Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 38
Re: Stones tour pushed back to 2013
Posted by: belld ()
Date: March 15, 2012 17:37

Never mind the Band a significant number of us will be past it by then!

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: March 15, 2012 17:41

The GR
If Keith collapses on stage who pays his medical bills? And who pays all the money back to the audience and the wages of the staff etc etc.
At least for the medical bills I would expect Keith to have enough spare change by now to cover that!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 15, 2012 17:44

That's right, belld. A significant numbers of Stones fans won't make it till the next tour in late 2013. Sad, but true.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: March 15, 2012 17:45

[next.liberation.fr]

a French news website just summarize : "no tour for the 50th anniversary" ...
what about 1963 to 2013 ?

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 15, 2012 18:42

I don't feel like reading all ten pages, so I apologize if this has already been mentioned, but i'm not completely surprised by this. I have it on pretty good authority that Keith has a side project going on. Not sure if it's all the Winos, but at the very least Ivan N.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Date: March 15, 2012 18:54

you guys are nuts .. jeff beck has too much artistic integrity- which he has demosntrated over and over again- to ever tour with the stones... he just would not be into playing those big shows..thats not his thing..

i am not saying the stones have no artistic integrity btw

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 15, 2012 18:56

So now Keith goes around having mini-strokes all the time yawning smiley))

This really getting wild - the speculation about Keith's health!!

By the way "over concerned people" can go on "Ask Keith" and ask him about his health condition: "Hi Keith, how many mini strokes have you had lately?"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-15 19:03 by mtaylor.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 15, 2012 18:57

Jeff has been quoted MANY times saying he would LOVE to play with the Stones. Who wouldn't. Artistic integrity be damned. peace

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: March 15, 2012 19:02

rogue
OK, so imagine it is 1977 and Keith gets jailed in Canada for five years instead of playing charity gigs. If Jeff Beck had stepped in to tour with the Stones then would it be the Rolling Stones?

NO.

So why is 2012 or 2013 any different?

Without Kieth, Mick, and Charlie it ain't the Stones. Bill left on his own. Mick Taylor left on his own. Ronnie stepped in for MT.

Keith wants to play and tour. How, when, and where is up to him and the band but this talk of Jeff Beck joining them to openly back up Kieth is nonsense and an insult to Mick Taylor. He's the guy to stand on stage with them and fill in parts if that is what is needed and desired. He's a Stone.

God bless you Keith, I hope you are OK.

I don't disagree with you, but Jeff Beck's name is out there. It was odd to begin with when Beck spoke about "what if" being in the Stones last year, but now he was with MJ at the White house and he does "look" the part (as seems to concern so many).

IF Keith can't play anymore, I would still go see the Stones (with Taylor and Wyman anyway). It's not like I consider "Blondie" a Rolling Stone. Plundered My Soul was great, and Ron Wood can easily play Keith's part in that, so I do think they are capable of some good stuff still.

Date: March 15, 2012 19:06

well obviously Beck would be great.. he is a fabulous guitarist.. I just have always gotten the impression he shirks the limelight and isn't about the benjamins..

i feel sad today... no stones tour would be one thing but no stones tour due to keith's health is a bum ride.

sad sad sad

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 15, 2012 19:17

Well, I wouldn't pay to see The Rolling Becks. The only man that could replace Keith without devaluing the bands name completely would be Mick Taylor. And I really think the band would profit from it artistically since Keith has been the weak link in the band for a long time. But I guess he can't be replaced as a trademark. And Mick T would have to lose some serious weight to endure a tour, even on a smaller scale.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 15, 2012 19:33

stoned in washington dc
you guys are nuts .. jeff beck has too much artistic integrity- which he has demosntrated over and over again- to ever tour with the stones... he just would not be into playing those big shows..thats not his thing..

i am not saying the stones have no artistic integrity btw

Good. I have no interest in Jeff Beck playing for the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: March 15, 2012 19:34

Why is there no sympathy here for Keith's health? There's something going on and everyone is worried if that means there will be no tour. Shouldn't his health be more important than whether or not your selfish asses will be in a seat at a Stones show? Has anyone here even said "get well Keith!"??? Also, the discussion of moving Keith aside and putting Jeff Beck in or someone else to replace him is a clear indication of the level of selfishness on here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-15 19:35 by GumbootCloggeroo.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 15, 2012 19:36

CindyC
I have it on pretty good authority that Keith has a side project going on. Not sure if it's all the Winos, but at the very least Ivan N.

Date: March 15, 2012 19:37

GumbootCloggeroo
Why is there no sympathy here for Keith's health? There's something going on and everyone is worried if that means there will be no tour. Shouldn't his health be more important than whether or not your selfish asses will be in a seat at a Stones show? Has anyone here even said "get well Keith!"??? Also, the discussion of moving Keith aside and putting Jeff Beck in or someone else to replace him is a clear indication of the level of selfishness on here.

AGREED!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: March 15, 2012 19:50

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-16 00:22 by Justin.

Date: March 15, 2012 20:00

mini strokes don't always cause noticeable effects in a person. My mother used to get them. It was only after her major one that you saw anything different.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: March 15, 2012 20:04

GumbootCloggeroo

Ditto

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 15, 2012 20:08

CindyC
mini strokes don't always cause noticeable effects in a person. My mother used to get them. It was only after her major one that you saw anything different.

