Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 38
Re: Stones tour pushed back to 2013
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 16, 2012 17:45

----

Sorry, accidental redundant post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-16 17:46 by 71Tele.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 16, 2012 17:46

Post scrubbed for security Porpoises by Stones No Security

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-16 18:49 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: March 16, 2012 17:49

Sam Spade
Some thoughts....

I tend to agree with the comment Gazza made that something must have happened in the past few weeks. When The Band met back in Sept 2011 Keith seemed to look well. Has his health deteriorated in 6 months or has his Dr suggested he not tour?

Yeah, what has happened in the past few weeks? Keith's public appearences? Mick saying: "Listen Keith, if you don't practice I won't go on tour with the band! No way I am going to destroy our legacy and brand name with performances like this!"

Or did he even say: "The band won't go on tour with you unless you practice and get your guitar chops together?"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-16 17:49 by alimente.

Date: March 16, 2012 17:51

alimente
Sam Spade
Some thoughts....

I tend to agree with the comment Gazza made that something must have happened in the past few weeks. When The Band met back in Sept 2011 Keith seemed to look well. Has his health deteriorated in 6 months or has his Dr suggested he not tour?

Yeah, what has happened in the past few weeks? Keith's public appearences? Mick saying: "Listen Keith, if you don't practice I won't go on tour with the band! No way I am going to destroy our legacy and brand name with performances like this!"

Or did he even say: "The band won't go on tour with you unless you practice and get your guitar chops together?"

Well, we're all waiting with baited breath for hbwriter to tell us what he thinks he knows.

Posted by: souldoggie ()
Date: March 16, 2012 18:02

Rocky Dijon
".........you proceed to post the news online for all to see just so you can be first, you no longer get any scoops because you're now cut off.

+1

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: March 16, 2012 18:15

71Tele
and Blondie can go back to doing whatever it is he did

Didn't Blondie sing with the Beach Boys? Sail On Sailor is one of my favourites. I reckon he can handle some backing vocals.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 16, 2012 18:22

Braincapers
71Tele

Didn't Blondie sing with the Beach Boys? Sail On Sailor is one of my favourites. I reckon he can handle some backing vocals.

Yes

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 16, 2012 18:30

Send It To me
Why do Brits call people who buy tickets "punters"?

Why is Bill afraid to die in a plane crash at the age of seventy freaking seven? He should be more afraid of falling down stairs.

but he has 'the clapper', so he can turn the light on from the top of the stairs.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: March 16, 2012 18:35

71Tele
alimente
Sam Spade
Some thoughts....

Well, we're all waiting with baited breath for hbwriter to tell us what he thinks he knows.

You know the most frustrating thing Tele is that not only are we being teased by HBWriter but apparently we've actually *overlooked* clues that have been dropped in recent threads.

Well, pouring over the last two months the nearest I can figure out is the its likely the Sons of The Beatles have filed an injunction against the tour in an international court to prevent the Stones from going out in a blaze of glory.

Date: March 16, 2012 18:45

Room1009
Next year feels about right for me, it becomes a tour for a reason rather than a reason for a tour. I was hating all that 50th golden anniversary crap anyway, hope that theme is ditched.

With or without BW, MT? I'll embrace the idea most if they're back in and do the whole tour. This becomes less interesting if it is for the occasional show during the tour. It whiffs badly if it is just for a few songs for a few shows, or less.

Well Bill isn't going to travel for a few songs on a few shows...if we get Bill, I would suspect it would be for an actual 'tour' (tour currently defined as numerous dates in a very few select cities).

Date: March 16, 2012 18:45

SweetThing
71Tele
alimente
Sam Spade
Some thoughts....

You know the most frustrating thing Tele is that not only are we being teased by HBWriter but apparently we've actually *overlooked* clues that have been dropped in recent threads.

Well, pouring over the last two months the nearest I can figure out is the its likely the Sons of The Beatles have filed an injunction against the tour in an international court to prevent the Stones from going out in a blaze of glory.

I think you're on to something! Where's theWatchman when we need him (or her)?

Date: March 16, 2012 18:47

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Gazza
Plans change from week to week, month to month. For whatever reason, thats what appears to have happened, judged by Keith's 'we're just not ready' wording.

And Mick Taylor never overdubbed a new guitar track for the Exile rarities either according to Keith. Has he ever acknowledged that Taylor did?

I don't think so.

And Don Was could neither "confirm nor deny" at one point - which I have to believe was clearly after the fact. Maybe Jagger just never told Keith. Or Keith forgot. Or Keith didn't feel like acknowledging it. Anyway, we don't know, and probably won't ever know, but your point is well taken. Ironically, Keith (very often at least) isn't a good source of Stones information.

