Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
Ronnie: Stones to go into studio soon
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 10, 2012 01:13

Ronnie Wood: Rolling Stones to go into studio soon
By MESFIN FEKADU, Associated Press – 34 minutes ago

NEW YORK (AP) — Ronnie Wood says the Rolling Stones will meet in a recording studio later this month "to just throw some ideas around."

The guitarist for the legendary rock group said Monday that he and the band just want "to get the feel again."

He also added that the Rolling Stones 50th anniversary is like training for something big.

"It's like working out for the Olympics or something," Wood said. "You've got to go into training. So we're going to go into training."

Wood made the comments Monday in an interview following a press conference for his exhibition, "Faces, Time and Places," which features his own paintings. It includes pieces of him and his band mates, as well as Muhammad Ali and Al Pacino.

Wood, who said he first started painting at age 3, enjoys doing it because it's a reflection of his own ideas, unlike music, which he calls "a group effort."

The exhibit launched Monday and will close June 30.

Wood's week will get busier when he is inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on Saturday as a member of The Faces, along with Rod Stewart. It will be the second induction for the 64-year-old Wood. The Rolling Stones were inducted in 1989.

He'll also perform a solo show at the Golden Nugget in Atlantic City, N.J., on April 21. When asked what fans should expect, he said: "Lots of surprises because I'm going to surprise myself. I don't know what the hell is coming next. The whole set list is going to be made up. I'm making it up every day now."

Wood says he would love go on a solo tour "if I had enough time, but I have too many commitments."

He also talked about possibly recording another solo album.

"Lots of people don't know I've made seven, 'cause most of my albums escape; they're not released," he said, laughing. "Keith (Richards) says they all skyrocket to oblivion."

On the Net:
[www.ronniewood.com]
[www.rollingstones.com]
Copyright © 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

[www.google.com] ocId=37bae94261b84a15b9e3ed2278af68ef

Re: Ronnie: Stones to go into studio soon
Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: April 10, 2012 01:27

Thanks Edith Grove for the update, much appreciated. Looking forward to new songs and a new tour which I still firmly believe will happen.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 10, 2012 01:27

Sounds good. Thanks

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 10, 2012 01:30

confirms the info we received regarding 'Tour 2013', so this is good news.

I recall them saying new album rehearsals or something like that, April 2012.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 10, 2012 01:57

Hilarious...they just reported 'Ronnie Wood declares Stones to head back to studio' on CBC Newsworld, Canada's equivalent to CNN.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: April 10, 2012 03:40

Ronnie is the best.

I guess that look on his face coming out of the meeting (in some other post!) was his disappointment that he couldn't book his own solo tour!

Bring it on!

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: April 10, 2012 03:48

didnt they already do this in december with zero results?

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: April 10, 2012 03:51

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: April 10, 2012 07:25

no mellillo

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: April 10, 2012 19:39

It's great they are heading into the studio again to record new music. Please Chuck, if you read this, please insist it to become a full-length album of new songs, not just a compilation. Thank you.

By the way, there are several threads on this topic. Why not merge them all bv?

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: April 10, 2012 20:09

billwebster
It's great they are heading into the studio again to record new music. Please Chuck, if you read this, please insist it to become a full-length album of new songs, not just a compilation. Thank you.

Good idea to merge these posts, I agree.

AS to "Chuck", Chuck who?

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: April 10, 2012 20:32

billwebster

Please Chuck, if you read this, please don't take part in recording the new album and new tour, then insist to be replaced by Ian McLagan.

Ronnie Wood: Rolling Stones to go into studio soon
Posted by: Laughingsam ()
Date: April 10, 2012 05:00

Didn't see this posted yet. AP release with a dateline of 9 April 2012:

(text only, link at bottom)

NEW YORK (AP) — Ronnie Wood says the Rolling Stones will meet in a recording studio later this month "to just throw some ideas around."

The guitarist for the legendary rock group said Monday that he and the band just want "to get the feel again."

He also added that the Rolling Stones 50th anniversary is like training for something big.

"It's like working out for the Olympics or something," Wood said. "You've got to go into training. So we're going to go into training."

Wood made the comments Monday in an interview following a press conference for his exhibition, "Faces, Time and Places," which features his own paintings. It includes pieces of him and his band mates, as well as Muhammad Ali and Al Pacino.

Wood, who said he first started painting at age 3, enjoys doing it because it's a reflection of his own ideas, unlike music, which he calls "a group effort."

The exhibit launched Monday and will close June 30.

Wood's week will get busier when he is inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on Saturday as a member of The Faces, along with Rod Stewart. It will be the second induction for the 64-year-old Wood. The Rolling Stones were inducted in 1989.

He'll also perform a solo show at the Golden Nugget in Atlantic City, N.J., on April 21. When asked what fans should expect, he said: "Lots of surprises because I'm going to surprise myself. I don't know what the hell is coming next. The whole set list is going to be made up. I'm making it up every day now."

Wood says he would love go on a solo tour "if I had enough time, but I have too many commitments."

He also talked about possibly recording another solo album.

"Lots of people don't know I've made seven, 'cause most of my albums escape; they're not released," he said, laughing. "Keith (Richards) says they all skyrocket to oblivion."

from Yahoo! news source -- Yahoo! news

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-10 05:00 by Laughingsam.

