Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Is Phil Hendrie A Fan Of The Rolling Stones?
Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: March 11, 2012 20:08

My gut tells me yes, but does anyone know for sure?

Re: Is Phil Hendrie A Fan Of The Rolling Stones?
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: March 11, 2012 20:37

What is a Phil Hendrie ?

Date: March 11, 2012 20:39

Edith Grove
What is a Phil Hendrie ?

You are joking, right?

Date: March 11, 2012 20:45

stonescrow
Edith Grove
What is a Phil Hendrie ?

You are joking, right?

Yeah, I'm a real jokester, but not in this case.

Creative genius chock full of character, comedy and commentary — that's Phil Hendrie. Famous for concocting a cast of fictional characters, all of whom he plays on air while simultaneously serving as host of his national talk radio program, Hendrie actually started out as a disc jockey at WBJW 1440 AM in Winter Park, Fla., a suburb of Orlando. After 15 years working as a disc jockey at stations across the country, he realized he hated what he was doing. Moving to Los Angeles, Hendrie debuted in talk radio as a weekend host at KFI-AM 640.

In 1990 at KVEN-AM in Ventura, Calif., Hendrie introduced his first fictional character on air — an Iraqi, Raj Fahneen. The Gulf War was happening and Fahneen vociferously defended Saddam Hussein. Thinking he was a real person, listeners went ballistic and the phones lit up. An entire cast of characters would evolve from that moment on, marking Hendrie's place in radio history.

Hendrie's popularity resulted in the radio show going national in 1999. By 2006, he was ready to explore the next chapter of his career — acting in front of the camera. He departed from radio and quickly added to his resume which already included Trey Parker's and Matt Stone's motion picture, Team America: World Police, as well as television roles on Andy Richter Controls the Universe, Richard Appel's A.U.S.A., and Judd Apatow's North Hollywood. He also starred in Steve Levitan's Phil Hendrie and wrote, executive produced and starred in Phil at the Gate.

For the last 10 years, Hendrie has regularly played characters on FOX's popular animated series King of the Hill and Futurama. Other recent television work includes roles on Giants of Radio, The Replacements, Three Strikes, Mike Birbiglia's Secret Public Journal, David Mamet's The Unit, and NBC's Teachers. He also played Nets Coach in the motion picture, Semi-pro. Hendrie continues to act today and is currently working on the motion picture, Last Call.

Although he enjoyed acting on a full-time basis, Hendrie missed the daily creative outlet that radio provided. In 2007, he returned to national radio in the late evenings. On over 100 radio stations today, Hendrie is a master of satire and comedy. He has come a long way since doing voices as a child growing up in Altadena, Calif. Influenced by comedy greats such as Jackie Gleason, Lenny Bruce, and "Emperor" Bob Hudson, Hendrie has artfully carved his own niche in comedy and the spoken word format.

[www.philhendrieshow.com]

Date: March 11, 2012 20:47

Edith Grove
stonescrow
Edith Grove
What is a Phil Hendrie ?

You are joking, right?

Creative genius chock full of character, comedy and commentary — that's Phil Hendrie. Famous for concocting a cast of fictional characters, all of whom he plays on air while simultaneously serving as host of his national talk radio program, Hendrie actually started out as a disc jockey at WBJW 1440 AM in Winter Park, Fla., a suburb of Orlando. After 15 years working as a disc jockey at stations across the country, he realized he hated what he was doing. Moving to Los Angeles, Hendrie debuted in talk radio as a weekend host at KFI-AM 640.

In 1990 at KVEN-AM in Ventura, Calif., Hendrie introduced his first fictional character on air — an Iraqi, Raj Fahneen. The Gulf War was happening and Fahneen vociferously defended Saddam Hussein. Thinking he was a real person, listeners went ballistic and the phones lit up. An entire cast of characters would evolve from that moment on, marking Hendrie's place in radio history.

