Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
THERAPY THREAD: Your chance to purge...
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 17, 2012 01:37

I'm going to presume all of us on this board have a bit of a problem to a degree, with our ongoing 'fascination' with a bunch of men way past their prime, and whether or not they tour, and whether or not they put out a new album, and whether or not they can still play like they used to, and whether or not Mick is nasally...you get the picture.

So, in honour and celebration of that, I'd like to propose a thread that helps us deal with these personal problems.

As identified in another thread, I have a problem with buying Vinyl Albums and then not wanting to unseal them. I know there are other of you out there. Skippy mocks us...I challenge you Skippy. What is your self-diagnosed Stones idiosyncracy? (open question for all those brave enough to step forward).

Re: THERAPY THREAD: Your chance to purge...
Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: February 17, 2012 08:17

You've thrown down the gauntlet...I'm up to answering (BTW I love your threads man)...here I am bearing my soul (not my breasts)...
MY PROBLEM: I have an obsession regarding Exile...I don't feel "whole" unless I listen to at least 7 tracks of Exile every day...it's been going on for a while. I don't think there's any medication or psychiatric protocol to help me...

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 17, 2012 08:27

Well, as a psychologist, I can identify this as boarder line Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. OCD usually can be treated with an anti-depressant/anti anxiety protocol, combined with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Or do a few bong hits and play the whole record daily....L O U D.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: February 17, 2012 08:28

It's a wise investment move plain and simple.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 17, 2012 08:31

..... spot wet-cement can't help but scribble Rolling Stones

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-17 13:35 by Rockman.

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: February 17, 2012 08:38

memphiscats
MY PROBLEM: I have an obsession regarding Exile...I don't feel "whole" unless I
listen to at least 7 tracks of Exile every day...it's been going on for a
while. I don't think there's any medication or psychiatric protocol to help me...

whitem8
Well, as a psychologist, I can identify this as boarder line Obsessive Compulsive
Disorder. OCD usually can be treated with an anti-depressant/anti anxiety protocol,
combined with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Or do a few bong hits and play the
whole record daily....L O U D.

Seven months. That's how long I dabbled with that record until I got it. Until
it finally opened itself up to me fully and let me in.

Then seven years. That's how long I listened to that entire record, once
or twice a day. Seven years before I was able to kick it.

Rarely listen to it now. Only with company, or for research.

I seriously regard that record as not just created by heroin, but as heroin itself.

Seriously, kids, don't mess with it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-17 09:04 by superrevvy.

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: February 17, 2012 12:53

Please help me dear doctor...I fear I have an addiction to confess. I can't seem to get through the day without listening to at least some Rolling Stones music. Even albums I've listened to for decades compell me to listen to them again and I still get off on it. Is it possible to overdose? Are there possible dangerous side affects other than hearing loss? How about any risks of interaction with other music, like if I listen to the Stones and something from a different band or genre on the same day, is that dangerous? If I lost all means of hearing Stones music, how bad would the withdrawals be? Should I go to the ER if that happens or could I sweat it out and live? These things concern me.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 17, 2012 13:40

I'm upset that all record stores will close and I'll have to buy everything online. And of course what happens when all my rock and heroes are gone. What to do next. Life without rock and roll? I would of never dreamed it possible as a kid in the 1970s.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: February 17, 2012 14:47

whitem8
Well, as a psychologist, I can identify this as boarder line Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. OCD usually can be treated with an anti-depressant/anti anxiety protocol, combined with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Or do a few bong hits and play the whole record daily....L O U D.

Are you really a psychologist ?

Because I have severe OCD as witnessed in treacles other thread " Let's talk rare Stones vinyl "

Another tic is mispelling of words .

boarder should be border .angry smiley

I have several other issues with OCD but hopefully my script for Prozac will help .spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: February 17, 2012 14:53

I only travel abroad for Stones gigs. I otherwise have no interest in travel.

When I get to my destination I wake up every morning and go and hang out in record/DVD shops, some times the same shop every day for a week. I have no interest in sighseeing or other tourist persuits.

Date: February 17, 2012 14:55

Yes I am. And if you respond well, then you should continue talk therapy and really try Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. It can be quiet successful for a lot of folks. Identify your triggers and build calming exercises. Another good thing to really investigate is meditation. Double blind studies show quite promising results in people who meditate two to thee times a day.
Just be careful with Prozac, and realize that often it takes up to a month before you start seeing changes, and often with side effects. Try to stay positive and not get frustrated if you have to switch to another med., that can happen with some folks. Good luck on your journey.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 17, 2012 15:21

Running for about an hour three times a week has worked for me. It focusses the mind and it helps separate the mental wheat from the chaff....so to speak. And makes the spirit strong!

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: February 17, 2012 15:23

memphiscats
You've thrown down the gauntlet...I'm up to answering (BTW I love your threads man)...here I am bearing my soul (not my breasts)...
MY PROBLEM: I have an obsession regarding Exile...I don't feel "whole" unless I listen to at least 7 tracks of Exile every day...it's been going on for a while. I don't think there's any medication or psychiatric protocol to help me...

nothing wrong with this behavior. hell go for 8.

Date: February 17, 2012 15:43

Silver Dagger
Running for about an hour three times a week has worked for me. It focusses the mind and it helps separate the mental wheat from the chaff....so to speak. And makes the spirit strong!

Yes! Exercising is a natural way to boost serotonin. Good on ya!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 17, 2012 15:45

Rockman
..... spot wet-cement can't help but scribble Rolling Stones

grinning smiley Cute! thumbs up

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: February 17, 2012 15:51

I bought the Keith Palladium box set in 88 but I never unsealed the t shirt inside. I open sometimes the box but /// no !

