Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Wood hints at Stones tour plans
Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: February 21, 2012 18:33

Rocker Ronnie Wood has hinted the Rolling Stones are on the brink of announcing a new world tour to celebrate the legendary band's 50th anniversary.

The music veterans have not toured together since wrapping up their Big Bang trek in 2007, and fans are hoping the rockers will hit the road again to celebrate 50 years since the group's formation in 1962.

Wood has now revealed they are talking about a tour after meeting up for rehearsals before Christmas, but admits it takes time to get used to working together again.

When asked about a possible tour during an interview with the Radio Times, Woods replies, "Be lovely, wouldn't it?

"That's what we're on the verge of. I dunno what the hell is gonna happen yet but we all feel we owe it to ourselves and to the people to do something.

"Well, they're still in the talking mode. And I don't know, each week brings a new development.

"Basically, get the boys feeling comfortable with each other, 'cause we're all ready to go individually. It's just a matter of tying up loose ends and coming together as a unit."

[jam.canoe.ca]

Another example of shoddy journalism. My apologies for starting another tour thread.

edit: looks like this has been posted already. my mistake!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-21 18:34 by GumbootCloggeroo.

Re: Wood hints at Stones tour plans
Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: February 21, 2012 18:41

No worries...It keeps us talking.....

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 21, 2012 19:02

Good Woody is pushing them out on the road again - hopefully it will good quality

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: February 21, 2012 19:08

Be interesting if Rod decided to give the Faces a go this year what Woody would do then.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 21, 2012 19:09

Ronnie hints at a lot of things,but in reality doesn't know much more than we already do.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: February 21, 2012 19:14

Tour or don't. Record or don't.

What is all this Hamlet crap.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 21, 2012 19:30

Ronnie must have been reading this forum, how else would he know?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 21, 2012 21:33

The papers and the websites are already full of rehashes: this is the original interview that they're all being rehashed from:

Radio Times: 25th Feb 2012

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-21 22:08 by Green Lady.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: February 21, 2012 21:36

Better than a "no"saying. Charlie's good tonight...

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: February 21, 2012 21:45

Nice to read that Ronnie is doing well.

I don't seem to recall plans for either 40 Licks or ABB being as drawn out as this tour seems to be. Sure, it's still early and we are working with scraps here but it seems to be very slow moving. If this is how painfully slow it gets a tour off its feet it's no surprise this will more than likely be the last go.

Date: February 22, 2012 02:57

he needs to money, none of the others do

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: February 22, 2012 03:34

Thanks for posting that scanned article. Great to read.

"Keith's always, `The Stones don't do telly.'" Too bad Keith feels that way. I envy Stones fans who were around when the Stones DID do telly. When you could see them on Ed Sullivan or whatever. I'd love to turn on Leno or Letterman and see the Stones performing the in the TV studio. The only times they perform on TV in recent years is during award shows, and then the performance is piped in from some tour show in a stadium. It's just not the same as them being there in the TV studio.

Date: February 22, 2012 03:37

Nothing new with this article. It says the same as anything else - a whole lot of nothing.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 22, 2012 05:01

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Nothing new with this article. It says the same as anything else - a whole lot of nothing.

Yeah, but you watch what a mountain of speculation gets built on that molehill of interview in the next couple of days...

Date: February 22, 2012 05:19

Title5Take1
Thanks for posting that scanned article. Great to read.

"Keith's always, `The Stones don't do telly.'" Too bad Keith feels that way. I envy Stones fans who were around when the Stones DID do telly. When you could see them on Ed Sullivan or whatever. I'd love to turn on Leno or Letterman and see the Stones performing the in the TV studio. The only times they perform on TV in recent years is during award shows, and then the performance is piped in from some tour show in a stadium. It's just not the same as them being there in the TV studio.

And yet...the Stones have done PLENTY of 'telly'. For one example out of a few, what's a PPV? Television. Don't know what crack Keith is pissing up but it's pouring back down on his face on this one.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 22, 2012 05:30

Live at the 10 Spot on MTV was marvelous. But yeah, they sure don't do much. It is a bit sad when they released Exile they didn't at least play one friggin' song from it on a TV show somewhere....

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: February 22, 2012 14:02

whitem8
Live at the 10 Spot on MTV was marvelous. But yeah, they sure don't do much. It is a bit sad when they released Exile they didn't at least play one friggin' song from it on a TV show somewhere....

True dat. The Stones simply do not perform unless they have fully rehearsed for a tour (not since the '86 Stu show). Are they really that afraid of a train wreck after all these decades of playing? You'd think they could run through Tumbling Dice and Happy in their sleep.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: February 22, 2012 23:22

I hope the bone grafts to Woody's ankle heal well. I want him to be able to move around a stage.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1833
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home