums...BANG! BANG! BANG! Pretty boring.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-14 17:21 by TheBadRabbit.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: April 16, 2014 13:19

Max'sKansasCity
More ground breaking that it sometimes gets credit for.

While
The good boys wanted to "hold your hand",
The bad boys wanted to "spend the night".

ha ha
ever listened to the words to "please please me"?

Date: April 16, 2014 13:20

KeithNacho
I much prefer and love the Still Life version...............pure RS

they did a great job with it in '81.

Date: April 16, 2014 13:26

24FPS
stones78
A fantastic gem, they were catching up with The Beatles during this period.

But it's something the Beatles could have never pulled off. Even at that stage they couldn't have been as explicit, or expressed it as suggestively.

hmm how about "the night before", released 2 years earlier, which is clearly about a one-night stand?

i always found please please me to be pretty explicit too.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: April 16, 2014 15:10

Max'sKansasCity
More ground breaking that it sometimes gets credit for.

While
The good boys wanted to "hold your hand",
The bad boys wanted to "spend the night".

Very well put. Even when doing 'pop' the Stones were definitely not the Beatles, or DC5, etc.

Posted by: Jelly Face Joe ()
Date: April 16, 2014 15:34

David Bowie liked the song so much that he changed one or two notes and created the riff to "Rebel Rebel". (with a little "Brown Sugar" to make it sweeter.)

Posted by: Jayce ()
Date: April 20, 2014 04:27

Man, I love the Stones, but...

Re: "Hand" and "LSTNT:: When it comes to explicitness or naughtiness, I'm not sure we can compare a pop song released in 1963 to one released in 1967. (And please don't throw blues songs from the 20s or some Big Mama Thornton stuff at me; we're talking about these particular white English boys.)

It's like the suits vs. scruffy thing: without the suits, the Stones could never have been scruffy. It's easy to be the rebels once someone has broken down the door for you. It's always been an argument that made no sense to me.

For all those who glory in the Stones bad boy image: the Beatles threatened bloody murder in 1965 - "Run for Your Life" - and were so badass they still got an MBE.

The Stones were middle-class-southern-LSE-Cheltenham-commercial artist-Dartford Mama's boy-climb mountains-with-daddy-Michael-is-wearing-the-correct-footwear-on-tv wimps. cool smiley

video: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-20 04:29 by Jayce.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: April 20, 2014 11:09

Am I the only one who likes this version:

Date: April 20, 2014 11:24

Redhotcarpet
Am I the only one who likes this version:

awful singing.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: April 25, 2014 22:35

Was Knebworth the first time the song had been preformed live? aside from TV appearances?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-25 22:36 by ryanpow.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: April 26, 2014 03:27

Jayce

Re: "Hand" and "LSTNT:: When it comes to explicitness or naughtiness, I'm not sure we can compare a pop song released in 1963 to one released in 1967. (And please don't throw blues songs from the 20s or some Big Mama Thornton stuff at me; we're talking about these particular white English boys.)

It's like the suits vs. scruffy thing: without the suits, the Stones could never have been scruffy. It's easy to be the rebels once someone has broken down the door for you. It's always been an argument that made no sense to me.

For all those who glory in the Stones bad boy image: the Beatles threatened bloody murder in 1965 - "Run for Your Life" - and were so badass they still got an MBE.

The Stones were middle-class-southern-LSE-Cheltenham-commercial artist-Dartford Mama's boy-climb mountains-with-daddy-Michael-is-wearing-the-correct-footwear-on-tv wimps. cool smiley

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: April 26, 2014 03:28

Jayce

Yes - by the Help/Rubber Soul period, the Beatles shed their clean image.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-26 03:32 by nightskyman.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1807
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home