Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 38
Re: Stones tour pushed back to 2013
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 15, 2012 03:42

dewlover
So more evidence I've been right on all along...The ongoing negativity from some of you cats tells me you don't truly understand this band and/or these type of artists in general...I mean you go on and on about Mick's not committed, Keef's arthritic, bumped his head, whatever, never realizing you know less than nothing about what you speak...

Y'all might as well face it, The Rolling Stones will never "retire", at this point, they can only fade away...

I can't even understand what you're ranting on about. You're right about what exactly? The ongoing negativity, the fact that 'we' don't understand the Rolling Stones, the fact you think they can only fade away?

Why are you giving yourself the credit for?

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: March 15, 2012 03:44

stonescrow
GumbootCloggeroo
dewlover
So more evidence I've been right on all along...The ongoing negativity from some of you cats tells me you don't truly understand this band and/or these type of artists in general...I mean you go on and on about Mick's not committed, Keef's arthritic, bumped his head, whatever, never realizing you know less than nothing about what you speak...

Oh how we are so grateful to have you, the almighty dewlover! You are the only one that truly understands The Rolling Stones. You are the IORR Sage. You are a gift from the rock gods! eye rolling smiley

You forgot to mention Rolling Hansie, Colonial, KCMax, Stonescrow, and scores of others.

And bv of course.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: March 15, 2012 03:46

bam
With respect to the Stones insider quote about Keith's health -- it's often true that when a named source is quoted in the article, and an unnamed source is found a paragraph or two away, the reporter is quoting the named source, but was told the quote wasn't for attribution. If I had to guess, Mick was the unnamed insider source about Keith's health.

Interesting take. Are you a journalist?

If Mick said "Keith's health" I wonder if he meant "Keith's hands"?

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: March 15, 2012 03:50

There will be a full rubuttal of this story by this time tomorrow regardless if its true or not. Jagger and his lawyers are on the phone screaming at Jann Wenner from Rolling Stone magazine as we speak.
By this time tomorrow, all will be well with Keith

Posted by: bam ()
Date: March 15, 2012 03:52

No, but I do have some experience with reporters.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-15 04:35 by bam.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: March 15, 2012 04:00

tomcasagranda
In all honesty, I really don't think anything will happen in 2013.

A documentary is neither here, nor there: we already had 25 x 5.

What will happen in 2012 ? The new recordings will fall into disunity, and not be released.

I wouldn't be surprised if this happens, but Jagger was quoted not so long ago as having worked with Charlie and says he has a few songs. Keith says he has a few songs of his own and that they'll record a few. In the end, if it falls apart, I believe Jagger will bring in Jeff Beck and/or Mick Taylor and polish it off separately and we will see it released.

Date: March 15, 2012 04:04

KRiffhard
JumpinJeppeFlash
andrewt
From Rolling Stone:
[www.rollingstone.com]

By Patrick Doyle
March 14, 2012 10:00 AM ET
Mick Jagger and Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones perform in 2007.REUTERS/Andrea Comas /LandovBelow is an abridged version of a story that appears in the upcoming issue of Rolling Stone, issue 1153 with Bruce Springsteen on the cover.

The Rolling Stones will not tour to mark their 50th anniversary this year, Rolling Stone has learned after separate interviews with Mick Jagger and Keith Richards. "Basically, we’re just not ready," says Richards. Instead, 2013 is the new goal. "I have a feeling that’s more realistic," he adds.

Stones insiders say that one reason for the delay is Richards' health, which has raised questions about his ability to make it through a worldwide tour. A top concert-business source confirms the reservations over Richards’ condition and suggests that it is more likely that the band will avoid traveling in favor of camping out in major cities for multinight runs in arenas, similar to Prince's recent stands in New York and Los Angeles.

The Stones are already considering offers: The band asked for proposals from promoters AEG, Live Nation and longtime Stones promoter Michael Cohl. "We're drilling down on this new proposal," says the source.

The band may not be touring, but they will be busy through the end of the year with projects including new studio sessions and a major documentary. According to Richards, the Stones will begin rehearsing for a studio session as early as next month. "We’ll just get the boys back together again then and maybe cut a side," he says. "I’ve got plenty in the locker here, but it’s not on tape."