Re: Ronnie Wood: Rolling Stones to go into studio soon
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 10, 2012 05:15

smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-10 23:22 by Edith Grove.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 10, 2012 05:22

In New York I presume? I doubt Bill will be there for the first round but I'm hoping he is. peace

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: April 10, 2012 07:02

ok great news !

now we can think that we'll have a new album next year and "some kind of a last world tour" ...sorry I don't know how to say exactly cos you never know with these guys.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: April 10, 2012 09:56

i really cannot imagine a big size tour

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 10, 2012 10:14

Laughingsam
Didn't see this posted yet.

As Edith Grove already very delicately pointed out:
Yes, it has been posted before [www.iorr.org]

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: April 10, 2012 10:42

I hope they remake Fortune Teller.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 10, 2012 11:24

Hmph,... while some people seem to see this as a "deal done", to me all those little indications of the grand old cheme - new album, a new tour - seem to sound more and more shakey. Even Ronnie who is infamous for his positive big mouth does not sound very convincing. The idea to see each other in the studio is, of course, a very positive sign that something might happen, but to go to studio "to just throw some ideas around" and "to get the feel again" does not sound very promising scenario. I would'n read a new studio album being somehow a natural consequence of that. At lreast it says that the band is REALLY rusty, and don't seem to have much "feel". The jam in December wasn't really fruitful in that sense? They seem to start in zero.

And the odd metaphor of Olympics... I would say thay have started the training really last minute or too late if they really are going to be in shape during the games (2012-13). They had more than a full olympiad - four years - to be ready in 2012. I mean, if they really are so old diesel engine to warm up as it looks now - a three day jam in December, now a studio session to find the "feel" - it will be 2016 when the motor is finally running....

I don't know. They have now with their best effort confused the birth year by their talk of Charlie's joining being somehow crucial. With this tactics they have skipped the tour scenario to next year. If it will really happen some day, something has happened behind the screen, which has forced the plans to skip the 2012. This year seemed to come to early for them. Which is absurd. They had - what? - five years to make plans for that. Maybe we will hear the real reason some day why this year was booked "only" for a documentary film and some books (as Ronnie said in other interview), or whatever "lovely things" they might be. Anyway, It's going to be a damn great documentary if they have put all their Stones energy in their anniversary year to that!tongue sticking out smiley

There seems to be two different descriptions of these recent Stones activities. Keith nad Ronnie give the picture that the band is warming up and trying to find the "feel", while Jagger seems to ignore them all and is just promoting the documentary. My guts is that the studio session is somehow connected to the documentary movie as I think the London jam session has been as well; like they were scheduled only for adding material to the documnetary. I am very skeptical that any new album or a tour will happen, even though some sort of performances I belieive will happen. But this is just my feeling 10th of April, 2012. I reserve the right to change or readjust my feelings...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-10 11:33 by Doxa.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 10, 2012 11:30

i really cannot imagine a big size tour

.....darken ya room...close ya eyes and gulp down a hand full of mind-expanding drugs ....let us know how ya go

ROCKMAN

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: April 10, 2012 12:05

Big surprise album of unreleased tracks coming, and they're just hoping for a
few good new ones to add to it.

OR

Fifty Licks coming, and they're just hoping for a few good new ones to add to it.

I've long maintained that its likely the former, since no tour is on the
immediate horizon. They'll save Fifty-One Licks for if and when they tour.
Or officially call it quits. Or both.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 10, 2012 12:16

Ronnie is a great guy, love him, but he has a bg mouth..
Shame he wont do a solo tour.
and Keefs remark about Ronnies cds............
Like keefs records will really be much remembered.
jeroen

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 10, 2012 12:48

corriecas
Like keefs records will really be much remembered.
jeroen

Well, actually the best Keith quote I have heard for a long time... And I can wholeheartedly say "Spot on, Keith!" >grinning smiley<

- Doxa

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: April 10, 2012 13:05

Maybe this meeting in the studio is the final acid test to see if they can muster enough energy and ability to put out a few gigs. They can then fall back on recording a few tracks for a new album if not. Hell, it might all be good and they do both...or it might all come to nothing. As usual, we aint got a clue!

Posted by: rogue ()
Date: April 10, 2012 13:21

Since we are all Internet doctors and psychologists here is my diagnosis.

The dec jam did not go well for Keith. He needed more time and the travel is an issue. Also london is slowly becoming a zoo prior to the summer olympics. thus, they go to NY sans bill wyman.

On the flip side and writing as a fan and still with some optomism... NY is actually a surprise announcement of some sort. They like to announce plans in NY and it is that time of year for Stones tour announcements. Does anyone else feel like Ronnies induction, his solo gig, and the NY studio time the with Stones are not a coincidence?

Something very cool could happen soon.

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: April 10, 2012 15:19

Doxa
Even Ronnie who is infamous for his positive big mouth does not sound very convincing.
- Doxa

hahaha exactly...i wince everytime Ron EWood says anything because it's guaranteed to jinx it...historically anyway...

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 10, 2012 15:28

corriecas

What did Keith say about Ronnie's albums?

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: April 10, 2012 15:34

video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: April 10, 2012 15:38

Naturalust
In New York I presume? I doubt Bill will be there for the first round but I'm hoping he is. peace

Well, if Bill didn't particularly care for driving across half of France several times a week to find Keith not ready to play 40+ years ago, I kind of doubt he will commute across the Atlantic now.

Even though I am 100% sure the Stones can churn out some good, or at least interesting stuff in the studio [provided they open things up for others a bit to bounce off some ideas - I think an insular Mick/Keith "team" has lost the "magic" as heretical as that may sound on a Stones board], we all know as surely as Bill, he won't be missing a new "Exile". But yeah, No Bill = one more nail in the coffin of a satisfying Stones finale.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1838
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home