Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Mick & Bianca photo thread
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: February 12, 2012 21:59

From the Daily Mail Archive

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: February 12, 2012 22:02

Del-FANTASTIC

Date: February 13, 2012 13:10

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: February 13, 2012 18:56

Some really great and obscure photos in this thread. It's uncanny how their expressions mirror each other's in many of them.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: February 13, 2012 19:00

Yeah, Bliss - like I said, I still get a kick out of seeing Mick and Bianca photos I haven't seen...keep them coming!
Mick looks tiny in that photo on top.
Has anyone seen a photo of Mick and Bianca at the 76 Olympics at a soccer game. Bianca is cheering and smiling and Mick is looking at her with this look of genuine affection...
I can't find it.

Date: February 13, 2012 19:28

Leni Riefenstahl

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-13 19:34 by Deltics.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: February 13, 2012 20:09

Posted by: The Wick ()
Date: February 13, 2012 20:17

This is one of the great all time threads. Mick was at his most stylish when he was with Bianca.

Date: February 13, 2012 20:33

schil--where on earth did those polaroids come from????

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: February 13, 2012 21:22

Damn! How can Mick go from Bianca to Jerry Hall and L'Wrenn?????!!

You guys have to admit, Bianca and Mick were a golden couple!

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: February 13, 2012 21:58

Mick and Bianca really looked like a golden couple, maybe because they were of the same body type, similar size, and were so androgynous looking when they were young.

Mick and Marianne were also very well matched and enhanced each other's beauty.

By the time Mick got to Jerry, he had lost that youthful softness and looked much more masculine. But with the age difference plus the fact that Mick's face aged rapidly due to his extreme slimness, they did not look matched at all.

And now, with the large age difference between him and L'Wren, plus the grotesque difference in their height, no two people could look less like a couple. But at last he seems to have found stability and happiness, and that is what matters.

Date: February 13, 2012 22:10

DiamondDog7
Damn! How can Mick go from Bianca to Jerry Hall and L'Wrenn?????!!

You guys have to admit, Bianca and Mick were a golden couple!

What's interesting is how times have changed. When I first started reading about the Stones, she was always referred to by the press as 'exotic' with a 'wide mouth' etc...to the point where she was considered not 'beautiful' in the context of Marianne or other white women or the stereotypical English rock chick. So when Jerry Hall came along, it was like a 'step-up' to the press.
As someone who is of Hispanic origin, even in our culture we were manipulated into thinking this way. So in those days, I never thought of Bianca as 'beautiful' because in mainstream culture, she was too ethnic. WHen I look at these old photos now - i'm amazed at how beautiful she was and still is.
But that's because of a change in perception - and rightly so.
Bianca is latina - and her features are strongly ethnic. That was not as accepted back then in the mainstream pop culture standards of beauty.
Janice Dickinson says that Bianca was her idol because she was one of the few women 'of color' who were out there and if you were not blonde or your features too "black" or "Latino" - you were not considered 'beautiful'.
Hard to believe because it hasn't been that long ago - but its true and it even affected how all people of color saw themselves. Bianca says she grew up ashamed of her darker skin.....look at how Cecily Tyson was treated back then. That's why she was relegated to playing old women - she was 'too black'.
Its different now - latino, black, asian women with strong features are celebrated: Jennifer Lopez, Viola Davis, Eva Mendez.....singers etc...
Young actresses like Zoe Saldana, Vanessa Hudgens, Rosario Dawson all call Bianca a style icon for them because of this.
Well, that was a tangent...apologize.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: February 13, 2012 22:11

hbwriter

From an old thread started by Swaystones some years ago if my memory workswinking smiley

HMN

Date: February 13, 2012 22:16

HMN

Date: February 13, 2012 22:47

Honestman
hbwriter

From an old thread started by Swaystones some years ago if my memory workswinking smiley

wow - some of those heavy make up shots border on cross dressing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-13 22:47 by hbwriter.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: February 13, 2012 23:20

hbwriter

From here

[www.iorr.org]

schilid was already playing with the big size and hbwriter wrote :
hbwriter
wow--and andy warhol at the white house!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: February 13, 2012 23:22