Hendrie's popularity resulted in the radio show going national in 1999. By 2006, he was ready to explore the next chapter of his career — acting in front of the camera. He departed from radio and quickly added to his resume which already included Trey Parker's and Matt Stone's motion picture, Team America: World Police, as well as television roles on Andy Richter Controls the Universe, Richard Appel's A.U.S.A., and Judd Apatow's North Hollywood. He also starred in Steve Levitan's Phil Hendrie and wrote, executive produced and starred in Phil at the Gate.

For the last 10 years, Hendrie has regularly played characters on FOX's popular animated series King of the Hill and Futurama. Other recent television work includes roles on Giants of Radio, The Replacements, Three Strikes, Mike Birbiglia's Secret Public Journal, David Mamet's The Unit, and NBC's Teachers. He also played Nets Coach in the motion picture, Semi-pro. Hendrie continues to act today and is currently working on the motion picture, Last Call.

Although he enjoyed acting on a full-time basis, Hendrie missed the daily creative outlet that radio provided. In 2007, he returned to national radio in the late evenings. On over 100 radio stations today, Hendrie is a master of satire and comedy. He has come a long way since doing voices as a child growing up in Altadena, Calif. Influenced by comedy greats such as Jackie Gleason, Lenny Bruce, and "Emperor" Bob Hudson, Hendrie has artfully carved his own niche in comedy and the spoken word format.

Good work, Edith, you always come through.smileys with beer You, and Rockman of course.

Date: March 11, 2012 21:47

Edith Grove
stonescrow
Edith Grove
What is a Phil Hendrie ?

You are joking, right?

Once an individual understands characters like Phil Hendrie, Don Cherry, Barney Fife, Don Rickles, The Watchman, Vince McMann, maybe even SuperRev, etc., he/she can then begin to understand characters like Keith Richards (Captain Teague) and Mick Jagger (Peter Pan or Jumpin Jack Flash). If you take yourself too seriously, take things too literally, and always look for the worst in people, (and circumstances) you will never enjoy The Rolling Stones Experience the way it was intended to be experienced. After all, it's only rock 'n roll.smiling smiley

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 11, 2012 22:01

I used to Listen to Phil A lot. Back in the day he was only on in LA and I could hear him up here in the bay area at night, the signal came in. He is brilliantly funny and has a very unique show. One cool thing about his old show was that it had no bumper music but he played an entire song at the end of his show. One such time he played Tumbling Dice. This was when I was just getting into the stones and it blew me away. It helped me appreciate the band even more. I remember him once saying that something like "This may make me sound old, but I don't think they've done anything good since Exile on Main Street". He has this show on line now but I have to say I have lost interest. He is so rude to his producers to the point where it is abusive. I just can't listen any more. Plus his show doesn't have the creative spark it used to for whatever reason. But a very funny, talented man.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-11 22:02 by ryanpow.

Date: March 11, 2012 22:07

ryanpow
I used to Listen to Phil A lot. Back in the day he was only on in LA and I could hear him up here in the bay area at night, the signal came in. He is brilliantly funny and has a very unique show. One cool thing about his old show was that it had no bumper music but he played an entire song at the end of his show. One such time he played Tumbling Dice. This was when I was just getting into the stones and it blew me away. It helped me appreciate the band even more. I remember him once saying that something like "This may make me sound old, but I don't think they've done anything good since Exile on Main Street". He has this show on line now but I have to say I have lost interest. He is so rude to his producers to the point where it is abusive. I just can't listen any more. Plus his show doesn't have the creative spark it used to for whatever reason. But a very funny, talented man.

Enjoyed your comments very much. Thanks for sharing. I suspect he is a big fan of the Stones.

Date: March 11, 2012 22:09

Possibly. My guess is that he likes them but he's not a HUGE fan. but who knows. He seems to like Jimi Hendrix a lot.

Date: March 11, 2012 22:20

ryanpow
Possibly. My guess is that he likes them but he's not a HUGE fan. but who knows. He seems to like Jimi Hendrix a lot.

I wouldn't be surprised if Michael Savage and Rush Limbaugh were fans of the Stones.

