Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Mick Jagger, Ronnie Wood captured in CARINTHIA WEST 's Exhibition St Pauls Gallery
Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: March 3, 2012 06:44

SwayStones
Mick with Linda Rondstadt

I love that photo with Linda Ronstadt....never seen it before....
I still don't believe they had an affair. I was in love with Linda Ronstadt before I knew the Stones and I remember reading a bio....Linda was not flighty enough for Mick - too intelligent for a 'fling' with such a rogue. And Linda was actually friends with Bianca, lived next door to each other in Malibu when Mick and Bianca briefly had a home there.
LR's version of TD is what introduced me to the Stones.....and I will always love her for that.

Re: Mick Jagger, Ronnie Wood captured in CARINTHIA WEST 's Exhibition St Pauls Gallery
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: March 3, 2012 17:13

stupidguy ,some read for you smiling smiley

[www.ronstadt-linda.com]

Steve Bloom: I've heard this story that you were turned on to jazz a few years ago by Mick Jagger. Is this true?
Linda Ronstadt: Yeah. It hadn't even occurred to me to sing jazz-type standards until I got a Ben Webster and Charlie Parker album that Mick gave me. We were sitting around listening to it one night and I said, "Gee, that record's so good," so he gave it to me. I took it on the road and I used to play it at the end of the shows. The songs just hypnotized me.

No credits for those ones :-(

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: March 6, 2012 12:40

(l-r) Mark Rogers, of Clay Rogers, Carinthia West, Chris Jagger and Neil Robinson, director of St Paul's Gallery, at the launch of Carinthia's photography exhibition in Birmingham.jpg

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: March 6, 2012 22:49

Sway - pretty sure hbwriter was being straight-up and not sarcastic or anything, simply saying he thought that paragraph was completely fascinating. I agree. And yes, I also agree that it's almost comically name-droppy, but....also that's simply who was hanging out, and what happened. It's just too cool that this convergence of people was hanging, jamming, sharing major life events, "mundane" normal stuff like speeding to the hospital and getting pulled over by the cops, but being let go due to who it was - and probably that a woman was in labor in the car. Just a super cool little content-packed paragraph.

all best
swiss

and ps - thanks for the thread!! these photos and stories are so badass! all of them - the Linda Rondstadt/Mick ones really are a gas.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-06 22:52 by swiss.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1720
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home