Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT- Junk Guitars
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 28, 2012 05:55

fingers

Whoa...
note to self....
Keep all guitars away from large drill presses... and beavers.. YIKES!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-28 05:57 by Max'sKansasCity.

Re: OT- Junk Guitars
Date: April 28, 2012 08:21

Naturalust
StonesHippieRecluse
Naturalust
Yeah max I could hang out in that corner of yours for a good while and feel right at home. Thanks again for the beautiful guitar pictures. peace

Hi.Naturalust were you into the Hippie scene?

Not a straighforward answer to that question SHR, The scene being 1966 to 1969 or so , I was just a toddler. I had a big sister who was a hippie and I loved her and ALL of her girlfriends. They had a huge impact on my life.

I was always curious almost infactuated with the transformation in our culture that produced the hippie generation. Amazed at how a relatively small group of people in SF, CA could so drastically affect my life in the mountains of Montana. Then of course I grew up a bit, dropped acid, picked up a guitar and things started making sense.

I have always been the one to stand up for the freakiness, the love, the music and the good values that hippies taught me as a kid. But in reality, I was a generation behind them. Probably me and my friends took all their experiments to the end to see if they held water. Some did, some didn't.

There was a time when every other dude who had long hair like me was somehow considered a friend and brother. I still wear my hair long. As David Crosby said, I feel like I owe it to someone. Being non-judgemental about all other people, no matter where they are on the karmic wheel, was a lesson that stuck.

The music is where it all gelled for me. Hendrix, The Stones, The Airplane, Traffic. I have centered my life around it and have never looked back. So yes I was into the hippie scene, 20 years too late but with a few lessons behind me that allowed it to work in my life. Rock shows and hippie chicks will always have a special place in my heart. Both have been VERY good to me. Hope that answers your question.

What about you brother, what is your story? peace

smileys with beer

Flower Power
PEACE

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1961
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home