Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mick Jagger, Ronnie Wood captured in CARINTHIA WEST 's Exhibition St Pauls Gallery
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: February 12, 2012 18:13

Thanks to you ,steel driving hammer who having given me the idea for that thread by posting a photo Carinthia West took in 1976 :

[www.iorr.org]

I made a search screen and found nothing about her on iorr ,so I 've thought it's worth while to open a thread about the phtos she took from Jagger and Wood in 1976 .

I hope we can find some more because I hadnver seen those until now,apart from the Holland Park one .

Has anyone seen the exhibition ?

SwayStones
steel driving hammer
More info on this photo please?

Ron n Mick.

Ronnie Wood and Mick Jagger on Malibu Beach by Carinthia West ,1976

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

I can’t remember how I first met Mick and Ronnie – they were just in my circle – but I started going out with Mick in September 1976 and we had a very secret affair. This photograph was taken on Malibu Beach. It was October 1976 and Mick, Ronnie and I were on our way to Diana Ross’s daughter’s fourth birthday party – Mick is holding a present. Ronnie’s manager was Bob Ellis, who was married to Diana Ross, and Ronnie and Krissy had rented number 54 Malibu Colony, a short walk down the beach. A few days before we had been having jamming sessions that went on all night, even though Krissy was pregnant at the time. The night she went into labour we were all downstairs partying with Warren Beatty, the actress Geneviève Bujold, the singer Linda Ronstadt and Jerry Brown, who was the governor of California at the time. I was timing Krissy’s contractions and when I finally persuaded Ronnie and Mick that she did need to go to the hospital, they called Sandy Castle, who was Neil Young’s right-hand man, who arrived in a hearse to collect us, which broke up the party somewhat. Sandy was speeding and we were pulled over by the police, but once they saw who was inside they waved us on. We were at the hospital for 24 hours before she gave birth to their beautiful son Jesse.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Re: Mick Jagger, Ronnie Wood captured in CARINTHIA WEST 's Exhibition St Pauls Gallery
Date: February 12, 2012 18:13

Holland Park 1976

Re: Mick Jagger, Ronnie Wood captured in CARINTHIA WEST 's Exhibition St Pauls Gallery
Date: February 12, 2012 18:15

Date: February 12, 2012 18:18

I love that one :

Personal, Rarely seen image of Mick Jagger, Ronnie and Jesse Wood

[community.benchmarkemail.com]

Date: February 12, 2012 18:20

She was very pretty ,no wonder why Jagger had a crush on her :

[www.harrodsbank.co.uk]

Throughout her career as a model, actress and journalist, Carinthia West, 59, has always
had her camera by her side, capturing carefree moments for her bulging scrapbooks. She
herself has been photographed by such greats as Lord Lichfield, Mario Testino and David
Bailey in her modelling heyday. Carinthia has brought her own debut exhibition of
photographic works, entitled ‘Hanging Out’, to the Midlands, the Isle of Wight and London.
The daughter of General Sir
Michael and Lady West, who
founded the Quay Arts Centre on
the Isle of Wight, Carinthia’s life
has been extraordinary. Brought
up by art-loving, generous parents,
she was discovered standing at a
bus stop in King’s Road by Beatles
photographer Robert Whitaker at
the age of 17 and his shots kick
started her modelling career. In
addition, Whitaker, whose flatmate
was Eric Clapton, helped to open
a door to a world filled with icons
such as Mick Jagger, Ronnie Wood,
Helen Mirren and David Bowie, all
of whom were personal friends by
the Mid 70’s.
In 1970 Carinthia (named after the
Austrian province in which she was
born) was given her first acting
role, playing a small part in John
Cassavetes’ “Husbands”. Later she
became a journalist, interviewing
celebrities for Marie Claire, Tatler
and Harper’s Bazaar. ‘My pictures
are probably no different from
those of a lot of people around at
the time’, she says. ‘In fact I look
at some old pictures of a Rolling
Stones concert and think, “I was
just to the left of that shot”. At the
time I was just living my life but I
can now see that it was something
quite remarkable.’ With her trusty
SLR at her side, she snapped
away, accumulating thousands
of candid and relaxed shots. Her
friends trusted her implicitly and
that is evident in the shots chosen
for her debut exhibition. Each
one is packed with personality
and evokes that warm feeling
you experience when relaxing
with your favourite friends. Now
photography lovers can see for
themselves the evocative pictures,
when the exhibition travels to St
Paul’s Gallery in Birmingham on 11
November 2011.
On banking with Harrods Bank
Carinthia says “I need a bank
where I can speak to someone
easily on the telephone as I am
constantly travelling around.
Everyone at the bank knows
me and I have an excellent
relationship with my Account
Manager. It is always a pleasure to
do business with Harrods Bank”
Some prints as limited editions
will be for sale through the
gallery – for more details on the
‘Hanging Out’ exhibition visit
www.stpaulsgallery.com
Carinthia West
‘Hanging out’ with...

