Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: Ronnie: Stones to go into studio soon
Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: April 16, 2012 15:35

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 16, 2012 17:15

Rolling Hansie
Doxa
there is not much to be expected in terms of productivity.

That's exactly what Ronnie said: "to just throw some ideas around."
If anyone wants to read more into that, then don't blame it on Ronnie.

Well, I guess that "anyone" is Mick Jagger in this case.

- Doxa

Date: April 16, 2012 17:22

carlostones10
Ronnie never said the Stones would be in studio to do a new album or reharsal for a new tour. The people are very anxious.

But Ronnie still talked too much. And then denied saying what each of us can see in our own eyes in the clip. What a man.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-16 17:29 by Doxa.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: April 16, 2012 17:40

melillo
didnt they already do this in december with zero results?
zero results as far as we know but who knows ?

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: April 16, 2012 17:52

Ronnie always talks too much.

But he never said the stones would record a new album or reahrsal for a nem tour.

But you are correct. Ronnie talks too much. I think he needs money and he is anxious for a new Stones album and tour.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: April 16, 2012 17:57

The secrecy with which this band operates is really annoying. Is Mick Jagger a navy seal or a rock n' roll singer?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 16, 2012 18:13

Doxa
Rolling Hansie
Doxa
there is not much to be expected in terms of productivity.

That's exactly what Ronnie said: "to just throw some ideas around."
If anyone wants to read more into that, then don't blame it on Ronnie.

Well, I guess that "anyone" is Mick Jagger in this case.

Whatever you want to read in it. As long as you are happy with it.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 16, 2012 19:07

There is more speculation and trying to interpret and parse statements about the intentions of this band than there used to be when people would try to figure out what the Kremlin was doing. This is just a rock & roll band, not the North Korean leadership. If they wanted to play they would just play. It really isn't all that difficult.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: April 16, 2012 21:51

bv wouldn't have this as a sticky thread if there was nothing to it. Stonesdoug has confirmed studio time as well and he doesn't post rumors either. For me that's as good as official - of course, what they do in the studio and how productive it may or not be is a different thing.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 16, 2012 22:09

Send It To me
The secrecy with which this band operates is really annoying. Is Mick Jagger a navy seal or a rock n' roll singer?

He's a businessman above anything else.

You don't announce a business decision before you have covered every detail for what you're trying to accomplish.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: April 16, 2012 23:37

Doxa
hmm.. A funny classical piece of that The Stones is much bigger than the individual guys. Even Jagger has diffiuculties with that but when it goes to b-league Stone like Ronnie, man, the difference between interest in his individual doings and in the Stones is so enormous. Ronnie is there due his art exhibition and the Faces thing, and is supposed to talk about and to be interviewed about that, but then suddenly ...
- Doxa
Ronnie has done a few solid records, there's no denying it.
So I think you're being harsh here. That limited edition live record is also really good. If you didn't already buy them, go out and buy his records.

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: April 16, 2012 23:57

71Tele
There is more speculation and trying to interpret and parse statements about the intentions of this band than there used to be when people would try to figure out what the Kremlin was doing. This is just a rock & roll band, not the North Korean leadership. If they wanted to play they would just play. It really isn't all that difficult.
But didn't the Stones bring down the Berlin Wall & wreck havoc with the communism winking smiley

Date: April 17, 2012 00:02

memphiscats
didn't the Stones bring down the Berlin Wall & wreck havoc with the communism

Bowie & Iggy did a lot of damage to that wall before the Stones got there. smiling smiley

Date: April 17, 2012 02:09

Whale
Doxa
hmm.. A funny classical piece of that The Stones is much bigger than the individual guys. Even Jagger has diffiuculties with that but when it goes to b-league Stone like Ronnie, man, the difference between interest in his individual doings and in the Stones is so enormous. Ronnie is there due his art exhibition and the Faces thing, and is supposed to talk about and to be interviewed about that, but then suddenly ...
- Doxa
Ronnie has done a few solid records, there's no denying it.
So I think you're being harsh here. That limited edition live record is also really good. If you didn't already buy them, go out and buy his records.

I wasn't belittleling Ronnie's albums here. Just pointing out that it was the casual Stones quote he bigmouthly did that made the news worldwide even though he was there to promote his exhibition and Faces induction, and not about Stones activities.

Funny. I met a (non-Stones-fan) friend today who gladly said to me "oh, I heard that the Stones are going to make an album. You must be happy, Doxa". I said that well, the things aren't that simple...

