Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 38
Re: Stones tour pushed back to 2013
Posted by: tkl7 ()
Date: March 16, 2012 15:59

Stoneage
His Majesty
The Sicilian
Gazza
Likewise. Still unconvinced on the practicality of Wyman touring with them though. Especially in the US (although less of a problem in Europe). It would be nice, though.

Why would Wyman touring with the Stones in the USA be problematic? Is he under indictment or something? If rumored multi-show stops in NY and LA were true, how would limited stops in a couple cities preclude him from joining in?

He hates flying.

He would just have to fly twice, back and home. In the U.S. he can take the Route 66 from Chicago to LA or Hitch Hike cross the continent!

Put his ass on a boat and ship him over.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 16, 2012 16:02

Stoneage
His Majesty
The Sicilian
Gazza
Likewise. Still unconvinced on the practicality of Wyman touring with them though. Especially in the US (although less of a problem in Europe). It would be nice, though.

Why would Wyman touring with the Stones in the USA be problematic? Is he under indictment or something? If rumored multi-show stops in NY and LA were true, how would limited stops in a couple cities preclude him from joining in?

He hates flying.

He would just have to fly twice, back and home. In the U.S. he can take the Route 66 from Chicago to LA or Hitch Hike cross the continent!

Take a ship across the ocean. A train between the cities.

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: March 16, 2012 16:14

71Tele
backstreetboy1
you people are posting some crazy stuff,there is nothing wrong with keiths brain,from a stroke or anything else,didnt anybody read the brilliant book or see him talking to jimmy fallon,he's brilliant,as far as his playing being shitty after the fall,i saw the stones 2 weeks after they filmed shine a light in atlantic city,and keith was on fire.

Um, ok. Keith's deterioration is in everybody's imagination. He is playing just as well as in 1969. yeah, that's the ticket.

I'm not sure backstreetboy is denying that Keith's playing - especially after the head clonk - was sub-par at many shows. But what doesn't get a lot of press or comments is that he also had some very good performances after the injury. I think it took him longer than he expected to adjust to the effects of the Dilantin he had to start taking after the accident. It's known to have side effects such as dizziness, confusion and memory problems. His doctor cautioned him that alcohol would only make things worse, and using cocaine could kill him. He says he stopped using coke but swore he wasn't about to stop drinking. I'm sure his trainwreck gigs were that sad result of continuing to drink while on Dilantin. He was just too messed up. I suspect he slowly learned to reduce the booze even if he didn't stop drinking. Maybe some of us, like backstreetboy and myself just got lucky to catch him on a good night after the head ordeal. I saw a show in October, 2006 and I'll also say that at least on that night he was on fire. His unique chord work was spot on and he consistantly threw in his Chuck Berry influenced fills and riffs which were also right on the money. I've said it before, but others around my seat were saying thing like, "Wow - Keith is ON tonight!" For all I know, maybe he sucked at every other post-injury gig, but he played like the Keith Richards I wanted to hear that night, and his solos were also very good and free of clunkers and mistakes even if his style was more spartan than in days of old. In other words, he played very well and put that classic "Keith feel" across all night, loaded with heart and soul. If he could play like that on a good night, I'm guessing he can have good nights again even if he doesn't play quite like it was still '69 - '81. Even though nobody should realistically expect to ever hear that kind of playing again, I think he could still do well enough to make a lot of fans "Happy." There are reviews here on IORR of that show at Giants Stadium, NJ, October 2006 that pretty much reiterate what I'm saying here.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: March 16, 2012 16:24

Anyone else get the feeling that documentary in the fall will lead into something?
I mean, now it seems Mick & Keith have made up and brought their friendship full circle for one last shot of glory before father time catches up to them. That's one hell of a third act. Hollywood couldn't write it better.

Re: bv this post is from Yugoslavia
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 16, 2012 16:32

SwayStones
Very nice shot of Keith,Leonard and Chuck smileys with beer

Lovely. Three of my heroes.

Date: March 16, 2012 16:32

treaclefingers
MingSubu
You don't survive that lifestyle without being lucky and just a cold-blooded @#$%&.