The news comes after the band gathered in a London studio in December and played together for the first time since the final night of the marathon two-year Bigger Bang tour in August 2007. Making the occasion even more special, former bassist Bill Wyman sat in for the first time since he left in 1992. "We played a lot of blues and outtakes of Some Girls and things like that," says Jagger. "It went very well."

Adds Richards, "It was a very back-to-basics sort of session. There was a lot of jamming. On the third day, Mick turned up, which was a real joy. Because I set it up really as a magnet, you know."

In the meantime, fans will get their Stones fix from the upcoming documentary, out in the fall, which will trace the band's entire 50-year journey and is packed with unseen footage and unreleased music. "Nobody has put the story together as a narrative," says the movie's director, Brett Morgen, who made 2002's The Kid Stays in the Picture. "We've been looking under every rock going through their archives. It will be music never heard before, and I've conducted 50-plus hours of interviews so far. By the time we're done, they will be the most extensive group interviews they've ever done." Says Richards, "He told me 80 percent of the footage has never been seen before, which amazes me. I didn't know there was that much around."

Despite holding off on touring this year, the band is still buzzing from reuniting with Wyman. "We're back in touch, which is great, because I hadn't really spoken to him for years," says Richards. Will Wyman rejoin the group on the road in 2013? "I think he's up for it," Richards says. "We talked about it. I'll let you know when I can."

And Richards points out that next year works just as well for an anniversary trek. "The Stones always really considered '63 to be 50 years, because Charlie [Watts] didn't actually join until January," Richards says. "We look upon 2012 as sort of the year of conception, but the birth is next year."

For the full story, read the March 29th, 2012 issue of Rolling Stone, available on stands and in Rolling Stone All Access March 16th.

This is so sad but it´s what i´ve said all the time, Keith can´t do it well enough anymore and he has got big issues with his fingers and head. It was very obvious during the Hubert Sumlin tribute. It´s over when it comes to touring, but it´s really great news with the docu. Really looking forward to that. Those of you that still think Keith will be able to pull off a tour in 2013, stop living in denial and try to be realistic. I would love one last tour as well, but i would hate to see my long time hero in this poor shape with big health issues trying to perform on a stage.

thumbs up

Yeah basically. Too many people seem to be in denial. Does anyone suppose The Stones can go out on tour and have a total train wreck and it can be absolved by Jane Rose or someone having a short video released after the fact, so the faithful can say, "wow, did you see that? Keith was really good in those rehearsals".

Date: March 15, 2012 04:08

[/quote]

I wouldn't be surprised if this happens, but Jagger was quoted not so long ago as having worked with Charlie and says he has a few songs. Keith says he has a few songs of his own and that they'll record a few. In the end, if it falls apart, I believe Jagger will bring in Jeff Beck and/or Mick Taylor and polish it off separately and we will see it released.[/quote]

Don't forget that Mick himself does a pretty good Keith impersonation on guitar. (Open G opening on Sad Sad Sad is Mr. Jagger)

Date: March 15, 2012 04:22

Send It To me

I wouldn't be surprised if this happens, but Jagger was quoted not so long ago as having worked with Charlie and says he has a few songs. Keith says he has a few songs of his own and that they'll record a few. In the end, if it falls apart, I believe Jagger will bring in Jeff Beck and/or Mick Taylor and polish it off separately and we will see it released.[/quote]

Don't forget that Mick himself does a pretty good Keith impersonation on guitar. (Open G opening on Sad Sad Sad is Mr. Jagger)[/quote]

Yes, that's right!

Plus on Plundered My Soul, we found out Mick can do Keef's vocals fairly well too.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 15, 2012 04:27

detroitken
Sooo..the obvious question to me is "what is the Health Issue "???

He's fried.

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: March 15, 2012 04:43

Chuck Berry played about 20 shows in 2010 and he was born in 1926.
Do you think if he can still play at the age of 84 the Stones cant play a few dates at their age?

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: March 15, 2012 04:54

Skimmed through the new RS magazine and read the full article; it almost seemed like some of the research came from the very pages of IORR.

Anyway, I hope someone puts the scans up...

