Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 36
Re: Mick Jagger to perform at The White House Feb 21
Posted by: seitan ()
Date: February 26, 2012 00:57

Doxa
seitan
proudmary
Rolling Hansie
proudmary
I'd like to see Jagger in a gig with a good guitar player with whom he has a normal, harmonious relationship

LOL, and who would that be ?

What is your irony about exactly? Why - LOL?
I've read an interview with Jagger recently - somebody posted it here on this board - and Mick says it is impossible to be on stage and make music with someone you do not have a harmonious relationship.
Who could be that guitar player - dunno the choice is great, I think many would like to play with Jagger. But why not to start with Beck, they did good at WH

I think I clearly said - after the Stones anniversary in whatever form this anniversary will take place. So you have no reason to feel offended by my disrespect and antipathy to Richards (I know, you see it in all my posts)

Jaggers second solo album "Primadonna Crap"..eh sorry Primitive Cool with Jeff Becky already speaks for itself. - Let´s Work, huh ? - Now that´s another Gimme Shelter, right ??

Instead of Jerky Becky - I would like to see Brenda Jagger on stage with a dirty old white blues man who wrote "Gimme Shelter" and who can still kick Micks ass, instead of having some slick metal hard rock guitars like Biff Jeck who already has done one crappy album with him. He needs Keef -real songwriter to work with. You have no reason to feel offended by my disrespect and antipathy to Keef bashers. For Keith is the guy who wrote Satisfaction, Gimme Shelter and more than half of the greatest rock roll songs of all time. I mean what has Jeff Becky written - oh yeah crap, that´s it.

I think you a bit too romantic here, seitan. Keith is not any longer the guy who wrote "Gimme Shelter" or "Satisfaction". I don't think Keith has inspired or 'kicked' Jagger for some 30 years now. Jagger's best songs are done as far as possible from Keith - "Evening Gown", "Saint of Me", "Out of Control", etc - and of Keith's songs that Jagger fhas finished - write them melodies - aren't many one could call any way memorable Stones tunes (start counting from the album you love so much, UNDERCOVER). And no matter how we love Keith's touch as guitarist, and his achievements in that area, playing wonderful guitar is not exactly his trademark any longer.

But Jeff Beck is as good as he has ever been. As a guitarist. As a hired gun. Probably not so magnificient as he once were, but like Jagger - damn competent still in his own area: as a guitarist who has a signature sound. One can have any opinions about his style (I don't like it actually very much) but within that he has not degenerated. Of his own generation players, I think he is survived best. A Jagger of guitar. Even Clapton is respected old man we all listen our hats off, and we don't even mention our Stones heroes - Keef, Wood, Taylor - here. But put those two damn peterpans together, like in the white House, and we will look that our mouths open... Maybe that's what I want: bring together the last men of the greatest rock and roll generation ever who are still proudly standing... Not dead and history yet! Still delivering the goods so goddamn fine!

PRIMITIVE COOL? Beck was a hired gun who he did his things to Jagger's songs then. If Jagger comes now with more bluesier material, a'la "Commit a Crime"...

- Doxa

Commit a Crime is Howling Wolf song, - Mick has not written not one good song since Sticky Fingers album, - and an idea of cover songs is not that great idea, least not without Keith, - I dont need disco versions of blues classics. Micks solo albums speaks for itself. At this moment is funny that people bash Keith for what he dont do - aah, he cant playyy...how the hell would people know, if he dont play. ( ...and as for playing great guitar as Keef´s trademark - he´s playing was great on that recent Tom Waits album, so dont forget that one - besides, since when did people want Keef to be virtuoso - He wasnt famous for fast solos in the first place - Keith has always been somewhat "out of tune sloppy junkie" guitarist)

Keefs main focus was on vocals at Hubert memorial, and he didnt run out of breath like Mick did while he was kissing Obamas ass.. Keef didnt play that much guitar but what he did do - was fine, no fuckups - and he played with Hubert´s band and not with the Stones) - I could bash a lot of people for what they dont do, like bring me coffee..but what´s the point ?