I wouldn't count him out yet.

Does anyone ever 'quote' a message just to see what offending word has been censored?

Yes. It's hilarious!

Date: March 16, 2012 16:33

mtaylor
Allways thought Bigger Bang Tour ended in August, 2007 and not 2006.

Maybe for that guy it did end in '006.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-16 16:33 by WeLoveToPlayTheBlues.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 16, 2012 16:35

Max'sKansasCity
Hi Gazza, it is good to see you post. smiling smiley
The place is just not the same without you.

you might even say, this place is empty, without you.

wilkommen home.

Date: March 16, 2012 16:46

Rocky Dijon
superrevvy
Rocky Dijon
There's also the fact that if someone tells you privately that they heard from an insider, family member, etc. tour dates or session dates being discussed and then someone else tells you what they were privy to because of their job and you proceed to post the news online for all to see just so you can be first, you no longer get any scoops because you're now cut off.

The other side of it is...

It does seem as if tension is running so high these days, we're ready to beat up on one another if something that was predicted doesn't pan out or even worse if someone teases us with knowledge we don't share.

The still other-side of it is that despite the leaks that you and Gazza were
privvy too, that spoke of a 2012 tour, they were just disinfo. You and Gazza
were being used, unwittingly and innocently, as disinfo agents. That's how
Mick rolls. At no point (yet) has Mick been even remotely serious about
touring for the 50th, no matter what he has told Keith or any other insider.

That doesn't mean he won't at some point decide to tour with the Stones again.
I just mean that it hasn't even come close yet.

As hbwriter has indicated, quit believing what is being said. Watch only
what is being done.

(That doesn't mean that I am at this point giving any credibility whatsoever
to the story that hbwriter is chasing down. It might just be another layer of
disinfo. We'll see.)

Um, I'm not an insider. Just a guy who posts here. I was just offering my perspective on how we're treating one another and why people choose to handle things the way they do. However if you'd like to believe I'm an insider, you can Paypal me money and I'll promise to make stories up for you.

But...but...but you played percussion or something like that on that album, the Sticky Fingers something, right? Right? So you know inside scooping and all that! You must!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 16, 2012 16:46

Cocaine Eyes
QUESTION: is this vid from a fan or is it from THEM?

it's from the end of the ABB tour.
it was actually filmed the day before the second-to-last show
(the day of the last show was sunny for a change)

Date: March 16, 2012 16:47

cowboytoast
71Tele
hbwriter
there is more to this than just this - i'm waiting for all sorts of editorial green lights before going with a developing story I've been made privy to - yes I hinted (stupidly) at it before - but believe me - there are a few other compelling notches in this story - *one* in particular as i have heard it told

And now you've "hinted stupidly" at it again. Jeez, stop with the striptease already. If you know something, just say it. It's just a rock band, not national security. You actually cut yourself off in mid-sentence? Did the CIA take your hand off the keyboard before you could reveal your precious secrets?

hahahha right on 71Tele!!!...everyone is getting as bad as those fat guys in black Kiss T-Shirts with no girlfriends about this whole thing...it IS just a band....man if you know something why not just say it??...otherwise why bother saying anything???

hey watch it! I resemble that quote!

Date: March 16, 2012 16:50

Gazza
Plans change from week to week, month to month. For whatever reason, thats what appears to have happened, judged by Keith's 'we're just not ready' wording.

And Mick Taylor never overdubbed a new guitar track for the Exile rarities either according to Keith. Has he ever acknowledged that Taylor did?

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: March 16, 2012 16:53

I hope Patti remains well. .....

Date: March 16, 2012 16:54

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Rocky Dijon
superrevvy
Rocky Dijon
There's also the fact that if someone tells you privately that they heard from an insider, family member, etc. tour dates or session dates being discussed and then someone else tells you what they were privy to because of their job and you proceed to post the news online for all to see just so you can be first, you no longer get any scoops because you're now cut off.

The other side of it is...

