Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 27
Re: Well the wait's over - new Bootleg: Hampton 81
Posted by: Slick ()
Date: February 2, 2012 01:45

falo01
Slick
20 pages ugh.... does anyone know if micks comments between songs are cut?

at least audience noise is cut out between songs, didnt check micks talking yet.
thanks... his comments are essential imo, thats why hippy happy keith is my go-to boot cd for this show, the edited ones are worthless to me.

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: February 2, 2012 01:49

Slick
falo01
Slick

at least audience noise is cut out between songs, didnt check micks talking yet.
thanks... his comments are essential imo, thats why hippy happy keith is my go-to boot cd for this show, the edited ones are worthless to me.

Which comments are you looking for? The "Are any sailors here?" comment is still on. So the Turkish jock-strap one. And the whole shidoobee intro is still there. And all the shout-outs to the different cities. The one where he says (forgot the city name) "God bless your little hearts" cracks me up every time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-02 01:50 by lamemodem2.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 2, 2012 01:54

A-ma-zing...

This once again confirms it's all about the roll and the ancient form of weaving.

Date: February 2, 2012 01:59

lamemodem2
Slick
falo01
Slick

Which comments are you looking for? The "Are any sailors here?" comment is still on. So the Turkish jock-strap one. And the whole shidoobee intro is still there. And all the shout-outs to the different cities. The one where he says (forgot the city name) "God bless your little hearts" cracks me up every time.
all the shout-outs to the cities watching the ppv at home. my fav is before beast of burden, "i aint forgetting los angeles either" and someone in the crowd yells "F#*@ los angeles" lol. awesome, thanks, i will look on usenet for the flacs!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-02 02:03 by Slick.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: February 2, 2012 02:23

kowalski
Deltics
I'm working on a cover although I haven't downloaded it yet!
It obviously spreads across two CDs so where you all ending disc 1 and starting disc 2?

I would have disc 2 starting with Let It Bleed. Then it makes both discs with approximatively the same length.

Thanks.
Here's my effort:

[www.jgphoto.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-02 02:35 by Deltics.

Date: February 2, 2012 02:38

flacs sound fantastic, i was playing hippy happy keith while they downloaded and the difference is like night and day. finally after 2+ dreadful decades, what a great time to be a stones fan yessssssssssssssss!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 2, 2012 02:42

Koen
A-ma-zing...

This once again confirms it's all about the roll and the ancient form of weaving.

oh, dear. if those are the two things it's about, i need to find a new hobby.

Posted by: redsock ()
Date: February 2, 2012 02:44

Sweet creamy jesus - this sounds good.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: February 2, 2012 03:53

NoCode0680
Erik_Snow
NoCode0680
Erik_Snow
Everybody here, me included, who is somewhat disappointed in Hampton 1981 was absolutely satisfied with both Brussels and Fort Worth. So there's no need to try twisting this into the lame "people here are never satisfied". That's just BS.

Brussels and Fort Worth was stunning. And Hampton is also stunning. But the trouble is that I/we have allready been "stunned" by the bootleg. Is that so hard to grasp?

But of course I'll be downloading this official Hampton release as well, since it has better stereo seperation.

Everybody was not satisfied with Brussels Affair. Many complaints about that as well. The reception wasn't quite as hostile as what Hampton is getting, but I still saw MANY complaints. I think when somebody says "people here are never satisfied" they don't mean that YOU as a person, or that person right over there are never satisfied, but that you simply can't please everybody in this community. Even if they released every really rare show that a majority of people want, there would probably be some that wanted Hampton, or some that wanted some other rare shows, or some that wanted concerts they were in attendance for released, etc.

I can only recall ONE person who was not satisfied with Brussels 1973, except for the people who still haven't downloaded it, and didn't realise that it was the 2nd show that they release. So I think you are wrong there.

YOU can only recall one person, so I am wrong. That's funny.

Some of the complaints:

No physical release
The Bootleg is better, should have released that performance
Keith and Mick's guitars are on the wrong channel
Mick's guitar isn't loud enough
Too much saxophone
Too much drum compression

Those are just the ones I remember reading, there were probably many more. The one about the bootleg performance being better is kind of funny, because many of the complaints about Hampton is that it's been available as a boot. So you can't please everybody. It's just a numbers thing, you get a large group of people and they're all going to have different wants. Don't take it as an insult, it's just reality.

