Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 27
Well the wait's over - new Bootleg: Hampton 81
Date: January 31, 2012 07:32

Well that was hardly worth the build up. Great show for the two of you out there that don't have it.

Re: Well the wait's over - new Bootleg: Hampton 81
Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: January 31, 2012 07:39

Great! I don't have it. I have many others, but somehow I don't have the much revered Hampton '81.

Date: January 31, 2012 07:41

Don't get me wrong - it's probably the most solid performance of the 81 tour - but man, as good as it is it's a letdown, kinda.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 31, 2012 07:42

Best boot ever IMO but I don't know how releasing it improves it. It was perfect as a boot, they should have released something that only exists in the vaults. Or a upgraded version with missing songs of a show.

But in our circles, it is well known. Outsiders will be thrilled.

Date: January 31, 2012 07:44

Um, is it available now, and if so, where?

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: January 31, 2012 07:45

Well, I have it now. I'm glad you started the thread. I've just been checking in at the Stones Archive site (as opposed to logging into Google Music) and it's not up over there yet.

Date: January 31, 2012 07:45

The Sicilian
Best boot ever IMO but I don't know how releasing it improves it. It was perfect as a boot, they should have released something that only exists in the vaults. Or a upgraded version with missing songs of a show.

But in our circles, it is well known. Outsiders will be thrilled.

Yeah, that's my point exactly! I hate to be such an elitiest, but of ALL the stuff they have in the vaults.....

Date: January 31, 2012 07:46

Sipuncula
Um, is it available now, and if so, where?

[market.android.com].

Date: January 31, 2012 07:47

No album cover? Just a picture of Mick

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: January 31, 2012 07:48

I've never been satisfied with the sound quality of any Hampton boot, so I'm very excited with this release.

Date: January 31, 2012 07:51

UnderAssistantWCPromoMan
[market.android.com].

Thanks!

Date: January 31, 2012 07:52

lamemodem2
I've never been satisfied with the sound quality of any Hampton boot, so I'm very excited with this release.

That's too bad because it sounds great. Even at 192Kbps it sounds better than most lossless boots. Maybe you need a better sound system.

Date: January 31, 2012 07:54

If you don't have it, it's a real deal at 5 bucks. And it's the most solid performance from 81, IMNSHO. But I was really psyched for something a bit rare.

Date: January 31, 2012 07:59

UnderAssistantWCpromoMan
If you don't have it, it's a real deal at 5 bucks. And it's the most solid performance from 81, IMNSHO. But I was really psyched for something a bit rare.

As most of us were, but it was expected. It was their best boot so releasing it makes sense. Still, I would have loved to have them release a complete crappy show of something we don't have or have in crappy quality.

Phoenix 1969 or Buffalo 1975 (early or late) or the club shows etc... anything???

Date: January 31, 2012 08:00

Yeah- BRING ON THE CRAP!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 31, 2012 08:06

Would be a miracle if even one of the six concerts is actually rare from the vaults. I suspect they'll hold onto alot of unreleased material to spread out over the next fifty years or more. Of course most of us won't be around to enjoy it, but their children will have a paycheck from time to time. Anyhow, it will be nice to have these six concerts in upgraded quality.

Date: January 31, 2012 08:11

I've never had a Hampton bootleg. So I'm enjoying this. It sounds great. What date was this show? Wikipedia shows there being two shows in Hampton '81.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: January 31, 2012 08:31

lamemodem2

You must have horrible copies, its the best sounding boot I own, which does make this somewhat disappointing, it can't be much of an upgrade.

Date: January 31, 2012 08:32

LeonidP
lamemodem2

You must have horrible copies, its the best sounding boot I own, which does make this somewhat disappointing, it can't be much of an upgrade.

It sounds better than Still Life, so that's something.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: January 31, 2012 08:41

NoCode0680
LeonidP
lamemodem2

It sounds better than Still Life, so that's something.

Actually I haven't gotten the official boot yet, I was talking about how great sounding the original bootlegs of this show sound -- and yes, far superior to Still Life.

Date: January 31, 2012 08:45

So is this show the 18th or 19th?

Date: January 31, 2012 08:57

Nevermind, I guess it's the 18th. I can hear Keiths guitar go whacky on Satisfaction when he hits the fan with it, and that was the 18th according to a Google search.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 31, 2012 09:01

frankotero
Would be a miracle if even one of the six concerts is actually rare from the vaults.

Sure, we all had the Brussels SECOND show for years already, in excellent quality.

Mathijs

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 31, 2012 09:06

If it is Hampton -FANTASTIC! ONe of the best shows the Stones ever gave, and there's much to be improved on the sound quality. On the boots we have (except the Grande Finale and We Hate You vinyls) all sound levels are wrong, and it all is second generation. If it is remastered like Brussels it can only be fantastic.

Mathijs

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: January 31, 2012 09:17

It really is one of the best boots. But in my opinion this one MUST be released as an official DVD. I'm sure it will be, the question is when.

Date: January 31, 2012 09:19

Mathijs
If it is Hampton -FANTASTIC! ONe of the best shows the Stones ever gave, and there's much to be improved on the sound quality. On the boots we have (except the Grande Finale and We Hate You vinyls) all sound levels are wrong, and it all is second generation. If it is remastered like Brussels it can only be fantastic.

Mathijs

I've never had the bootleg, but this is definitely remastered, the quality is better and clearer than Still Life. It sounds really great to me. LSTNT sounds much better here than on Still Life, and it's the same performance. You can hear guitar parts that I didn't even know was there on Still Life.

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: January 31, 2012 09:19

I couldn't ask for anything more than Hampton. Fantastic! (If it is, indeed, Hampton.)

Date: January 31, 2012 09:30

vermontoffender
I couldn't ask for anything more than Hampton. Fantastic! (If it is, indeed, Hampton.)

Well, you can clearly hear Keith jack that dude with his guitar during Satisfaction.

Date: January 31, 2012 09:41

Where can we find info on this release? There's nothin on stonesarchive.com confused smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 31, 2012 09:49

Happy24
It really is one of the best boots. But in my opinion this one MUST be released as an official DVD. I'm sure it will be, the question is when.

I can't justify getting the audio download when I already have it on a great sounding, great looking DVD.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1774
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home