Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Some Girls Deluxe now in high resolution
Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: November 22, 2011 22:54

Good news for fans wanting to buy a version in higher quality sound than the new cd. It's now for sale at 24 bit resolution at HDtracks.

Re: Some Girls Deluxe now in high resolution
Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 22, 2011 23:32

Somle Girls with bonus tracks is available at 88kHz/ 24bit.

[www.hdtracks.com]

Some Girls Deluxe Version
Length 1:25:39
Format FLAC
Price $25.98

Disc 1
1 Miss You 4:58
2 When the Whip Comes Down 4:41
3 Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me) 4:56
4 Some Girls 4:47
5 Lies 3:27
6 Far Away Eyes 4:40
7 Respectable 3:22
8 Before They Make Me Run 3:36
9 Beast Of Burden 4:38
10 Shattered 3:58

Disc 2
1 Claudine 3:55
2 So Young 3:26
3 Do You Think I Really Care 4:29
4 When You're Gone 3:53
5 No Spare Parts 4:31
6 Don't Be A Stranger 4:11
7 We Had It All 2:43
8 Tallahassee Lassie 2:47
9 I Love You Too Much 3:16
10 Keep Up Blues 4:42
11 You Win Again 3:11
12 Petrol Blues 1:32

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: November 22, 2011 23:34

If IT is a true hd files
Why isn't it sold by Universal directly ? I am sceptical

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: November 22, 2011 23:44

toomuchforme
If IT is a true hd files
Why isn't it sold by Universal directly ? I am sceptical

HDtracks gets the license from Universal for (download only high) definition albums, innitialy anyway. They get this licence from other major labels too. The sacd release will be done by Universal I think.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: November 23, 2011 00:03

So they are releasing this as SACD as well? If so this is good news.

Date: November 23, 2011 00:04

Several articles and sites mention the fake hd files. My Stones files bought on hd tracks are not real hd. They sound exactly the same as files extracted from the sacd I have in 16/44 kHz

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 23, 2011 00:36

Can it definately be proven The Stones tracks are not true HD?

Posted by: R ()
Date: November 23, 2011 00:44

frankotero
Can it definately be proven The Stones tracks are not true HD?

Or that they are?

Date: November 23, 2011 12:39

[www.iorr.org]

Date: November 25, 2011 00:21

This is a Universal Republic release. Their site forwards you to Amazon if you click on SG album and not on Hd tracks. Curious if they have a deal no ?
Anyway who bought the HDT version ?

Date: November 25, 2011 04:39

I would buy it it were from the same master as the recent Japan-only reissue on SACD. Which is not the case unfortunately. It's from the 2009 remaster which is brickwalled to death. Can't see the point in having this in HD.

Date: November 25, 2011 09:14

Good point. I do not understand why the recent Sacd made from analog tapes are not available in master files.

Date: November 25, 2011 12:18

toomuchforme
Good point. I do not understand why the recent Sacd made from analog tapes are not available in master files.

Apparently they're made by Universal Japan and only for the Japan market. Still I'd love to see them sold on HDTracks. That would be a real novelty.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 25, 2011 13:50

I'd like it all analogue and on vinyl . [I can dream can't I .]

Date: December 10, 2011 12:49

Anyone bought the hd tracks files now ?

Date: December 10, 2011 13:08

Original master is so compressed that it sounds even worse in HD ...

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: December 10, 2011 13:13

I am too old to hear the high frequencies anymore sad smiley So why do I need a sampling rate of 88 kHz?

Date: December 10, 2011 13:39

@midnrambler It's not only about hearing high frequencies, but also about feeling them. Last Kate Bush album that was released recently sounds incredibly good in HD. I've rarely heard a pop album with such a depth in sound.
However to achieve such a good result, original master needs to have a wide dynamic range - which is not exactly the case with Some Girls new release...

Date: December 10, 2011 14:00

The Some Girls album on HDtracks are too compressed (brickwalled) and have no dynamic range to speak of, however the bonus tracks from HDtracks sound better to my ears compared to the cd counterpart. For these I hear more detail and have a more dynamic range to my ears. I didn't measure the dynamic range on the bonus tracks, maybe someone knows how to do this.