Mick was out of breath and could hardly sing, he was gasping for air on the very first song and he couldnt hardly speak after that either..He was running around like monkey on stage but could hardly deliver. That´s not cool - that´s making an ass out of yourself. - Keith did his set with ease and style. Mick and Keef didnt play lot of guitar - why should they, Clapton and miss Becky were there doing all the guitar hero parts.

And I would rather have Eric Clapton on stage with the Stones - instead of some heavy metal hard rock guitarist like Miss Becky Jeff - at least, Clapton is a blues guy. Or maybe let Ronnie and Mick play the guitar with Keef and Taylor - much better erh.. what´s next - Slash ? Yuck.

Am I now gonna bash Mick for what he didnt do - no, I dont think so - why bother...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-26 01:28 by seitan.

Re: Mick Jagger live at The White House Feb 21
Posted by: pinksuit ()
Date: February 26, 2012 01:21

I am joining this thread w/o having read the latest posts, but have read it yesterday completely. When I watched the vids Wednesday, I had the same impression and was shocked at the breathlessness after 1 number. When I watched it again yesterday, it was completely different.

It was a strange setting and everything that has been discussed here. But I really liked the performance of Mick and Jeff Beck. Great attitude and interaction as well as his performance with Buddy Guy. These guys seem to get along pretty well.

And since yesterday I have a new discovery which is Susan Tedeschi. I think her voice and performance at the WH was f great. (Her version of You got the silver is also nice).

With regards to new record tour etc. I keep my hopes very low. I like to see that Jagger is doing great as an artist and Keith seems somehow healthy.

I guess we will get great things in terms of the infamous vaults and maybe some performances and loads of interviews...

Just had to add my 2 cents to the turmoil

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 26, 2012 01:33

seitan
Doxa
seitan
proudmary
Rolling Hansie
proudmary
I'd like to see Jagger in a gig with a good guitar player with whom he has a normal, harmonious relationship

I've read an interview with Jagger recently - somebody posted it here on this board - and Mick says it is impossible to be on stage and make music with someone you do not have a harmonious relationship.
Who could be that guitar player - dunno the choice is great, I think many would like to play with Jagger. But why not to start with Beck, they did good at WH

I think I clearly said - after the Stones anniversary in whatever form this anniversary will take place. So you have no reason to feel offended by my disrespect and antipathy to Richards (I know, you see it in all my posts)

Jaggers second solo album "Primadonna Crap"..eh sorry Primitive Cool with Jeff Becky already speaks for itself. - Let´s Work, huh ? - Now that´s another Gimme Shelter, right ??

Instead of Jerky Becky - I would like to see Brenda Jagger on stage with a dirty old white blues man who wrote "Gimme Shelter" and who can still kick Micks ass, instead of having some slick metal hard rock guitars like Biff Jeck who already has done one crappy album with him. He needs Keef -real songwriter to work with. You have no reason to feel offended by my disrespect and antipathy to Keef bashers. For Keith is the guy who wrote Satisfaction, Gimme Shelter and more than half of the greatest rock roll songs of all time. I mean what has Jeff Becky written - oh yeah crap, that´s it.

I think you a bit too romantic here, seitan. Keith is not any longer the guy who wrote "Gimme Shelter" or "Satisfaction". I don't think Keith has inspired or 'kicked' Jagger for some 30 years now. Jagger's best songs are done as far as possible from Keith - "Evening Gown", "Saint of Me", "Out of Control", etc - and of Keith's songs that Jagger fhas finished - write them melodies - aren't many one could call any way memorable Stones tunes (start counting from the album you love so much, UNDERCOVER). And no matter how we love Keith's touch as guitarist, and his achievements in that area, playing wonderful guitar is not exactly his trademark any longer.

