Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick and Mick - rare picture
Posted by: folke ()
Date: February 17, 2012 21:41

Never seen this photo before. Mick Jagger and Mick Jones of The Clash backstage at a The Who concert in Philadelphia 1982.

http://www.corbisimages.com/stock-photo/rights-managed/PN003730/mick-jagger-talking-to-mick-jones

Re: Mick and Mick - rare picture
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 17, 2012 21:44

1982 and the dude on the left still wearing flared jeans. Ok Philidelphia....now it all makes sense. peace

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: February 17, 2012 22:17

That Who tour was announced as their last tour. This is what Mick (in 1987) told MUSICIAN MAGAZINE about that Philadelphia show:

MUSICIAN: "You still view the Stones as an ongoing entity?"

JAGGER: "Yes I do, very much. And I think the Stones should go on the road, and so on. I don't believe in forcing things when they're not right, though. It's a mistake, `cause they tend to really fall apart.

"I saw the last Who tour in Philadelphia, and that was a classic example. They did the tour for money, and they weren't getting on; they were hating each other, and it came across onstage. I was upset, as a member of the audience. And then it was the end. It taught me a lesson. I didn't want to be in that situation of not getting on with people but being forced into this intensive situation of working and living together. If we had done our tour and someone had said, `Is this the last time?' we probably would have said, `Yeah!' You've got to be in harmony when making music, you really must."

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 17, 2012 22:21

Did the Clash open the show?

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: February 17, 2012 22:32

Title5Take1
That Who tour was announced as their last tour. This is what Mick (in 1987) told MUSICIAN MAGAZINE about that Philadelphia show:

MUSICIAN: "You still view the Stones as an ongoing entity?"

JAGGER: "Yes I do, very much. And I think the Stones should go on the road, and so on. I don't believe in forcing things when they're not right, though. It's a mistake, `cause they tend to really fall apart.

"I saw the last Who tour in Philadelphia, and that was a classic example. They did the tour for money, and they weren't getting on; they were hating each other, and it came across onstage. I was upset, as a member of the audience. And then it was the end. It taught me a lesson. I didn't want to be in that situation of not getting on with people but being forced into this intensive situation of working and living together. If we had done our tour and someone had said, `Is this the last time?' we probably would have said, `Yeah!' You've got to be in harmony when making music, you really must."

1) brilliant quote! thanks.

2) legendary vaudeville act, The Three Micks (opened for Houdini):

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-17 22:43 by superrevvy.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: February 17, 2012 22:41

folke
Never seen this photo before
Neither did I.

THE WHO: JFK Stadium, 09/25/1982

September 25, 1982 I saw The Who for the first time. They were in support of the It's Hard album. I was a huge Who fan and I was loving every minute of this show up until they played "Cry If You Want" I LOVE this song especially at the end when Pete completely rocks out with his guitar. At the moment Pete launches into his guitar solo someone threw a hoagie and it hits me squarely in the back of the neck. So while Pete is jamming - a moment I could not wait to hear - I'm busy removing onions from my hair.

Interesting Footnote: While watching the show we could see Mick Jagger walking around back stage. A year before on September 25, 1981 I sat in JFK Stadium and watched the Rolling Stones.

09/25/1982: Philadelphia, PA, JFK Stadium

[www.flickr.com]

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 17, 2012 23:03

.....where did Mick Jones land his Sopwith Camel ????????

ROCKMAN

Date: February 17, 2012 23:06

Elmo Lewis
Did the Clash open the show?

Yes, they did. This video is from the show at Shea Stadium in NY on the same tour:

Date: February 17, 2012 23:11

The pretty ugly stage in 1982:

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: February 17, 2012 23:20

I remember seeing a picture of Mick and Jade at this concert in People Mag...

Date: February 28, 2012 10:41

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 28, 2012 10:57

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-28 10:59 by Come On.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: February 28, 2012 11:19

The 80's head band.

I hate the 80's.

Souless.

Date: February 28, 2012 11:25

Come On

Outside the Foresta hotel, Lidingö, Stockholm, Sweden 1970.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: February 28, 2012 11:49

thanks guys for these original photos.

Date: February 28, 2012 12:16

folke
Come On

Outside the Foresta hotel, Lidingö, Stockholm, Sweden 1970.

Tog du det på skorstenen?

winking smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: February 28, 2012 15:26

GravityBoy

The 80's head band.

Date: February 28, 2012 15:53

...or Terry Butcher...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: February 28, 2012 16:15

Naturalust
1982 and the dude on the left still wearing flared jeans. Ok Philidelphia....now it all makes sense. peace

Did it ever dawn on you that he is probably a crew member and not a Philadelphian? Peace this.

Date: February 28, 2012 16:19

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: February 28, 2012 16:31

Carnaby
Naturalust

Did it ever dawn on you that he is probably a crew member and not a Philadelphian? Peace this.

it was just a joke...some people have zero humour...perhaps thats why there's so many arguments on this board.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: February 28, 2012 16:50

Eleanor Rigby
Carnaby
Naturalust

it was just a joke...some people have zero humour...perhaps thats why there's so many arguments on this board.

OK, OK... It is kinda funny at that.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 28, 2012 17:23

Eleanor Rigby
Carnaby
Naturalust

I'll drink to that...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 28, 2012 18:09

I saw that Who/Clash tour at the L.A. Coliseum in '82, and have to honestly say that The Clash put The Who to shame.
As a lifelong Who fan at the time, it was sad to watch.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 28, 2012 18:13

71Tele
Eleanor Rigby
Carnaby
Naturalust

I'll drink to that...

I'll get this round. Philidelphia = City of Brotherly Love. peace

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2197
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home