Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 21
Re: OT : Any Ted Nugent fans here ?
Posted by: The GR ()
Date: May 1, 2012 12:29

Saw him in Southampton in 1980. I believe it was his first UK gig outside London. He swang on stage on a rope and was dressed in a loincloth. It was hot and sweaty down the front. My friend has a guitar pick stuck to his throat with sweat, didn't even notice Ted throwing it in to thew crowd, some one lunged at his throat as we went out and that's how he got it. It was a good show.

I only ever bought Cat Scratch Fever and it was okay.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 1, 2012 16:22

Max'sKansasCity

That's Awful. Right up there with Steve Miller's Abracadabra.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-01 16:23 by More Hot Rocks.

Date: May 1, 2012 16:34

He's another oldies act. A couple of hits from the 70's. A vegas show. Props and costumes. A mentally challanged audience. He'll be on tour with REO Speedwagon and The Rasberrys soon.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: May 1, 2012 16:38

"A mentally challenged audience" - Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Date: May 1, 2012 16:47

mickscarey

There don't know any better. I guess getting away from the trailor park is a good time for them. I saw Nugent about ten years ago. I think I was the only one there not missing my front teeth.

Date: May 1, 2012 16:51

Max'sKansasCity
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Max'sKansasCity
More Hot Rocks
Max'sKansasCity
yyyaaaaaaawwwwwwwwnnnnnnn

Is it past your bedtime?

I never can tell.... what time is it? Does anybody really know?

I DO! I DO!

The time is...NOW! It's always now! It never changes! Free beer tomorrow!

Ibetcha !!.. Ibetcha !!..
I bet ya I can tellya where ya got your shoes.

btw- eg is disqualified from this betchta... sorry eg

You can not. I don't wear shoes except on rare occasions. If you know where they are I'd be honoured to tell you you're right. Regardless of that, they are not on my feet ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Date: May 1, 2012 17:26

More Hot Rocks
mickscarey

There don't know any better. I guess getting away from the trailor park is a good time for them. I saw Nugent about ten years ago. I think I was the only one there not missing my front teeth.

Hmmm. Bigoted? Racist? I do not know. I do know I am called racist for not liking rap musics BUT have not called the audience for that musics names - like you.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: May 1, 2012 17:34

mickscarey, do you think rap music is all about shooting guns and gangs?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 1, 2012 17:52

GumbootCloggeroo
mickscarey, do you think rap music is all about shooting guns and gangs?

No, it's also about bling and misogyny so let's not pigeon-hole an entire musical category.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 1, 2012 17:53

The GR
Saw him in Southampton in 1980. I believe it was his first UK gig outside London. He swang on stage on a rope and was dressed in a loincloth. It was hot and sweaty down the front. My friend has a guitar pick stuck to his throat with sweat, didn't even notice Ted throwing it in to thew crowd, some one lunged at his throat as we went out and that's how he got it. It was a good show.

I only ever bought Cat Scratch Fever and it was okay.

Funny story about the pick...
I bet for a second you thought the vampires or werewolves attacking winking smiley

I remember that tour.... Seeing Tedro swing out on that rope was funny as hell, wearing only his silly loin cloth, looking like Tarzan... what a maniac... if memory serves correct, that tour had the Scorpions as an opener..... and was Def Leppard's first big time tour, they opened the 3 act bill.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-01 17:55 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: May 1, 2012 17:55

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
If people want to be bothered... they should be bothered by real things. There are a lot of other people, in greater positions of power, doing far worse things than Ted Nugent. If you want to be bothered, be bothered by them.

Ted is an entertainer... who cares what crazy crap he spews... just ignore it.... it is like the trolls on IORR trying to get people worked up... some are worth it the time... others? not so much... who cares? Its only rock and roll...

I think part of the problem people have with your posts is that you can't ever acknowledge that people simply have different opinions than you. You have to call them "trolls". Telling people what they should or should not be bothered about is also rather condescending. People can decide this for themselves.

To turn your advice around. why are you so bothered that people dare to have a different opinion or take than you? Why are those of us who disagree with you "trolls" but you are not? Take your own advice and don't be so thin-skinned about someone having a different perspective, taste, or opinion than you.

Food for thought, that's all... and no "anger", by the way smoking smiley

yawn.... go worry about something that matters.
You just got called out. Could you respond anymore annoyingly?

Date: May 1, 2012 17:56

Max'sKansasCity
yyyaaaaaaawwwwwwwwnnnnnnn
aaaaaaand you just did smiling smiley

Date: May 1, 2012 17:56

GumbootCloggeroo
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
If people want to be bothered... they should be bothered by real things. There are a lot of other people, in greater positions of power, doing far worse things than Ted Nugent. If you want to be bothered, be bothered by them.

Ted is an entertainer... who cares what crazy crap he spews... just ignore it.... it is like the trolls on IORR trying to get people worked up... some are worth it the time... others? not so much... who cares? Its only rock and roll...

I think part of the problem people have with your posts is that you can't ever acknowledge that people simply have different opinions than you. You have to call them "trolls". Telling people what they should or should not be bothered about is also rather condescending. People can decide this for themselves.