But Jeff Beck is as good as he has ever been. As a guitarist. As a hired gun. Probably not so magnificient as he once were, but like Jagger - damn competent still in his own area: as a guitarist who has a signature sound. One can have any opinions about his style (I don't like it actually very much) but within that he has not degenerated. Of his own generation players, I think he is survived best. A Jagger of guitar. Even Clapton is respected old man we all listen our hats off, and we don't even mention our Stones heroes - Keef, Wood, Taylor - here. But put those two damn peterpans together, like in the white House, and we will look that our mouths open... Maybe that's what I want: bring together the last men of the greatest rock and roll generation ever who are still proudly standing... Not dead and history yet! Still delivering the goods so goddamn fine!

PRIMITIVE COOL? Beck was a hired gun who he did his things to Jagger's songs then. If Jagger comes now with more bluesier material, a'la "Commit a Crime"...

- Doxa

Commit a Crime is Howling Wolf song, - Mick has not written not one good song since Sticky Fingers album, - and an idea of cover songs is not that great idea, least not without Keith, - Micks solo albums speaks for itself. At this moment is funny that people bash Keith for what he dont do - aah, he cant playyy...how the hell would people know, if he dont play. ( ...and as for playing great guitar as Keef´s trademark - he´s playing was great on that recent Tom Waits album, so dont forget that one - besides, since when did people want Keef to be virtuoso - He wasnt famous for fast solos in the first place - Keith has always been somewhat "out of tune sloppy junkie" guitarist)

Keefs main focus was on vocals at Hubert memorial, and he didnt run out of breath like Mick did while he was kissing Obamas ass.. Keef didnt play that much guitar but what he did do - was fine, no fuckups - and he played with Hubert´s band and not with the Stones) - I could bash a lot of people for what they dont do, like bring me coffee..but what´s the point ?

Mick was out of breath and could hardly sing, he was gasping for air on the very first song and he couldnt hardly speak after that either..He was running around like monkey on stage but could hardly deliver. That´s not cool - that´s making an ass out of yourself. - Keith did his set with ease and style. Mick and Keef didnt play lot of guitar - why should they, Clapton and miss Becky were there doing all the guitar hero parts.

And I would rather have Eric Clapton on stage with the Stones - instead of some heavy metal hard rock guitarist like Miss Becky Jeff - at least, Clapton is a blues guy. Or maybe let Ronnie and Mick play the guitar with Keef and Taylor - much better erh.. what´s next - Slash ? Yuck.

Am I now gonna bash Mick for what he didnt do - no, I dont think so - why bother...

Oh my... You bash here Jagger - "not one good song since STICKY FINGERS" etc. -for me because some people have bashed Keith in somewhere else. This kind of discussion is not my cup of tea. If you want to know what I think about Keith's performance, go and check my post in that thread. Or what I think of Mick's "Can't Turn You Loose", you could check it here. A hint = not drastically differening from your opinions.

- Doxa

P.S. Yeah. I did know that "Commit A Crime" is not Jagger's original song.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-26 01:39 by Doxa.

Date: February 26, 2012 01:41

Doxa
seitan
Doxa
seitan
proudmary
Rolling Hansie
proudmary

- Doxa

Commit a Crime is Howling Wolf song, - Mick has not written not one good song since Sticky Fingers album, - and an idea of cover songs is not that great idea, least not without Keith, - Micks solo albums speaks for itself. At this moment is funny that people bash Keith for what he dont do - aah, he cant playyy...how the hell would people know, if he dont play. ( ...and as for playing great guitar as Keef´s trademark - he´s playing was great on that recent Tom Waits album, so dont forget that one - besides, since when did people want Keef to be virtuoso - He wasnt famous for fast solos in the first place - Keith has always been somewhat "out of tune sloppy junkie" guitarist)

Oh my... You bash here Jagger for me - "not a good song since STICKY FINGERS", etc... because some people have bashed Keith in somewhere else. This kind of discussion is not my cup of tea. If you want to know what I think about Keith's performance, go and check my post in that thread. Or what I think of Mick's "Can't Turn You Loose", you could check it here.