Date: February 12, 2012 18:22

More,

Date: February 12, 2012 18:27

steel driving hammer,the one on the left is funny .
Can you imagine Jagger & Ronnie walking on Malibu beach with ,as for Jagger,ridiculous sun glasses & for Ronnie ,a stuff that looks like a giant lolly pop ?lol

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 12, 2012 18:54

Seeing the photo of her in the link posted above, I think she's sitting in front of Charlie when he introduces Marianne at the Rock and Roll Circus.

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: February 12, 2012 18:56

The glasses, well, it's part of the mid-seventies. Apart from that, I think that Mick has got strange taste in sunglasses. Most of them throughout the years seem to be either small or big for him, not sitting well on his nose etc.Just like grabbing them without even trying them on. Now about the 'lollypop' you're right. What is it anyway?

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: February 12, 2012 19:33

SwayStones

Ron n Mick.

..[/quote]

Very good thread Swaywinking smiley
Could this beach be the infamous Zuma Beach ??? or is it another one ???

HMN

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: February 12, 2012 19:38

"I can’t remember how I first met Mick and Ronnie – they were just in my circle – but I started going out with Mick in September 1976 and we had a very secret affair. This photograph was taken on Malibu Beach. It was October 1976 and Mick, Ronnie and I were on our way to Diana Ross’s daughter’s fourth birthday party – Mick is holding a present. Ronnie’s manager was Bob Ellis, who was married to Diana Ross, and Ronnie and Krissy had rented number 54 Malibu Colony, a short walk down the beach. A few days before we had been having jamming sessions that went on all night, even though Krissy was pregnant at the time. The night she went into labour we were all downstairs partying with Warren Beatty, the actress Geneviève Bujold, the singer Linda Ronstadt and Jerry Brown, who was the governor of California at the time. I was timing Krissy’s contractions and when I finally persuaded Ronnie and Mick that she did need to go to the hospital, they called Sandy Castle, who was Neil Young’s right-hand man, who arrived in a hearse to collect us, which broke up the party somewhat. Sandy was speeding and we were pulled over by the police, but once they saw who was inside they waved us on. We were at the hospital for 24 hours before she gave birth to their beautiful son Jesse."

In my opinion, perhaps the single most interesting collection of words I have ever read on this site smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-12 20:33 by hbwriter.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 12, 2012 21:33

very cool stuff

Date: February 14, 2012 14:06

hbwriter
"I can’t remember how I first met Mick and Ronnie – they were just in my circle – but I started going out with Mick in September 1976 and we had a very secret affair. This photograph was taken on Malibu Beach. It was October 1976 and Mick, Ronnie and I were on our way to Diana Ross’s daughter’s fourth birthday party – Mick is holding a present. Ronnie’s manager was Bob Ellis, who was married to Diana Ross, and Ronnie and Krissy had rented number 54 Malibu Colony, a short walk down the beach. A few days before we had been having jamming sessions that went on all night, even though Krissy was pregnant at the time. The night she went into labour we were all downstairs partying with Warren Beatty, the actress Geneviève Bujold, the singer Linda Ronstadt and Jerry Brown, who was the governor of California at the time. I was timing Krissy’s contractions and when I finally persuaded Ronnie and Mick that she did need to go to the hospital, they called Sandy Castle, who was Neil Young’s right-hand man, who arrived in a hearse to collect us, which broke up the party somewhat. Sandy was speeding and we were pulled over by the police, but once they saw who was inside they waved us on. We were at the hospital for 24 hours before she gave birth to their beautiful son Jesse."

In my opinion, perhaps the single most interesting collection of words I have ever read on this site smiling smiley

In my opinion, perhaps the single most interesting collection of words I have ever read on this site

Please explain,hbwriter.
Do you think it sounds too much like gossip ?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 14, 2012 14:57

Great thread. Thanks for starting it

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: February 14, 2012 15:03

Honestman
SwayStones

Ron n Mick.

Could this beach be the infamous Zuma Beach ??? or is it another one ???

Ok let's try another way
here it's Zuma Beach !

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-14 15:05 by Honestman.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 14, 2012 15:59

Looks like the exhibit ended last month in Birmingham, UK:

"Hanging Out with Carinthia West
Friday, 11 November 2011 - Saturday, 28 January 2012"

Thanks for the photos and other info, SwayStones.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: February 14, 2012 15:59

Carinthia in audience at Rock & Roll Circus. I think the girl with the green hat is model Erlin Ebreck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-14 16:09 by His Majesty.