It does seem as if tension is running so high these days, we're ready to beat up on one another if something that was predicted doesn't pan out or even worse if someone teases us with knowledge we don't share.

The still other-side of it is that despite the leaks that you and Gazza were
privvy too, that spoke of a 2012 tour, they were just disinfo. You and Gazza
were being used, unwittingly and innocently, as disinfo agents. That's how
Mick rolls. At no point (yet) has Mick been even remotely serious about
touring for the 50th, no matter what he has told Keith or any other insider.

That doesn't mean he won't at some point decide to tour with the Stones again.
I just mean that it hasn't even come close yet.

As hbwriter has indicated, quit believing what is being said. Watch only
what is being done.

(That doesn't mean that I am at this point giving any credibility whatsoever
to the story that hbwriter is chasing down. It might just be another layer of
disinfo. We'll see.)

Um, I'm not an insider. Just a guy who posts here. I was just offering my perspective on how we're treating one another and why people choose to handle things the way they do. However if you'd like to believe I'm an insider, you can Paypal me money and I'll promise to make stories up for you.

But...but...but you played percussion or something like that on that album, the Sticky Fingers something, right? Right? So you know inside scooping and all that! You must!

Dijon = French = Horn

He played French Horn on YCAGWYW. Damn that was easy.

Date: March 16, 2012 16:58

hbwriter
Sipuncula
hbwriter
there is more to this than just this - i'm waiting for all sorts of editorial green lights before going with a developing story I've been made privy to - yes I hinted (stupidly) at it before - but believe me - there are a few other compelling notches in this story - *one* in particular as i have heard it told

Come on, give us a glimmer! You were right about the tour delay.

Is the tour dependent on the successful receipt of a new liver for one of the band members?
Are they in fact recording a new album right now? A tribute album to all those future organ donors out there who may fall asleep at the wheel sometime soon?

Sip - yes, the tour delay smiling smiley Look, in case anything happens to me before this is done, I have shared the full magilla with one person here, off line, who then has my permission to post - but look - all i wanted to do here, again, was to verify that there is more to this picture - be intrigued - be very intrigued

You sound as though you're in imminent danger HB! Tread lightly and godspeed young man!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 16, 2012 17:02

SwayStones
If you have things to say, well, I am sure everybody will be very glad to hear them
but if you can't, well, just don't begin.
+1

SwayStones
CindyC
To be honest - I am fine if they don't tour again. I've seen them a bunch of time and am very happy that I got to see them even once. ...
That being said, if they get together because they really want to, I will certainly be a very happy girl.
+ 1

+2 :E

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: March 16, 2012 17:03

Why is it that folks don't seem able consider the posibility that various factors and circumstances have just made it more sensible to get rolling later rather tahn sooner ?

Like other folks have said, I'm just pleased that some plans for something are confirmed.

There may or may not be truth in the various of the conspiracy theories...

...but I'm pretty sure that if some issue with the band or other circumstance was going to kill off the Stones, somebody would say so.
They certainly wouldn't be talking about recording and then gigging in 2013.

I just think that discussions and delibertions about what they might do have gone on too long to get the ball rolling this summer. Simple as.

Posted by: tkl7 ()
Date: March 16, 2012 17:17

Spud
Why is it that folks don't seem able consider the posibility that various factors and circumstances have just made it more sensible to get rolling later rather tahn sooner ?

Like other folks have said, I'm just pleased that some plans for something are confirmed.

There may or may not be truth in the various of the conspiracy theories...

...but I'm pretty sure that if some issue with the band or other circumstance was going to kill off the Stones, somebody would say so.
They certainly wouldn't be talking about recording and then gigging in 2013.

I just think that discussions and delibertions about what they might do have gone on too long to get the ball rolling this summer. Simple as.

Because it's more fun to think the sky is falling, and to assume that someone lied, if plans change due to unforseen factors.

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: March 16, 2012 17:18

Woody can play all the lead and rhythm parts with his eyes closed. Which they often are. God bless 'im!

Get Mick T and Wyman on board, Blondie hidden away, and the tour can happen.

