Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Sticky Fingers - mispressed gatefold cover
Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: January 8, 2012 20:38

For you vinyl collectors right now on ebay:

Never heard of this, but the guy is a true expert. So try if you can get it.

Tom

My link didn`t work, so take the link below from with sssouls post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-08 20:48 by electricmud.

Re: Sticky Fingers - mispressed gatefold cover
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 8, 2012 20:42

i guess this would be the correct url: [www.ebay.de]

Date: January 8, 2012 20:44

Thank you with sssoul !!

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: January 8, 2012 21:06

I like the center label better than the final version.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: January 8, 2012 21:12

First I've heard of this. Interesting. The Stones version of the "Beatles Baby Butcher Cover." I do think the guy who wrote the ad copy probably drank 50 double espressos before he wrote it. SUCH AN AMAZING COVER!!! OH MY GOD!!!

Date: January 8, 2012 21:24

It has the ORIGINAL tongue and lips logo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: January 8, 2012 22:40

I've collected Stones Vinyl since '65 and I have never heard about this cover .

I'd be careful about bidding on this one .

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: January 8, 2012 22:44

My Sticky Fingers LP that I bought in 72 was glued on the front right side but if you unbuckle the top, unzip it and look down the front it's just like this one...I thought they were all that way.

I don't want to accuse anyone of anything but this just doesnt sound right to me..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-08 22:48 by scottkeef.

Date: January 8, 2012 22:54

Aside from the tongue being the original tongue, what's so different about this copy? That's the only thing I noticed being different.

Posted by: Hillside Blues ()
Date: January 8, 2012 23:09

Nothing, except they forgot to glue the right side of the cover.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: January 8, 2012 23:12

scottkeef
My Sticky Fingers LP that I bought in 72 was glued on the front right side but if you unbuckle the top, unzip it and look down the front it's just like this one...I thought they were all that way.

I don't want to accuse anyone of anything but this just doesnt sound right to me..

The first time I looked (too quickly) at the main photo I thought it was one cover folded open. When I looked just now I realized it was just the inner sleeve resting next to the outer sleeve—nothing attached. So I'm wondering now, too: what's the big wup?

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: January 8, 2012 23:13

Hmm...

Looks like a standard original being "opened" to create a gate-fold!confused smiley

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 9, 2012 01:03

What a scam. That's a total joke.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: January 9, 2012 01:14

scottkeef

Same thoughts here and probably same copy as yourswinking smiley

HMN

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 9, 2012 01:20

...at this stage don't touch it .... not even with a 40ft pole with a Dettol rag hangin' off the end of it ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 9, 2012 14:08

Thanks for the heads up! Got it for only £226 !

Date: January 9, 2012 21:00

Congratulation , Erik!
Beside the comments of some experts here Graham (xxxrecords) is a reliabel source on ebay for many years and it`s no problem to get a refund if anything is wrong with the item. I had great busines with this guy by myself. Curious what you will post.

Tom

Date: January 9, 2012 21:10

@Tom, I'm sorry for joking. The whole advert is a scam. I have 1st pressings of the album myself. I just thought it was funny that somebody paid £226 for this. Thanks for sounding so kind....almost make for guilty for not being stupid enough to buy it

Date: January 9, 2012 21:23

Oh, stupid me. But this guy is reliabel.That was the reason I posted the auction. Why shouldnt there a tiny amount of mispressed covers in existence?
Anyway, never heard about it by myself and perhaps you are right.

Tom

Date: January 9, 2012 21:30

electricmud
Oh, stupid me. But this guy is reliabel.That was the reason I posted the auction. Why shouldnt there a tiny amount of mispressed covers in existence?
Anyway, never heard about it by myself and perhaps you are right.