- Doxa

it´s not an question of bashing anyone - the fact is that Mick needs a good songwriting partnership - when I think of his songs - I can think of only Brown Sugar or Moonlight Mile - after that - I cant think of any really classic Stones that didnt have Keith´s input. It´s a fact - and no Jeff can ever replace that. I think Keith is growing up with grace and dignity, but I´m not sure about Mick running around..that´s just a fact. I think Mick is chasing after his youth and he cant catch it anymore - they should both settle down, write songs together and see what happens...but no-one can replace them on stage. Those guys are the Stones and they need each other...songwriting proofs it. - Yes, I did read your post about Keith´s performance, it´s great that you were not expecting some Yngwie Malmsteen guitar solo like some people seem to...

Date: February 26, 2012 02:28

Seitan, I don't feel like disputing opinions in terms of "facts". You don't seem to appreciate Jagger's output, and that's alright. But to me eyes you have way too rosy or romantic picture of Jagger/Richards creative partnership. I don't belivee such big miracles that those two suddenly - after three decades or so - start writing wonderful songs together again. I think that is way too much to ask. Actually if they could do anything together - just to appear on the same stage - that would be a nice extra. They have actually drifted so far musically from each other. This week actually confirmed that. I think their take on blues - the same subject matter - is so different to each other that it is rather difficult to think how those two realms could fit together. It is the question of individual taste if one finds Keith's more intimate approach or Jagger's techically oriented approach better (I love them both but I recognize the limits of each)). I am quite sure that they will perform together this year under the headline of The Rolling Stones, but that will be rather 'formal' affair.

I think we have come to the point that both Mick and Keith can do better things by their own than together (artistically speaking, I would say that has been true for some quite time, since UNDERCOVER I guess). The results of their collaboration usually sounds like comprimises. I'd love to see Keith going deeper to his more intime, heartful, old blues man or ballad singer direction, and Mick more freely to his more professional direction. Both should follow their own muses. Like I've said many times, that Jagger/Beck colleboration really make an impression to me (and I have never even been a Beck fan or any 'guitar hero' expect Hendrix). But I see there some freshness, chemistry and potentiality. Personally I'd love Jagger to work more with him than, say, Dave Stewart. But like proudmary, I DON'T WANT THAT TO HAPPEN WITHIN THE SCHEME OF STONES (even though I flirted with the idea for awhile). I am too nostalgic in that sense; it's "Keith's band" and I want to keep it like that. Bring rather back Taylor and Wyman, than any new guns, etc.. just to 'look' it better.

So to simplify my view: I don't think the Rolling Stones - that is: Jagger and Richards together - could provide artistically speaking anything worthwhile any longer (than just keep the vaults open). But I think individually Mick and Keith might do something that might little add to their own legacy.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-26 02:31 by Doxa.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: February 26, 2012 04:44

Without Mick carrying Keith for so many years, he wouldn't be here.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: February 26, 2012 04:55

>Mick has not written not one good song since Sticky Fingers album

So you're saying he's written more than one good song?

Oh never mind, get behind me seitan!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 26, 2012 06:02

Glam Descendant
>Mick has not written not one good song since Sticky Fingers album

So you're saying he's written more than one good song?

Oh never mind, get behind me seitan!

Nice one.

Posted by: elunsi ()
Date: February 26, 2012 08:14

[
it´s not an question of bashing anyone - the fact is that Mick needs a good songwriting partnership - when I think of his songs - I can think of only Brown Sugar or Moonlight Mile - after that - I cant think of any really classic Stones that didnt have Keith´s input. It´s a fact - and no Jeff can ever replace that. I think Keith is growing up with grace and dignity, but I´m not sure about Mick running around..that´s just a fact. I think Mick is chasing after his youth and he cant catch it anymore - they should both settle down, write songs together and see what happens...but no-one can replace them on stage. Those guys are the Stones and they need each other...songwriting proofs it. - Yes, I did read your post about Keith´s performance, it´s great that you were not expecting some Yngwie Malmsteen guitar solo like some people seem to...[/quote]

Which real classic Stones song has Keith written after Sticky Fingers without Mick´s input?

