Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Songs and moods some of the 'Some girls' outtakes remind me of
Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: December 6, 2011 15:47

Claudine: An echoey and more trebly, Berry-like 'Who do you love'
So young: 'Confessin' the blues' meets 'Short and curlies'
Do you think I really care: A 'Let it bleed' and 'Dead flowers' baby
Keep up blues: 'Stop breaking down' has got some hickup
Petrol blues: Mick has been listening to Robert Johnson all day long

Re: Songs and moods some of the 'Some girls' outtakes remind me of
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: December 6, 2011 15:52

"No Spare Parts" sound like a countrified "Some Girls" to me - musically anyway, not lyrically.

Date: December 6, 2011 15:58

Do You Think definitely has the Dead Flowers-swing.

I think someone here described as a "wedding band sound". Couldn't disagree more.

Date: December 6, 2011 16:04

DandelionPowderman
Do You Think definitely has the Dead Flowers-swing.

I think someone here described as a "wedding band sound". Couldn't disagree more.

grinning smiley A 'wedding band sound'? That was funny.Imagine the scene..Plus singing the 'Do you think I really care' line..

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 6, 2011 17:11

petrol reminds you of robert johnson? i don't hear it...

Date: December 7, 2011 12:40

StonesTod

I mean the way Mick sings. His colouring. When I first heard it I instantly thought of Robert Johnson. Might be that 78rpm grammophone record soundscape and that talking/singing attitude and repeating of the last line like 'Texaco..Texaco' and 'I -just - paid - for'.. 'Ijustpaidfor' kind of thing.

Date: December 7, 2011 16:57

Kirk
StonesTod

I mean the way Mick sings. His colouring. When I first heard it I instantly thought of Robert Johnson. Might be that 78rpm grammophone record soundscape and that talking/singing attitude and repeating of the last line like 'Texaco..Texaco' and 'I -just - paid - for'.. 'Ijustpaidfor' kind of thing.

gotcha...but i can think of dozens of blues guys who it reminds me of alot more...

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 7, 2011 17:16

Kirk
StonesTod

That's what I thought when I first heard it. Sounds like it was recorded in 1935. They should issue it on a 78 rpm record.

Date: December 7, 2011 17:29

71Tele
Kirk
StonesTod

That's what I thought when I first heard it. Sounds like it was recorded in 1935. They should issue it on a 78 rpm record.

thought it was dumb to truncate it...i took the suggestion of someone on the board and grafted the unedited boot version on my cd instead of the released vsn...

Date: December 7, 2011 19:41

I haven't heard the full version! Aah, I bet it is wonderful. Yes they should go with the unedited version.

Date: December 7, 2011 19:43

Kirk
I haven't heard the full version! Aah, I bet it is wonderful. Yes they should go with the unedited version.

someone suggested the "arab" line would be politically unwise...but that doesn't account for losing over 2 minutes of the tune...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 7, 2011 19:44

71Tele
Kirk
StonesTod

Yes and yes...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1779
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home