Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 38
Re: Stones tour pushed back to 2013- Keith's health a concern
Date: March 15, 2012 00:49

GumbootCloggeroo
The GR
Now ban these ridiculous 2012 tour threads ans ALL tour threads till at least October
But can mickscarey continue with the "done deal"? smiling smiley

Alright! He gets another year of running that brokern record! And even if they do some shows it's still not a "done deal" because that has been about a TOUR.

Re: Stones tour pushed back to 2013
Date: March 15, 2012 00:54

proudmary
shortfatfanny
proudmary
"At last month’s blues concert at the White House, Jagger said it was no easy task to pull a Stones tour together. “You can’t just walk up there and do it,” he told Rolling Stone. "If you’re playing a football tournament, you’ve got to practice. I feel very confident. I don’t want to sound cocky, but it’s just part of what you do. If you prepare, then you can be cocky.”
[latimesblogs.latimes.com]

So, he basically says it's Richards who isn't prepared.

That´s what you basically read into it...

This remark clearly shows that all the talk about Richards health is an excuse to save face. If there are problems now, they will remain or intensify in the coming year.
I personally think there will be no major tour in 2013(I predicted no 2012 tour too) As for Richards - he has been talking about touring for the last 2 years and now it's going to happen in 2013(and with Bill Wyman who fears to fly). BS!

Ahhhh, that's Life.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: March 15, 2012 00:58

As long as we and the Stones are alive we are free to speculate about a fifty years of Steel Wheels tour in the future. After KR's recent performances I believe that the band's time as a working unit are over. Why should there be a tour with Richards beeing incapable of riffing. A tour with him playing as he did recently would be an horrible nightmare. I wish Keith Richards pleasant years of retirement.

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: March 15, 2012 01:01

Sooo..the obvious question to me is "what is the Health Issue "???

Date: March 15, 2012 01:05

Just in general. Keith's general health. In general.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 15, 2012 01:19

detroitken
Sooo..the obvious question to me is "what is the Health Issue "???

The brain injury, the arthritic hands, I can't imagine what the liver or lungs look like.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 15, 2012 01:20

I think it's basically down to this: Mick doesn't want another tour but he has a hard time letting down all the money it would bring. And by not quitting officially he realizes that there are much profit to be made from merchandise. I mean, the sell everything now from bottles of wine to lithographs and you name it!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: March 15, 2012 01:22

The "health" issue is probably a blanket phrase that could include the head injury from years back...

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 15, 2012 01:26

I'm sad.

Date: March 15, 2012 01:39

yeah, i'm sad too the more this is sinking in. great for all the archive stuff...hopefully this 'new album' comes to fruition from whatever they're supposedly doing in April.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: March 15, 2012 01:49

didn't keith play some acoustic guitar when he did his book interview for CBS sunday morning. anybody got that clip?

plus, i saw slane castle and was on the b-stage rail for the first O2 show. it was great. they were all very happy. it seemed then that they could have gone on. the rumor was they would play small "winter 1973" tours of 10+ shows every year going forward. they never did but based on what took place five feet in front of my face it seemed possible.

saitama japan; midnight rambler is before fiji, right?

but who knows? maybe keith did have a stroke instead of a bump on the head and the touring days are gone. sad but really the best four decade ride ever. i'm proud and very happy with everything i've gotten from them. STONES RULE!

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: March 15, 2012 01:57

A mad 24 hours. Gone from the excitement of Ronnie's upcoming gig to the announcement of no tour this year.
Not good.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 15, 2012 02:04

Seems like it's all about cashing in. They did quit in 2007 but by keeping up the illusion that the band still exists they can score lucrative commercial deals to sell almost anything.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: March 15, 2012 02:10

Stoneage
Seems like it's all about cashing in. They did quit in 2007 but by keeping up the illusion that the band still exists they can score lucrative commercial deals to sell almost anything.
I think you r 100% right,they will never announce it that is over,they will keep us hanging with the hope of a tour,just to keep selling mdse,and whatevewr else they can come up with to make a dollar.....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: bam ()
Date: March 15, 2012 02:12

With respect to the Stones insider quote about Keith's health -- it's often true that when a named source is quoted in the article, and an unnamed source is found a paragraph or two away, the reporter is quoting the named source, but was told the quote wasn't for attribution. If I had to guess, Mick was the unnamed insider source about Keith's health.

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: March 15, 2012 02:16

flairville
A mad 24 hours. Gone from the excitement of Ronnie's upcoming gig to the announcement of no tour this year.
Not good.

Not good? Guarantees another year of RSEF (Rolling Stones Event Foreplay)! I love it! Absolutely love it! Live for it! Let the drama continue! Just a little twist in the soap opera, that's all! Actually, I can live without another tour. Just give me one last album, a documentary, and one last farewell concert with Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman televised live on HBO. That's all!

Date: March 15, 2012 02:18

stonescrow
flairville
Not good.

Not good? Guarantees another year of RSEF (Rolling Stones Event Foreplay)! I love it! Absolutely love it! Live for it! Let the drama continue! Just a little twist in the soap opera, that's all! Actually, I can live without another tour. Just give me one last album, a documentary, and one last farewell concert with Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman televised live on HBO. That's all!

