Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Abbey Road crossing: it is fun to see it live
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 27, 2015 18:37

Not much fun to see that girl getting hit by a car...

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: February 27, 2015 23:58

Date: March 4, 2015 20:00

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: March 5, 2015 00:19

At the risk of boring everyone...but yeah I was there too. I was more intrigued by the little white building that is the actual recording studio. The lot was open and I got in for a few minutes before someone inside told me to leave.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-05 00:20 by nightskyman.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: March 5, 2015 01:07

nightskyman
At the risk of boring everyone...but yeah I was there too. I was more intrigued by the little white building that is the actual recording studio. The lot was open and I got in for a few minutes before someone inside told me to leave.

In the summer of 1983 when EMI were upgrading the studios, they ran a series of 'open days' at the Abbey Road studios. It was a presentation about the history (etc) of the place, the artists who had used it, and obviously it was about 90% about The Beatles.

I went twice.

Hearing Beatles recordings, only one transfer away from the EMI masters, being played in the studio where they were recorded was pretty good! It also made me realise how pathetic vinyl can be.

Despite being everyone searched on the way in, someone even in those days managed to grab an audio version (sweet), but more recently the film and audio have emerged on bootleg. Very nice indeed.

Apparently even McCartney went (in disguise) from his home just around the corner.

There's a reasonably well founded story that EMI tried to release an album on the back of these Sessions, called "Sessions". I have what looks very much like, but of course may not be, a factory test pressing in a very slick sleeve.

But eventually, along came Anthology which covers it all anyway.

I've a few nice souvenir photos, and I have kept one of the tickets.

(I understand that they did something similar in 2014, but have not read any reports from anyone who went.)

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Date: March 5, 2015 14:00

There was indeed an evening in September of last year, which celebrated the mono vinyl release, held in Studio 2. The original recording engineer Ken Scott and current Abbey Road remastering engineer Sean Magee were part of a panel discussing the release and answering questions. It was quite extraordinary to hear some of these tracks, played through a £350,000 stereo system, in the very room they were originally recorded! Spine tingling stuff.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 5, 2015 14:12

Basically everything that has to do with The Beatles LP covers, songs, recording times, yes everything is magic ...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: March 5, 2015 14:40

A very odd Russian album cover from 1993:

[www.45worlds.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: March 5, 2015 14:55

Manofwealthandtaste
There was indeed an evening in September of last year, which celebrated the mono vinyl release, held in Studio 2. The original recording engineer Ken Scott and current Abbey Road remastering engineer Sean Magee were part of a panel discussing the release and answering questions. It was quite extraordinary to hear some of these tracks, played through a £350,000 stereo system, in the very room they were originally recorded! Spine tingling stuff.

Would love to do that!

Inside Abbey Road With Beatles Engineer Ken Scott : [www.mojo4music.com]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 5, 2015 15:18

Deltics
A very odd Russian album cover from 1993:

[www.45worlds.com]

Very odd cover indeed. At first sight I thought there was nothing wrong until I paid more attention to it. cool smiley

BTW, nice to see you're back, Deltics! Hope everything's fine.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1390
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home