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: February 26, 2012 08:59

Miss you was actually really good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-26 09:02 by ryanpow.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 26, 2012 11:21

ryanpow
Miss you was actually really good.

Absolutely

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: February 26, 2012 11:28

Both MJ and KR are old; MJ is still a great performer, an KR..........i don't know what to say ...........
I never wanted him to be a virtuoso, what i miss from him is the "out of tune sloppy junkie" guitarist he was.
My favourite time was the 77-86 period with the Barbarians sloppy thing which i love too much.
I think they have to celebrate the 50th aniversary, but not with a massive tour.
Both musical directions (MJ's and KR's) did'nt share almost anything since 1981; now is time for enjoy their legacy and have the respect for the old men they are. I think they do not enjoy working together, and we must respect that.
I love both KR and MJ, but in 2012 they won't never be the same 70's-80's RS that i loved.
What i refuse to admit is a tour with other guitar players hidden, i prefer no shows, no tour..........

Date: February 26, 2012 14:02

Doxa
Seitan, I don't feel like disputing opinions in terms of "facts". You don't seem to appreciate Jagger's output, and that's alright. But to me eyes you have way too rosy or romantic picture of Jagger/Richards creative partnership. I don't belivee such big miracles that those two suddenly - after three decades or so - start writing wonderful songs together again. I think that is way too much to ask. Actually if they could do anything together - just to appear on the same stage - that would be a nice extra. They have actually drifted so far musically from each other. This week actually confirmed that. I think their take on blues - the same subject matter - is so different to each other that it is rather difficult to think how those two realms could fit together. It is the question of individual taste if one finds Keith's more intimate approach or Jagger's techically oriented approach better (I love them both but I recognize the limits of each)). I am quite sure that they will perform together this year under the headline of The Rolling Stones, but that will be rather 'formal' affair.

I think we have come to the point that both Mick and Keith can do better things by their own than together (artistically speaking, I would say that has been true for some quite time, since UNDERCOVER I guess). The results of their collaboration usually sounds like comprimises. I'd love to see Keith going deeper to his more intime, heartful, old blues man or ballad singer direction, and Mick more freely to his more professional direction. Both should follow their own muses. Like I've said many times, that Jagger/Beck colleboration really make an impression to me (and I have never even been a Beck fan or any 'guitar hero' expect Hendrix). But I see there some freshness, chemistry and potentiality. Personally I'd love Jagger to work more with him than, say, Dave Stewart. But like proudmary, I DON'T WANT THAT TO HAPPEN WITHIN THE SCHEME OF STONES (even though I flirted with the idea for awhile). I am too nostalgic in that sense; it's "Keith's band" and I want to keep it like that. Bring rather back Taylor and Wyman, than any new guns, etc.. just to 'look' it better.

So to simplify my view: I don't think the Rolling Stones - that is: Jagger and Richards together - could provide artistically speaking anything worthwhile any longer (than just keep the vaults open). But I think individually Mick and Keith might do something that might little add to their own legacy.

- Doxa

Ok, fair enough. - Maybe I missunderstood you at first - I really would hate to see Stones be totally overtaken by other musicians - It´s still Keith, Mick, Charlie and Ronnie for me - (and Taylor and Bill..and eh, Brian, Stu..) I can understand if they bring someone like Bobby Keys who does bring in great input to the band, but it would be impossible for me to see someone replace Keith or Charlie or Mick..The Glimmer Twins havent really made any impact on their solo recordings, I think they need each other.

Date: February 26, 2012 15:07

seitan
Ok, fair enough. - Maybe I missunderstood you at first - I really would hate to see Stones be totally overtaken by other musicians - It´s still Keith, Mick, Charlie and Ronnie for me - (and Taylor and Bill..and eh, Brian, Stu..) I can understand if they bring someone like Bobby Keys who does bring in great input to the band, but it would be impossible for me to see someone replace Keith or Charlie or Mick..The Glimmer Twins havent really made any impact on their solo recordings, I think they need each other.