Date: March 15, 2012 04:58

Justin
Skimmed through the new RS magazine and read the full article; it almost seemed like some of the research came from the very pages of IORR.

Anyway, I hope someone puts the scans up...

Interesting, isn't it!smoking smiley

Date: March 15, 2012 05:12

Christopher
Do you think if he can still play at the age of 84 the Stones cant play a few dates at their age?

Very good point. And right on the money.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 15, 2012 05:20

So, we have some sort of confirmation that Richards' condition is a real issue. We have (possibly) Wyman back in the fold, which is delightful. We have new sessions, which may or may not be any good. We have a new documentary, which sounds great. Sadly, no word about Taylor. Maybe band politics blocked his return? All in all, glass at least half-full I would say.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: March 15, 2012 05:22

KRiffhard
JumpinJeppeFlash
andrewt
From Rolling Stone:
[www.rollingstone.com]

By Patrick Doyle
Mick Jagger and Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones perform in 2007.REUTERS/Andrea Comas /LandovBelow is an abridged version of a story that appears in the upcoming issue of Rolling Stone, issue 1153 with Bruce Springsteen on the cover.

The Rolling Stones will not tour to mark their 50th anniversary this year, Rolling Stone has learned after separate interviews with Mick Jagger and Keith Richards. "Basically, we’re just not ready," says Richards. Instead, 2013 is the new goal. "I have a feeling that’s more realistic," he adds.

Stones insiders say that one reason for the delay is Richards' health, which has raised questions about his ability to make it through a worldwide tour. A top concert-business source confirms the reservations over Richards’ condition and suggests that it is more likely that the band will avoid traveling in favor of camping out in major cities for multinight runs in arenas, similar to Prince's recent stands in New York and Los Angeles.

The Stones are already considering offers: The band asked for proposals from promoters AEG, Live Nation and longtime Stones promoter Michael Cohl. "We're drilling down on this new proposal," says the source.

The band may not be touring, but they will be busy through the end of the year with projects including new studio sessions and a major documentary. According to Richards, the Stones will begin rehearsing for a studio session as early as next month. "We’ll just get the boys back together again then and maybe cut a side," he says. "I’ve got plenty in the locker here, but it’s not on tape."

The news comes after the band gathered in a London studio in December and played together for the first time since the final night of the marathon two-year Bigger Bang tour in August 2007. Making the occasion even more special, former bassist Bill Wyman sat in for the first time since he left in 1992. "We played a lot of blues and outtakes of Some Girls and things like that," says Jagger. "It went very well."

Adds Richards, "It was a very back-to-basics sort of session. There was a lot of jamming. On the third day, Mick turned up, which was a real joy. Because I set it up really as a magnet, you know."

In the meantime, fans will get their Stones fix from the upcoming documentary, out in the fall, which will trace the band's entire 50-year journey and is packed with unseen footage and unreleased music. "Nobody has put the story together as a narrative," says the movie's director, Brett Morgen, who made 2002's The Kid Stays in the Picture. "We've been looking under every rock going through their archives. It will be music never heard before, and I've conducted 50-plus hours of interviews so far. By the time we're done, they will be the most extensive group interviews they've ever done." Says Richards, "He told me 80 percent of the footage has never been seen before, which amazes me. I didn't know there was that much around."

Despite holding off on touring this year, the band is still buzzing from reuniting with Wyman. "We're back in touch, which is great, because I hadn't really spoken to him for years," says Richards. Will Wyman rejoin the group on the road in 2013? "I think he's up for it," Richards says. "We talked about it. I'll let you know when I can."

And Richards points out that next year works just as well for an anniversary trek. "The Stones always really considered '63 to be 50 years, because Charlie [Watts] didn't actually join until January," Richards says. "We look upon 2012 as sort of the year of conception, but the birth is next year."

For the full story, read the March 29th, 2012 issue of Rolling Stone, available on stands and in Rolling Stone All Access March 16th.