If he can't be depended on for whatever reason, Keith will just have to take a lower-profile so that it's not too noticeable (to Joe Punter) that's all.

Date: March 16, 2012 17:26

tomcat2006
Woody can play all the lead and rhythm parts with his eyes closed. Which they often are. God bless 'im!

If he can't be depended on for whatever reason, Keith will just have to take a lower-profile so that it's not too noticeable (to Joe Punter) that's all.

I agree with the second part of your first sentence.

Get Mick T. and Wyman and Blondie can go back to doing whatever it is he did - no guitar.

But it won't be a "tour" in the traditional sense. Those days are over.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: March 16, 2012 17:27

Keith announcing recording sessions for next month and a tour in 2013 excites me as hell.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: March 16, 2012 17:30

Why do Brits call people who buy tickets "punters"?

Why is Bill afraid to die in a plane crash at the age of seventy freaking seven? He should be more afraid of falling down stairs.

Posted by: Room1009 ()
Date: March 16, 2012 17:31

Next year feels about right for me, it becomes a tour for a reason rather than a reason for a tour. I was hating all that 50th golden anniversary crap anyway, hope that theme is ditched.

With or without BW, MT? I'll embrace the idea most if they're back in and do the whole tour. This becomes less interesting if it is for the occasional show during the tour. It whiffs badly if it is just for a few songs for a few shows, or less.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: March 16, 2012 17:34

71Tele
and Blondie can go back to doing whatever it is he did

Now that's interesting for a change..."whatever it is he did"...what was it exactly? Playing the tambourine and adding inaudible backing vox here and there?

Or were those backing vox and percussion tasks an excuse right from the start to hide that he has been hired as a safety net for either Ron or Keith or both?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-16 17:35 by alimente.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 16, 2012 17:34

Send It To me
Why do Brits call people who buy tickets "punters"?

Why is Bill afraid to die in a plane crash at the age of seventy freaking seven? He should be more afraid of falling down stairs.

There you go... [www.urbandictionary.com]

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: March 16, 2012 17:35

71Tele
tomcat2006

Get Mick T. and Wyman and Blondie can go back to doing whatever it is he did - no guitar.

I don´t want Wyman or Taylor to join, it´s not Stones for me. We wont get that 89-90 sound again (even if Wyman would join) anyway that i love because Keith can´t play as well as he did on the 89-90 tour.

Date: March 16, 2012 17:38

alimente
71Tele
and Blondie can go back to doing whatever it is he did

Now that's interesting for a change..."whatever it is he did"...what was it exactly? Playing the tambourine and adding inaudible backing vox here and there?

Or were those backing vox and percussion tasks an excuse right from the start to hide that he has been hired as a safety net for either Ron or Keith or both?

Kind of what I meant, but I was being polite.

Date: March 16, 2012 17:40

JumpinJeppeFlash
71Tele
tomcat2006

I don´t want Wyman or Taylor to join, it´s not Stones for me. We wont get that 89-90 sound again (even if Wyman would join) anyway that i love because Keith can´t play as well as he did on the 89-90 tour.

So, Jagger, Richards, Watts, Wyman, Taylor, Wood would "not be the Stones" for you? By your logic you would probably love it if they got rid of Charlie too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-16 17:41 by 71Tele.

Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: March 16, 2012 17:41

Some thoughts....

I tend to agree with the comment Gazza made that something must have happened in the past few weeks. When The Band met back in Sept 2011 Keith seemed to look well. Has his health deteriorated in 6 months or has his Dr suggested he not tour?

Would Keith tour if Patti were having health issues?

When they jammed in December last year, was it already evident Keith was having health issues and not just his arthritis? I know, Mick did say "it went well"

If in fact Keith's health has gone downhill in the past 6 months are we to believe he will improve in 12 months?

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: March 16, 2012 17:41

JumpinJeppeFlash
I don´t want Wyman or Taylor to join, it´s not Stones for me.

Now that's a real tough one ... but you added "for me", so I can accept that it's your perspective, but still ... it's tough to read a statement like this ... for me.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2066
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home