I think that ever since The Glimmer Twins started making solo records, you are right, they surely didn't make anything impact compared to their earlier achievements in the Rolling Stones in the past. But nor did their collobarations within the Stones either. Personally I think that artistically speaking since UNDERCOVER their solo doings are mostly better than their Stones doings (even though they didn't sell so much than commercially safer Stones packages). I rather listen to TALK IS CHEAP and WANDERING SPIRIT than any Stones album from the era because they simply have better songs, and sound musically more authentic. I think the best songs from 'modern era' Stones album are from BRIDGES TO BABYLON, which, as we know, is basically two solo albums put together - that is say that the songs are done not a spefic Stones album in mind, and not needing to make compromises (think of "Out of Control", "Saint of Me", "How Can I Stop", etc.). I think that speaks volumes.

But what for goes them as live act. Yeah, for nostalgic reasons I also prefer them to not change the personnel at all, or as little as possible (no any Becks or Claptons in this part of story). But there is another Doxa in me who is asking how much the band and its sound can alter or degenarate than we still can call it The Rolling Stones? To an extent I think that the band is bigger than its individual members. They make unusual noise togethertongue sticking out smiley. But is it The Rolling Stones there any longer if it is not driven by the musical intuitions of Keith Richards, but a league of faceless background musicians? Or if the band is not able to 'groove' enough like they old rademark is, especially when Wyman was there? How much we can give them these kind of musical compromises, freepasses, etc. or are we just paying homage to individuals we admire so much, nad not caring the music any longer?. To make the point in caricature: even if all Richards would do was to fart and smile on stage, would we still call it the Rolling Stones? I don't have a answer here, and I don't take sides here. I just see a dilemma that puzzles me personally. Namely, in the end it is the music I love, not the persons. Call it 'Vegas era syndroma'grinning smiley.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-26 15:13 by Doxa.

Date: February 26, 2012 15:21

I loved both gigs.
I loved both Mick's and Keith's performances.
Is it still possible on this board to like Keith without bashing Mick ?
Is it still possible on this board to like Mick without bashing Keith ?

MICK AND KEITH WERE GREAT

-------------------

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: February 26, 2012 15:31

They both are still great!!!!!!!!! Peace in the forum

Date: February 26, 2012 16:42

Rolling Hansie
IIs it still possible on this board to like Keith without bashing Mick ?
Is it still possible on this board to like Mick without bashing Keith ?

What I find funny these days is that Mick and Keith live in such different musical worlds - almost opposite to each other - that the traits that are good in Mick are bad in Keith, and vice versa. When people praise Keith for 'authenticity', 'growing up with a dignity', 'showing true feelings' that sounds like a slam to Mick's direction. And when people praise Jagger for his 'youthfulness', 'incredible physical presence', 'hard work', 'still technical excellence', etc. that is a hit against poor Keith... To an extent, we have always had those yin/yang-sides in them, but nowadays they are really visible. Keith sounds like only the feelings and heart are left, but all the skills disappeared; Mick just a full of of skillness and ability, but not heart in it...

What I try to say that the tension between Mick and Keith and the drive to bash the other is rather difficult to resist these days.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-26 16:43 by Doxa.

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: February 26, 2012 17:00

mick is pure heart all heart

he just doesnt always wear it on his sleeve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-26 17:02 by superrevvy.

Date: February 26, 2012 17:06

Maybe you are right Doxa. I don't know the reasons.
I just hate the competition that constantly is brought up between Mick and Keith.
Which performance was better, who is in best shape etc.
No problem with liking one more than the other.
We all have different tastes and that's good and even interesting to talk about.
Never too old to learn something from somebody else.
But the Stones are Mick AND Keith.