This is so sad but it´s what i´ve said all the time, Keith can´t do it well enough anymore and he has got big issues with his fingers and head. It was very obvious during the Hubert Sumlin tribute. It´s over when it comes to touring, but it´s really great news with the docu. Really looking forward to that. Those of you that still think Keith will be able to pull off a tour in 2013, stop living in denial and try to be realistic. I would love one last tour as well, but i would hate to see my long time hero in this poor shape with big health issues trying to perform on a stage.

thumbs up

As a long time Stones fan who would like to be optimistic about their future, this latest read from Rolling Stone magazine (which historically has been on top of Stones events and has been an advocate for them) is pretty alarming. It pretty much states what many on the site have long suspected about the state of Keith's health. It would really distress me dearly to watch a potential train wreck on stage. These guys just ain't like an old blues act that can just sit down in a chair-they are performers of high energy rock and roll. Mick jagger is a perfectionist type and unless I really have misread this guy, he ain't gonna go out on stage and look stupid (especially on a 50th anniversary tour) in front of the whole world (unless of course he can divert attention from Keith by having the usual circus of support players on stage to compensate).
To the Rolling Stones: if you are reading this, you have given the world so much with your endless catalogue of great & timeless music. You don't owe anybody anything and you don't have to prove anything as you've already done it many times over. Go out on top, you earned it. I can't speak for others on this board but I would be happy re-living great moments from your past (and what made you great) with any unreleased material from the archives.

Date: March 15, 2012 05:22

24FPS
I saw Muddy Waters when he was sitting down. Still powerful.

thumbs up

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: March 15, 2012 05:23

for the last 23 years or so...i've been the one out of my friend group that's stuck up for them when all of the old cliches' started coming out..

for the first time ever...i have a bad feeling about it...and it's just because of how Keith has been since 2005 and especially after the incident...it's the longest period of inactivity ever...and there has to be a reason for it...

cheering him on after those horrid performances as of late is pretty condescending...it's not like he doesn't have all of the money in the world to hire the best doctors ever...this is why it's troubling...just Google "Keith Richards Hands" and look at the pictures...yeesh...it's so over...and it bums me out...

Date: March 15, 2012 05:25

71Tele
So, we have some sort of confirmation that Richards' condition is a real issue. We have (possibly) Wyman back in the fold, which is delightful. We have new sessions, which may or may not be any good. We have a new documentary, which sounds great. Sadly, no word about Taylor. Maybe band politics blocked his return? All in all, glass at least half-full I would say.

With a little luck everything is going to turn out just fine.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: March 15, 2012 05:25

i am believer . the thought of a new studo album is very nice. look forward to the last time next year.thanks for posting the article.

Date: March 15, 2012 05:29

cowboytoast
for the last 23 years or so...i've been the one out of my friend group that's stuck up for them when all of the old cliches' started coming out..

for the first time ever...i have a bad feeling about it...and it's just because of how Keith has been since 2005 and especially after the incident...it's the longest period of inactivity ever...and there has to be a reason for it...

cheering him on after those horrid performances as of late is pretty condescending...it's not like he doesn't have all of the money in the world to hire the best doctors ever...this is why it's troubling...just Google "Keith Richards Hands" and look at the pictures...yeesh...it's so over...and it bums me out...

I have felt for a long time that Keith's health problems - whatever they are, are the thing holding things up. They need a work-around, and how do you work around the fact that the guy who used to be the musical engine of the band can no longer do it? The obvious answer (to me) is you use both Wood and Mick Taylor to cover for Keith. This would be appropriate, as three Stones guitar legends would share the stage at the end of their career, and from a practical point of view you have two other guitarists who are very familiar with Keith's style and parts - enough to do credible versions of pretty much any Rolling Stones song. This would let Keith coast a bit and bask in the glory, and frankly he's earned it. I cannot imagine why they would opt for Jeff Beck or any other solution than this obvious one which would keep all the guitars in the hands of actual Rolling Stones. Unless of course that the animus toward Taylor is still so strong and the feelings so petty that they want to exclude him no matter what.

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: March 15, 2012 05:31

also...this article wouldn't have come out unless someone in the Stones camp wanted it to...

ie: Mick...

maybe it's his way to get a jab in..."Hey, I might have a tiny todger...but at least it still gets hard"

and i want to still be a believer too...cuz i have loved them always...i'm certainly not just trying to be a naysayer for the heck of it..

i hope all of it DOES happen..