Tom

Yeah the guy is reliable, I bought some rare Rolling Stones records from him, myself. But this piece of thing is just "Sticky Fingers needing glue". IOW, not a mispressing, but a misglueling.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: January 9, 2012 21:45

electricmud
Congratulation , Erik!
Beside the comments of some experts here Graham (xxxrecords) is a reliabel source on ebay for many years and it`s no problem to get a refund if anything is wrong with the item. I had great busines with this guy by myself. Curious what you will post.

Tom

Maybe he is reliabel but he doesn´t know much about stones vinyl. I bought a UK exile first press from him couple of years ago with the 12 postcards and
everything. The problem was that when i was opening the record for the first time it contained two A/B records and no C/D record. One of these A/B records came from another copy...and it wasn´t a first press either...the guy is a joke and his item descriptions is totally outrageous.

Date: January 9, 2012 22:04

JumpinJeppeFlash
Maybe he is reliabel but

...the guy is a joke and..

Besides the spelling mistake, you are contradicting yourself, Jeppe. Sorry.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 9, 2012 23:10

SO THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT AT ALL - THAT THIS IS THE RAREST & MOST SOUGHT AFTER 1ST PRESSING OF THIS LP

THIS LP IS SERIOUSLY RARE AND VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND LIKE THIS - SO DONT MISS OUT ON THIS INCREDIBLE OPPORTUNITY!!!!

I don't find him to come across as reliable, when he is constantly shouting to get his point across.

Date: January 9, 2012 23:23

Koen
I don't find him to come across as reliable, when he is constantly shouting to get his point across.

I understand your point, but you have to know this guy. His descriptions make you laugh in a way and its the same formula for years, but all records are desrcipted very detailed and his ratings are true (as far as I know). So like Erik said, he did business with him, I did and some friends of me ,too. So beside his funny descriptions this guy is reliable.
Anyway nobody has to make business with him.

Tom

Date: January 10, 2012 00:01

Erik_Snow
JumpinJeppeFlash
Maybe he is reliabel but

...the guy is a joke and..

Besides the spelling mistake, you are contradicting yourself, Jeppe. Sorry.

Ohh, very sorry about that mr. perfect but i think you know what i mean...

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: January 10, 2012 00:24

Never done business with this person so I cannot comment on reputation but I submit the question that with as many bonavide Stones collectors(vinyl or otherwise) as there are on this board that it seems NO ONE has ever heard of these "miss-pressed" sleeves??! It leaves me with the impression that (best scenario) this person has found something no one has ever heard of or seen or he isnt well informed or (worst scenario) it is an intentional scam...

Date: January 10, 2012 10:55

scottkeef
Never done business with this person so I cannot comment on reputation but I submit the question that with as many bonavide Stones collectors(vinyl or otherwise) as there are on this board that it seems NO ONE has ever heard of these "miss-pressed" sleeves??! It leaves me with the impression that (best scenario) this person has found something no one has ever heard of or seen or he isnt well informed or (worst scenario) it is an intentional scam...

It´s for sure a scam, you can ask Mr. Jan Richardsson what he thinks about the guy since no one here seems to believe me.

[stonesvikings.com]

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: January 10, 2012 10:57

That's kind of like Victor Victoria...a woman pretending to be a man, pretending to be a woman...

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: January 10, 2012 12:36

xxxrecords are always selling their items using the same basic item text. It is so full of superlatives and alwasy soooo extremely rare that...... well.

It is nothing else that clever marketing. By using this kind of item text everyone get the impression that this seller knows what it is all about and buyers do believe what is written. He sells all his items for three or four times more money that similar items with normal or bad item description. He even got 750 pounds out of a mono Let It Bleed a few years back...... It ain't the seller who is stupid, it is the buyers who believe in the item description

For this SF, just a plain original cover split into a fold out

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 10, 2012 16:31

It is absolutely a scam - that's exactly what the cover looks like if you pull it open. If he's a dealer, he knows it and he's a crook. If I were you guys, I would never buy anything from this guy again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-10 16:33 by drbryant.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1600
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home