-------------------

Date: February 26, 2012 17:06

superrevvy
mick is pure heart all heart

he just doesnt always wear it on his sleeve

To en extent I think you are right... but Jagger hides that damn good... (just like Keith his soupreme guitarist skills...)>grinning smiley<

- Doxa

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: February 26, 2012 17:09

yeah u rite for sure. mick the tough love man. keet the blind love man. yes I.

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: February 26, 2012 18:11

I really don't get the comments dissing Keith's skill now. Keith's understated playing has just become more understated in his old age. Look how he lets "space" between the music talk. That concept might be hard for some to grasp, but that is so much the essence of who KR is as a musician anyway. I think his phrasing at the Sumlin gig was great. Keith lets his music fly when his hands are not even on the fretboard. He's always gotten off on that. So if you're looking for something different, you're gonna be real disappointed from here on out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-26 18:16 by paulm.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: February 26, 2012 20:25

from RS review of SH Memorial
"Richards is currently recording solo tracks with Steve Jordan for an upcoming album. Here's hoping he'll promote it by touring theaters, doing exactly what he did last night – singing center-stage, sitting while playing country blues and plugging in when he feels like it – especially if the Stones don't tour immediately".

Yeah, I was right! I said almost immediately after the release of his book that Richards is going to release a solo album in the Stones anniversary year. And now he is planning a solo tour to support the album.

Where's Dandelion Powderman? We had a bet with him on this one

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-26 20:29 by proudmary.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 26, 2012 20:28

proudmary
And now he is planning a solo tour to support the album.

that doesn't say Keith is planning to tour - it says the author hopes he'll tour if the Stones don't

Date: February 26, 2012 20:29

seitan

I am a little bit confused. You are so much against "bashing" and criticize every criticism of Keith, but what you do here is pure bashing, nothing else. confused smiley

Date: February 26, 2012 20:51

elunsi
seitan

I am a little bit confused. You are so much against "bashing" and criticize every criticism of Keith, but what you do here is pure bashing, nothing else. confused smiley

No, it's perfectly all right bashing Mick, he dared to perform without Richards.
It is sufficient reason for these passages - "Mick has not written not one good song since Sticky Fingers album"
"Jagger run out of breath... while he was kissing Obamas ass" et cetera
But the funniest thing is..." I would like to see Brenda Jagger on stage with a dirty old white blues man who wrote "Gimme Shelter" and who can still kick Micks ass. He needs Keef -real songwriter to work with" - while the famous author of all the Stones songs records a solo album and plans to tour without Jagger

Date: February 26, 2012 20:57

proudmary
elunsi
seitan

No, it's perfectly all right bashing Mick, he dared to perform without Richards.
It is sufficient reason for these passages - "Mick has not written not one good song since Sticky Fingers album"
But the funniest thing is..." I would like to see Brenda Jagger on stage with a dirty old white blues man who wrote "Gimme Shelter" and who can still kick Micks ass. He needs Keef -real songwriter to work with" - while the famous author of all the Stones songs records a solo album and plans to tour without Jagger

Now I´m really confused, lol, i hope you are being sarcastic here.

Date: February 26, 2012 21:27

elunsi
proudmary
elunsi
seitan

Now I´m really confused, lol, i hope you are being sarcastic here.

Nope, I'm not being sarcastic at all

"Richards’s currently recording solo tracks with Steve Jordan for an upcoming album. Here's hoping he'll promote it by touring theaters, doing exactly what he did last night – singing center-stage, sitting while playing country blues and plugging in when he feels like it – especially if the Stones don't tour immediately".

[www.rollingstone.com]

Date: February 26, 2012 21:28

proudmary
it's perfectly all right bashing Mick

No, it is NOT alright. That's exactly what I have been posting here for the past couple of days.

-------------------

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 26, 2012 21:32

proudmary
from RS review of SH Memorial
"Richards is currently recording solo tracks with Steve Jordan for an upcoming album.
That's just a rehash of an old story. No recent word on his working with Steve Jordan.In fact Steve Jordan is going to be touring with John Mayer. No chance Keith would do a solo tour before a Stones tour.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1496
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home