Date: March 15, 2012 05:32

Sighunt
KRiffhard
JumpinJeppeFlash
andrewt
From Rolling Stone:
[www.rollingstone.com]

By Patrick Doyle

thumbs up

As a long time Stones fan who would like to be optimistic about their future, this latest read from Rolling Stone magazine (which historically has been on top of Stones events and has been an advocate for them) is pretty alarming. It pretty much states what many on the site have long suspected about the state of Keith's health. It would really distress me dearly to watch a potential train wreck on stage. These guys just ain't like an old blues act that can just sit down in a chair-they are performers of high energy rock and roll. Mick jagger is a perfectionist type and unless I really have misread this guy, he ain't gonna go out on stage and look stupid (especially on a 50th anniversary tour) in front of the whole world (unless of course he can divert attention from Keith by having the usual circus of support players on stage to compensate).
To the Rolling Stones: if you are reading this, you have given the world so much with your endless catalogue of great & timeless music. You don't owe anybody anything and you don't have to prove anything as you've already done it many times over. Go out on top, you earned it. I can't speak for others on this board but I would be happy re-living great moments from your past (and what made you great) with any unreleased material from the archives.

Very nice words, and sincere concerns, but trust me, everything is going to work out.

Date: March 15, 2012 05:38

stonescrow
Sighunt
KRiffhard
JumpinJeppeFlash
andrewt
From Rolling Stone:
[www.rollingstone.com]

By Patrick Doyle

thumbs up

Very nice words, and sincere concerns, but trust me, everything is going to work out.

Just your natural (and admirable) faith and optism Sonescrow, or do you have some info we don't?

Re: Stones tour pushed back to 2013- Keith's health a concern
Date: March 15, 2012 05:46

Naturalust
About time we heard something, thanks andrewt!

As far as Keith's health is concerned, plenty he can do in a year to improve his arthritic condition! Naysayers be damned. The science of such has greatly improved in recent years. Mostly diet and magic supplements like Botswellia Serrata and crushed crayfish shells. I'll bet he's doing what he can in that regard, we can only hope for the best.

Plenty of time for folks to start saving their nickels too. I can finally now say that the rumors I heard were indeed from a certain promoter, now that the cat is out of the bag. Whoo Hoo! peace

Can you put Botswellia and crayfish shells in Shepherd's pie?

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: March 15, 2012 05:53

I'd think this is Mick's way of letting everyone know that he's not standing in the way of the Stones performing. Keith is playing very well in the studio. If nothing unexpected happens, I would be confident that they will put together an act for the dates next year. I also wouldn't be surprised if both Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor were part of that act. As for KR, he'll be rocking. It won't be like when Pete Townshend played acoustic guitar behind glass for the Who in '89.

I also would not be surprised if the new studio recordings were part of a box set or the like rather than a full album, though that may depend on how the sessions go. Either way, this is all with an eye toward the Stonex gearing up, not down.

Date: March 15, 2012 05:59

tomcasagranda

What will happen in 2012 ? The new recordings will fall into disunity, and not be released.

There'll be no deluxe GHS with Brussels Affair as a bonus disc 2. Inertia will reign, and it will all be hype.

I can console myself that, unlike Keith, Bob Dylan has good and bad nights on stage, and that a new album is forthcoming. It is something to look forward to, whereas the Stones keep feeding us on thin gruel.

Hmm, who let Debbie Downer in? smoking smiley

Date: March 15, 2012 06:09

Christopher

I don't think the entire group is the issue...however the weakest link is only as strong as they can be.

Date: March 15, 2012 06:10

71Tele
tomcasagranda

There'll be no deluxe GHS with Brussels Affair as a bonus disc 2. Inertia will reign, and it will all be hype.

I can console myself that, unlike Keith, Bob Dylan has good and bad nights on stage, and that a new album is forthcoming. It is something to look forward to, whereas the Stones keep feeding us on thin gruel.

Hmm, who let Debbie Downer in? smoking smiley

I thought she had moved to Dallas?

Date: March 15, 2012 06:11

Keith Richards health has beeen a concern for tour promotors since 1972.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112...LastNext
Current Page: 7 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2450
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home