Date: March 16, 2012 18:48

souldoggie
Rocky Dijon
".........you proceed to post the news online for all to see just so you can be first, you no longer get any scoops because you're now cut off.

+1

That's fine. What's irritating is the constant tease and then withholding of the goods. Kind of like girls I dated when I was 18.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-16 18:49 by 71Tele.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 16, 2012 18:49

BluzDude
Braincapers
71Tele

Yes
But only for less than 2 years. When peolpe talk about Blondie, it seems like he was the most important musician in Beach Boys. That's not true, far away from it.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: March 16, 2012 18:53

Those that know don't talk and those that talk don't know!

Date: March 16, 2012 18:54

Father Ted

Exactly. Bless you, Father.

Date: March 16, 2012 18:56

Father Ted

This sounds like a riddle...the fact that you are 'talking' and saying what you just said, does that mean that in fact the opposite is true, ie, Those that know talk, and those that don't talk, don't know!

I'll need clarification from the judges.

Date: March 16, 2012 18:57

They are back in good shape:

[www.mirror.co.uk]

Date: March 16, 2012 19:01

JumpinJeppeFlash
71Tele
tomcat2006
Woody can play all the lead and rhythm parts with his eyes closed. Which they often are. God bless 'im!

Get Mick T and Wyman on board, Blondie hidden away, and the tour can happen.

If he can't be depended on for whatever reason, Keith will just have to take a lower-profile so that it's not too noticeable (to Joe Punter) that's all.

I agree with the second part of your first sentence.

Get Mick T. and Wyman and Blondie can go back to doing whatever it is he did - no guitar.

But it won't be a "tour" in the traditional sense. Those days are over.

I don´t want Wyman or Taylor to join, it´s not Stones for me. We wont get that 89-90 sound again (even if Wyman would join) anyway that i love because Keith can´t play as well as he did on the 89-90 tour.

I don't want Blondie or Daryl Jones or Chuck Leavell to join, it's not the Stones for me.

Date: March 16, 2012 19:03

SweetThing
JumpinJeppeFlash
71Tele
tomcat2006
Woody can play all the lead and rhythm parts with his eyes closed. Which they often are. God bless 'im!

Get Mick T and Wyman on board, Blondie hidden away, and the tour can happen.

If he can't be depended on for whatever reason, Keith will just have to take a lower-profile so that it's not too noticeable (to Joe Punter) that's all.

I agree with the second part of your first sentence.

Get Mick T. and Wyman and Blondie can go back to doing whatever it is he did - no guitar.

But it won't be a "tour" in the traditional sense. Those days are over.

I don´t want Wyman or Taylor to join, it´s not Stones for me. We wont get that 89-90 sound again (even if Wyman would join) anyway that i love because Keith can´t play as well as he did on the 89-90 tour.

I don't want Blondie or Daryl Jones or Chuck Leavell to join, it's not the Stones for me.

+ 1

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: March 16, 2012 19:04

treaclefingers
Father Ted

This sounds like a riddle...the fact that you are 'talking' and saying what you just said, does that mean that in fact the opposite is true, ie, Those that know talk, and those that don't talk, don't know!

I'll need clarification from the judges.

Hmmm, I think you're just confusing yourself! There's no reverse psycho-babble trickery here..or is there??? Perhaps that's exactly what "They" want you to think? You have to consider it a possibily. winking smiley

Date: March 16, 2012 19:04

mtaylor
BluzDude
Braincapers
71Tele

Yes
But only for less than 2 years. When peolpe talk about Blondie, it seems like he was the most important musician in Beach Boys. That's not true, far away from it.

LOL... Sure he was. And Chuck Leavell was the most important musician in The Allman Brothers Band too.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 16, 2012 19:09

Man, playing "Aftermath" in it's entirety in a one off looks quite intriguing now.

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: March 16, 2012 19:49

I'll say this, the RS article is one of the most intriguing "press releases" the band has put out in years. I wonder how long it took Jann & Mick to write it?

I think people are reading a bit too much into it though. Jagger hinted last year that he really considered '63 to be their true start year because that's when Charlie joined. Also, he talked about Charlie and himself working on songs as well as that he had a lot of material written. Keith resurfaced as a guitarist, working with Steve Jordan, supposedly on future Wino tracks, but who knows maybe he was just working up some demos for future Stones projects. If that fell through then they would become Winos songs.

The fact they are going to record in NYC hints that the work on the SG tracks possibly inspired them in a return to that direction. They probably planned on a Sept. 2012 start and pushed it back to Spring of 2013 in hopes that they could have a new release out in time for either late holiday season or first quarter of 2013 to tour behind.