I believe SwayStones & Honestman are correct

Date: February 14, 2012 01:54

hbwriter
Honestman
hbwriter

wow - some of those heavy make up shots border on cross dressing

On MIck? Yeah.
I remember an anecdote from the 75 tour where Mick was pissed because his makeup artist (Pierre LaRoche) went to far with the makeup and Mick is screaming that he looked like a tart or whatever. SO Bianca had to redo his makeup.
I swear in some of those 75 live shots, Mick looks borderline clownish!
Too much!

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 14, 2012 02:11

they rarely look happy together, guess thats why they split huh?>grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-14 02:13 by melillo.

Date: February 14, 2012 02:59

melillo
they rarely look happy together, guess thats why they split huh?>grinning smiley<

They often looked like they had been fighting....maybe part of the dynamic. And when your husband is a serial slut, I imagine Bianca was often giving him hell.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-14 03:02 by stupidguy2.

Date: February 14, 2012 04:41

Date: February 14, 2012 07:45

Are there anymore from the Tarle book? I see so many of Keith and Anita, but only a few of Mick and Bianca, like the one above.

Date: February 14, 2012 15:46

winking smiley

HMN

Date: February 14, 2012 15:49

stupidguy2
Are there anymore from the Tarle book? I see so many of Keith and Anita, but only a few of Mick and Bianca, like the one above.

Not that much mainly cos' they didn't stayed so often in Keith's house >grinning smiley<

HMN

Date: February 14, 2012 19:02

schillid
I believe SwayStones & Honestman are correct

You "believe " ?

You bet we are !!!!winking smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-14 19:15 by SwayStones.

Date: February 14, 2012 19:02

A red sequinned Halston outfit on Bianca.

No photograph credit ,sorry .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-14 19:26 by SwayStones.

Date: February 14, 2012 19:17

stupidguy2

They often looked like they had been fighting....maybe part of the dynamic. And when your husband is a serial slut, I imagine Bianca was often giving him hell.

And when your husband is a serial slut
He wasn't a slut :-(
That's not a nice thing to say .
She knew who he was before she married him,didn't she ?

Date: February 15, 2012 01:12

SwayStones
stupidguy2

Not so sure - Mick's slutiness was not as notoriously documented up to that point.
And according to Bianca, Mick was the one who wanted a traditional marriage - she was from a broken home, and the idea terrified her. But she was also catholic and pregnant. Maybe she married in good faith....
And why is that not a nice thing to say? He's a slut! That's not an opinion - that's a matter of fact.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 15, 2012 01:17

stupidguy2
SwayStones
stupidguy2

Not so sure - Mick's slutiness was not as notoriously documented up to that point.
And according to Bianca, Mick was the one who wanted a traditional marriage - she was from a broken home, and the idea terrified her. But she was also catholic and pregnant. Maybe she married in good faith....
And why is that not a nice thing to say? He's a slut! That's not an opinion - that's a matter of fact.

I think because the word 'slut' has such negative connotations. Perhaps 'manwhore' would be more appropriate in this instance? smiling smiley

Date: February 15, 2012 02:32

treaclefingers
stupidguy2
SwayStones
stupidguy2

I think because the word 'slut' has such negative connotations. Perhaps 'manwhore' would be more appropriate in this instance? smiling smiley

So he's a Manwhore then...lol
I never use words like 'slut', skank', 'whore' in reference to a woman, but for a man, I find it funny. The term has traditionally been used to refer to women, so when using it to describe a bonified (no pun intended) manwhore - its traditionally misogynist context turns on itself.
That's my own logic, at least.....
So I meant it with the utmost affection toward our randy hero....cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-15 02:32 by stupidguy2.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1771
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home