Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7
Re: Ronnie: Stones to go into studio soon
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 12, 2012 00:24

Here's a guessing game for you (even if I don't know the answer to it): How many weeks have The Rolling Stones spent in a studio together during the last 30 years? My guess is twelve. What's yours?

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 12, 2012 00:30

treaclefingers

I think if there was ANYTHING worthwhile releasing from pre-69, we would probably have seen it by now. It's not as if ABKCO isn't going to do their best to try and shill the product one more time, which we saw with GYYYO deluxe.

That would lead me to believe that the 60's stuff has been mostly mined, and there is not much else there. Strange that the Beatles had so much more stuff in the period, culminating with those mid-90s multi-CD releases of outtakes, "Free As A Bird", "Real Love" singles.

One can be quietly hopeful for something like that of course, but does anyone believe Allen Klein and Sons wouldn't have trodded that out already?

On the other hand, why aren't there any BBC sessions? Surely there have to be a few gems sticking around in someone's vault, somewhere?

We know there is more studio stuff there from bootlegs and bootlegs are just a tip of a large iceberg. When I said lack of recordings I was meaning live stuff.

After Metamorphosis I don't think ABKCO had the rights to release new/old recordings... there must have been new agreements/contracts etc worked out for things like the The Rock and Roll Circus and deluxe GYYYO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-12 00:35 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: April 12, 2012 00:30

oeps..

RONNIE WOOD DENIES AP REPORT

4/11/2012

Ronnie Wood is denying an Associated Press report that had him saying The Rolling Stones were going into a studio this month. He says, "There's no truth in that. Mick [Jagger] would kill me if I ever said that... All I can say is that I would love us to go into the studio and I would love us to do a tour... But there are no plans."

[www.wmgk.com]

Date: April 12, 2012 00:31

Lien
oeps..

4/11/2012

Ronnie Wood is denying an Associated Press report that had him saying The Rolling Stones were going into a studio this month. He says, "There's no truth in that. Mick [Jagger] would kill me if I ever said that... All I can say is that I would love us to go into the studio and I would love us to do a tour... But there are no plans."

[www.wmgk.com]

Lol!

Someone's been told off for opening his gob perhaps?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 12, 2012 00:36

His Majesty
We know there is more studio stuff there from bootlegs and bootlegs are just a tip of a large iceberg. When I said lack of recordings I was meaning live stuff.

After Metamorphosis I don't think ABKCO had the rights to release new/old recordings... there must have been new agreements/contracts etc worked out for things like the The Rock and Roll Circus and deluxe GYYYO.

That would be fantastic news...but why are we not getting an AFTERMATH (Beggar's Banquet/Let It Bleed) superdeluxe in that case? They are ignoring the 60's, their greatest decade.

Date: April 12, 2012 00:37

His Majesty
Lien
oeps..

4/11/2012

[www.wmgk.com]

Lol!

Someone's been told off for opening his gob perhaps?

Good lord...didn't Keith already say the same thing though, 2 or 3 weeks ago?

Date: April 12, 2012 00:41

treaclefingers
His Majesty

That would be fantastic news...but why are we not getting an AFTERMATH (Beggar's Banquet/Let It Bleed) superdeluxe in that case? They are ignoring the 60's, their greatest decade.

Indeed.

Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: April 12, 2012 02:41

Great News. I too hope the Stones come out with all new material. If I like only about half the songs, I will be delighted.

This time I hope to see them in Madison Square Garden in the fall of 2013. This will coincide with my plans to retire from the company I have been working for for many years. What a way to go.. seeing the Stones at one of their favorite venues.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: April 12, 2012 03:59

woody still on a gag order after 37 years ? disgraceful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: April 12, 2012 05:49

as per usual...Ron Wood opens his piehole and sticks his foot in it...give him 2 more seconds and he would've started talking about 'the ancient art of weaving' or about when he first saw them and said ' i will be in that band'...wet brained bastard...

to beat a dead horse i will state the inevitable...at best we will get a REMASTERED and REISSUED "40 Licks"...now called "50 LICKS"...and it will probably have 3 new Mick songs on it and whatever Keith can muster up for one...he will be sure to say "babe" or "baby" in it about 100 times and maybe even do that same lead he's been playing for the last 10 years...MAYBE a show where Lady Gaga comes out and sings since Sheryl Crow isn't cool anymore...

damn i LOVE the Rolling Stones...why do they have to go out like this...guys their age and older are still doing it...and doing it well...

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: April 12, 2012 06:32

cowboytoast
as per usual...Ron Wood opens his piehole and sticks his foot in it...give him 2 more seconds and he would've started talking about 'the ancient art of weaving' or about when he first saw them and said ' i will be in that band'...wet brained bastard...

to beat a dead horse i will state the inevitable...at best we will get a REMASTERED and REISSUED "40 Licks"...now called "50 LICKS"...and it will probably have 3 new Mick songs on it and whatever Keith can muster up for one...he will be sure to say "babe" or "baby" in it about 100 times and maybe even do that same lead he's been playing for the last 10 years...MAYBE a show where Lady Gaga comes out and sings since Sheryl Crow isn't cool anymore...

damn i LOVE the Rolling Stones...why do they have to go out like this...guys their age and older are still doing it...and doing it well...

The plan is to go out in a blaze of glory! New songs, and some great live performances. We will all be standing and cheering in 2013. All good things come to he/she who waits.smoking smiley

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: April 12, 2012 06:45

Is it just me or has Woody seemed a bit more mentally fried and out of it than Keith the past couple of years? If anyone has "a lifetime affliction that has damaged (their) brain" its probably Woody more than Keith.