Date: February 14, 2012 18:57

Honestman,to me ,it looks more to Malibu State Beach

It was a long time ago when I went there ,but it looks like Malibu State Beach ,although I could be wrong .

CrissCrossMind/Helter knows for sure what beach it is smiling smiley

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 14, 2012 19:04

I dont think there are any houses located right on Zuma beach.

=========================================================

That is certainly the most "name dropping" I may have ever seen in one parapragh.

Date: February 14, 2012 19:21

Ok thanks to both thumbs up

HMN

Date: February 14, 2012 19:32

Max'sKansasCity
I dont think there are any houses located right on Zuma beach.

=========================================================

That is certainly the most "name dropping" I may have ever seen in one parapragh.

OK,thanks Max ! smiling smiley
I understand your English better than I get hbwritter 's one .
"Name dropping " ,now THAT talks to me .

Date: February 14, 2012 19:35

His Majesty
Carinthia in audience at Rock & Roll Circus. I think the girl with the green hat is model Erlin Ebreck.

Thanks for the photo,His Majesty .
Don't know why but because of your username,I always feel like if I have to call you " YOUR Majesty cool smiley

Now it means she already "knew" Jagger ( or at least met him once there ) in 69 ?
And she dated with him in 76 only ?confused smiley

Date: February 14, 2012 20:33

Philip, HM any name will do. thumbs up

Mick seems to have had his fill of vanilla ice cream in 1969 as he seemed to get deep in to chocolate ice cream for much of the early 70's. By 1976 I guess he had the craving for vanilla once again. grinning smiley

Date: February 16, 2012 13:34

Mick with Linda Rondstadt

Date: February 16, 2012 13:40

Picture special: New unseen photos of Mick Jagger and Roling Stones in Stratford-upon-Avon exhibition

Feb 20 2011 by Sarah Taylor, Sunday Mercury

SHE’S the original rock chick who has photographed some of the biggest names in music history – including her ex-boyfriend Mick Jagger.

Carinthia West took amazingly candid and casual shots of the Rolling Stones at the height of their fame in the 1970s.

The former model also captured other legendary music stars through her lens, including George Harrison and David Bowie.

Now Carinthia is exhibiting her stunning collection of intimate photos in Stratford-upon-Avon.

Pride of place will be pictures of a carefree and fresh-faced Jagger, who has given his blessing to the show, called Hanging Out.

Carinthia, 59, said: ‘‘Mick has been incredibly supportive. When he saw them he said, ‘I didn’t look too bad then’.

“I’m friends with Mick, and I think the reason is because I don’t talk about our relationship.’’

One of her behind-the-scenes snaps also highlights a softer side to Jagger and bandmate Ronnie Wood.

“The two of them are sitting with Ronnie’s son and Mick looks so happy, they are making silly faces at the baby,’’ she said.

‘‘People never imagined the Rolling Stones to have a domestic side.

“I’m still great friends with them.’’

Carinthia also captured poignant pictures of the late Beatle George Harrison but has kept a very private image back from the show at the request of his widow, Olivia.

“When I looked through the pictures of Olivia and George, she asked me not to use a beautiful one of them in Australia,’’ said the London-based photographer.

‘‘She said I could use it in 10 years’ time, but at the moment it was still very personal. So I haven’t used it, I don’t believe in exploiting people.

“I always show the photos to people before I use them. I want them to be viewed with a sense of affection.’’

[www.sundaymercury.net]

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: February 16, 2012 14:07

nice photos

Date: February 28, 2012 21:47

From Edge Mag

The gallery is burning down. Which photograph would you save?

Well, the big Mick (Jagger). But I wouldn’t be able to get it out on my own. Given that that one is then doomed, I’d probably just take a small Mick image.

[www.edgemagazine.org]

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: February 29, 2012 10:23

Another one of Mick in Holland Park (not very good quality I'm afraid):

[www.sundaymercury.net]

Thanks for this thread: some lovely pictures I've not seen before. By the way, the picture with Eric Idle posted above is because Carinthia West was one of the cast of Rutland Weekend Television: see below for Not Only Ms West as one of the Bigamy Sisters, But Also George Harrison as a Pirate (and you all thought that Johnny Depp got the idea from Keith, didn't you!)

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: February 29, 2012 11:39

She really looked a great deal like Marianne, even allowing for the ubiquity of the 1960's English style of the time.

There is something sleazy about discussing her affair with Mick, a married man at the time.

Date: March 2, 2012 22:09

Mark Rodgers,CW ,Chris Jagger & Neil Robinson,ditector of the Saint Pauls Gallery

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1653
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home