I downloaded Hampton and have listened to about half of it thus far and I think sonically it is stunning, very clear and in your face. Now, like several others on this board, I was initially disappointed that the newest release was a show that I have previously collected and have more than one copy of, and in different formats (yes, I'm jaded because I'm a long time fan who has spent tons of money on Stones stuff and feels entitled to bigger and better releases LOL!). I speculate like others have that the next releases may continue the trend of being well known boots that we all have collected over the years rather than the release of obscure or "less famous live shows." Even though this latest one may be a disappointment to some, to have this show (like Brussels) as an "official" release in this stellar quality for a minisule price is quite awesome! Although others on this board may disagree with what I am about to say, WE AS A STONES FAN BASE AND COMMUNITY NEED TO GET BEHIND THESE RELEASES AND SUPPORT IT EITHER BY OUR PURCHASES OR GOOD WORD OF MOUTH TO OTHERS AND/OR FEEDBACK TO THE STONES ORGANIZATION! The Rolling Stones may (or may not) have one more tour in them. After that, it is all about the music that is their legacy. I may have selfish reasons, but I want to see these releases continue (whether it be El Mocambo 77, Paradiso 1995, a 75 show, Steel Wheels 89, etc, etc) beyond the five or six that have been promised to the buying public.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: February 2, 2012 04:18

Why isn't this considered "News" on the iorr homepage?

Date: February 2, 2012 04:40

Glam Descendant
Why isn't this considered "News" on the iorr homepage?
dont want to bump 'Mick Jagger on new will.i.am release' or 'Keith Richards to appear at Howlin' for Hubert gig' from the top of the page lmFao

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 2, 2012 04:43

ok, ok, I'll download it...

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: February 2, 2012 05:13

Sighunt
Although others on this board may disagree with what I am about to say, WE AS A STONES FAN BASE AND COMMUNITY NEED TO GET BEHIND THESE RELEASES AND SUPPORT IT EITHER BY OUR PURCHASES OR GOOD WORD OF MOUTH TO OTHERS AND/OR FEEDBACK TO THE STONES ORGANIZATION! The Rolling Stones may (or may not) have one more tour in them. After that, it is all about the music that is their legacy. I may have selfish reasons, but I want to see these releases continue (whether it be El Mocambo 77, Paradiso 1995, a 75 show, Steel Wheels 89, etc, etc) beyond the five or six that have been promised to the buying public.

No disagreement from me...this is exactly what should be done. We must think about this on a long-term scale and not see this through our limited view of the now. There's absolutely no reason to not spend a measly $5 to get the remixed and official release of these classic performances.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 2, 2012 06:09

StonesTod
Koen
A-ma-zing...

Can we please ban the words "ancient" and "weaving"? This would save us having to ban actual people.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: February 2, 2012 06:12

71Tele

Can we please ban the words "ancient" and "weaving"? This would save us having to ban actual people.

But what if the day comes (as it most assuredly will) that we want to actually talk about ancient weaving?

Posted by: Turd On The Run ()
Date: February 2, 2012 06:27

NoCode0680
71Tele

But what if the day comes (as it most assuredly will) that we want to actually talk about ancient weaving?

Touché.

And Sighunt...your comments are excellent. I will download the new release (even though, like most of the board, I already have several quite excellent bootleg copies). The rave reviews on this board and Sighunts' comments have broken through my cynical, cold heart...and I am genuinely excited to hear Hampton 1981 with fresh ears.

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: February 2, 2012 08:30

The ancient form of weaving weaving of form ancient the form of weaving ancient the of weaving ancient form the weaving ancient form of ancient form of weaving the ancient of weaving the form ancient weaving the form of form of weaving the ancient form weaving the ancient of form the ancient of weaving form ancient of of weaving the of weaving the ancient form of the ancient form weaving of ancient form weaving the of form weaving the ancient weaving the ancient form of weaving ancient form of the weaving form of the ancient weaving of the ancient form.

I prefer the ancient form of weaving of 1981 to any guitar interplay between Keith and Mick "look at how many notes I can cram into a solo" Taylor.

The....Ancient....Form....Of.....Weaving.

Kicks ass.

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: February 2, 2012 08:31

Now if we can just get Google music is offer FLAC files in the U.S..........

Anybody wanna shoot me an email and let me know where I might find the FLAC files? I don't mind to pay for this show, but I'd much rather have FLAC than mp3..