To turn your advice around. why are you so bothered that people dare to have a different opinion or take than you? Why are those of us who disagree with you "trolls" but you are not? Take your own advice and don't be so thin-skinned about someone having a different perspective, taste, or opinion than you.

are you holding your nose to go high pitched when you whine that way?

Date: May 1, 2012 18:09

Max'sKansasCity
GumbootCloggeroo
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

Yes, thanks for noticing!

Date: May 1, 2012 18:12

GumbootCloggeroo
Max'sKansasCity
GumbootCloggeroo
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

Yes, thanks for noticing!
of course, of course... we like to praise all extra effort around here.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 1, 2012 19:19

A modest proposal: How about moving all of this over to the Ted Nugent fan site?

Date: May 1, 2012 19:21

71Tele
A modest proposal: How about moving all of this over to the Ted Nugent fan site?
Or easier yet, if it bothers you so much, how about you stop looking at this thread... it is really easy, try it.

Date: May 1, 2012 19:31

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Or easier yet, if it bothers you so much, how about you stop looking at this thread... it is really easy, try it.

It doesn't bother me at all. I just find 12 pages of OT posts dirties up the site. Just housekeeping.

Again, follow your own advice: If MY posts bother you so much, ignore them! Yet you jump on every one in about 6 seconds. Believe it or not, my posts are not directed to you personally, yet you feel strangely compelled to comment on each and every one. Do you have an app that tells you every time there is a post from 71Tele? smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-01 19:36 by 71Tele.

Date: May 1, 2012 19:37

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele

It doesn't bother me at all. I just find 12 pages of OT posts dirties up the site. Just housekeeping. Again, follow your own advice: If MY posts bother you so much, ignore them! Yet you jump on every one in about 6 seconds. Do you have an app that tells you every time there is a post from 71Tele? smoking smiley

You realize that you bump this up everytime you post? and as far as hosuekeeping, I didnt realize you were assigned that task here..... but if you been.... do you take suggestions for ditching other threads?.... how about for money?

Date: May 1, 2012 19:39

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele

It doesn't bother me at all. I just find 12 pages of OT posts dirties up the site. Just housekeeping. Again, follow your own advice: If MY posts bother you so much, ignore them! Yet you jump on every one in about 6 seconds. Do you have an app that tells you every time there is a post from 71Tele? smoking smiley

You realize that you bump this up everytime you post? and as far as hosuekeeping, I didnt realize you were assigned that task here..... but if you been.... do you take suggestions for ditching other threads?.... how about for money?

It was just a suggestion in keeping with the site's guidelines regarding OT threads. And again, it was not directed to you personally.

Have a nice day, MKC.

Date: May 1, 2012 19:41

should let you know that someone may have just been getting ready use this thread to explain to everyone, and see if everyone would agree, that the Designated Hitter rule improves the MLB game of baseball.

Date: May 1, 2012 19:48

Max'sKansasCity
should let you know that someone may have just been getting ready use this thread to explain to everyone, and see if everyone would agree, that the Designated Hitter rule improves the MLB game of baseball.

?

Date: May 1, 2012 19:54

Johnny Ramone was a staunch republican. Where's the intense hatred for him?

Date: May 1, 2012 19:58

GumbootCloggeroo

The commentary about Nugent (if you've read the posts) was not about him being a Republican, it was about his perceived intolerance and violent rhetoric. Big difference. Plus the Ramones were a much better band, so Johnny gets a pass. confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-01 20:01 by 71Tele.

Date: May 1, 2012 19:59

GumbootCloggeroo
... and I think Johhny, actually all of the Ramones, strongly supported the desiganted hitter rule in MLB too. They felt it improved the game.

Date: May 1, 2012 20:03

Max'sKansasCity
GumbootCloggeroo
... and I think Johhny, actually all of the Ramones, strongly supported the desiganted hitter rule in MLB too. They felt it improved the game.

Not really sure where you're trying to go with this DH thing, Max, but I'm not taking the bait. You're on your own on that one. In fact, we're each in AL cities. How about them Royals?

Date: May 1, 2012 20:09

Max'sKansasCity
GumbootCloggeroo

A more interesting debate (since the DH is here to stay in the AL) is big vs. small market teams, and whether teams like KC and Seattle can ever be competitive under the current economic circumstances. But that's OT on an already-OT thread.

Date: May 1, 2012 20:18

71Tele
GumbootCloggeroo

The commentary about Nugent (if you've read the posts) was not about him being a Republican, it was about his perceived intolerance and violent rhetoric. Big difference.
Then I guess there goes mickscarey's theory that most people on here hate him because he's a republican. check mate smiling smiley Alice Cooper is another example. Republican yet no hatred for him. mickscarey was merely deflecting the issue at hand.

Date: May 1, 2012 20:58

mickscarey
More Hot Rocks
mickscarey

Hmmm. Bigoted? Racist? I do not know. I do know I am called racist for not liking rap musics BUT have not called the audience for that musics names - like you.

All I'm stating is i think I was the only one there that had dental care.

Date: May 1, 2012 23:42

Whatever

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 21

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1662
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home