Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - Carlos Santana
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: April 17, 2012 00:48

part of my discussion with him -

[www.spinner.com]

Re: OT - Carlos Santana
Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: April 17, 2012 02:59

Love Santana!!!! Viva Santana!

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: April 21, 2012 01:45

Good interview, hbwriter.

I like Santana. I grew up with his music. But lately, I can't stand his way of talking about music and higher goals. Don't know. Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for his career. No doubt about that. And he still looks fine and he seems very nice.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: April 21, 2012 03:07

l saw Santana @ The Filmore East in 68/69 with the original band and those guys were amazing as you saw in Woodstock,but then he fired the whole band became a mystic,and at least for me lost its fire,but the first two albums were great,l wonder what became of some of the original members,Greg Rollie formed Journey,but the rest it seems that they disappeared ,the drummer Mike Shrieve was fantastic..

"

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-21 13:39 by ROPENI.

Posted by: wolfi ()
Date: April 21, 2012 14:01

Ropeni, Michael Shrieve is alive and well, it seems ...

I really was fascinated by his work with "GO" (Stomu Yamashta with Steve Winwood and others) and he went on to become also a composer. Look him up on wiki ...

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: April 21, 2012 15:42

Santana was great up to Moonflower.

However, with the exception of Supernatural, he has gone for creating music which is disposable. He's too far into doing ridiculous duet albums, as a consequence of Supernatural.

Whatever happened to him as a bold artist wanting to take risks, i.e. his work with Alice Coltrane, Herbie Hancock, John McLaughlin ?

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: April 21, 2012 22:00

wolfi
Ropeni, Michael Shrieve is alive and well, it seems ...

I really was fascinated by his work with "GO" (Stomu Yamashta with Steve Winwood and others) and he went on to become also a composer. Look him up on wiki ...
Thanks wolfi,will do....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1541
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home