You can't freebase and drink like that for so long and get away scott free...right?

Posted by: SharksWillCry ()
Date: April 12, 2012 06:45

cowboytoast
as per usual...Ron Wood opens his piehole and sticks his foot in it..

This is terrible, if true, but it is good news, the restaurant is open.

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: April 12, 2012 07:30

Stoneage
Here's a guessing game for you (even if I don't know the answer to it): How many weeks have The Rolling Stones spent in a studio together during the last 30 years? My guess is twelve. What's yours?

I couldn't care less. I am only concerned with how much time they are going to spend in the studio in 2012, creating one last great album.smoking smiley

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: April 12, 2012 08:20

Lien
oeps..

4/11/2012

[www.wmgk.com]

Well, we have the video of him saying it... smiling smiley

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: April 12, 2012 11:02

this denial is the best confirm
winking smiley

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 12, 2012 11:36

Time waits for no one and even not for the Rolling Stones. So whatever shows up will be ok. I still doubt that throwing ideas around will help the men to get their guts off the chair and go on the road again anyhow.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: April 12, 2012 13:11

i dont believe the band are ready to go into the studio again.

its been 7 years since anything new was recorded so thats plenty evidence that all of them or at least one of them isnt interested or capable anymore.

heard nothing of the december studio jam, did it really happen, wouldnt be surprised if it didnt.

for the last 5 and a half years all weve heard is roumers and postponements of impending tours albums, weve had nothing concrete from the band about their intentions.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: April 12, 2012 13:29

cowboytoast

Yes, it is really annoying, maybe he could play it sometimes backwards ...

Date: April 12, 2012 15:02

They don't need to do anything new. Other old acts have done that. With very few exceptions, nobody cared. Doesn't matter if they could play. Keith can't play half as good as he used to anymore. Fine. Be done with it then.

The only thing to do music wise is to continue with the studio and live 'bootleg' releases.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 12, 2012 15:51

hmm.. A funny classical piece of that The Stones is much bigger than the individual guys. Even Jagger has diffiuculties with that but when it goes to b-league Stone like Ronnie, man, the difference between interest in his individual doings and in the Stones is so enormous. Ronnie is there due his art exhibition and the Faces thing, and is supposed to talk about and to be interviewed about that, but then suddenly slips one Stones related half-thought line from big mouth and BANG: it is all over the word media!

And the next day he tries to denail even saying it... Did the boss(es) got angry or what - does Ronnie has not right to revail things like that? I know that at least Charlie Watts has strict orders for any interview he is going to give that the subject of The Rolling Stones is not be discussed if it his solo doings and interests in concern. Jagger has it also. But I guess him and Keith are expections in the sense that they can talk about the Stones if they will. Seemingly Ronnie does not that kind of freedom, and he suppsedly has broken some 'code'.

One can also see why Jagger is so careful in saying anything particular concerning the on-going process, or works in progress, if they are not already there in the stage to be promoted. Keith, on the other hand, seems to enjoy making headlines in revealing possible future projects.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-12 15:52 by Doxa.

Date: April 12, 2012 16:04

The Rolling Stones story carries on... Never a dull moment. grinning smiley

Date: April 12, 2012 16:22

This public oops is up there with Keith being oblivious to the fact Taylor played on Plundered My Soul.

It's all about the ring master Mick Jagger, the only voice that really counts when it comes to what is and what isn't happening.

smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-12 16:24 by His Majesty.

Date: April 12, 2012 16:47

His Majesty
This public oops is up there with Keith being oblivious to the fact Taylor played on Plundered My Soul.

It's all about the ring master Mick Jagger, the only voice that really counts when it comes to what is and what isn't happening.

smiling smiley

agreed

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 12, 2012 17:03

Lien
oeps..

4/11/2012

[www.wmgk.com]
Figures.eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: tkl7 ()
Date: April 12, 2012 17:49

buttons67
i dont believe the band are ready to go into the studio again.

its been 7 years since anything new was recorded so thats plenty evidence that all of them or at least one of them isnt interested or capable anymore.

heard nothing of the december studio jam, did it really happen, wouldnt be surprised if it didnt.

for the last 5 and a half years all weve heard is roumers and postponements of impending tours albums, weve had nothing concrete from the band about their intentions.

This joke has gotten old.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: April 12, 2012 20:00

Why the fuss over what is now turning into a non-event ?

You look at contemporary artists to the Stones. Dylan goes into a recording studio and there is never the same degree of fuss. McCartney releases an album of standards, and then tells us that Ram will be reissued on 22/05/12.

All we get are just tantalising equivalents of trench warfare: the side move two steps forward, then one step back.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: April 12, 2012 20:36

tomcasagranda
Why the fuss over what is now turning into a non-event ?

You look at contemporary artists to the Stones. Dylan goes into a recording studio and there is never the same degree of fuss. McCartney releases an album of standards, and then tells us that Ram will be reissued on 22/05/12.

All we get are just tantalising equivalents of trench warfare: the side move two steps forward, then one step back.

And don't forget, there will be a album with new songs this year in addition.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: April 12, 2012 20:47

Robertjohnson,

There's more chance of your namesake rising from his sarcophagus in Clarksdale, or wherever, than the Stones releasing a new album.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: April 12, 2012 20:48

He meant McCartney, not the Stones.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1756
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home