Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: if no tour, when will someone say "no tour"?
Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: February 16, 2012 01:08

superrevvy
aprilfool
You want a tour because you just want to see them. In Shine a light, you are blinded by the pictures of the movie but if yo listen the cd only and focus on music only, each time keith want to do something, it's a catastrophe, I am not anti-keith but I am realiste and objective. This movie came to late. If Scorcese filmed the stones in 1975, it should a nectar.

you go into a stones show in 2006 expecting brussels or fort worth or hampton.
I go into a stones show expecting to have a great time. i had a great time watching
shine a light 3 times in a theater and umpteen times at home.

and yes i am blinded by the pictures in the movie. personally i have never
regarded the stones as a concert. i regard them as a show and still, as of
the last tour, the greatest show on earth. any great music that happens to
happen is just icing. and i tasted lots of icing at shine a light.

look, i'm a glass-half-full kinda guy. and you're a glass-half-empty kinda guy.
whatever makes you happy.

Yes, the Greatest Show On Earth! That's the bottom line.

Date: February 16, 2012 01:10

The GR
May be they got sick of reading 2011 tour threads on this forum !

They love any tour speculation. Mick is a bigger Drama Queen than the Watchman.

Date: February 16, 2012 01:13

memphiscats
Let's just hope for the best. They can still rock n' roll...

No one ever said it was going to be easy. Best to keep it reasonable. 50 Shows over a year would be just fine.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 16, 2012 01:15

stonescrow
The GR

Agreed. LOL What ever happen to the "special" announcement by Watchman?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-16 01:17 by Chris Fountain.

Date: February 16, 2012 01:15

Big Al
I have never been a source for tour speculation either on here, Shidoobie of Rocks Off, but I am 100% positive that a tour is in the works. I cannot go into details due to my finding-out being work-related, but it is happening. I found this out last Saturday. Let's just say that a rather careless Rolling Stone gave it away.

Absolutely it's happening! Nothing going to de-rail this train, short of death or serious illness, that is.

Date: February 16, 2012 01:17

Long John Stoner
sweetcharmedlife
Long John Stoner
I'll say it- no tour. They're done.
I'll say it- tour. They're not done. Bet ya $100 to your favorite charity. Their will be Stones shows somewhere in the world this year.smoking smiley

I won't bet any money, even for charity, but I will say this- I'm not just saying it here to be obstinate, I firmly believe they're done. If I'm wrong, I'll obviously have to freely admit it. I'll also say that I would imagine not many will like what they have to offer if they do tour. I don't think any shows they put on will even remotely meet the standards they set for themselves in the past. You'll wish they hadn't done it.

Stating the obvious, the longer "tour or no tour" drags on this year, the better the chances are there isn't one and also, the older they get. For me, the overriding factor here are their ages and assorted infirmities. A 76 or 77 year old bass player, provided he joins up? A 72 or 73 year old drummer? A 69 or 70 year old singer and a 69 or 70 year old guitarist? Another guitarist who's 65 or 66 years old? IF there is a tour, it's possible the average Rolling Stone age will be 71 years old. I don't care who you are, and especially guys like these with their cumulative health issues, NO GROUP of five men, even four if Wyman declines, can pull off anything remotely resembling a Rolling Stones tour without some sort of health issue that hinders its success. I know from communicating with Leavell last tour that was a big concern, and it can only be magnified this time.

Put another way, chances are very good they won't be able to get insurance for a long tour and if something does go wrong, whatever makes up the Stones Conglomerate would be financially responsible for any losses incurred. I don't know this for an absolute certainty, but many people have said one reason McCartney, always known for his fiscal frugality, now tours in short bursts at a similar age is because one, he no longer feels like going on long tours but also, he has to deal with the insurance issues and doesn't want to be on the hook. And as we all know, no one ever accused Mick Jagger of being loose with his money.

Keep the tours short. I like it. Hope they don't try and send Bono crashing to the canvas.