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: February 17, 2012 15:59

superrevvy
memphiscats
MY PROBLEM: I have an obsession regarding Exile...I don't feel "whole" unless I
listen to at least 7 tracks of Exile every day...it's been going on for a
while. I don't think there's any medication or psychiatric protocol to help me...

whitem8
Well, as a psychologist, I can identify this as boarder line Obsessive Compulsive
Disorder. OCD usually can be treated with an anti-depressant/anti anxiety protocol,
combined with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Or do a few bong hits and play the
whole record daily....L O U D.

Seven months. That's how long I dabbled with that record until I got it. Until
it finally opened itself up to me fully and let me in.

Then seven years. That's how long I listened to that entire record, once
or twice a day. Seven years before I was able to kick it.

Rarely listen to it now. Only with company, or for research.

I seriously regard that record as not just created by heroin, but as heroin itself.

Seriously, kids, don't mess with it.

I had a bit of a hard time with it at first also. I read an in-depth article about it right before I bought it though, and it had a track by track breakdown, which kind of helped me. I think it was in Guitar World or something, and came with a cool little poster of the band dressed up around a fake little river boat set or something. But I bought it armed with the knowledge that it might take some time to grow on me, and multiple listens. The article said that on first listen (and possibly many more after that) the album might sound like a "wall of sound", with no songs really standing out and some not really sounding distinguishable from others. And that really was the way I felt about it. But I used the article and the break downs of each track to get a better understanding of what it was all about, and after a while I got the hang of it. These days it seems so odd that I could ever listen to it and it sound like just a big old mess like it used to, but it did. The magazine really helped guide me through it though, and if it hadn't been for it urging me to continue to listen to it and promising me that I would eventually get it, I might have given up on it.

This is the photo shoot the poster came from. I don't think it was this exact picture though, and on the back there were other pictures from the photo shoot.

Date: February 17, 2012 17:38

The GR
I only travel abroad for Stones gigs. I otherwise have no interest in travel.

When I get to my destination I wake up every morning and go and hang out in record/DVD shops, some times the same shop every day for a week. I have no interest in sighseeing or other tourist persuits.

I shouldn't laff if you're actually concerned about your affliction...but that is hysterical!

Date: February 17, 2012 17:41

memphiscats

Thanks for exposing your soul (and not your breasts) and your nice comment!

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: February 17, 2012 17:42

Have a laugh on me.

Personally I love it!

Date: February 20, 2012 01:18

OK, my second guilty admission. I think I spend more time posting on this board than I do listening to Stones music. Actually, I'm quite sure of it.

Doctor please, some more of these!

I should note I am listening to the new 'Chimes of Freedom' double CD...it's not bad actually.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-20 01:29 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: February 20, 2012 01:57

45 years as a Stones fan I'm still looking for a red door

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: February 20, 2012 02:05

I am a longtime fan of their music. But I can't say that I feel fascinated by them. Or numerous other bands and performers I like.

I'm generally but not always interested in what others here have to say about the Stones. The opinion of obsessed Starfu....rs and fantasizers do not inteest me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-20 02:05 by stonesrule.

Date: February 20, 2012 05:09

stonesrule
I am a longtime fan of their music. But I can't say that I feel fascinated by them. Or numerous other bands and performers I like.

I'm generally but not always interested in what others here have to say about the Stones. The opinion of obsessed Starfu....rs and fantasizers do not inteest me.

You need therapy! You have no obsessions? That's not normal! Wot's yer quirk?!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 20, 2012 05:11

treaclefingers
As identified in another thread, I have a problem with buying Vinyl Albums and then not wanting to unseal them. I know there are other of you out there.

I buy furniture and leave it wrapped in plastic. thumbs up

Date: February 20, 2012 06:14

Koen
treaclefingers
As identified in another thread, I have a problem with buying Vinyl Albums and then not wanting to unseal them. I know there are other of you out there.

I buy furniture and leave it wrapped in plastic. thumbs up

Hang on...mom...is that you?!

Posted by: ab ()
Date: February 20, 2012 08:12

This'll fix whatever ails your twisted minds...

Date: February 20, 2012 15:07

Silver Dagger

Another of my quirks , I just can't sit still sometimes . It's 8:07 am , I have been up since 2:45 am . Been for a 5 mile walk , came home , showered had a second coffeee and went for another 3 mile walk . I'll most likely go again sometime today

Oh doctor please help me I'm damaged .

Date: February 20, 2012 16:24

boston2006
Silver Dagger

Another of my quirks , I just can't sit still sometimes . It's 8:07 am , I have been up since 2:45 am . Been for a 5 mile walk , came home , showered had a second coffeee and went for another 3 mile walk . I'll most likely go again sometime today

Lots on your mind Boston? I sometimes have the 'early' wakeup, although rare thankfully. I try to read to get my mind off the topic that is bugging me.

Do you at least get the great 'catchup' sleep the next night?

Date: February 20, 2012 19:47

treaclefingers
boston2006
Silver Dagger

Lots on your mind Boston? I sometimes have the 'early' wakeup, although rare thankfully. I try to read to get my mind off the topic that is bugging me.

Do you at least get the great 'catchup' sleep the next night?

Nope , my mind is generally a blank canvas , just that sleep evades me . Sometimes get a 10 minute catnap during the day . I read about 3 books a week so that doesn't help either .

Oh help me dear doctor , I'm damaged .

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1753
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home