Could be an optimist's view but none of the information, other than throwing Keith under the bus for his 2006 performances, is really surprising. The Stones are no stranger to delaying or scuttling tours all together ('74, post-US, "Americas" dates in '75, '79) and often that happened because they wanted to go into the studio instead. Such as in '75 to continue working on B&B or in '79 to record ER.

In the end, though it could also simply about creating a buzz early and having enough time to get all the touring companies to bid against other to make the tour more lucrative and to spend the next several months reminding the public who the Stones are (new music), their legacy and why it's important to see them live-because this could truly be, "The Last Time." I doubt there will be any tickets below $150, especially if they choose major market residencies.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: March 16, 2012 19:53

big4
I'll say this, the RS article is one of the most intriguing "press releases" the band has put out in years. I wonder how long it took Jann & Mick to write it?

I think people are reading a bit too much into it though. Jagger hinted last year that he really considered '63 to be their true start year because that's when Charlie joined. Also, he talked about Charlie and himself working on songs as well as that he had a lot of material written. Keith resurfaced as a guitarist, working with Steve Jordan, supposedly on future Wino tracks, but who knows maybe he was just working up some demos for future Stones projects. If that fell through then they would become Winos songs.

The fact they are going to record in NYC hints that the work on the SG tracks possibly inspired them in a return to that direction. They probably planned on a Sept. 2012 start and pushed it back to Spring of 2013 in hopes that they could have a new release out in time for either late holiday season or first quarter of 2013 to tour behind.

Could be an optimist's view but none of the information, other than throwing Keith under the bus for his 2006 performances, is really surprising. The Stones are no stranger to delaying or scuttling tours all together ('74, post-US, "Americas" dates in '75, '79) and often that happened because they wanted to go into the studio instead. Such as in '75 to continue working on B&B or in '79 to record ER.

In the end, though it could also simply about creating a buzz early and having enough time to get all the touring companies to bid against other to make the tour more lucrative and to spend the next several months reminding the public who the Stones are (new music), their legacy and why it's important to see them live-because this could truly be, "The Last Time." I doubt there will be any tickets below $150, especially if they choose major market residencies.

Very reasonable assessment IMHO

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 16, 2012 20:07

Send It To me
Why do Brits call people who buy tickets "punters"?

Its our language. We'll abuse it all we like! Come back to me when you learn how to spell 'colour' and 'neighbour' ! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Send It To me
Why is Bill afraid to die in a plane crash at the age of seventy freaking seven? He should be more afraid of falling down stairs.

He's been afraid to die in a plane crash since he was 53.

Date: March 16, 2012 20:07

SweetThing
mtaylor
BluzDude
Braincapers
71Tele

Yes

LOL... Sure he was. And Chuck Leavell was the most important musician in The Allman Brothers Band too.

Just like people using false CV's. Chuck and Blondie are heavily overrated. They were brought into Stones almost like being Gods, but in fact only short term / little interesting musicians.
Lets stopp bashing Keith and start bashing Chuck and Blondie.

Date: March 16, 2012 20:11

Sam Spade
Some thoughts....

Would Keith tour if Patti were having health issues?

When they jammed in December last year, was it already evident Keith was having health issues and not just his arthritis? I know, Mick did say "it went well"

If in fact Keith's health has gone downhill in the past 6 months are we to believe he will improve in 12 months?

The 'health' thing is nothing more than hearsay. I honestly think its best that people shouldnt pursue this line of thinking when there's nothing confirmed to back it up.

Any pictures I've seen of Keith lately he's looked relatively healthy to me. In fact, healthier than he was two or three years ago.

The delay may or may not be related to that and/or it may be down to a multitude of other things, including economic and business reasons.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-16 20:26 by Gazza.

Date: March 16, 2012 20:15

big4

Very good post.

I take the '50th anniversary is 2013' moving of the goalposts with a pinch of salt though. They've been talking for some considerable time of doing something in 2012 to mark their 50th anniversary.

If its really 2013, then I'm already looking forward to UMG reissuing the band's classic '39 Licks' album, which of course came out in 2002 to mark the significant milestone they reached that year.

Not that it matters that much in real terms. Its only a number.

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: March 16, 2012 20:30

Welcome back Gazza, hope all is well

Gazza
Sam Spade
Some thoughts....

Would Keith tour if Patti were having health issues?

When they jammed in December last year, was it already evident Keith was having health issues and not just his arthritis? I know, Mick did say "it went well"

If in fact Keith's health has gone downhill in the past 6 months are we to believe he will improve in 12 months?

The 'health' thing is nothing more than hearsay. I honestly think its best that people shouldnt pursue this line of thinking when there's nothing confirmed to back it up.

Any pictures I've seen of Keith lately he's looked relatively healthy to me. In fact, healthier than he was two or three years ago.

The delay may or may not be related to that and/or it may be down to a multitude of other things, including economic and business reasons.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1244
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home