Date: February 16, 2012 01:18

corriecas
Gazza
Big Al
I have never been a source for tour speculation either on here, Shidoobie of Rocks Off, but I am 100% positive that a tour is in the works. I cannot go into details due to my finding-out being work-related, but it is happening. I found this out last Saturday. Let's just say that a rather careless Rolling Stone gave it away.

winking smiley

Bullshit, i spoke to a rather careless Rolling stone yesterday, and he said,he is proud ofhis chart succes in the UK, and doesnot want to perform with his old band mates.
jeroen

The Rolling Stones will perform together in 2012 and 2013. End of story!

Date: February 16, 2012 01:22

corriecas
Geezzz, the Stones have put out a statement they wont do the Olympics. Dont believe the f...bloody Sun!!!!!!!
jeroen

No matter what you have read I wouldn't rule out the Olympics just yet. It may or may not happen, but it is definitely being considered.

Date: February 16, 2012 01:23

Rolling Hansie
Gazza and Big Al, I think it is not necessary to convince everybody. There are people who can read between the lines. Sorry for those who cannot.

The most profound words spoken around here in days!smileys with beer

Date: February 16, 2012 01:28

Chris Fountain
stonescrow
The GR

Agreed. LOL What ever happen to the "special" announcement by Watchman?

July 12, 2012!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 16, 2012 01:29

Stand clear, everyone. Stonescrow is on one of his 'reply to every post in the thread' bingeathons.......

tongue sticking out smiley

Date: February 16, 2012 01:37

Gazza
Stand clear, everyone. Stonescrow is on one of his 'reply to every post in the thread' bingeathons.......

tongue sticking out smiley

I have honestly been trying to keep quiet for awhile. Just can't resist the temptation to put people's minds at ease. I know it's just frustration with not having any official word yet, but I really hate to see so many stressing out over whether the Stones are done or not.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 16, 2012 01:40

Only Watchman's official announcement will put everyone to rest.drinking smiley

Date: February 16, 2012 01:43

stonescrow
Long John Stoner
sweetcharmedlife
Long John Stoner
I'll say it- no tour. They're done.
I'll say it- tour. They're not done. Bet ya $100 to your favorite charity. Their will be Stones shows somewhere in the world this year.smoking smiley

I won't bet any money, even for charity, but I will say this- I'm not just saying it here to be obstinate, I firmly believe they're done. If I'm wrong, I'll obviously have to freely admit it. I'll also say that I would imagine not many will like what they have to offer if they do tour. I don't think any shows they put on will even remotely meet the standards they set for themselves in the past. You'll wish they hadn't done it.

Stating the obvious, the longer "tour or no tour" drags on this year, the better the chances are there isn't one and also, the older they get. For me, the overriding factor here are their ages and assorted infirmities. A 76 or 77 year old bass player, provided he joins up? A 72 or 73 year old drummer? A 69 or 70 year old singer and a 69 or 70 year old guitarist? Another guitarist who's 65 or 66 years old? IF there is a tour, it's possible the average Rolling Stone age will be 71 years old. I don't care who you are, and especially guys like these with their cumulative health issues, NO GROUP of five men, even four if Wyman declines, can pull off anything remotely resembling a Rolling Stones tour without some sort of health issue that hinders its success. I know from communicating with Leavell last tour that was a big concern, and it can only be magnified this time.

Put another way, chances are very good they won't be able to get insurance for a long tour and if something does go wrong, whatever makes up the Stones Conglomerate would be financially responsible for any losses incurred. I don't know this for an absolute certainty, but many people have said one reason McCartney, always known for his fiscal frugality, now tours in short bursts at a similar age is because one, he no longer feels like going on long tours but also, he has to deal with the insurance issues and doesn't want to be on the hook. And as we all know, no one ever accused Mick Jagger of being loose with his money.

Keep the tours short. I like it. Hope they don't try and send Bono crashing to the canvas.

On second thought.......

Date: February 16, 2012 01:49

corriecas
Gazza
corriecas
ok Big Al
I rest my case.
hope you are right
i dont believe it,thats all.
have a good one
jeroen

I seem to remember you on an almost daily basis not believing the 2007 tour was going to happen until it did.

It might be hard to grasp, but you dont have to be a band member or close friend of the band to come across information that tends to give things away - be it from contacts or in the course of your employment. In Al's case, it was the latter.