Date: December 10, 2011 14:23

The new 2011 release has a dynamic range of 6 for the original album and 7 for the bonus tracks.
In comparison Virgin remaster from the 90's has a dynamic range of 12. No wonder it sounds much better.

Date: December 10, 2011 14:29

kowalski
The new 2011 release has a dynamic range of 6 for the original album and 7 for the bonus tracks.
In comparison Virgin remaster from the 90's has a dynamic range of 12. No wonder it sounds much better.

Who on earth (in the music industry) thinks that worse (loud) sounding remasters are better for our ears?

Date: December 10, 2011 14:32

barbabang
kowalski

Who on earth (in the music industry) thinks that worse (loud) sounding remasters are better for our ears?

And the Virgin remaster is already compressed (one can see it clearly when looking at the waveform).
The first edition on CD (from the 80's) has a fantastic dynamic range of 14. Even if the sound is not as defined as on the later reissues, it sounds great actually.

Date: December 10, 2011 14:45

What I would like in a music product, (download, cd, vinyl) is that one can put the volume louder (louder than '3'), and that you can hear the whole album, without getting 'ear fatigue')

Point in case : The latest vinyl re-issue from the Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magic (Warner) Great sound and the volume is 'crankable' (as it should)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-10 14:47 by barbabang.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 10, 2011 16:56

midnrambler
I am too old to hear the high frequencies anymore sad smiley So why do I need a sampling rate of 88 kHz?

you obviously aren't considering others in your household, like perhaps your dog. This is the christmas season...think of others.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: December 10, 2011 17:20

Can someone provide me ONE of the HD tracks. I am an audio engineer and video producer by trade. If they are infact better tracks, I will be able to tell. Not because I have an awesome ear, but simply because I have the equipment to handle the files.

The first rule to anything above 44.1kHz is that your soundcard/equipment, must be able to handle the refresh rate! If you are playing a 96kHz file through Winamp/WMP on your PC, and you don't notice a difference, it is very possible that your soundcard has been set to convert everything to 44.1kHz.

(Drake@Hatfieldmedia.com)

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: December 12, 2011 22:14

Thank you to the two posters (will leave you anonymous unless you speak up) for sending me two tracks from the HD site. Personally, they look exactly like upscaled tracks. There is no sonic improvement over the standard CD.

I've talked with a few people privately about this and the #1 reason that the difference is not drastic (if they are legit tracks) is that they are a post-master up-rez. Meaning, the entire CD was mastered for 16bit CD with the maximum volume level and resolution allowed under 44.1kHz. So there is no benefit to empty frequencies and dithered soundgaps.

Maybe someone should contact that site and see if they are legit...

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: December 12, 2011 22:31

flacnvinyl
Thank you to the two posters (will leave you anonymous unless you speak up) for sending me two tracks from the HD site. Personally, they look exactly like upscaled tracks. There is no sonic improvement over the standard CD.

I've talked with a few people privately about this and the #1 reason that the difference is not drastic (if they are legit tracks) is that they are a post-master up-rez. Meaning, the entire CD was mastered for 16bit CD with the maximum volume level and resolution allowed under 44.1kHz. So there is no benefit to empty frequencies and dithered soundgaps.

Maybe someone should contact that site and see if they are legit...
Drake, you're the man!

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: December 12, 2011 22:38

Thank you Drake - it's a shame they are selling these as HD files though. Does it could sell a 1920x1080 pitch black image as a "HD pixel" and get away with it?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 12, 2011 23:27

"Personally, they look exactly like upscaled tracks"

Yeh upscaling is alas the new word en vogue in the industry. We've had bluray movies made from upscaled dvd Masters and now here is this. eye rolling smiley

Date: December 13, 2011 06:59

How strange. So it's a scam.

But WHY? Is this the same deal as what ABKCO put out? Well, obviously not, but I mean is this supposed to be the same? And are the ABKCO HD releases really HD? I think you talked about this Kowalski but I'm having a senior moment. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out Or whoever it was!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1850
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home