- Doxa

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: April 17, 2012 03:11

Edith Grove, you said Jagger is "a businessman above all else." Call me naive, but I still like to think that he's an artist and a performer above all else. Not that there's anything wrong with being interested in business as well.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: April 17, 2012 03:29

Edith Grove
Send It To me

You don't announce a business decision before you have covered every detail for what you're trying to accomplish.

Excellent point EG.

Date: April 17, 2012 03:45

Send It To me
Edith Grove, you said Jagger is "a businessman above all else." Call me naive, but I still like to think that he's an artist and a performer above all else. Not that there's anything wrong with being interested in business as well.

No, I am not by any means calling you naive, but I think that Mick makes it his top priority to keep the Rolling Stones brand alive.

Of course, he's an artist and performer, but I think he also realizes that it's mostly on his head to guide the Stones machine along, and that goes way beyond writing & performing.

Ronnie was pretty clear in that video when he said the Stones are getting together to "throw some ideas around." I don't think the AP took him out of context.
What that exactly means is anyone's guess, but it does indicate that plans (for whatever) are in the works and I can see how Mick might get upset if things are talked about before final decisions are made.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: April 17, 2012 07:09

i hope they retire.tired of all this.open the vaults and ride off into the sunset.

Jagger: "What the hell? We Don't Know Anything Yet"!
Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: April 16, 2012 23:19

*I know this was already posted here somewhere, but if memory serves, there was no link. Apologies again in advance if there was indeed a link *

[www.cbsnews.com]

smoking smiley

Mick Jagger to Ronnie Wood: Keep quiet on Rolling Stones album and tour

Re: Jagger: "What the hell? We Don't Know Anything Yet"!
Date: April 16, 2012 23:28

smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-17 12:34 by Edith Grove.

Date: April 16, 2012 23:30

Edith Grove
[www.iorr.org]

Thank you - I missed seeing it. My bad..........smoking smiley

Date: April 16, 2012 23:34

Cocaine Eyes
I missed seeing it. My bad..........smoking smiley

Must have been them cocaine eyes. tongue sticking out smiley

Date: April 16, 2012 23:34

SUGGESTION: So we don't all get it wrong (as Ronnie did), perhaps the title of that sticky at the top should be changed.

Just thinkin'.........confused smiley Just askin'....... Just sayin'.........

Date: April 16, 2012 23:38

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-16 23:39 by Cocaine Eyes.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: April 17, 2012 04:39

why is mick such a bitch?

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: April 17, 2012 06:25

its his nature (plus thats how control freaks act)

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: April 17, 2012 07:00

after 37 years with the stones,ronnie shouldn't have to apologize about anything,love mick but,screw that.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: April 17, 2012 07:20

Is Ronnie still alive ?

Posted by: novica ()
Date: April 17, 2012 07:54

jpasc95
Is Ronnie still alive ?

smiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smileysmiling bouncing smiley
i think he needs to change identity ,runaway and hide ....

Date: April 17, 2012 12:16

RSbestbandever
Edith Grove
Send It To me

Excellent point EG.

It is a good point but I think Jagger's behavior is not anything extraordinary. I think it is quite common tactics when something is planned by a group of people, or there is a work in progress - that you don't comment that on public. And especially when all of it is just 'testing', which means to say, it is not certain at all if anything will happen or turn out fine. I think Wood - and to an extent Richards as well (but is a bit different deal with him) - broke that kind of social code by their big mouths. People here seem to 'understand' Woodie (partly because he says something everyone wishes to hear) and being angry for Jagger for zipping his mouth, but I can understand Jagger's position very well. You just don't comment an ongoing process in public - the process that might fail big time. It's not anyone damn's business.

The whole other thing is to offer public wishes what someone would like to happen. And that was Ronnie' (failed) excuse in trying to save his face. But there is a huge difference in saying "I wish we would go to studio and that everything very would turn fine" and "we are going to studio to see if we can do anything at all".

Rock and roll band does not differ at all of any other team work or social group of people doing and planning something together. No one likes deepthroats in certain - or any - stages of process. Seemingly Jagger and Watts are very strict about that but Richards and especially Wood no so much - with Richards there is a whole different power game going on, but with Wood the case is just eating the bite too easily (offered by the hype over the Stones), and not having enough self-control. Besides I think Wood broke the Stones code that when a Stone does something solo, he keeps mouth his shut up about the Stones activities. You don't "use" The Stones for your personal activities.

(Important: The presuppostion of my post is that what Ronnie Wood said in the first place is true - that he prevailed something he should not have done.)

- Doxa

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-17 12:32 by Doxa.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2269
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home