Sorry Gazza,
but you know, and i know, and other people there is a lot of blah blah on internet, even on this site. rumours, hearsay etc.
thats why i had my doubts.
Maybe its true, i hope so. cause i love the band,
You cant blame me for being doubtful i think
jeroen

Doubts are just part of being a fan of the Rolling Stones. Once you understand they are just winking at you that is when the fun begins. Just enjoy the ride, the anticipation is every bit as good as the actual events.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 16, 2012 01:58

The Rolling Stones have NOT announced any new tour yet.
Everybody else have said they might or should or would tour.
But not the official Rolling Stones.
So there is nothing to cancel or deny or delay!

I feel like many here are like the kids before Christmas.
Can I open a parcel? Just one? Yes I know it's not Christnas but still?
Only problem is the Rolling Stones define when there will be party time.
First they have to rock, then roll, then play some blues,
then rock and roll some more, and when we have picked some strawberries
and potatoes and mangos and done some more gardening then there
might be a party - of course!

Bjornulf

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: February 16, 2012 01:58

stonescrow
memphiscats
Let's just hope for the best. They can still rock n' roll...

No one ever said it was going to be easy. Best to keep it reasonable. 50 Shows over a year would be just fine.

50 shows over a year? They wont do that many, if they do anything more which i doubt there will be one show for the anniversary and in the best of worlds there might be 3-5 shows in London, 3-5 shows in Paris and 3-5 shows in New York. They will never do 50 shows again, those days are over, you and everyone else here thinking they will do a full scale tour one more time have to accept that it´s over and done.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 16, 2012 02:22

bv

might be a party - of course
!

And for those of us that live in the city...garbage collection instead of the harvest? SHIDOOBEE!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 16, 2012 02:42

bv

Thanks for clearing that up BV. Clear as day.moody smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: tkl7 ()
Date: February 16, 2012 03:36

This thread is getting near the point where someone walks in and asks about whether the jam session that Keith planned actually happened, because there was no media coverage...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 16, 2012 03:39

tkl7
This thread is getting near the point where someone walks in and asks about whether the jam session that Keith planned actually happened, because there was no media coverage...

Oh that's already happened..I'm sure of it!

I'm just surprised no one has been expecting bootlegs of it so far. Usually some people expect that stuff to be circulating as soon as they unplug the amps.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 16, 2012 03:46

sweetcharmedlife
bv

I think BV just said "No tour."

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: February 16, 2012 03:56

Gazza
I'm just surprised no one has been expecting bootlegs of it so far. Usually some people expect that stuff to be circulating as soon as they unplug the amps.

Funny that I never thought of it, Gazza...but as you bring it up, yes, now I wonder: "WHY IS THE THE JAM NOT UP ON DIME YET????"

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 16, 2012 07:11

Rocky Dijon
sweetcharmedlife
bv

I think BV got tapped on the arm by the long arm of Stones Inc.eye popping smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 16, 2012 07:34

Nah, just a reality check before imaginations started running away.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 16, 2012 09:10

Rocky Dijon

smiling smiley No, he didn't

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 16, 2012 09:39

bv speaks the truth in the sense that there has been no announcement. What I read stated nothing about a tour - although it would have helped his case - but the letter I received from a member of rolling stones management specified a particular requirement that only leads me to the one conclusion.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: February 16, 2012 09:41

Big Al
bv speaks the truth in the sense that there has been no announcement. What I read stated nothing about a tour - although it would have helped his case - but the letter I received from a member of rolling stones management specified a particular requirement that only leads me to the one conclusion.

If you've said this much, you might as well just spill the beans and tell us what you're talking about.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 16, 2012 09:47

Send It To me
Big Al

If you've said this much, you might as well just spill the beans and tell us what you're talking about.

Three words: Data Protection Act

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: February 16, 2012 10:19

Big Al
the letter I received from a member of rolling stones management specified a particular requirement that only leads me to the one conclusion.

c'mon, Al, there's lots of reasons why somebody might require a big inflatable penis...

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1166
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home