Well, you are living a true dream year this year aren't you!

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: March 15, 2012 02:37

I don´t know where the people read keith says the Stones will tour in 2013. Keith just says: no tour in 2012. And says something like "would be nice, maybe... is more realistic 2013"... but he doesn´t said the Stones will tour in 2013.

I am sorry.

Date: March 15, 2012 02:55

treaclefingers
stonescrow
flairville
Not good.

Well, you are living a true dream year this year aren't you!

The Beatles called it the Magical Mystery Tour!

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: March 15, 2012 03:10

So more evidence I've been right on all along...The ongoing negativity from some of you cats tells me you don't truly understand this band and/or these type of artists in general...I mean you go on and on about Mick's not committed, Keef's arthritic, bumped his head, whatever, never realizing you know less than nothing about what you speak...

Y'all might as well face it, The Rolling Stones will never "retire", at this point, they can only fade away...

Date: March 15, 2012 03:17

dewlover
So more evidence I've been right on all along...The ongoing negativity from some of you cats tells me you don't truly understand this band and/or these type of artists in general...I mean you go on and on about Mick's not committed, Keef's arthritic, bumped his head, whatever, never realizing you know less than nothing about what you speak...

Y'all might as well face it, The Rolling Stones will never "retire", at this point, they can only fade away...

thumbs up There needs to be a class taught on Understanding Your Rolling Stones!

Date: March 15, 2012 03:19

hot stuff
Great news..

I love to have a new killer album and a movie..Then tour...

It will be much more exciting knowing the band will tour with a new hit album
and not just a oldies tour..

If Keith and Mick work hard and write a great Stones album and then have Bill play..
Wow..That's all we can hope for..A new album will make it all even more exciting..

I love the fact that they may bring back Bill..I really missed him at bass...And he needs to be part of any
tour and NEW ALBUM that celebrates their 50 year anniversary..

New Album with Bill Wyman & Mick Taylor....The Stones are back!!!!!!!!

Back indeed, baby! Back indeed!smileys with beer

Date: March 15, 2012 03:20

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
GumbootCloggeroo
The GR
Now ban these ridiculous 2012 tour threads ans ALL tour threads till at least October
But can mickscarey continue with the "done deal"? smiling smiley

Alright! He gets another year of running that brokern record! And even if they do some shows it's still not a "done deal" because that has been about a TOUR.

Correct.

Posted by: rogue ()
Date: March 15, 2012 03:22

Not Fade Away

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: March 15, 2012 03:22

dewlover

Oh how we are so grateful to have you, the almighty dewlover! You are the only one that truly understands The Rolling Stones. You are the IORR Sage. You are a gift from the rock gods! eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-15 03:26 by GumbootCloggeroo.

Date: March 15, 2012 03:29

carlostones10
I don´t know where the people read keith says the Stones will tour in 2013. Keith just says: no tour in 2012. And says something like "would be nice, maybe... is more realistic 2013"... but he doesn´t said the Stones will tour in 2013.

I am sorry.

Read again. If you still don't see it then read between the lines. If you are going to understand your Rolling Stones you will need to master the art of reading between the lines. I am sorry.smiling smiley

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: March 15, 2012 03:30

dewlover

You nailed it. "Retiring" is an absolute senseless term at this stage in the Stones career. No gigs since 2007 - they're practically retired, however without officially declaring it. They're fading away - with archive releases and other product. "Fading away" makes sense to keep the brand name commercially valuable. I even doubt that we'll see an all-new album of freshly written and recorded material.

Date: March 15, 2012 03:34

GumbootCloggeroo
dewlover

Oh how we are so grateful to have you, the almighty dewlover! You are the only one that truly understands The Rolling Stones. You are the IORR Sage. You are a gift from the rock gods! eye rolling smiley

You forgot to mention Rolling Hansie, Colonial, KCMax, Stonescrow, and scores of others.

Date: March 15, 2012 03:38

alimente
dewlover

You nailed it. "Retiring" is an absolute senseless term at this stage in the Stones career. No gigs since 2007 - they're practically retired, however without officially declaring it. They're fading away - with archive releases and other product. "Fading away" makes sense to keep the brand name commercially valuable. I even doubt that we'll see an all-new album of freshly written and recorded material.

You will see a new studio album.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: March 15, 2012 03:40

crumbling_mice
A very strange message really. I agree that something has come to light quite recently which has forced some big plan changes. Whether it's Keith's health, the world economy, the general age of the band...could be all those things and more we havent heard of yet. Maybe they want to do the album and see what the sale are like and have a huge publicity push on the back of it.

For the record, I said quite a while back that I never thought Keith fell out of a tree...I think he had a stroke and had to be operated on. This would fit with some of his weird moments towards the end of the tour and possibly why he hasn't got his playing back together. It's only my opinion but I like it!

------------------

I've always shared the opinion Keith had a major stroke too. His subsequent physical and mental (memory) deterioration following the operation after the "accident" all point to it.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1743
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home