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: February 2, 2012 08:35

vermontoffender
I prefer the ancient form of weaving of 1981 to any guitar interplay between Keith and Mick "look at how many notes I can cram into a solo" Taylor.

haha. You made an ally out of me, vermontoffender...but you might make a few enemies with that zinger. I sense another 20 pages to this thread a comin'. Watch out!

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: February 2, 2012 09:48

Justin
vermontoffender

haha. You made an ally out of me, vermontoffender...but you might make a few enemies with that zinger. I sense another 20 pages to this thread a comin'. Watch out!

I too am an ally. The term "weaving" gets mocked a lot around here, but to me that just shows that some people don't understand it. Keith and Ron toss licks and phrases to each other and if you listen - really listen, it's amazing. What sounds like a full lick or phrase is often one guy starting the phrase and then the other guy finishes it. Sort of like two people who know each other so well that they can finish each others sentences. This give and take, back and forth style of playing makes the Richards-Wood team my favorite guitar pairing in the Stones history. Not knocking Mick Taylor. He was a brilliant lead guitarist, but with him there was no - or rarely - any weaving. It was two distinct parts playing side by side. Taylor did his thing and Keith did his. Yes, it created much great music, witness Brussells, but I much prefer Richards - Wood, where the lines where blurred and so much musical interaction took place.

Date: February 2, 2012 10:00

This album is growing on me byleaps and bounds even though I've had a bootleg copy for years. It sounds so good! And the performances are hot! I just got it today and I'm on about my fourth listen already - this time through some really top notch headphones. I'm totally happy with everything about this release - the sound, the performance, the setlist; it's great!

Date: February 2, 2012 10:02

Simply a stellar release!

I'm blown away by the sound, the mix and the performance.

THIS IS The Rolling Stones! smileys with beer

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 2, 2012 10:04

Thank you Deltics. Looks really good

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: February 2, 2012 10:05

DandelionPowderman
Simply a stellar release!

I'm blown away by the sound, the mix and the performance.

THIS IS The Rolling Stones! smileys with beer

You sound like me! smileys with beer

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: February 2, 2012 10:18

Yeah, I'm really glad they released this even though it wasn't one of my first choices. It's really changed my opinion of the '81 tour. As a fan of guitar heroics I will always prefer Taylor era stuff, but my opinion of this particular era has always been formed by "Still Life", which is not something I like well enough to listen to very often. I have a new found respect for '81 though. If Doc Brown pulled up in front of my house with his DeLorean and offered to take me to a Stones show I would probably still tell him to set the Flux Capacitor for '69, '72 or '73, but if he said it had to be '81 I'd be totally cool with it.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: February 2, 2012 10:39

Well I'm really pleased that most of you are happy with Hampton but I am getting a Java certificate error when download tries to start. My Java appears to be up-to-date. Anyone else had an issue with this?

Posted by: KeithDaMan ()
Date: February 2, 2012 10:48

stonesdan60
Justin
vermontoffender

I too am an ally. The term "weaving" gets mocked a lot around here, but to me that just shows that some people don't understand it. Keith and Ron toss licks and phrases to each other and if you listen - really listen, it's amazing. What sounds like a full lick or phrase is often one guy starting the phrase and then the other guy finishes it. Sort of like two people who know each other so well that they can finish each others sentences. This give and take, back and forth style of playing makes the Richards-Wood team my favorite guitar pairing in the Stones history. Not knocking Mick Taylor. He was a brilliant lead guitarist, but with him there was no - or rarely - any weaving. It was two distinct parts playing side by side. Taylor did his thing and Keith did his. Yes, it created much great music, witness Brussells, but I much prefer Richards - Wood, where the lines where blurred and so much musical interaction took place.

I must agree 100%. When I read some comments the last years on this board about Keith, Mick T and Ron W I began to doubt my judgement on this :-). And I love all 3 of them.

Posted by: novica ()
Date: February 2, 2012 10:58

Father Ted
Well I'm really pleased that most of you are happy with Hampton but I am getting a Java certificate error when download tries to start. My Java appears to be up-to-date. Anyone else had an issue with this?

try to delete your browse history,cookies...etc.
if that doesn't help try to re-import that certificate

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: February 2, 2012 11:18

novica
Father Ted

try to delete your browse history,cookies...etc.
if that doesn't help try to re-import that certificate

Thanks Novica but how do I reimport the certificate?

Date: February 2, 2012 11:41

71Tele
StonesTod
Koen
A-ma-zing...

"The classic form of crocheting"? smileys with beer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2640
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home