Date: March 11, 2012 22:27

That I couldn't tell you.

Date: March 11, 2012 22:29

stonescrow
I wouldn't be surprised if Michael Savage and Rush Limbaugh were fans of the Stones.

But Bill O'Reilly absolutely is not.

Date: March 11, 2012 22:34

Edith Grove
stonescrow

But Bill O'Reilly absolutely is not.

Does he even like himself?

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: March 12, 2012 03:08

[www.philhendrieshow.com][/quote]

Once an individual understands characters like Phil Hendrie, Don Cherry, Barney Fife, Don Rickles, The Watchman, Vince McMann, maybe even SuperRev, etc., he/she can then begin to understand characters like Keith Richards (Captain Teague) and Mick Jagger (Peter Pan or Jumpin Jack Flash). If you take yourself too seriously, take things too literally, and always look for the worst in people, (and circumstances) you will never enjoy The Rolling Stones Experience the way it was intended to be experienced. After all, it's only rock 'n roll.smiling smiley[/quote]

Thank you...sense of humor is KEY.

You always saw the best in me...

Date: March 12, 2012 03:26

memphiscats

Once an individual understands characters like Phil Hendrie, Don Cherry, Barney Fife, Don Rickles, The Watchman, Vince McMann, maybe even SuperRev, etc., he/she can then begin to understand characters like Keith Richards (Captain Teague) and Mick Jagger (Peter Pan or Jumpin Jack Flash). If you take yourself too seriously, take things too literally, and always look for the worst in people, (and circumstances) you will never enjoy The Rolling Stones Experience the way it was intended to be experienced. After all, it's only rock 'n roll.smiling smiley[/quote]

You always saw the best in me...[/quote]

One Love, Gold Rings On Ya, mate.smileys with beer

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 12, 2012 08:33

stonescrow
memphiscats

Once an individual understands characters like Phil Hendrie, Don Cherry, Barney Fife, Don Rickles, The Watchman, Vince McMann, maybe even SuperRev, etc., he/she can then begin to understand characters like Keith Richards (Captain Teague) and Mick Jagger (Peter Pan or Jumpin Jack Flash). If you take yourself too seriously, take things too literally, and always look for the worst in people, (and circumstances) you will never enjoy The Rolling Stones Experience the way it was intended to be experienced. After all, it's only rock 'n roll.smiling smiley

You always saw the best in me...[/quote]

One Love, Gold Rings On Ya, mate.smileys with beer[/quote]

I think a sense of humour is wildly overrated...give me actual humour any day.

Date: March 19, 2012 06:32

treaclefingers
stonescrow
memphiscats

One Love, Gold Rings On Ya, mate.smileys with beer[/quote]

I think a sense of humour is wildly overrated...give me actual humour any day.[/quote]

One thing that isn't overrated is the ability to understand your Rolling Stones. Of course, understanding the Rolling Stones really means understanding Mick and Keith. Once you realize that they are winking at us the pieces to the puzzle begin falling into place. Not saying that they didn't have their differences at one time but most of what has happened in recent years has been scripted. They have created one of the great soap opera's of our time. Funny, no matter how bad things seem to be between them in the end things always seem to work out. Funny, isn't it?

Date: March 19, 2012 06:43

stonescrow
treaclefingers
stonescrow
memphiscats

One Love, Gold Rings On Ya, mate.smileys with beer

I think a sense of humour is wildly overrated...give me actual humour any day.[/quote]

One thing that isn't overrated is the ability to understand your Rolling Stones. Of course, understanding the Rolling Stones really means understanding Mick and Keith. Once you realize that they are winking at us the pieces to the puzzle begin falling into place. Not saying that they didn't have their differences at one time but most of what has happened in recent years has been scripted. They have created one of the great soap opera's of our time. Funny, no matter how bad things seem to be between them in the end things always seem to work out. Funny, isn't it?[/quote]

Time to finish off the bottle and tune into Phil Hendrie!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1321
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home