Very true indeed. And I'm disappointed and upset at the lack of caring for Keith's health here.

I was going to begin a thread which thanks and praises Keith, but I didn't do so for fear that MANY people here would simply use the thread to bash Keith, his playing, his health, his age, whatever.

confused smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 15, 2012 20:12

GumbootCloggeroo
People were complaining about Keith in 2006 and 2007 - he didn't look healthy, being disturbed - how could he have a problem, the guy was just 62-64 years old, he had only had a bad fall and had had a brain surgery imposing him taken special medicin, he just had some finger arthritis, his wife just had some cancer etc.
What was Keith's problem, why couldn't he just forget about these minor problems, go on stage and play killer solos every night....? Was he becoming lazy??
Maybe he is a hero in many peoples mind, but he is no superman - he is like you and me, sensitive to health and mental problems.
I guess all of us would have performance problems going through same things like Keith did in 2006 and 2007.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 15, 2012 20:18

Green Lady
” The Wolf version has a recitation in the beginning and in the middle that was done by Willie Dixon, who wrote “Goin’ Down Slow.”.

P.S. - .[/quote]

Song was not written by Willie, it was written by
Jimmy Oden

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: March 15, 2012 20:26

Cocaine Eyes
CindyC

Very true indeed. And I'm disappointed and upset at the lack of caring for Keith's health here.

I was going to begin a thread which thanks and praises Keith, but I didn't do so for fear that MANY people here would simply use the thread to bash Keith, his playing, his health, his age, whatever.

confused smiley
There are many of us who love Keith and I'd be so happy to express my gratitude to him & my wishes for his good health. I guess I'm still in denial. It hasn't really sunk in yet. Do you think if they weren't touring again, that they would let us know? I haven't been a fan long enough to understand the nuances of the Rolling Stone article. What does it mean? Do they often say they'll tour again if they have no plans to do so...any guidance is welcomed.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 15, 2012 20:33

They say it like it is.....or, they say nothing. When they say nothing, their silence is LOUD!

So, from my own experience with them I'd say that they do plan to tour in 2013. God willing.

My biggest hope right now is that the negativity/whining/moaning/complaining will stop. It only puts out negative vibes for the band and for the fans. Is it too much to ask that we the fans send out positive energy to our band as a whole and to Keith as an individual?

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: March 15, 2012 21:00

I wish Keith all the best. However, considering the collective ages and assorted health issues involved for certain band members, another year is a long time - so while I'm hopeful we see some shows next year, I'm not counting on it.

When Davy Jones passed a couple of weeks ago, I was grateful that I saw the Monkees last July (for my first and only time). That was only seven months prior...things can change in an instant once folks reach a certain age.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: March 15, 2012 21:10

It´s a big difference between bashing Keith and being realistic about his current health status which many here refuse to understand. Keith is clearly very affected by his health (fingers, head, stroke or whatever) when it comes to playing the guitar. My intention has never been to bash or complain about Keith but many people here think that i do so when i write my opinion about his latest performance and whatever they say, he is having BIG problems playing anything at all. It´s very clear that Mick and the rest of Stones management also is aware of the problem and realize that he is unable to pull off a two hour gig, he can´t do it anymore.

It´s very sad but true.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 15, 2012 21:13

JumpinJeppeFlash
My intention has never been to bash or complain about Keith

Thank you for clearing that up.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: March 15, 2012 21:17

GumbootCloggeroo
Has anyone here even said "get well Keith!"???

Yes, several people have. Maybe not with those exact words, but clearly with the same intention. At least I noticed those posts and I thank those who posted them.

-------------------

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: March 15, 2012 21:18

superrevvy
windmelody
Superrevvy, it is not he Stones who choose the doctor, but the insurance company.

True. But my comment still stands. Michael Jackson was in way worse shape than
Keith and still got certified by insurance company doctors for a grueling
50 date stand in London, as the indispensible star. If Taylor is on board and
Jeff Beck is on standby, Keith becomes somewhat dispensible and certainly
insurable, as long as he agrees that others can step in for him if necessary.

Insurance company doctors do NOT disqualify anybody from doing shows. They
just develop the justification for charging higher rates. Insurance companies
want the shows to happen as much as anybody, or else their insurance doesnt
get bought.

Jackson didn't get insurance for 50 shows, only the first 10 that were originally announced. When the promoters, (AEG from memory), added another 40 they took the risk themselves. That's why they offered "memorial laminates" or some such crap - I can't accurately remember - in lieu of a refund to ticketholders. Incredibly enough of them took them up on this offer for them to say that now "we're out of the water". That much I remember.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: March 15, 2012 21:18

Rolling Hansie
JumpinJeppeFlash

Stop being sarcastic.

Date: March 15, 2012 21:24

JumpinJeppeFlash
Rolling Hansie
JumpinJeppeFlash

Stop being sarcastic.

Why are you so aggressive ? I was simply thanking you for clearing something up, that I might have misunderstood. I was not being sarcastic at all.

-------------------

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 38

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1943
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home